[RAID MERGE] Traya and Raid reveal delayed

12346Next

Replies

• Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    The silence is deafening. I imagine CG cares about what they do, but the total and complete lack of communication from them, one day before what should be one of the biggest updates of the year, sure gives the impression they don't care. I find myself not caring... I was initially excited for the new raid and whatever else may come, but now I find myself tuning out... which is disappointing. Guess I'll check back tomorrow sometime, but for now, out of sight, out of mind.

It amazes me that this is still a concern for people, really.

This is absolutely normal, and has been for a while - and not just with this game, but all games, mobile and online. And there's never, that I recall, been the promise that any date or revealed material was absolutely final anyway - because of how common this sort of thing is.

I'm not trying to bash you specifically here - we're all super eager to get this release in our hands. It's just that this is all but an industry standard now. It's okay.

Really? From other studios not named EA, the communication between developer customers doesn't seem nearly as toxic. I don't think I've met a single person who actually thinks EA is a good company. They just tolerate the (insert negative attribute here) because EA owns covetous IP's.

Rate of developers communicating information about their game is the same from most any game I've played, which is many. The community response to said communication, or lack thereof (again, the same as other games), is what makes it toxic. But what came first? Toxicity from developer responses, or toxicity towards EA in general, not related to this game? And for what?
  • Options
    Meerava wrote: »
    The silence is deafening. I imagine CG cares about what they do, but the total and complete lack of communication from them, one day before what should be one of the biggest updates of the year, sure gives the impression they don't care. I find myself not caring... I was initially excited for the new raid and whatever else may come, but now I find myself tuning out... which is disappointing. Guess I'll check back tomorrow sometime, but for now, out of sight, out of mind.

This is absolutely normal, and has been for a while - and not just with this game, but all games, mobile and online. And there's never, that I recall, been the promise that any date or revealed material was absolutely final anyway - because of how common this sort of thing is.

I'm not trying to bash you specifically here - we're all super eager to get this release in our hands. It's just that this is all but an industry standard now. It's okay.

Really? From other studios not named EA, the communication between developer customers doesn't seem nearly as toxic. I don't think I've met a single person who actually thinks EA is a good company. They just tolerate the (insert negative attribute here) because EA owns covetous IP's.

Rate of developers communicating information about their game is the same from most any game I've played, which is many. The community response to said communication, or lack thereof (again, the same as other games), is what makes it toxic. But what came first? Toxicity from developer responses, or toxicity towards EA in general, not related to this game? And for what?

Let's not get into this. Nothing good can come of it.
  • Options
    I think part of the lack of communication is because Kozi seems to be away for some reason...seeing as Leviathan has been filling in for Kozi (as stated in the version update notes)
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • Options
    From what I gather from comments throughout these forums, the situation is that people enjoy hype, but don't like being let down about that hype. That's perfectly reasonable.

In this situation, I like that @CG_Kozispoon hinted at something big for February, but I don't like that February had nothing big. If she had been more certain of those big things, that would have been good. Or if she had waited until she was more certain, that would have been good. Or if she was certain, but she knew that it really wasn't all of February, but just the last day of February, that would have been nice to know. Etc.

I think there are many ways to achieve better reveals and updates, and a few tweaks would make folks quite a bit happier. That doesn't sound like much to ask.
  • Options
    Darth Jar Jar confirmed
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I think part of the lack of communication is because Kozi seems to be away for some reason...seeing as Leviathan has been filling in for Kozi (as stated in the version update notes)

:wink:

WhFdGUM.jpg
  • Options
    I swear they released the QOL for a little while and then it went away I swear I played earlier today 2/27/18 and I was able to favorite unactivated players when entering battles I was able to search and things looked differently when I would open the stores the characters were getting shuffled in battle it was nice
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Delayed to the 28th?

It was always the 28th. Still have no idea what you were talking about.

Delayed after the 28th would make more sense. Although if that were to happen I wouldn't buy that the crashes are the reason.

We expected there to be more information before the release date so that we would be able to prepare for what is going to be happening and going on.

Why? Did you forget what game you're playing?
  • Options
    /popcorn
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Banth wrote: »
    The real question is will we be getting chewy shards for the delay?

Holdo and Rose

If they give me Rose shards I’m making a support ticket to give them back.
  • Options
    Retitled for organizational purposes.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Fair enough? I don't really pay attention to the communication between the players and devs usually in any company anyway - I was talking more about the general normality of games having delays and bugs related to updates. I more or less just expect that to be part of the ride these days.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

[ and for what it's worth I consider this to be Capital Games baby - EA is just ... there. Being ... EA. ]
This discussion has been closed.