Character shards from Chromium Packs are not awarded correctly.

Replies

• Options
    I've opened a lot of packs and had a lot of dupes but can't say for certain if I got the visual bug or didn't get they shards. I'm not in the habit of remembering the amount of shards I have for each character unless it's one I'm currently trying to upgrade.

I did open an 8 pack today and got a character that was already 7* and didn't receive any shards for it. Was the 1st time I have had one of my 7* drop so I'm not sure if that is common as they do show extra shards on character screen.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    I've opened three 8 packs where this has happened. Got two Coruscant Police and two Genosian soldiers and two Kit Fistos and only received the unlocked characters and then nothing on the second character which should have been shards.
  • Options
    Just opened a8 X chromium pack about 12 mins ago. Already had emperial guard at 3* with 29 shards. First pull was a imperial guard giving 12 shards totaling 41 shards on the display. Then the 3rd pull was again imperial guard for 12 shards and the animation showed 29 move to 41 again. ( this is the "display issue" that had been brought up by devs). Then once I went to check empirial guards total shards it was still 41, so the second 12 shards were not received. I have opened many packs with 2 of the same character for shards I wonder how many shards I have lost?
  • Options
    Probably several - and it appears support has stopped responding to any opened tickets as I opened one several days ago and no response to this point...
  • Options
    its like CG & EA are just keeping silent & hoping no one notices.
  • ckl
    18 posts Member
    Options
    Support just told me in chat that the devs are aware of the issue and all would be restored in an update once they locate the bug. Supposedly everything is tracked and we will get a fix for this soon.

My hope is that we get all the existing issues fixed soon before they release new content
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    well that was something I was starting to wonder if things were not tracked, just gonna sit tight and if I do buy packs I'm still doing screen shots prior to opening.
  • Options
    Just wish they would reply to open tickets because it sure makes you feel like nothing is being done. I am falling behind in my pool because I don't want to run the risk of losing out on more shards than I already have..
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    it's an improvement over the previous prompt closer with no communication that was the norm. Not much as there still isn't any communication? but a slight improvement at any rate?
  • Options
    You can see they are updated, but they don't reply which is just weird...
  • Options
    What I want to know is exactly where I should be sending in a ticket re 8 chromium pack purchase issues?
    When I go to settings and contact us none of the tech support options that they give me apply?
    Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    I put mine in as missing content...
  • Options
    I knew it!! I had the same problem! I just thought I was wrong when I went to promote the character.

This is so frustrating.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse can we get some sort of official reply on this? There are a bunch of users who would like to know what is going on, if we can expect some sort of reimbursement of the shards and what is planning to be done.

• Options
    It's more like anybody who has ever played this game would like an official response, because even if we are F2P (which I'm not really) players we still open packs with our crystals we recoeve through other means. This means every single player in this game is a victim to this bug and I think needs immediate response and fixing to stop another giant stuff up!
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    They are still in denial and consider it only as a display bug, as is made clear by posts on other threads.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    Experiencing the same still. Just bought a pack that gave 12 (2x) shards for Asohka and it didn't move past 29/30 at the second opening of shards. Extremely frustrating and pretty game breaking. Didn't pay to lose out on a product.
  • Options
    I've lost so many shards from this. I'm not spending anymore money on chromium packs until it's fixed and I'm rewarded my shards. I've spoken to customer support on the phone several times and submitted several tickets with zero response or help.
  • Options
    There's no way I can prove it, but I've lost tie fighter shards also. There were a couple other times I think I got screwed, but didn't think to check to make sure I got the shards until it was too late
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

This is still being actively pursued to try and find out what's going on. It isn't something that's easy to reproduce, we've definitely been trying but have yet to see it ourselves.

I was doing some digging trying to pull as much information about this as I could when I came across this from another player here on the forums:
    Razz_Nomar wrote: »
    After seeing this post something similar happened to me. However for me it was only a visual bug. The reward stated i received 12 royal guard shards, the total for royal guard didnt move but then i noticed i had 12 extra shards for captain phasma. A similar thing also happened with clone trooper shards but my character page has updated total on bariss offee instead

This has me wondering, maybe the shards aren't disappearing, but are instead just going to another character that didn't show up on your chromium pack pull? I'm not saying this is happening, it's just a theory. So keep this in mind and check your other characters for increased shards if you think you are missing some after opening an 8x pack.

We're going to keep investigating on our end, but in the meantime we could use some help from all of you.

1) Post videos if you have them for these instances of missing shards. Screenshots work too, but video is definitely the best.
    2) Keep an eye on how the totals are adding up when you open an 8x pack. For example, if you get 12 Leia shards twice in a pack, ensure it shows 24/25 total when receiving the shards, not 12/25 since you received 12 shards twice. If this happens definitely take some screenshots and post them here.
    3) If you did or do run into this issue please send me your ally code so that our team can take a look at your account.

Thanks!
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    [img][/img]1P2hOWm.png

This is the final response I received after waiting weeks to get something and then jumping through hoops to verify my purchases. They acknowledge the problem, but have no way to fix it or compensate players for losing what they have spent their money on. The answer is to come to the forums...
  • Options
    its like CG & EA are just keeping silent & hoping no one notices.

Here's the thing though, prior to the Star Wars game, CG's customer service has been stellar. I have played Heroes of Dragon Age for over a year and, even though there have been major issues over that time, customer service always promptly responded and took care of you in ways you never expected. Complete, total, and drastic change here.
  • Options
    Thanks for responding, Jesse.

I appreciate them trying to work out the glitch, but they should also address the general weakness of the shards awarded on the megapack. I posted this elsewhere, but will paste it here as an example:

This are the shards I received from an 8-pack purchase I had recently:
    12 Jedi knight guardian (will not use)
    24 Ururuururruururururrr (you need 80 to unlock)
    12 Asajj Ventress (meh)
    10 Grand Moff Tarkin (only 70 more to go to unlock this old raisin!)
    12 Ewok Scout (I got him at the beginning of the game and have not / will not promote him). Seriously, screw Ewoks.
    15 Coruscant Underworld Police (unlocked character, but I will not promote him)
    Then there are supposed to be 2 new character drops. This is what I got:
    7 shards of Jedi Consular (it said because I already had the character, it just gave me bonus shards. But only 7, really?!)
    25 shards of Cad Bane. (Again, already had him, so these are bonus shards.)

These packs should be designed to give 2 absolute new characters for the money ($20 gives you enough crystals to buy an 8 pack). I understand there is a randomness to it, and to give everyone great characters all the time would whitewash the game. However, there should be more bang for the buck.

Thanks for letting me vent.
  • Chriseybear
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

This is still being actively pursued to try and find out what's going on. It isn't something that's easy to reproduce, we've definitely been trying but have yet to see it ourselves. ...

Sorry, what? It's not easy to reproduce, reallyyyyy? I've only bought 3 sets of "4x Chromium Cards" packs, and each one had a duplicate character shard set in where I only received 12 instead of 24 after it was over. Seriously it's hard to reproduce? How about you actually play on a public client and purchase crystals and then data packs and see for yourself ffs.

No worries though, I reported my in app purchases to Apple via iTunes account transactions and explained, then directed them to this thread. Although in app purchases are at your own risk and not covered, once they seen what is actually happening that EA / CG aren't bothering to fix this "bug" they gave me a full refund for each microtransaction that this game decided to eat up for a few shards. That and my 7 day crystal pack lasted 3 days. Seriously what a farce of a service you provide.

Ps. The obvious solution is to make the single chromium cards cost the same amount as the multipack individual card so they work out at the same, we can purchase single chromium cards Instead of multipacks and not get screwed over by you because you can't be bothered to fix the bug / actually find what's wrong.
  • Options
    Here's what's completely crazy to me.

They say the results are not easy to produce, yet they won't say how they are testing it? Are they going on the public client, and spending money like Chriseybear said.

Their theory is that the shards are going to other random characters, yet they provide no evidence of this, nor context for again is this on the actual public client?!

They want us to screenshot this and take video? Why would we spend money we know we get less value out of, and have no way of knowing if we will be refunded for doing their job for them?

That's like saying,

"Hey EA/CG your son keeps peeing on me in my sleep! Look at my bed, it's soaked."

"Oh, okay customer. Go back to sleep and set up a camera in your bedroom so we can see our son peeing on you."

"Umm, then what happens?"

[silence]

Since this has happened to me several times, and I clearly won't be compensated, the last thing I will ever do in this game is purchase another Chromium pack.
  • SiriTa
    43 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have had this happen, and am currently dealing with email support to get compensated.

I was 15 shards away from 100 to 7* Luminara before opening a pack. I was so excited that I got one set of shards and one full character for her, which would have put me well over the amount I needed. When I checked her after, she only had 97 - I did not get credited for the second pull.

I've spent a lot of money in this game and am scared to think of how often this has happened without my knowledge.
  • Options
    Hey @EA_Jesse,

You guys need to take the advice from other posters to reduce the cost of a single pack to reflect the 8x discount and prevent any other people from potentially facing this issue. How has this not been done yet? It really is starting to make EA and CG look bad that this is a known potential issue, yet you guys/gals are freely collecting money from players.

There have been people posting here and on reddit raging about this issue and getting refunds from Apple/Google and both companies are being directed to these threads.

You mention that it hasn't been replicated (not that you should/would mention if you could for business reasons) but there have been screenshots posted and submitted to you guys, this is clearly happening. I would love to just throw more money at you guys to test this out, but why should anyone spend money on this game to do the testing for you?

Please raise this issue up the chain and get something done, at least prevent 4x and 8x packs from being bought at this point.

PLEASE NOTE: It is appreciated that you are communicating with the public and I do fully believe you are working on this issue. None of this is directed at you personally.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Im sorry, but after all the time passed and all the money spent, you guys really still believe that EA/CG gives a **** about your problems? Or they just keep collecting money and more money every day for the same bugged product? lol funny
  • Options
    Otar wrote: »
    Im sorry, but after all the time passed and all the money spent, you guys really still believe that EA/CG gives a **** about your problems? Or they just keep collecting money and more money every day for the same bugged product? lol funny

I am sure they do, because upsetting players (especially over money) will hurt the game in the short term and long term.

There is always red tape and probably a lot of going back and forth between EA and CG which slows a resolution down. I have no doubt the problem will be sorted out eventually, although I am frustrated that short term damage control has been very near sighted.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Otar wrote: »

I am sure they do, because upsetting players (especially over money) will hurt the game in the short term and long term.

There is always red tape and probably a lot of going back and forth between EA and CG which slows a resolution down. I have no doubt the problem will be sorted out eventually, although I am frustrated that short term damage control has been very near sighted.

Any other product other then a virtual product, the manufacturer have rules, warranty, recall's and won't get away with the same support/bugs/errors and problems this game have... That's all im saying! Virtual products don't have rules, don't have a way for you to confirm what you are paying for and don't make sense!