So Zeta Finn is useless for the Sith raid...

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    zFinn should be capable of doing at least a 10% damage in one of the 4 phases, I find it pointless that he can't.

lmao, what? So you basically want the raid to be 3 fases instead of 4? (assuming guilds have atleast 10 members with zFInn)

come on man. Have you even thought about this before posting?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Mate, seriously, get back on your medication. There's at least three of these threads from you each week; not everything is a conspiracy about people who are out to get you, or make things more inconvenient for you.

Everyone is having issues with the Sith raid and having fun figuring it out; maybe you should start by reading the raid abilities.
  • Options
    With BB-8. Now you said earlier it boosts almost any squad. While that's true, you benefit most of its Illuminated Destiny under BB-8 since its resistance too.

Well given that neither one between Ackbar, CLS, Thrawn and Ventress are resistance and they can do over 30 million while Finn can't, I'd say that's irrelevant

That comes back to what I said earlier. You mentioned zFinn does less than Boba Fett with a bunch of attackers in the new Sith raid.
    That's the same way Ackbar, CLS, Thrawn, Asajj and BB-8 do more than zFinn in HAAT.
    It doesn't change the fact that zFinn is an excellent leader in HAAT. Of course, one thing which makes the above team shine is Asajj's unique which eventually allows her to OHKO all minions and cannons in P3 and P4.
  • Options
    Around 8m+ p2. Average mods. Love BB8

Yes that's right and this why most people like you don't want others to have him. So you spamm their threads with negative mesages about how we should have been smarter and farmed a completely useless faction(at the time).

Also you probably didn't farm it yourself, you probably was able to afford the mega pack

It kind of just sounds like you're upset you don't have BB8. I mean I get it, but you're being a little toxic man. We don't need more of that around here.

The guy never said anything about you not having BB8, just commented on how well he did with him.
  • Options
    I have zeta Finn myself, but I don't feel like we should be entitled to have that squad composition rule in every game mode. Zeta Finn is the absolute master in Galactic War, Territory Battles, Territory Wars and AAT raid particularly. The game evolves and some squads become better than others in certain environments.
    I'd like to come back to your phrase
    not being able to outdamage a random squad with 0 synergy like Boba lead a bunch of random attackers, is a joke
    While zFinn is ruler in AAT, it is quite ironic to know that an Ackbar (L), Thrawn, BB-8, Asajj, CLS can deal double or even triple the damage zFinn can do; yet they don't have any real synergy between them.

Well then you could say that about all squads.

I do, and I don't have any problem with that.
    There's about 140 characters, while some of them are straight up useless (think CUP, Mob Enforcer, Jedi Knight Guardian), most of them have a purpose. Yes, their best performance might be limited to the enemies they're fighting and their allies, but they will at least accomplish something. I religiously farmed most characters, so I sure hope I get to play them at least once somewhere.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the most useless toons in the game are the grouping the does the most damage in Sith RAID. I will never know caused I dont think I will get all of them to 7 star... ever...... lol
  • Options
    I have zeta Finn myself, but I don't feel like we should be entitled to have that squad composition rule in every game mode. Zeta Finn is the absolute master in Galactic War, Territory Battles, Territory Wars and AAT raid particularly. The game evolves and some squads become better than others in certain environments.
    not being able to outdamage a random squad with 0 synergy like Boba lead a bunch of random attackers, is a joke
    While zFinn is ruler in AAT, it is quite ironic to know that an Ackbar (L), Thrawn, BB-8, Asajj, CLS can deal double or even triple the damage zFinn can do; yet they don't have any real synergy between them.

There's about 140 characters, while some of them are straight up useless (think CUP, Mob Enforcer, Jedi Knight Guardian), most of them have a purpose. Yes, their best performance might be limited to the enemies they're fighting and their allies, but they will at least accomplish something. I religiously farmed most characters, so I sure hope I get to play them at least once somewhere.

Did you see that mob enforcer actually does well in p1? I'm very excited about that! Some old useless toons will finally see the light of day.
  • Options
    STRYKER667 wrote: »

Wouldn't it be ironic if the most useless toons in the game are the grouping the does the most damage in Sith RAID. I will never know caused I dont think I will get all of them to 7 star... ever...... lol

I was telling myself the same thing two years ago, but look at me now. Diligent farming and immeasurable patience for CG's shenanigans and I am almost done with Mob Enforcer. You too can do it!
    Nobody will know if said useless characters unless somebody tries them! Though, I fear my guild might excommunicate me for gearing up those characters instead of Chaze... for now.
    (Do you think Lobot would be good in that team?)
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Everyone has the right to be unsatisfied.
    Even if they dont have any legit reason.
    And BTW you can do over 590million damage with Finn. You dont even need a zeta. Just cheat.
    And then come back here and complain aboit being banned.
    That would be just as pointless as it is now.
  • Options
    STRYKER667 wrote: »

I was telling myself the same thing two years ago, but look at me now. After much diligent farming and immeasurable patience for CG's shenanigans, I am almost done with Mob Enforcer! You too can do it!
    Nobody will know for sure how good said useless characters are unless somebody tries them! Though I fear my guild would excommunicate me if I were to gear them up before Chaze... for now that is.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    zFinn should be capable of doing at least a 10% damage in one of the 4 phases, I find it pointless that he can't.

lmao, what? So you basically want the raid to be 3 fases instead of 4? (assuming guilds have atleast 10 members with zFInn)

And if the guild has 10 Reys and 10 deathtroopers you can say the same thing
  • Options
    Turasleon wrote: »

Yes that's right and this why most people like you don't want others to have him. So you spamm their threads with negative mesages about how we should have been smarter and farmed a completely useless faction(at the time).

Also you probably didn't farm it yourself, you probably was able to afford the mega pack

It kind of just sounds like you're upset you don't have BB8. I mean I get it, but you're being a little toxic man. We don't need more of that around here.

The guy never said anything about you not having BB8, just commented on how well he did with him.

There is a big difference between resistance with BB8 and resistance without BB8. It's two completely different squads and to simply claim that zFinn is capable of all that damage without mentioning that BB8 is part of it, is misleading anyone who reads this. I had a guy in one of my old guilds when BB8 first came to the game. He got FO farmed only because he was a Fo fan boy and he liked them. Of all the zFinns in the guild at the time (approximately 5-6), his was by far the worst in terms of Gear levels and potency and speed mods. Right after BB8 he was the only one who got him 7 stars, his damage went through the roof, having the worst geared and worse modded team with a gear 8 BB8 he was pulling damage in the range of 6-10 million given the learning curve and we were all unable to get even close with our superior modded and geared resistance.

Now good for him and all but you simply cannot understate that zFinn without BB8 doesn't come close to the damage he mentioned and therefore the whole arguement collapses. That's all I was trying to point out
  • Wkj312
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Wkj312 wrote: »
    I enjoy that the same teams normally don't destroy each raid. It keeps the game fresh, and gives us squads to strive to build.

Noone said destroy the raid, I made that incredibly clear during the post. But why should say Boba, the tie pilots, kylo and ezra, for example, do 1 million and finn cannot even do pull half that?

I'm not going to get into a fight of syntactical nuances and assume you know exactly what I meant. You are whining because a specific team is only okay, and you want them to be great. The 5-10% you want Zinn to be able to do would make the raid easily conquerable if one common team everyone has could quickly taking out a phase or two. This end-game content JUST came out. There is no reason it should be anything but a challenge. There will be new characters and new strategies developed to make the raid easier. But for the time being, this new content is rightfully difficult. My Zinn team still gets decent numbers, so perhaps you need better mods or gears on yours. As for your frustration with Boba and some FO toons finding success, I'm sorry you have trouble with a diverse array of toons being useful. Good luck in future raids.

Edit for typos
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Eventually there will be teams capable of 10% or more in a sigle phase. In fact there already are. If you look at my edit I mention specificaly that I'm talking about the final "farm" version after eveyone has settled and they all have their squads and they can clear it without any stress.

I also ended up saying 5-10% with "maxed gear and good mods". I don't think that's excessive. Also leave that asside, not being able to do 1 million with a zFinn is unacceptable period
  • Options
    I enjoy that the same teams normally don't destroy each raid. It keeps the game fresh, and gives us squads to strive to build.

Noone said destroy the raid, I made that incredibly clear during the post. But why should say Boba, the tie pilots, kylo and ezra, for example, do 1 million and finn cannot even do pull half that?

I'm not going to get into a fight of syntactical nuances and assume you know exactly what I meant. You are whining because a specific team is only okay, and you want them to be great. The 5-10% you want Zinn to be able to do would make the raid easily conquerable if one common team everyone has could quickly taking out a phase or two. This end-game content JUST came out. There is no reason it should be anything but a challenge. There will be new characters and new strategies developed to make the raid easier. But for the time being, this new content is rightfully difficult. My Zinn team still gets decent numbers, so perhaps you need better mods or gears on yours. As for your frustration with Boba and some FO toons finding success, I'm sorry you have trouble with a diverse array of toons being useful. Good luck in future raids.

Edit for typos

Well I clearly stated a 5-10% with maxed gear and good mods. There are already teams doing more than that and that's pre optimisation, lacking gear, optimized mods, missing zetas and during learninf curve. So those numbers will go up.

I specifically mentioned a 5-10% for the finalized, "farm" version of the raid too. We all know that the hps of the bosses are boosted and it will eventually settle to a lesser value.

Anyhow, i don't see how you managed to pull any numbers with a zFinn team, maybe your definition of "decent numbers" is far from mine. I'm open to seeing screenshots of your performance though
  • Options
    Dilly dilly
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    First no not completely useless, but no where near as useful as he has been. The stacking tenacity dies reset after a turn.

Each time a raid comes out they always design it against the tricks of the past.

Also just want to add, that even if he was more useful, most of the useful people behind him are used in a JTR .
  • Tuftedpaper85
    1811 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Not sure why op is getting as much hate as he is. A zeta squad with all characters gear 11/12 and strong synergy between them should be able to do more than 10k damage in tier 6...
  • Options

There is a big difference between resistance with BB8 and resistance without BB8. It's two completely different squads and to simply claim that zFinn is capable of all that damage without mentioning that BB8 is part of it, is misleading anyone who reads this. I had a guy in one of my old guilds when BB8 first came to the game. He got FO farmed only because he was a Fo fan boy and he liked them. Of all the zFinns in the guild at the time (approximately 5-6), his was by far the worst in terms of Gear levels and potency and speed mods. Right after BB8 he was the only one who got him 7 stars, his damage went through the roof, having the worst geared and worse modded team with a gear 8 BB8 he was pulling damage in the range of 6-10 million given the learning curve and we were all unable to get even close with our superior modded and geared resistance.

Now good for him and all but you simply cannot understate that zFinn without BB8 doesn't come close to the damage he mentioned and therefore the whole arguement collapses. That's all I was trying to point out

While I agree that bb8 makes zeta Finn a lot better, that's definitely not what your message implied. Not sure if you realize it or not, but you basically just came out swinging, and have now derailed the argument entirely.

I get that it sucks to not get characters when they launch, especially legendary ones. But thats how the game is sometimes. I'm sure a few people are kicking themselves for not having characters like death trooper right now.

But thats how the meta works in this game. Content releases, and you adapt. When the HAAT launched there were people scrambling to get characters they didn't think they would need then, too, and other characters that were great previously became obsolete (Old Ben meta, anyone?).

We just don't need more threads with people complaining about things that are within their control. Just need to adapt and move on, like all of us.
  • Options
    Not sure why op is getting as much hate as he is. A zeta squad with all characters gear 11/12 and strong synergy between them should be able to do more than 10k damage in tier 6...

Because for the past couple weeks, OP had been posting around 3 complaint threads a day, and being very toxic in general. So when she makes a good point, it goes unnoticed and just sounds like more drivel
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options

@Tuftedpaper85

A lot of it has to do with him making a post like this every week and replying twice to every reply someone makes and general whining that a lot of people who frequent the forums are tired of from him in particular
  • UdalCuain
    5014 posts Member
    Options

While I agree that bb8 makes zeta Finn a lot better, that's definitely not what your message implied. Not sure if you realize it or not, but you basically just came out swinging, and have now derailed the argument entirely.

I get that it sucks to not get characters when they launch, especially legendary ones. But thats how the game is sometimes. I'm sure a few people are kicking themselves for not having characters like death trooper right now.

But thats how the meta works in this game. Content releases, and you adapt. When the HAAT launched there were people scrambling to get characters they didn't think they would need then, too, and other characters that were great previously became obsolete (Old Ben meta, anyone?).

We just don't need more threads with people complaining about things that are within their control. Just need to adapt and move on, like all of us.

You were commenting on his reply to me, and he has thought you were talking about someone else. This whole thread is becoming a mess of quotes within quotes.

Pants, I've just done the same thing.
  • Options
    Phase 3 during topple.

Not perfect, but it works
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

1) Because not every toon with a zeta "should" be valuable in every single phase of the game.

But much more importantly...

2) Because the OP makes 1-2 threads every single day complaining about something new, and 99% of the time it's not something that needs to be fixed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UdalCuain
    5014 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

1) Because not every toon with a zeta "should" be valuable in every single phase of the game.

2) Because the OP makes 1-2 threads every single day complaining about something new, and 99% of the time it's not something that needs to be fixed.

You're about 0.999% short there.
  • Options
    I find it a bit disappointing as well now that GW is simmable and worthless in the new raid, zfinn has lost quite a bit of its luster, so now 2/3 of my first zetas are scrap (R2 being the other), thanks to the new sith meta. Guess this is my introduction to the ever changing nature of the game, but it sucks to see your hard earned zetas become blah so quickly
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

That's not fair at all. Most of the time he's not complaining about something new, it's the same thing he was complaining about the day before.
  • Options
    I find it a bit disappointing as well now that GW is simmable and worthless in the new raid, zfinn has lost quite a bit of its luster, so now 2/3 of my first zetas are scrap (R2 being the other), thanks to the new sith meta. Guess this is my introduction to the ever changing nature of the game, but it sucks to see your hard earned zetas become blah so quickly

Although I'll disagree about R2, generaly speaking you're right. A double zeta g12 team shouldn't be outdamaged by a random team of attackers from all different factions at gear 11 without a single zeta
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    I find it a bit disappointing as well now that GW is simmable

Yeah but it's not mandatory so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

That's not fair at all. Most of the time he's not complaining about something new, it's the same thing he was complaining about the day before.

Lol I actually gave him too much credit.