Sith Raid character speculation

14567810Next

Replies

• FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Trias wrote: »
    Not a chance. Revan will be a huge revenue generator when released.
    People keep saying this. I am not convinced. The problem is that as a character Revan only has value for the people who played Kotor. This is only a small slice of the total star wars fan base. Based on games sales and a generous fudge factor for illegal copies Kotor was played by less than 10 million people. This number is complete dwarfed by the size of the total fan base which between 1-2 orders of magnitude bigger. This means that for every player that goes "OMG Revan!" there is probably 10 players that go "WTK is Revan?!".

No it isn't a small slice of Star Wars fan base. Revan won the fan choice award for action figure a just two years ago. The fan made film winner for 2015 was a Revan film. KOTOR is 23rd best selling console game ever released. That's pretty high. It continues to be one of the highest sold games on steam, and still reaps in sales on android and Apple stores.
    There is a Revan novel, that is one of the higher selling Star Wars novels. Anything old republic has always sold well. KOTOR is in the top 5 highest rated games ever. He is in several comics, he was in a deleted scene of clone wars. He is mentioned in Plagueis novel, and several other novels. He is not limited to KOTOR, and even if he was, that would be one of the majority of gamers and Star Wars fans favorites.

How many people are nightsister fans? How many people are Rose/Holdo fans? How many people are bounty hunter fans? Can you dwarf that made up 10 million figure with any other Star Wars game?

http://www.jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=4839&img=3

And why throw in "illegal copies?"
    What about second hand copies? Especially RPG games, once you beat it you generally sell it. I never bought any xbox games new. Second hand sales aren't accounted for.

Also just about every poll in gear here forums going back to 2015 that include Revan, have him leading the poll for new toon
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    My guess: three tiers, like the others. First tier grants marauder shards, second tier grants juggernaut shards, third tier grants sion shards.
    None of the Raids have 3 Tiers? Rancor has 7 & AAT has 2.
    They both have 4 Phases.

I assume that you're talking about Part II & Part III of the Event that rewarded Sith Marauder? In which case I would also expect the Event to run the way you've described, certainly Sion being Part III reward.
    2 Parts to come & it's Part II that I'm most intrigued by as feel pretty certain Sion will be Part III.

So last year we got 3 marquee events:

1. Sith Assassin
    2. Sith Trooper
    3. Darth Nihilus

if they are doing the same this year (and the event was originally titled 'Lord of Pain") I'd expect:

1. Sith Marauder
    2. UNKNOWN SITH UNIT (not a major character)
    3. Darth Sion

But we then have this Sith/Malachor Raid - which is the Triumvirate (Sion, Nihilus & Traya).

So who will be the raid reward character?

All other raids prior have rewarded a toon of that era:

Pit = Original Han Solo
    AAT = General Kenobi
    Sith =? - Someone from the KOTOR era should be expected. But who?

Lets face it - everyone is screaming for Revan, but is Revan really going to be the candidate??

I personally would expect Darth Malak or Darth Traya as the raid reward - perhaps even Bastilla, however I would rather put money on a dark side toon, as the previous raids have rewarded lightside thus far, and this seems to be a very darkside focused new raid.

I'd love to get Darths: Nihilus, Sion, Traya, Malak and Malgus in the game and run a legendary event requiring those toons in order to finally get Revan - that would be extremely epic and give the release of Revan an entrance worthy of his character as well as want and speculation to his character being released into this game.
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Boo
    Have you not read many of the previous posts in this thread that have been discussing precisely this?
    Pretty certain that Revan is not going to be the Raid reward.
    Based on both previous Raids we fight DS to win LS synonymous with them.
    Not solely "of that era" but both specifically LS of that era, as well as of that specific enemy.
    Quite probable that this Raid will follow same pattern.
    The only LS who is majorly synonymous with the Sith Triumvirate is Meetra Surik.
    She would then lead the way nicely to Revan and Malak....
    Maybe we'll get TOR as a new character category & only those can enter the Revan Event, whichever guise it takes.
  • Options
    What if instead of character shards, we get currency to be used on raid exclusive characters, and that is why we are getting marquees.. to test some of the available characters.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Boo
    Have you not read many of the previous posts in this thread that have been discussing precisely this?
    Pretty certain that Revan is not going to be the Raid reward.
    Based on both previous Raids we fight DS to win LS synonymous with them.
    Not solely "of that era" but both specifically LS of that era, as well as of that specific enemy.
    Quite probable that this Raid will follow same pattern.
    The only LS who is majorly synonymous with the Sith Triumvirate is Meetra Surik.
    She would then lead the way nicely to Revan and Malak....
    Maybe we'll get TOR as a new character category & only those can enter the Revan Event, whichever guise it takes.

Have I read whole 9 pages of posts?...No.

I'm just throwing out my thoughts and 2 cents into the mix - glad you read it.

Are we getting Surik? Like I said regarding Bastilla (who I'd say is a more fan fav over Surik) I would say no.

We have 2 LS raid reward toons. With DSTB and outrage over this games bias towards LS toons, why wouldn't they make the next 2 raids DS reward toons?

Makes perfect sense to me - balance my friend...balance.
  • Options
    Wouldnt it be a kick in the teeth if the raid reward was another light side character?
  • Options
    This is my guess
    Sion in a marquee
    Traya raid reward
    if cadence is roughly followed Sion becomes farmable around the infamous August and top tier/top earner guild would have Traya, allowing for a TOR tag needed to unlock Dark side Revan in a Legendary event in August a few runs at that brings us to February 2019, month of the Sith for a Malak release, who becomes farmable around August to bring us Hero's Journey for Light Side Revan
  • FearMeFool12345
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Nobody figured out yet that reward for Sith Raid will be Revan LS? Revan DS will be given to us in Hero Journey. And Revan DS comparing to LS will be like CLS and Farmboy Luke...
  • Options
    People keep saying this. I am not convinced. The problem is that as a character Revan only has value for the people who played Kotor. This is only a small slice of the total star wars fan base. Based on games sales and a generous fudge factor for illegal copies Kotor was played by less than 10 million people. This number is complete dwarfed by the size of the total fan base which between 1-2 orders of magnitude bigger. This means that for every player that goes "OMG Revan!" there is probably 10 players that go "WTK is Revan?!".

No it isn't a small slice of Star Wars fan base. Revan won the fan choice award for action figure a just two years ago. The fan made film winner for 2015 was a Revan film. KOTOR is 23rd best selling console game ever released. That's pretty high. It continues to be one of the highest sold games on steam, and still reaps in sales on android and Apple stores.
    There is a Revan novel, that is one of the higher selling Star Wars novels. Anything old republic has always sold well. KOTOR is in the top 5 highest rated games ever. He is in several comics, he was in a deleted scene of clone wars. He is mentioned in Plagueis novel, and several other novels. He is not limited to KOTOR, and even if he was, that would be one of the majority of gamers and Star Wars fans favorites.

How many people are nightsister fans? How many people are Rose/Holdo fans? How many people are bounty hunter fans? Can you dwarf that made up 10 million figure with any other Star Wars game?

What about second hand copies? Especially RPG games, once you beat it you generally sell it. I never bought any xbox games new. Second hand sales aren't accounted for.

Also just about every poll in gear here forums going back to 2015 that include Revan, have him leading the poll for new toon

Yes, Kotor was a very popular PC/console game. However, the point I am making is that PC/console gamers in general (and certainly from that era) make up only a fraction of the total star wars fan base and the target demographic for this game. As a case in point, Kotor sold maybe 3 million copies (Due to copying/reselling that the number of players will be larger, but 10 million probably is the right ball park), SWGOH itself has had 20 million or so players. And SWGOH is not even the most played star wars themed mobile game (The SW angry birds games have over 100 million players).

So yes, former Kotor players make up a small slice of the total player base for this game.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Yes, Kotor was a very popular PC/console game. However, the point I am making is that PC/console gamers in general (and certainly from that era) make up only a fraction of the total star wars fan base and the target demographic for this game. As a case in point, Kotor sold maybe 3 million copies (Due to copying/reselling that the number of players will be larger, but 10 million probably is the right ball park), SWGOH itself has had 20 million or so players. And SWGOH is not even the most played star wars themed mobile game (The SW angry birds games have over 100 million players).

So yes, former Kotor players make up a small slice of the total player base for this game.

I am sure that is true for fans of Star Wars Rebels - older fans and players of SWGOH probably didn't care for the introduction of Phoenix in this game, but only so to get Thrawn - who they know well and love from the EU novels (now legendary).

Why not bring out toons from the KOTOR era - like you said 20 million players are so are not an accurate number and that was for KOTOR alone. Since then there was also KOTOR 2 as well as the popular SWTOR - so I certainly think 20 million would be way off. A much larger number in reality, indeed.

Not only that but KOTOR has been re-released for XBone and mobile - so even more people are playing it - and its re-release makes it recent again and popular again - so why not?
  • DaWitchIzDed
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Boo Think you may have misread the post you're replying to mate.
    20 million was the number he gave for this game.
    3 - 10 million was the number he gave for KoTOR.

I agree with you, that it's probably considerably higher. Unsure why you make reference to Phoenix, or fans of SW Rebels, as he doesn't seem to mention anything related to them, or Thrawn?
    Was that to provide an example of a low section of the fan base getting something that the majority didn't care about? Guess that was the point, as that's the crux of why he seems to be dismissing the KoTOR portion.

Also, given that he provides those numbers, it seems odd for him to then suggest that 10 million out of 20 million is a small percentage, when it's at least 50% of the numbers given. That's quite obviously not a "small slice".
    Post edited by DaWitchIzDed on
  • Options

People shelled out hundreds of dollars for a nonsense toon like marauder. You really think the response to Revan, the most requested toon by far will not draw a biblical number of buyers? Really?
  • Options
    Jedi_Bane wrote: »
    Wouldnt it be a kick in the teeth if the raid reward was another light side character?

Agreed... would be 3-0 for LS.... would be just annoying as hell... so much LS love
  • Options
    Meetra Surik, Darth Traya, Darth Malak or Revan.
    My money is on one of the first two but anything can happen
  • Options
    Wasn’t there dark side Anakin on one of the EP/Vader rework popups? Why not DS Anakin? I don’t know any of the Sith you are referring to...
  • Options
    Antares wrote: »
    Wasn’t there dark side Anakin on one of the EP/Vader rework popups? Why not DS Anakin? I don’t know any of the Sith you are referring to...
    Isn't DS Anakin known as Vader? lol
    Joke. I know what you're referring to, there was rumour & speculation about there being a Hero's Fall type journey for Anakin.
    Not seen anything to substantiate that.
    The Sith being referred to are from The Old Republic timeframe, as is Meetra Surik.
  • Options
    Well, my prediction of Meetra Surik was wrong.
    My other suggestion of Visas Marr is a Marquee, not Raid reward, so wrong there too.

Traya FTW!
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    MegatronG1 wrote: »
    You're all wrong! Don't you guys see the pattern? Raids only give light side characters, so the obvious choice is to make the raid character Light Side Kreia and make Jedi Meta again. /endsarcasm

2 is not a pattern

I think the raid reward will be porgs. Either that or gear 13 pieces

No Gear 13 please. We JUST got Gear 12, and that took a while. I can see a level increase to 90 though, not a part of the Raid but as part of the package that comes with the update.

7 star mods ,
    I will be ticked if it´s Sion/Traya as a reward. Why? Cause they get on of the greatest reward treatments in the game and Nihilus was a Marquee moved to a hard node. It doesn't flow. If I had to guess, it would be
    DARTH JAR JAR

• Options
    This is my guess
    Sion in a marquee
    Traya raid reward
    if cadence is roughly followed Sion becomes farmable around the infamous August and top tier/top earner guild would have Traya, allowing for a TOR tag needed to unlock Dark side Revan in a Legendary event in August a few runs at that brings us to February 2019, month of the Sith for a Malak release, who becomes farmable around August to bring us Hero's Journey for Light Side Revan

• Options
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Maybe you’ll fight them one per phase for 1-3 then all 3 in phase 4
    Good call
This discussion has been closed.