Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Devro wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    This change isn't just cosmetic, it's actually changed the game. I am complaining right here right now.

Due to the ships being reorganised my tie pilot moved to the back line. My tie pilot is very important as it gives my tarkin turn meter. I have benefited due to people automatically choosing to hit the tie fighter as it's been the default ship targeted. Today I go to fight and I have dropped somewhere between 50-70 places.

I would like the option to choose my order because I have the physical capability to choose who I want to attack. if people can't be bothered to choose how they order their crew/ships that's their fault, not mine.

Bad update. Bad.

Let me get this straight, you think you dropped more because other players now aren't targetting your ITF first anymore? That's hilarious.

do you have another explanation for a drop three times the usual amount, on the same day an update was made that changed the order of the ships?

i don't have any explanation. Either way, it's hilarious. Not sure what would be more funny; you thinking that's the reason, or you being right and it actually being the reason.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    This change isn't just cosmetic, it's actually changed the game. I am complaining right here right now.

Due to the ships being reorganised my tie pilot moved to the back line. My tie pilot is very important as it gives my tarkin turn meter. I have benefited due to people automatically choosing to hit the tie fighter as it's been the default ship targeted. Today I go to fight and I have dropped somewhere between 50-70 places.

I would like the option to choose my order because I have the physical capability to choose who I want to attack. if people can't be bothered to choose how they order their crew/ships that's their fault, not mine.

Bad update. Bad.

Let me get this straight, you think you dropped more because other players now aren't targetting your ITF first anymore? That's hilarious.

It would be possible but ONLY if everyone who fought him did so on auto.

This is very likely as my fleet power is 210k and I am fighting fleets of 280k. If everyone paid attention there is no way I would hold my position.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Bad update. Bad.

They had to be losing on auto for all that time he was holding rank though. I mean, it's possible, but plausible?
  • Options
    100% agree. Terrible update. Took personal choice away from the players.
  • Options

Bad update. Bad.

They had to be losing on auto for all that time he was holding rank though. I mean, it's possible, but plausible?

as I said, it's not a coincidence. I fought and my FO tie fighter was in the lead position. the AI killed it immediately (because it was there) instead of targeting the tie which was always in the lead position (and able to dodge). feel free to test how many times the ai targets your lead ship wit it's first shot and how many times it doesn't, rather than just assuming i'm talking out of my ****.
  • Options
    I came to the conclusion that in the battle of the ships, the rival initially attacks the central ship of the first line and the right ship of the second line. so I put a tank there. and now, in these positions, ships with a small amount of life and they quickly die. today I have fought five times with an opponent who has never had problems before. this is the worst update from all, turn everything back on
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    I came to the conclusion that in the battle of the ships, the rival initially attacks the central ship of the first line and the right ship of the second line. so I put a tank there. and now, in these positions, ships with a small amount of life and they quickly die. today I have fought five times with an opponent who has never had problems before. this is the worst update from all, turn everything back on

My TF was always front left because that's where it was (I never cared). Sometimes it got attacked right away, sometimes it did not.

This is to say your conclusion is faulty.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kodimus wrote: »
    Whatever mod merged these threads, good job. They were about two different topics--one of them being the roster display with favorites active, the other being in-battle positioning of your squad.

Yeah Kyno any way to separate the 2 different conversations going on?

I will see if i can pull them apart....

@CaptainRex @Kodimus done.
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    As I said in another thread, the AI attacks my ships randomly. The positioning of your ships has zero to do with it.

So leef's assumption is valid.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Bad update. Bad.

as I said, it's not a coincidence. I fought and my FO tie fighter was in the lead position. the AI killed it immediately (because it was there) instead of targeting the tie which was always in the lead position (and able to dodge). feel free to test how many times the ai targets your lead ship wit it's first shot and how many times it doesn't, rather than just assuming i'm talking out of my ****.

That would mean you should hold rank even better since the AI is not automatically attacking presumably the least favourable target.
  • Options
    I wonder if they experimented with changing the camera angle instead. Seems like that would have been a more simple solution. Maybe elevate it a little bit higher.
  • Options
    Yeah, not a fan. I like my squad order, please stop rearranging it. I like my taunt in front, I like my Snowtrooper in front, I don't like to see him laying down a full AOE spray through the backs of all his allies. I like Wiggs in back with their orange duds next to each other. I like Ezra on Hera's right so he is easy to select for assists. Quit screwing with my squads.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    I don't necessarily mind the new tech, but I preferred being able to place my characters where I wanted (tanks up front). The only time I had the issue before was in ship battles when it was the capital ship's turn and the camera panned, I've clicked the wrong ship many times because of that. I would have preferred a tab-target option for my squad and the opponents.

Regardless, the hunched over or squatting characters seem to be the issue for me. Kylo and FOST for FO, Poe and Resistance Trooper for Resistance are both positioned front left and back left even though they are shorter than the other 2 non-leaders.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

My TF was always front left because that's where it was (I never cared). Sometimes it got attacked right away, sometimes it did not.

This is to say your conclusion is faulty.

I am very happy for you. but I have come to this conclusion and with such a deployment of ships I never had problems with the first place on the arena. and today everything has changed
  • Options
    Barik_Edo wrote: »
    My Kylo hiding behind the taller FOO.

IMG

What bothers me most here is that everyone knows FOTP belongs in the back row where he can be protected by the front line, and closest to the camera where he is easy to select. And Kylo belongs in the front row closest to the camera where he is easy to select.
    Some of this is a joke, some is serious, I will let you ponder which is which.
  • Options
    Kodimus wrote: »
    Whatever mod merged these threads, good job. They were about two different topics--one of them being the roster display with favorites active, the other being in-battle positioning of your squad.

Yeah Kyno any way to separate the 2 different conversations going on?

I will see if i can pull them apart....

@CaptainRex @Kodimus done.

You da man @Kyno
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Barik_Edo wrote: »
    My Kylo hiding behind the taller FOO.

IMG

What bothers me most here is that everyone knows FOTP belongs in the back row where he can be protected by the front line, and closest to the camera where he is easy to select. And Kylo belongs in the front row closest to the camera where he is easy to select.
    Some of this is a joke, some is serious, I will let you ponder which is which.

What bothers me is that now Kylo's awesome looking stance is basically hidden.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I don’t understand why this feature was even changed. Why change something that isn’t broken?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don’t understand why this feature was even changed. Why change something that isn’t broken?

Especially in ships this was an issue. This also helps in character battles as it's a little easier to select and/or see health bars.
  • Options
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    I wonder if they experimented with changing the camera angle instead. Seems like that would have been a more simple solution. Maybe elevate it a little bit higher.

We were previously able to place characters wherever we wanted. There was no issue.
  • Options
    Yeah, not a fan. I like my squad order, please stop rearranging it. I like my taunt in front, I like my Snowtrooper in front, I don't like to see him laying down a full AOE spray through the backs of all his allies. I like Wiggs in back with their orange duds next to each other. I like Ezra on Hera's right so he is easy to select for assists. Quit screwing with my squads.
    Thank you.

Agreed. Absolutely terrible update. We were previously able to place characters wherever we wanted. There was no issue that needed fixing. The devs are just wasting their time trying to make the game less customizable.
  • Options

Because it *was* broken. Characters like BB and R2 could be hidden behind someone, making them hard to select. And, as mentioned, this was especially a problem in ships.
  • Options

Especially in ships this was an issue. This also helps in character battles as it's a little easier to select and/or see health bars.

Perhaps this is mildly useful for the defensive squads in arena. But, selecting targets hasn't been an issue in ships since they fixed that the last time.

And, nobody has ever said 'I really wish CG would re-arrange my characters/ships on offense because I'm too lazy to do it myself'.

Nope... I'm putting this squarely in the "solution for a nonexistent problem" category. They shouldn't have wasted their time.
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

Perhaps this is mildly useful for the defensive squads in arena. But, selecting targets hasn't been an issue in ships since they fixed that the last time.

And, nobody has ever said 'I really wish CG would re-arrange my characters/ships on offense because I'm too lazy to do it myself'.

Nope... I'm putting this squarely in the "solution for a nonexistent problem" category. They shouldn't have wasted their time.

Devs wasting time trying to make the game less customizable. Then calling it a quality of life update.
  • Options
    I absolutely hate this idea. Surely it’s not just me putting characters where we want to actually put them? I know where to click during arena etc based on where my characters are for best access according to my own personal habits - the reordering is so disorientating that it nearly cost me a match. This is completely a step in the wrong direction - before, you could put your characters in height order if you were that way inclined but now having no input is horrendous - change it back!!!
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    Or you could look at where you're clicking...
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Because it *was* broken. Characters like BB and R2 could be hidden behind someone, making them hard to select. And, as mentioned, this was especially a problem in ships.

But... I could always fix my own team. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which slot went where.

This is just forcing everyone to live down to the standards of those that couldn't figure it out I guess
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    This is just forcing everyone to live down to the standards of those that couldn't figure it out I guess

Hahahahaha.

• Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

But... I could always fix my own team. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which slot went where.

Allowing the user to enter a scenario in which something bad can happen shouldn't be allowed, whether you can change it as the user or not.
  • Options
    Sort by power to go back to the old display, which I prefer, not sure what was so hard about clicking over to the favorites tab... much faster than the 35 mins I spent yesterday refreshing arena to get the max rank jump.
This discussion has been closed.