[Feedback] JTR back w/ BB8 [MERGE]

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I never come on here and complain but dropping this so soon is a bush league move. I have been farming vets hard and have them both 6 stars plus. But now to get them seven stars in ten days I would need to spend. If you are using nearly all your crystals, as I have since December, on up to three refreshes, it makes it basically your focus for months. Having it come back early (87 days) is pretty discouraging.

IMO - we should have had a little more time between events and had bb8 before rather then concurrent. Add that to the fact that I am already annoyed with the expose nerf that makes a very boring smash fest raid even longer and I think there is good cause to be annoyed if you have been spending all your resources for months trying to get jtr.

Please stop. You have not been "farming vets hard". I've been farming them hard since I knew I was going to miss JTRey the first time around. Mine are at 7* each - and have been for weeks. I've gotten Sass to 7* and Sith Trooper is almost to 6* too - that's how long I've had the vets at 7*.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I can understand people being annoyed at Rey (Jedi Training) and expose receiving a raid nerf but it seems silly being upset at Rey coming back early. Means we can get through the Sith raid faster, provided you've been farming the veterans.

It's not about her coming back early, it's about CG giving us notice two days in advance. Two. Freaking. Days. That's not even enough time to panic farm. This is a new low, what will be next? Releasing once-in-a-blue-moon events with no early notice whatsoever?

Stop being hyperbolic. Short notice and panic farm? WAI - and as it always has. C'mon man, you've been here as long as I have. Stop acting like you don't know better.

I have been through my share of panic farms too. My point is, we can't even do that on such a short notice. Never before have we had so little time between an announcement and the event itself.

You've had 3 months notice. You knew what the requirements were when the event dropped the first time.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    How easy for you to dismiss 50% of the player base.

(That's what the average means; half above, half below. So if you scoff at someone with below average drop rate, you are scoffing at half of all the players. That doesn't seem very nice of you.)

Sorry to interrupt the whining, but that’s actually not what average means. It’s a comman mistake made by people who don’t understand the difference between median and mean (aka average).

If the MEDIAN were a 0.3 drop rate, then 50% of players would be above that value, and 50% below.

However, the MEAN says nothing about percentage of values above or below its value. For instance, a set of 30 drop rates, 29 of which are 0.31 and one is 0.01 average out to 0.3 ((29*0.31 + 0.01)/30 = 0.3). It’s unlikely and unlucky to be that 0.01, but clearly more than half the values were above the average.

Regardless, sample sizes people are talking about (100-500) are generally not considered large enough to be an accurate representation of a statistical average. Sample sizes more along the lines of 10,000 or more are necessary before the data drawn from it can be seen as accurate.

Anyway, just wanted to throw in a quick statistics lesson. You can now return to your regularly scheduled bellyaching and complaining.
  • Options
    I love how everyone is **** because they didn't farm the Vets when the first specifications for the JTR event came out. You've known since early December. You should have been preparing then.

Heck, I had a couple members of my guild jump on the rumors in September last year that Vets would be needed at 7* and started farming then. F2P players, not whales.

The crying on here is abhorrent. I don't know how the devs curate most of this garbage without pulling their hair, teeth and toenails out. That would be an easier torture than 3/4s of the drivel the community posts on here.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    STH as the monthly login! - NERFED
    JTR event returns! - NERFED
    $300 Visas Marr's opportunity to shine in the raid with those juicy swarm attacks! - NERFED

You whales better hope they don't release any new P2P characters this month if you know what's good for you your wallet.
  • Options
    Since JTR came out, I managed to farm FO and the JTR team and gear them all to 8, and Kylo to 11. I didn't really have any of them before. It was very possible, as long as you didn't waste energy farming others. Honestly, FOST took longer to farm than Han or Chewie. I didn't even do 3 cantina refreshes a day.

The biggest problem I have though is that I spent all my mk3 ability mats on all these characters, and didn't even get them all up to level 7 abilities. Rey is stuck at 3s and 4s, and I haven't even unlocked BB8 yet. So while I'll technically qualify to run the JTR event, it's gonna be pretty tough with low level abilities. This is something I'd normally be willing to drop a few bucks on, but they removed the ability mats from the store. Ugh.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I can understand people being annoyed at Rey (Jedi Training) and expose receiving a raid nerf but it seems silly being upset at Rey coming back early. Means we can get through the Sith raid faster, provided you've been farming the veterans.

It's not about her coming back early, it's about CG giving us notice two days in advance. Two. Freaking. Days. That's not even enough time to panic farm. This is a new low, what will be next? Releasing once-in-a-blue-moon events with no early notice whatsoever?

Stop being hyperbolic. Short notice and panic farm? WAI - and as it always has. C'mon man, you've been here as long as I have. Stop acting like you don't know better.

I have been through my share of panic farms too. My point is, we can't even do that on such a short notice. Never before have we had so little time between an announcement and the event itself.

You've had 3 months notice. You knew what the requirements were when the event dropped the first time.

Yeah, everything looks simple if you conveniently forget parts that don't fit, such as what came in between, speculations about a Sith legendary and so on. I might still make it if I go all in and maybe throw in some cash too, but I am far less inclined to do that after such a kitten move from their part.
  • Options
    While farming Vet Han I used 3x refresh per day. Some days I'd get 1 shard, other days 15, but mostly 6 to 8 per day. I literally used EVERY bit of energy on Vet Han starting immediately after Rey event. He was up to 10/65(slightly farmed for Rey 1st time then gave up) by the time I actually focused on him at that point. Once I got within 25 shards from 100 on 7*, I used "natural Cantina energy" on Vet Han and started using my 3x refreshes daily on Vet Chewie. I finished Han in early February, though stopped spending refreshes on him in January. I quite literally just finished Chewie 5 days ago. I took a one day deviation to farm KRU then got back to it. I've sacrificed CHS, KRU and Thrawn because I prioritized the Vets. I still don't have Finn 7* but that's happening today or tomorrow.

My actual initial goal was to get both Vets to 75/100 and buy the pack that gives you 25 of each, but the farming strategy worked out because I didn't deviate from it except a single day for Kylo. I barely got it done, but even with bad Cantina drops, it was possible. Sometimes 1 out of 15 sims or 2 out of 20. Never better than the rare 6 out of 15. Improbable, but not impossible.

I do agree that there should be a space between BB8 and Rey of at least a few days. I was expecting bb8 with The Last Jedi and Rey on May 4th...but prepared just in case for March 14-27.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    This is life for F2P. Even if you were P2P you would not be ready for everything unless you mindlessly spent money on everything because you either have so much money that you do not care or spend so much money that you ruin your life or spend much money because you do not have any other utility for it or spend money via credit card numbers you got from a mysterious guy.

But why do I even say something. This game would be much better if no one funded it and Kyno said, guys who spend money get so much and have so many advantages that they literally beat everyone PVP/PVE at the first attempt every time and get crystals and tokens and all the good things ... if you spend money everything is coming to you, just raise a finger. No problem. I wish I had such a broad perspective on the game.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Sumbu wrote: »
    FO = Energyfarm
    Vets = Cantinafarm

Unless you want KRU as your leader. And seeing as the drop rate in his node is seemingly 60% for both him and his ship it was a very worthwhile farm, if Rey hadn't come back for another month.
  • Options
    I got JTR the first time around (by guessing ahead of time that the vets would be required and spending my arena winnings on pre-farming them from shipments), so I'm not personally upset about the short notice here, but just from a business point of view, it seems like a poor move to give such little notice. Most of my guild who don't have her and got distracted from the vet farm just said, "oh well, no time to panic farm the rest anyway" and so aren't doing it. But then CG has the numbers on how many people have the Vets farmed or are close enough, and they probably have models for figuring out how much this will bring in, so maybe they know more than I do. Or maybe they are just trying to buff the revenue numbers before the end of the quarter and this is the best tool they have. (If that's the case, we're seeing the beginning of the end of this game...)

My extra-cynical thought is that they decided to rush JTR back out because right now she's getting huge numbers in the raid, but when they nerf expose that'll drop waaaay down, and no one will even care to acquire her, so they've got to push hard for it now before they release the raid fix.

My extra sympathetic thought is that CG is so out of touch that they think this is actually a nice thing since everyone's whining about the raid difficulty (newsflash: new endgame content is supposed to be just out of reach... you'd be disappointed if you heroic sith raid were easy for most guilds). But whoever made this call doesn't realize that the expose nerf is going to make people even more upset.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ephran wrote: »
    FO = Energyfarm
    Vets = Cantinafarm

Unless you want KRU as your leader. And seeing as the drop rate in his node is seemingly 60% for both him and his ship it was a very worthwhile farm, if Rey hadn't come back for another month.

Stay-on-Target-Stay-on-Target-One-Handy-Tip-to-Help-You-Focus-on-Your-Chosen-Task.gif

• Options
    Great. I've been working months on trying to finalize my FO squad for BB-8. I might be able to get KRU at 7* before it is all done, but I'm doubting I can get either FOTP or FOST at 7* by the time the event is done due to low drop rates. Because I've been exclusively farming KRU, I don't have Vet Han, Vet Chewie, or Finn at 7*s and won't. Yeah, I know, I'm supposed to pay a $1000 or so to get them going. Not happening.
  • Dagon
    105 posts Member
    Options
    Jxm82 wrote: »
    Buffbeardo wrote: »

I boo your post! The established business practice is 6 months.

What the heck does "established business practice" mean?
    First time Luke hero journey announced - May 2017.
    First time Luke was available - August 2017.
    Second time Luke was available - Dec. 2017.

Where in any of that is the 6-month established business practice, whatever the heck that is?

People said the same about EP, i guess math is hard.

+1

• Options
    Well, I do need to finish Vet chewie still - I'm at 10/100 - I can probably do it the hard way by the end, I'm sure.

If CG wanted to give me the out and SPLIT UP a pack for Chewie and Han..... you know, and not combine them as is usual....... I'd buy it. Just a suggestion from a guppy.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Ephran wrote: »
    FO = Energyfarm
    Vets = Cantinafarm

Stay-on-Target-Stay-on-Target-One-Handy-Tip-to-Help-You-Focus-on-Your-Chosen-Task.gif

Yeah, I thought I had another month so I thought I was lol.
  • Dagon
    105 posts Member
    Options
    When I saw JTR coming out I also thought about a Snoke event coming in April since Kylo Unmasked is already out there in cantina and is pretty much farmable so who know's....
  • JTDC
    5 posts Member
    Options
    I do not understand the Panic Farm hints. We have more than three months to farm two CantinaToons. Anyone who wanted JTr had enough time - even without money - to achieve this goal.

Is that actually true? If someone isn't in the top of their fleet or PvP arena, they're not going to be able to realistically afford more than 1 refresh a day without paying (which is what you're saying they should be able to do). That would be a rather sizeable portion of their resources.

So, if they also got the VSC and VSH during the marquee event, they'd need 265 shards of each, for a total of 530 shards. Drop rate of 1/3, so they'd need 1690 attempts. 1689 attempts at 16 energy is 27040 energy. You get 165 Cantina energy a day; This would take 164 days to complete, which is longer than 3 months. Adding a refresh puts it at 102 days which is...not enough. You'd need to do 2 refreshes a day to make it, which is not within the reach of the majority of players without spending money. It would also have to be their sole investment as well, neglecting other toons that may be required for guilds (Captain Han comes to mind) as well as mods.

So, no, you're not correct.
  • JTDC
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely not in my experience.
    Each time I refreshed my Cantina energy to farm the Vets, I was able to do 7 or 8 simmed battles at a time (depending on how much energy I had left before buying 120 more). If the 30% stat is accurate then I would usually get 2 shards per refresh - sometimes more, sometimes less.
    That doesn't happen.

I started a tracking spreadsheet back in November for my farms. I average out to a 33% drop rate or so over the tracking time. I've had bad days (3 refreshes giving me, oh, 3 shards total); I've had good days (got 20 shards one day). Overall, I average, with three refreshes 11-12 shards per day, which is what I expect.

I recommend actually tracking your drops with a spreadsheet or whatever. People tend to focus on the negative results or the positive results, creating a confirmation bias.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    JTDC wrote: »
    I do not understand the Panic Farm hints. We have more than three months to farm two CantinaToons. Anyone who wanted JTr had enough time - even without money - to achieve this goal.

Is that actually true? If someone isn't in the top of their fleet or PvP arena, they're not going to be able to realistically afford more than 1 refresh a day without paying (which is what you're saying they should be able to do). That would be a rather sizeable portion of their resources.

So, if they also got the VSC and VSH during the marquee event, they'd need 265 shards of each, for a total of 530 shards. Drop rate of 1/3, so they'd need 1690 attempts. 1689 attempts at 16 energy is 27040 energy. You get 165 Cantina energy a day; This would take 164 days to complete, which is longer than 3 months. Adding a refresh puts it at 102 days which is...not enough. You'd need to do 2 refreshes a day to make it, which is not within the reach of the majority of players without spending money. It would also have to be their sole investment as well, neglecting other toons that may be required for guilds (Captain Han comes to mind) as well as mods.

So, no, you're not correct.

Yes, if you started after the JTRey event, ignored the double drops last time - and didn't work on them at all during that span. And the presumption that f2p players can't be at the top of either arena is also incorrect.

If you are trying to justify not being ready for an event that you have had 4+ months to prepare for (and the marquee event head start on) have at it. But stop trying to suggest that people who are ready and have been for weeks are either wrong or must have spent money.

For f2p and even guppies, the key is to stay on target and finish things - especially for the second time around, where you often have weeks if not months to prepare. Yes, there are choices to be made - but you can't blames CG because you made ones that didn't keep you on task for JTRey.

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Am I wrong that you not only have to get BB8 but level and gear him all in 1 week to get JTR? I dont have a problem with the notice time, but most people will have to purchase stuff to level and gear BB8 that quickly. Should be a few weeks in between, IMHO. Not very friendly there.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Am I wrong that you not only have to get BB8 but level and gear him all in 1 week to get JTR? I dont have a problem with the notice time, but most people will have to purchase stuff to level and gear BB8 that quickly. Should be a few weeks in between, IMHO. Not very friendly there.

Most who have done it have suggested that the gear levels on BB8 arent a big deal, partly because you are likely using other Resistance taunters (Poe and Finn) and partly because he evades so well.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Luniz wrote: »
    Remember, arena finishes require mods which you cant farm during vet farming...in 2 years the best mod I've got in mod shop is 2 +15 speed secondary mods.

Yes, this is correct. If you just started playing in the past 6 months, you would have a difficult time farming mods at the same time you are farming vets. If you have been playing prior to that time, you could have farmed mods prior to then. And some of us have been playing since before mods existed. But sure.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    For people defending this move, you have to bear in mind that someone had to make a coscious decision to not include this event in the calendar when it was first released. It's not like "stuff happens and deal with it", someone had to deliberately make it happen. What they achieved by this is effectively cutting off a lot of players from the only effective team for the new raid unless they whale out. Again, not by accident. This game used to be very ftp-friendly, now it is getting more and more coercive. As was stated here several times, to survive as a ftp means making smart decisions, but we just saw that we can't trust the information we are given and therefore have nothing to base our decisions on.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    For people defending this move, you have to bear in mind that someone had to make a coscious decision to not include this event in the calendar when it was first released. It's not like "stuff happens and deal with it", someone had to deliberately make it happen. What they achieved by this is effectively cutting off a lot of players from the only effective team for the new raid unless they whale out. Again, not by accident. This game used to be very ftp-friendly, now it is getting more and more coercive. As was stated here several times, to survive as a ftp means making smart decisions, but we just saw that we can't trust the information we are given and therefore have nothing to base our decisions on.

Did you consider that this was not a scheduled event, and they are trying to push out the event to help players with the new raid.

The advocated "smart decision" from almost everyone is once an event ends if you didn't get the toon, is to keep farming and working on that situation until you are in a position to get it. People may or may not follow that advice but you can't always pass the buck and blame someone else.
  • Options

As others have said, you've had three months, not two days. If you were unable to farm the veterans, it won't make a difference if it's two days or two weeks notice. If you could farm them but didn't...oh, well.

And besides, the event will likely be on for a week, so you should have nine days in which to farm.
  • FieldL
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Edward wrote: »
    I feel your anger. What they have been doing didn’t consider our interests at all.

They do. They know people want JTR to beat the Sith Raid. So, here she is. Put the nerf aside, she is still the most effective team to take down Sith Raid.