Sith Raid character speculation

Replies

• Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    Well, not really a speculation: who else can it possibly be, other than Meetra Surik? B)
    But really, feel free to discuss who else could it be

How about both Sion and Traya, one in normal and one for heroic :0
  • Options
    If it's not getting shards for Sion and Traya the only two that actually make sense are Revan and Meetra. But putting Meetra in the game would sort of nullify this Sith uprising as she defeated the Triumvirate.

I'll accept any of the 4 though, Revan being top choice of course.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Ferret2112 wrote: »
    Am i the only one who believes that CG/EA give us the most ambiguous hints they can so that the player base will offer them a multitude of ideas about what should be in the game and then they choose what to make from that list?

No you’re not. I think they have a general idea and when we think the hint means something cooler they do both. No way would we guess it right as often as we do and we’d be getting more emails saying what it isn’t when we all agree on something they’re not ready for.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • want5umcand1
    124 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So I thought it was going to be the SM.....i guess that would be dumb for a raid toon. How are we getting him btw?

NM I see. An event
  • ziglet
    69 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    opops
  • Options
    Am i the only one who believes that CG/EA give us the most ambiguous hints they can so that the player base will offer them a multitude of ideas about what should be in the game and then they choose what to make from that list?

No you’re not. I think they have a general idea and when we think the hint means something cooler they do both. No way would we guess it right as often as we do and we’d be getting more emails saying what it isn’t when we all agree on something they’re not ready for.

I really doubt they would have time to design new content based on fan speculation.
  • Options
    Im gonna say new raid char will be Darth Malgus. Not revan for the fact he is most wanted char in sw universe so lots of big money to be made from him so why give him away free in raid rewards. Darth Malgus on the other hand would fit rite in line with tht raid an makes a lot of sense to me. And to back up my speculation in gamechanger Ahnalds video he mentioned he thinks we could possibly get him as well. Why he tho tht idk maybe speculation like me. But i can totally see him bein the reward an later down the road needing him for Revan. But only time will tell i guess.
  • Options

I really doubt they would have time to design new content based on fan speculation.

I meant that they take ideas and make future content out of it. For example, mythic events, EP rework, recurring events, etc.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Options

They listen, take in all that feedback from hint reaction and give you exactly what you want.

Boom!

timthumb.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fpixelatedgeek.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fstar-wars-the-last-jedi-la-red-carpet%2F775080478SH00187_Star_Wars_.JPG&h=230&q=90&f=.JPG

• Jacen_Raye
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I’m hoping that Normal Sith Raid will give Darth Sion shards. Hard Sith Raid will give Darth Traya shards.

Then you’ll need them later this year to get Revan!

Darth Malgus makes no sense because he wasn’t around the KOTOR era and his story line is SWTOR was pants.
    Traya and Sion are more worthy characters
  • Options
    Jacen_Raye wrote: »
    I’m hoping that Normal Sith Raid will give Darth Sion shards. Hard Sith Raid will give Darth Traya shards.

Then you’ll need them later this year to get Revan!

Darth Malgus makes no sense because he wasn’t around the KOTOR era and his story line is SWTOR was pants.
    Traya and Sion are more worthy characters

I hope not. In that case, guilds will have to choose which if the 2 to farm at any given moment. I do hope they both come into the game - they are amazing characters that deserve a spot in the Meta - but if they are both only farmable in one place it'll take forever to get them both.
  • Options
    Goodgil wrote: »

I hope not. In that case, guilds will have to choose which if the 2 to farm at any given moment. I do hope they both come into the game - they are amazing characters that deserve a spot in the Meta - but if they are both only farmable in one place it'll take forever to get them both.

I don’t think it’ll be that bad. I mean it was quick for me to get Han.
    Our guild has only just started on HAAT and we’ve done about 4/5 raids atm and were already half way to unlocked GK.

It may take a couple of months to get 1 toon, but like RHan and GK it’ll be worth the wait.

• Options

Our guild has only just started on HAAT and we’ve done about 4/5 raids atm and were already half way to unlocked GK.

It may take a couple of months to get 1 toon, but like RHan and GK it’ll be worth the wait.

I have no problem with one of them being there. There's a good chance that'll happen. The only issue is farming 2 toons from one raid. That is the thing that would take to much time and will force guilds to choose.

Also, what happens when a person changes guilds? That happens a lot. Does he now also needs to find a guild that farms the toon he needs? That will just make it that much harder to guild to function properly...
  • Options
    I think you're forgetting that they want content to last a long time. What better way then to earn shards for 2 different characters. If someone decides to leave their guild, that's that person's problem. I don't really care which way it goes, but I can see it going that route. People are too fixated on how fast they can 7* a New raid toon, when I believe it would be a wiser decision to put emphasis on trying to earn 2 different toons, one at a time. I think that would make the Raid better, imo.
  • Options

If CG works in any way similar to other games of this kind, whether physically or digitally, they should be like 3 major updates in the future (using the „delay“ to steamline, test and debug things)
    As we are talking about EA and the pressure they give to devs (according to various sites), they are maybe forced to release things way earlier than they would like to.
  • Options
    Well, currently I‘d assume Traya as normal raid shards and Sion as heroic; why?
    Because people expect it to be harder than normal AAT which our higher than average powered guild still takes it sweet time to complete...
    Sith might not be possible until you reach high end and heroic might be impossible for quite a while excluding the all max super whales
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Cossin wrote: »
    Because people expect it to be harder than normal AAT which our higher than average powered guild still takes it sweet time to complete...
    Sith might not be possible until you reach high end and heroic might be impossible for quite a while excluding the all max super whales
    Why would you "assume" something that you've never seen take place in the game?
    That's not an assumption, not based on existing evidence or logic, that's just imagination & desperately wishful thinking at work.
    I'm in a Gild with 58k GP, we do normal AAT in less than an hour. H-AAT, we can't do yet.

Likely rewards from a new Raid have absolutely no correlation with the increase in difficulty from Normal to Heroic from existing Raids.

All previous evidence shows that there will not be 2 shard rewards, one for each Tier.
    All previous evidence shows that the shard rewards will not be for a character that you fight in the Raid.
    All previous evidence shows that the shard reward will be for a LS character related, story-wise, to the DS enemies in the Raid.

Most likely reward is Meetra Surik, by a country mile, with extremely high probability that she will be needed for a major character, like Revan, being introduced in an Event, which gets the tills chiming from both revenue sources - Raid & Event.
  • Options
    Cossin wrote: »
    Why would you assume something is going to happen, that you've never seen happen in the game?
    That's not an assumption, not based on evidence or logic, that's just extremely wishful thinking.

I'm in a Guild with 58kGP. We do Normal AAT in under an hour but cannot do Heroic.
    There is absolutely no correlation between new Raid rewards & the increase in difficulty from Normal to Heroic in existing Raids.

There is no evidence to suggest that there will be any more than one character's shards available as reward.
    There is a lot of existing evidence to suggest that any character shards will only be available from the Heroic iteration of the new Raid.
    There is no evidence that suggests that you will receive shards for a character that you fight against in the Raid.
    There is a lot of evidence that shows the shards will be for a LS character who has a major part to play in the story of the DS characters that you face in the Raid.

Taking all current evidence into consideration, most likely/probable is Meetra Surik, by a country mile.
    She may then be needed in a later Mythic Event for Revan, which would set both sets of revenue generators rolling.

• Options
    That would really suck if they had a reward character for normal sith raid. Though that said... we haven’t got character shards from a normal raid before....
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    It doesn’t make sense to have one in a normal tier and the other in heroic. Not gonna happen. One may be a reward and the other a guild shop exclusive at double the price perhaps. Or even wampa/hyoda pricing
  • Options
    The reward is most likely going to be one character, although we have never had the reward be someone from the raid...

It would cool if we could make a sort of DS/LS choice and depending on our choice recieve shards for Darth Traya or Meetra Surik(Exile).

Also Sion could easily be the equivalent to GG or GG from the previous raids where they become farmable outside of the raid such as guild store...
  • Randy_Randerson
    301 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Meetra makes the most sense. Sadly, I am sure they would go the Revan route over her though. Revan isn't that cool, everyone really needs to stop stroking it to him.
  • Options

But it takes 25 Haats to unlock GK if you're not top 3...
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Wkj312 wrote: »

But it takes 25 Haats to unlock GK if you're not top 3...

It's still a million times better than the shard distribution for Rancor.
  • Options
    Just played kotor on mobile! :)

Really fun game i must say :)
  • Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    Well, not really a speculation: who else can it possibly be, other than Meetra Surik? B)
    But really, feel free to discuss who else could it be

But what would she look like? And nobody would really know who she is :D
  • Options
    First off I doubt the raid will drop at the end of the month. When tank came out we had specific I found, we knew the character rewards, we knew the bonuses and we had short vids of gameplay. Correct me if I'm working but this was a month before the broken raid came out.

That said I do think they will mix things up, I think we'll get two characters, maybe random amounts of shards per raid, something different than before

I would love to think that these characters would be needed for a revan legendary event but raid Han want needed for cls, putting raid characters as necessary for legendary won't wake them any money. I. Rambling g and need sleep
  • Options
    You're all wrong! Don't you guys see the pattern? Raids only give light side characters, so the obvious choice is to make the raid character Light Side Kreia and make Jedi Meta again. /endsarcasm
  • Options
    MegatronG1 wrote: »
    You're all wrong! Don't you guys see the pattern? Raids only give light side characters, so the obvious choice is to make the raid character Light Side Kreia and make Jedi Meta again. /endsarcasm

2 is not a pattern

I think the raid reward will be porgs. Either that or gear 13 pieces
  • Options
    MegatronG1 wrote: »

2 is not a pattern

I think the raid reward will be porgs. Either that or gear 13 pieces

No Gear 13 please. We JUST got Gear 12, and that took a while. I can see a level increase to 90 though, not a part of the Raid but as part of the package that comes with the update.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
This discussion has been closed.