[RAID MERGE] Traya and Raid reveal delayed

Replies

• Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    -

I think we need a repair bot for Leef stat , a comment finally broke him ;)

*The HK series repair bot enters the med bay...*
  • Options
    I would rather not have another DSTB. We don't know if the actual content is delayed yet of course, but if it is I'd so much rather they do that and fix the problems then release a buggy mess
  • Options
    They delay just the marquee events for 3 days
    still needed in platoons on thursday though
    ;)

Its funny because its going to happen
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Why delay the release of information about the content but not the actual content? Something fishy about this.

Information requires review and approvals, most of which is prepared after the content. Which is then approved after that.

Right. It just seems that it would be logical, that if the information was delayed that there was a last minute change to the content as well. Why have a very last minute delay of info prepared over the last week if there was no change to what they were supposed to reveal. Doesn't really matter, though. It's just that the lack of communication seems needless. I don't see the reason behind not just being upfront about things. It's engenders negative speculation.

If the content was done the days leading up to the game changers visit, then the information would start being collected then, and with the game play going on collecting this information would probably take a little longer, then on Monday trying to get approvals and the final information from people..... Yeah delays can absolutely happen without changes to the code at all.
  • Options
    I think most people understand that if something is amiss, it needs to be fixed before it's released. People don't *want* buggy content. What they want is basic communication.
  • Options
    I think most people understand that if something is amiss, it needs to be fixed before it's released. People don't *want* buggy content. What they want is basic communication.

Yeah, when Koz gives info it’s very clear and thorough, it just doesn’t come out enough.. long droughts of no information is frustrating
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    -

I think we need a repair bot for Leef stat , a comment finally broke him ;)
    giphy.gif

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Things will happen when they happen.

Patience :)
  • Options

So you're saying....soon?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options

Where do you think you are? :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The real question is will we be getting chewy shards for the delay?
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    For the delay of something that wasn't given a date?
  • WhenISayRun
    246 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    We need a swear jar for "soon". It is a four letter word, after all.
  • VirtraThrad
    444 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    IDK - man, if they need to delay to test or fix something, let them do it. I'd much rather next week if need be.
    I hate when they come out with buggy toons/content and then we have to deal with it FOREVER until they decide to fix it. Same goes for the wrong message - and then people jump all over them for it.
    Playing this game since start - I'm all for them trying to get it right the first time - as the alternative just haunts us for a long, long, long time...

I still have scars from the mod release and all the millions of voices that cried out in terror.

So yes, I'm all for getting right rather than quick.
  • Options
    Banth wrote: »
    The real question is will we be getting chewy shards for the delay?

Holdo and Rose
  • Options
    IDK - man, if they need to delay to test or fix something, let them do it. I'd much rather next week if need be.
    I hate when they come out with buggy toons/content and then we have to deal with it FOREVER until they decide to fix it. Same goes for the wrong message - and then people jump all over them for it.
    Playing this game since start - I'm all for them trying to get it right the first time - as the alternative just haunts us for a long, long, long time...

I still have scars from the mod release and all the millions of voices that cried out in terror.

Indeed. I lost many in-game friends that day (week). :'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I'm also a little surprised that the March events calendar isn't out yet. Might be loosely related to delays?
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

We're still here @Nikoms565. We are survivors. And we carry their memory... and the memories of their rage... With us as a reminder: rush jobs hurt everyone. :neutral:
  • Options
    #FebruaryIsTheNewAugust
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • ksomm5
    169 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Osake wrote: »
    I'm also a little surprised that the March events calendar isn't out yet. Might be loosely related to delays?

Will be out tomorrow . Don’t worry it won’t reveal anything big.
  • Options
    Hopefully we will get jabba before the sith raid
  • Options
    For information, did u all know 2018 is not leap year?

Mind-blowing :flushed:
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

We're still here @Nikoms565. We are survivors. And we carry their memory... and the memories of their rage... With us as a reminder: rush jobs hurt everyone. :neutral:

Sometimes there's a certain thrill in a rush-job. But, ultimately they're messy, short lived, and bruising.
    Of all the many, many MANY, complaints about this game
    tumblr_o971z74FAk1qzxv73o1_500.gif
    Devs taking time to do whatever they need to do to deliver a good product should not be among them.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Why delay the release of information about the content but not the actual content? Something fishy about this.

Information requires review and approvals, most of which is prepared after the content. Which is then approved after that.

Right. It just seems that it would be logical, that if the information was delayed that there was a last minute change to the content as well. Why have a very last minute delay of info prepared over the last week if there was no change to what they were supposed to reveal. Doesn't really matter, though. It's just that the lack of communication seems needless. I don't see the reason behind not just being upfront about things. It's engenders negative speculation.

If the content was done the days leading up to the game changers visit, then the information would start being collected then, and with the game play going on collecting this information would probably take a little longer, then on Monday trying to get approvals and the final information from people..... Yeah delays can absolutely happen without changes to the code at all.

I think everyone understands that (or most of us). The pitch forks come out because we’re not actually getting official information from ea/cg. Like it’s been said many times before, we just want to hear it from them, not from people who aren’t employed there.
  • Options
    The silence is deafening. I imagine CG cares about what they do, but the total and complete lack of communication from them, one day before what should be one of the biggest updates of the year, sure gives the impression they don't care. I find myself not caring... I was initially excited for the new raid and whatever else may come, but now I find myself tuning out... which is disappointing. Guess I'll check back tomorrow sometime, but for now, out of sight, out of mind.
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Exactly...which means it's coming on Feb. 30th...and not the 31st. ;)
  • MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    The silence is deafening. I imagine CG cares about what they do, but the total and complete lack of communication from them, one day before what should be one of the biggest updates of the year, sure gives the impression they don't care. I find myself not caring... I was initially excited for the new raid and whatever else may come, but now I find myself tuning out... which is disappointing. Guess I'll check back tomorrow sometime, but for now, out of sight, out of mind.

It amazes me that this is still a concern for people, really.

This is absolutely normal, and has been for a while - and not just with this game, but all games, mobile and online. And there's never, that I recall, been the promise that any date or revealed material was absolutely final anyway - because of how common this sort of thing is.

I'm not trying to bash you specifically here - we're all super eager to get this release in our hands. It's just that this is all but an industry standard now. It's okay.

[edit: I also think they're letting the gamechangers break the news to us so they can focus on fixing this asap - so there's that, I guess?]
  • Options
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »

It amazes me that this is still a concern for people, really.

This is absolutely normal, and has been for a while - and not just with this game, but all games, mobile and online. And there's never, that I recall, been the promise that any date or revealed material was absolutely final anyway - because of how common this sort of thing is.

I'm not trying to bash you specifically here - we're all super eager to get this release in our hands. It's just that this is all but an industry standard now. It's okay.

Really? From other studios not named EA, the communication between developer customers doesn't seem nearly as toxic. I don't think I've met a single person who actually thinks EA is a good company. They just tolerate the (insert negative attribute here) because EA owns covetous IP's.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • TVF
    36636 posts Member
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Ahem.
    TVF wrote: »

(depending on the year)
  • Options
    ksomm5 wrote: »
    Osake wrote: »

Will be out tomorrow . Don’t worry it won’t reveal anything big.

I wasn't terribly worried about big reveals, more for my personal planning. I can be a little obsessive about minor details despite the "subject to change" status.
This discussion has been closed.