Upcoming Sith Triumvirate Raid Changes: 3/12 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Aplus wrote: »
    50% reduction is a pretty huge hit... I myself don’t really have rey, and I have actually never seen anyone complain about jtr in raids before the nerf.

All we did was complain about jtr being the ONLY VIABLE TEAM in the new sith raid, NOT that she is OP NEEDS NERF. If you close a door, you need to leave a window OPEN.

Lower the tenacity, increase viability of other squads! We don’t like chipping away a brick wall! 100 million health nihilus -5% still has 95 million!

Can’t land dots, cant slow, fracture gives more tm and speed than it actually takes away, nothing sticks, nihilus regain protection, special ability does next to nothing...

The problem with the raid is it’s LONG and DRAGGED OUT and makes so many teams UNVIABLE. If you take away 50% expose, then at least take away 25% of nihilus health, make the buffs 50% shorter cooldown in p1 p2, 100%—> 300% bonus in p3/4, lower protection regain by nihilus, drop that ridiculous tenacity and tell us just ONE squad that is currently viable except jtr!

The raid is supposed to be hard! Everyone was calling the AAT raid unbeatable when it came out, and in a few months there will already by solo teams, so just chill out. They have been working on this raid for over a year, and it's not SUPPOSED to be easily beatable less than a month since it came out! ARE YOU EVEN SERIOUS??? YOU'RE COMPLAINING THAT THE RAID IS UNBEATABLE LESS THAN A MONTH SINCE IT CAME OUT??? Also, the nerf to Rey is ONLY on the raids. You probably didn't even read the entire post.
    I AM the High Ground
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I think you need to reduce tge health pool by more than 5%, but otherwise I’m okay with all this.

Actually, the most ideal would have been 25%
    That is the point where we doesnt lose from damage amount in %.
    Anything below alters the damage..

5% was the worst case scenario guess for many of us.
    ... And they did <1%
    Genius.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    tanki60o wrote: »
    50% reduction is a pretty huge hit... I myself don’t really have rey, and I have actually never seen anyone complain about jtr in raids before the nerf.

All we did was complain about jtr being the ONLY VIABLE TEAM in the new sith raid, NOT that she is OP NEEDS NERF. If you close a door, you need to leave a window OPEN.

Lower the tenacity, increase viability of other squads! We don’t like chipping away a brick wall! 100 million health nihilus -5% still has 95 million!

Can’t land dots, cant slow, fracture gives more tm and speed than it actually takes away, nothing sticks, nihilus regain protection, special ability does next to nothing...

The problem with the raid is it’s LONG and DRAGGED OUT and makes so many teams UNVIABLE. If you take away 50% expose, then at least take away 25% of nihilus health, make the buffs 50% shorter cooldown in p1 p2, 100%—> 300% bonus in p3/4, lower protection regain by nihilus, drop that ridiculous tenacity and tell us just ONE squad that is currently viable except jtr!

The raid is supposed to be hard! Everyone was calling the AAT raid unbeatable when it came out, and in a few months there will already by solo teams, so just chill out. They have been working on this raid for over a year, and it's not SUPPOSED to be easily beatable less than a month since it came out! ARE YOU EVEN SERIOUS??? YOU'RE COMPLAINING THAT THE RAID IS UNBEATABLE LESS THAN A MONTH SINCE IT CAME OUT??? Also, the nerf to Rey is ONLY on the raids. You probably didn't even read the entire post.

I think the biggest issue isn’t it’s difficulty level as much as it’s a snooze fest. Make it challenging and not boring, people won’t complain as much. But extremely challenging AND extremely boring is a terrible combination
  • Options
    tanki60o wrote: »

Oh my, hold my beer....

No one, and I do mean NO ONE, wants a beatable Raid in less than a month. What we do want, however, is a playable Raid.
  • Scabmaggot
    62 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs
    #1 compliant i see in forums is that raids reward useless gear (that stll no one has ever responded to on challenge gear) quick fix bring back the sell feature on gear if you can do it on mods why not gear.
    Now my rant
    Why is it everytime you do a QOL update it makes the game longer territory wars needs to go just like tournaments did trying to get 50 people on the same page in different time zones is to much of a hassle for what a couple zetas.
    Sith raid agreed you don't need a toon that exploits it but you need to make it playable it's like you cared about the animation more then the game play i used to like to get home from work and do my battles try to upgrade some toons before anyone else got home but now i have come back and check did this person do this did we get past this part so i can play again just not fun anymore and if you decide not to be in a guild and just do your own thing you can't get anywhere in the game all your doing is sucking the fun out of what used to be a great game
  • Options
    EA/CG be like

I'm sorry you feel that way Darkstar. We have read and are reading the feedback and threads
    DaScott wrote: »
    Erm, devs, why not just put a flat damage cap on % damage abilities instead and solve the problem forever?

Oh, you are having problems deciding on what that cap number should be? Set the cap no lower than the damage it does in HAAT. That way you are using a baseline that has been around for a long while, and only changing the value of % damage abilities on future content.

Or even simpler, only make the change on a per-raid basis so you aren't mucking up performance on legacy raids.

Also you forgot deathmark, dots, and detonators.

If we affected abilities across the board, then it would affect Arena, TB and TW which aren't a problem.

The per Raid basis was an option but is resource cost prohibitive. We went over many options before resolving to this one. Thank you again for supporting and taking the time for feedback!

RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    I just saw a billygoat cross the road!
  • Options
    SithAmer wrote: »
    Thoughts of a sucker for stars wars:

1) nerfing ST Han - OK (PS: why was he the monthly login toon again?)
    2) Reducing damage on expose - OK PROVIDED you improve the 70+ useless toons in the game
    3) Disproportionately useless sith (and other) raid rewards given the time & effort involved - NOT OK (PS: I have stopped participating in Sith raid - too boring and time consuming even at tier 4-5)
    4) JTR - Not following release cadence - NOT OK (plus both 16 energy nodes for Vets - Both!!)
    5) BB8 and JTR events running concurrently - you gotta be kidding me!!
    6) Are carbantis like air and water in this game (how come EVERY toon needs them??)
    7) Multi bronzium pulls - Seriously, how difficult can it be for the developers to add this feature after more than a year of the community demanding it (for ****'s sake!!!!!)
    8) Mod store - are they enticing us to spend credits on 5 dot mods so that they increase level cap and introduce 7 dot mods after a few weeks (you betcha!!!)

Heya SithAmer,

I'll try my best, at answering what I can. All responses are meant with sincere appreciation, for our players and community. Brevity is not intended to mean dismissiveness, I simply have lots of players to respond to.

Thank you for understanding!

1. OK, and yes he was, it was not intended to exacerbate the ST Han issue, but obviously it did. We understand.
    2. Our testing does not render any units useless at this point. Please let us know after the update what your thoughts are.
    3. Sith Raid is definitely one of the hardest challenges we've put in the game. We understand it will take time to familiarize, like DSTB and LSTB before it. Some players strive for challenges and others do not. This was the primary reason we put Tiers in the Raid so players could choose their challenge level. We hope you find one interesting to you!
    4. Feedback noted, I'll convey it.
    5. Unfortunately, we're not kidding. It is a busy month for sure.
    6. I think you're asking rhetorically, but agreed, they are needed by quite a few Units Gear sets.
    7. Feedback noted, I'll convey it. Note, our priority of features and fixes aren't always dictated by the Forums, as we have many pressures and priorities to meet. However, these forums and our passionate dedicated community are certainly a primary source for said feedback. It is always greatly appreciated!
    8. We haven't made any announcements as such, but we do understand players enjoy speculation on this game they love so much!

Again, I'm sorry I can't answer every question, but I hope the transparency I can provide is appreciated.

RT
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    EA/CG be like

I'm sorry you feel that way Darkstar. We have read and are reading the feedback and threads
    Erm, devs, why not just put a flat damage cap on % damage abilities instead and solve the problem forever?

Oh, you are having problems deciding on what that cap number should be? Set the cap no lower than the damage it does in HAAT. That way you are using a baseline that has been around for a long while, and only changing the value of % damage abilities on future content.

Or even simpler, only make the change on a per-raid basis so you aren't mucking up performance on legacy raids.

If we affected abilities across the board, then it would affect Arena, TB and TW which aren't a problem.

The per Raid basis was an option but is resource cost prohibitive. We went over many options before resolving to this one. Thank you again for supporting and taking the time for feedback!

RT

How about you answer posts like nikarahs? Or do those make yo much sense?
  • Options

2) Reducing damage on expose - OK PROVIDED you improve the 70+ useless toons in the game
    3) Disproportionately useless sith (and other) raid rewards given the time & effort involved - NOT OK (PS: I have stopped participating in Sith raid - too boring and time consuming even at tier 4-5)
    4) JTR - Not following release cadence - NOT OK (plus both 16 energy nodes for Vets - Both!!)
    6) Are carbantis like air and water in this game (how come EVERY toon needs them??)
    7) Multi bronzium pulls - Seriously, how difficult can it be for the developers to add this feature after more than a year of the community demanding it (for ****'s sake!!!!!)
    8) Mod store - are they enticing us to spend credits on 5 dot mods so that they increase level cap and introduce 7 dot mods after a few weeks (you betcha!!!)

Heya SithAmer,

I'll try my best, at answering what I can. All responses are meant with sincere appreciation, for our players and community. Brevity is not intended to mean dismissiveness, I simply have lots of players to respond to.

1. OK, and yes he was, it was not intended to exacerbate the ST Han issue, but obviously it did. We understand.
    2. Our testing does not render any units useless at this point. Please let us know after the update what your thoughts are.
    3. Sith Raid is definitely one of the hardest challenges we've put in the game. We understand it will take time to familiarize, like DSTB and LSTB before it. Some players strive for challenges and others do not. This was the primary reason we put Tiers in the Raid so players could choose their challenge level. We hope you find one interesting to you!
    6. I think you're asking rhetorically, but agreed, they are needed by quite a few Units Gear sets.
    7. Feedback noted, I'll convey it. Note, our priority of features and fixes aren't always dictated by the Forums, as we have many pressures and priorities to meet. However, these forums and our passionate dedicated community are certainly a primary source for said feedback. It is always greatly appreciated!
    8. We haven't made any announcements as such, but we do understand players enjoy speculation on this game they love so much!

Again, I'm sorry I can't answer every question, but I hope the transparency I can provide is appreciated.

RT

I read most of this thread (sad I know) and I have to say you're not doing a bad job dude. It's obvious we're waiting on a power creep, new toons to buy and more powerful mods. I feel like you are saying this without saying it. The raid is ridiculous as it stands. I love it... Because I want to love it. I can't say it's fun and that's a bummer.
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Themy
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Actually, some of the more "math inclined" people in our guild ran the numbers, and it's not really that bad. They've estimated that JTRey teams will do about 20-25% less damage with the change to expose. While that is significant, you won't need twice as many.
    @Themy

Actually, some of the more "math inclined" people in our guild ran the numbers, and it's not really that bad. They've estimated that JTRey teams will do about 20-25% less damage with the change to expose. While that is significant, you won't need twice as many.

25-35% in heroic 40% in t6, less of a nerf only if you buy zVi$as. Those math guys don’t know how to math or their data is incorrect.

Real reason for the nerf was to make more people buy visas.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Themy wrote: »
    @Themy

@Themy

25-35% in heroic 40% in t6, less of a nerf only if you buy zVi$as. Those math guys don’t know how to math or their data is incorrect.

Real reason for the nerf was to make more people buy visas.

She is currently bugged, so she is a slightly ineffective healer, so no that's not really going to dive up her sales.

As I said, please post your calculations, I have not seen anyone saying 50% overall damage reduction besides you.
  • Options
    EA/CG be like

RT

So those are the only comments you care to address? Nothing about the raid itself, other bugs or (god forbid) the meaningless raid gear?

You say you are listening and reading through the comments, but it really feels like you aren't.

Take note that I am not accusing you personally @CG_RyDiggs, I just get the feeling that this new communication policy is poorly conceived. What you seem to be doing is declaring your intentions regardless of our thoughts and feelings concerning changes. What you should be doing is not just listen to us, but actually show us with your actions.

That last bit seems to be missing. We know we're being listened to when you react to what we've said. We don't feel like you're listening to us when you merely state that you're doing so.

Final note that is indeed a reiteration of what I and many others have said countless times before. Challenge gear is stifling our progress to such an extent that many of us feel it is making the game less fun. It's not like we can run all raids on a daily basis so removing it shouldn't be akin to pulling teeth.
  • Options

2. Our testing does not render any units useless at this point.

RT

This wouldn't be the same testing that missed a very obvious loop, or missed the best raid toon, would it?

• Options
    @CG_RyDiggs

I apologize if this has been asked already, but 10 pages of responses was a lot to go through. How will the update affect Raids that have already been launched? Will the changes take affect in the raid my guild is currently in, or will they not take affect until the next raid is launched?

Re: Responses, I totally agree, and am working with players to do the most/best I can :)

Re: Raid effects: I don't have the exact details as there are a few different conditions. I'll work to get those in the update notes!

Thank you for the questions!

RT
  • Options
    i dont think the Devs have the same definition of worthless as we as the actual players do. When we work something like DS TB to get the reward character like IPD and then go to use him in a raid only to see his zeta ability resisted and his special ability do nothing to the raid boss.....that character IS worthless in the raid. Does is have "worth" in other areas....sure. But for the raid it is pointless.

The issue is there are too many characters that have no use in the Sith Raid because of the mechanics of the raid and now you take the 2 most useful characters, JTH STH, and bring them back a little closer to the worthless masses instead of making more character viable. As a player a full team of 5 doing less than 100k damage due to stacking tenacity is a worthless team. The devs say 2 characters are doing too much. Well we can show you 10 times that number of full teams that do nothing.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs

Slightly off-topic, and I doubt I'll get a satisfactory answer--or one at all--but I've got to ask: is the return of BB-8 and JTR, at the same time, an indication of a new event cadance with droids/journey's characters tied together in the schedule? In the established cadance BB-8 is late, and JTR is quite early (a lot of people were going off the days between CLS events, or weren't expecting it until the BB-8 after this), and should we plan accordingly for future events (like R2-D2 and CLS together at the end of the month)?
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs. That's it? 1200 posts in the other thread and over 300 here, and, you comment on 3? Come on, you gotta do better than that. If people continue being treated poorly and without any respect eventually things go badly.
  • Options
    There is nothing about deathmark. Actually it does a similar amount of damage than expose. Is deathmark damage cut by half too or it is the same ? Only deathtrooper can actually apply it....
  • Options
    I don't mind any adjustments on any raids, but please adjust the rewards based on the time it takes to get it done. Taking 4 times more on Sith raid than on AAT raid should give more rewards for the time spent. Same if running a lower Tier Sith raid with same time that AAT raid should give equal reward. It's really hard to motivate our members on the raid just to receive crap.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    I should also say it feels a little frustrating when we waited 6 months for CLS to return but Rey comes back after 2 1/2 months like a thief in the night to steal our dreams of getting her on return when we thought we had more time haha....

CLS was 4 months, Rey was 3 months.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options

Heya SithAmer,

RT

Thank you for the response.

Hope you guys take all the constructive and well intended feedback from the community and improve the game.
  • Options
    While I hate the expose change, they have not said anything to my knowledge about changing thermals. Those should still work. And the update hasn’t gone into effect yet, so saying they have been nerfed based on experience is a little silly given nothing has changed.
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @SithAmer - are you happy with those glancing, downright condescending answers that don't really address the main points in ANY of your original points raised? I mean, you don't have to be a linguistics professor to see that there was not one proper direct answer in there... :open_mouth:
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs - What is currently in the works to make the raid fun & rewarding for non-whale guilds, <120m GP? I'm in a guild that used to be 97m gp and this raid has already caused 2 guild members to quit the game. It's frustrating to lose teammates and go back a step in terms of gp, to spend 4+ days on a t5 raid and get 8 usable pieces of salvage for rank 20, and to be told we need to come up with new teams when the raid is clearly designed to only work for 1-2 different team comps per phase. Personally I love the idea of the raid and most of the mechanics but it's been such a grind fest for almost no reward that I'm at the point where I'm either going to ignore the raid or just quit the game, although I'm for sure gonna stick it out to see if things get better.
  • Options
    It would be to make it more easy to get the chars which are with good chances in this Raid. I'm talking especially of the Deathtrooper, which is really useful but extrem difficult to farm..
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options

RT

2. You are circumventing what the OP of that comment was talking about. What he meant was "Expose nerf would be okay with us if you made a legion of other characters more viable in the raid".

7. I think it would go a looooong way to building some goodwill with the players if CG was willing to take up some of the issues that players have most commonly gotten aggravated about, and have been aggravated about for a very long time. This includes things like:

Ultra-common challenge gear that is in low demand dropping as raid rewards
    Immediate introduction of P2P toons in platoons, causing guilds to backslide on their completion
    Unnecessarily opaque scheduling on event returns and character release cadences

We understand you aren't the king, and can't just make decisions without others being involved. Some of these are issues we have historically gotten circuitous answers about. Challenge gear for example -- we know that there *are* theoretically players that might not have enough M8 Electrobinocular Salvage - but I have 3,451 and when I get these out of a raid I just mutter under my breath in irritation. These counts (gear I have mountains of) are a function of uptake rates against usage rates. If CG removed these (and similar pieces) from the raid rewards pool it would make a lot of people pretty happy, and we're confident that if doing so really *would* cause a shortfall for players farther down on the totem pole, you could easily find a way to correct for that.

However, when we're told "Somebody needs that gear!", it's really just pretty insulting considering how most of us players are intimately familiar with the gear uptake rates in the game.

But many of these common complaints have gone largely or completely ignored for a long time. There's no discussion of these things, no acknowledgement of them. Even something as simple as this would go a long way: "We've decided to take a look at challenge gear in raids and discuss internally how we can make this component of the game less aggravating for players. We're not sure how we'll address this just yet, but players are welcome to provide suggestions."

Fixing that discussion problem would dramatically improve the health of the community and the playerbase's relationship with the developers of the game. Us players want to feel like the development team makes our minute-to-minute enjoyment of the game a priority. We know you need to encourage spending -- we know that. We just want to see you fighting to make the game more enjoyable as well.

A lot of us here have been with the game a long time - and it's not that we don't like the game, it's that we do like the game. But for about a year now, every major update, every major new feature, always seems to go alongside something really infuriating that takes the excitement out of it -- in fact, we've started to expect that every shiny thing will come with something that is either accidentally, or even deliberately, unacceptable.

I can see that you are trying to engage with us, and that's a big improvement compared to a couple weeks ago - but really engage with us and this will all get so much easier. Push the team to really consider removing the most frustrating and upsetting parts of the game and come up with better and more creative solutions to the things holding them back from making changes.
  • Options
    Thirteen pages, still nothing back on poor Raid rewards?
    Yet again... if rewards were worth it, the rest would follow. You could ADD 5% life to the raid - but if there was a payoff, if it was worth it, people would do it.
    I'm not saying no one would complain, I've been on this board long enough - I KNOW. But if it was a worthy time investment you'd also have your supporters, you know, supporting the game and also having a leg to stand on.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice