Sith raid - fatigue

Prev13456789
I have seen a number of plays quit the last few weeks... and most are getting burnt out. I couldn't figure why with the sith raid and the all that excitement. We, like many guilds are able to t6 in a pretty reasonable time frame... the rewards are total horse manure but otherwise it was good well.

So we completed it in about 4 or 5 resets.. then again .. and again.. and now we have gotten it down to within 4 resets. We tried heroic but not enough strong jtr teams... so we again did t6.. and again...

I'm starting to feel this same fatigue as the others.. and I realized what it is.... t6... it requires me to play 5 teams per day...

every day.

We immediately start it up again and then every day.. 5 fights.

It's the constant never ending same 5 fights per day pretty much.. and it's just not fun at all.

I know they are going to revamp rewards.. but that won't solve the issue. I dont care for a few more gold pieces.

I don't know what the solution is. Maybe you reward traya shards in t6. I know that won't be a popular idea but I don't know what the plan is to stop people from leaving.

Replies

• I currently have 40 Traya shards and I was fatigued the second time we did it. I’ve always been completely bored of raids yet I usually place in the top 20 simply to do my duty for the guild. I can totally see how people are getting burnt out, especially at lower tiers, because I know how you feel. I’ve seen people leave too in our sister guilds due to tier 6 being demoralizing after finishing. I just hope the next raid we see is the last raid. Let it be a ship raid and then call it good.
  • The Sith Raid is the best raid ever and the players love it!
    (Hope someone gets the reference)

But yeah, I agree. It's a slog and a lot of players are starting to slack hard on it, forcing more work on the rest of the guild causing even more stress.

Alas, the devs are perfectly happy with the raid as they said in the Q&A.
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    I hate the Sith raid. I just auto it now even though by doing so I receive far fewer points and thus fewer rewards. It is a terrible grind and terribly boring.
  • The advice I got from some others was to just do 1 fight or do it on auto... but doing it on auto is totally pointless based on the mechanics of the raid. I've noticed many people slacking on.. and I'm starting to myself. I placed in top 15 and once in top 10... I don't have it in me anymore.

The dev's are way out to lunch if they think 100+ million gp guilds are content with t6..

I get it's not supposed to be easy but it's also not supposed to drive away players in droves either.
  • Tooooo time consuming
  • If Nihilus is currently up I hit auto and look away/go do something else (then do it four more times). If either of the other bosses are up it depends on how I feel; sometimes I'll auto, sometimes I'll go fishing for decent numbers. I'm honestly not looking forward to when we're in a point in our progression where we have to be serious about this raid (we're still working out the kinks in HAAT).

I also encourage other people to hit auto rather than not doing the raid at all. Ugh.
  • Nihilus really was designed just to **** everyone off. He raises cooldowns, has regenerating protection, insta kills, protection bypass on all abilities, can summon, can use summons for more protection, and steals buffs. Did I miss anything?
    He's got way too much going on compared to the other two, by far. I find Sion and Traya without Nihilus to be interesting and somewhat fun. Sions pain mechanic is actually awesome, risk vs reward kind of gameplay. Traya is just unique in that you have to manage her bonds of weakness. There's isn't a single thing fun about facing Nihilus, just multiple layers of overdesigned crap meant to annoy players.
  • It's even more of a grind when it takes your guild a week to do a t3, rewarding you with a steaming dog egg once completed. Nasty.
  • I have seen a number of plays quit the last few weeks... and most are getting burnt out. I couldn't figure why with the sith raid and the all that excitement. We, like many guilds are able to t6 in a pretty reasonable time frame... the rewards are total horse manure but otherwise it was good well.

So we completed it in about 4 or 5 resets.. then again .. and again.. and now we have gotten it down to within 4 resets. We tried heroic but not enough strong jtr teams... so we again did t6.. and again...

I'm starting to feel this same fatigue as the others.. and I realized what it is.... t6... it requires me to play 5 teams per day...

every day.

It's the constant never ending same 5 fights per day pretty much.. and it's just not fun at all.

I know they are going to revamp rewards.. but that won't solve the issue. I dont care for a few more gold pieces.

I don't know what the solution is. Maybe you reward traya shards in t6. I know that won't be a popular idea but I don't know what the plan is to stop people from leaving.

I couldn't agree more! This is definitely a burnout, it never ends, one finishes and another begins
  • Health needs a serious adjustment on this one as do rewards.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    Nihilus really was designed just to **** everyone off. He raises cooldowns, has regenerating protection, insta kills, protection bypass on all abilities, can summon, can use summons for more protection, and steals buffs. Did I miss anything?
    He's got way too much going on compared to the other two, by far. I find Sion and Traya without Nihilus to be interesting and somewhat fun. Sions pain mechanic is actually awesome, risk vs reward kind of gameplay. Traya is just unique in that you have to manage her bonds of weakness. There's isn't a single thing fun about facing Nihilus, just multiple layers of overdesigned **** meant to annoy players.
    Agree 100% with you. He is simply terrible to fight, consensus in my guild is fighting Nihilus is boring.

• QJinX
    219 posts Member
    I sincerely hope the producers read this thread.
  • Yeah I hit auto too. I defended the raid a lot, but I just can't defend it to anyone anymore.

When it was first announced I was excited because it was my favorite era in Star Wars. I broke the bank to get my Sion to 6* or is it 5*, I seriously don't remember anymore.

I'm not a serious gamer I guess, because when my guild starts the raid, I start to sigh. I love the game and probably won't leave it based on the raid. I just don't think I'm going to be putting serious time and effort into it until I feel it's fun for me.

ITs mostly Mr. Wound in the force I got issues with.
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    The rewards are terrible for the difficulty, and the mechanics are like trying to decipher the manual for a 747. I think most people just auto the raid rather than slog through the same tedious fight over and over.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    I absolutely loathe Nihlus with a passion. I get the raid is supposed to be challenging, but he is just not fun. I will maybe do 1 fight per day against him, sometimes two or three(usually on auto), but I often just skip him.

As said above, the other two aspects of the raid are in fact challenging, and *fun*. They offer unique, interactive mechanics.

Not only is Nihlus's mechanic not that great(you don't actually do anything. Just sit there n get hit), but you need to time it perfectly, and depending on his speed vs the protecting hero's speed, the whole thing can easily get jacked up and fail.

His whole fight is incredibly frustrating. I won't quit the game, but I freakin hate having to fight him. It's just the worst.
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    My guild starts up a Sith Raid as soon as it ends, but it's taking longer and longer for it to get done cause less and less people are doing it. I've stopped participating in the Sith Raid and almost left the game after two years cause it just sucks out all the fun in the game when you have to do a raid that lacks any type of excitement.

Oh yeah, let me attack Nihilus for the 5th time today. Oh cool, he can increase my cooldowns, but my Nihilus can't increase his. And there goes my Nihilus.

Oh, there's Treya. Shows she's got 14 turns before enraged, but why is she enraged after 7 turns? No body seems to know, but I'm supposed to just accept it? I mean, the Tank attacks twice, only counts as one turn.

My personal thought on it is that the Sith Raid is real Sithy (put the h after S though)
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Pa_lin
    80 posts Member
    Agree with everything here; the first sith raid we ran we had 100% participants. Now lucky to have 5 people try. Top 5 have scored ranging from 10-50m. The rest 1m or less. In t4.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    better to have unlimited chances than 5
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Jooms
    74 posts Member
    I despise this raid! Our guild does tier 3 strictly because it only takes us a day to do it and might as well get some guild store currency out of it rather than sitting on a higher tier for 93 weeks. Nobody has quit in my guild because of it (thank god) but nobody likes it on the slightest, for all the reasons mentioned above
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    The raid should have been great. There are great characters there, a great background story. Everyone wanted something with new rewards to go after.

Then the raid debuts, and it's so ridiculously difficult that it's no fun. (not difficult in terms of complexity, as someone said above, just artificial difficulty - even when you're doing it right it's nigh-impossible).

Then there's a very significant nerf almost immediately to a 'strategy' which apparently nobody noticed in testing.

Then we find out that the rewards suck. Just plain suck, for the amount of effort and the power of the characters needed to succeed in it. I mean, obviously there's a problem with the rewards if guilds are just autoing it at T3 because nobody wants to slog through the fights for what you're getting in return.

Apart from these, the gameplay in the raid is just not fun. Like someone said, it's not all terrible, but Nihilus in particular, you just stand there and get beat down. The guild zergs him to death. Yawn.

Sorry to be negative, but many of us have invested a lot of time, if not money, over the last couple of years, in SWGOH. It's disappointing to see so much effort to cravenly monetize new content (i.e. the vet smugglers) vs. deliver compelling content that will cause people to want to keep playing and generate revenue for them in a net-positive way.
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    I have seen a number of plays quit the last few weeks... and most are getting burnt out. I couldn't figure why with the sith raid and the all that excitement. We, like many guilds are able to t6 in a pretty reasonable time frame... the rewards are total horse manure but otherwise it was good well.

every day.

I have been just like you before, it was in the lull before Territory Wars. The game felt more like a chore. You just have to do what you enjoy and the game becomes much more fun again. Don't worry about getting the "Rank 1" arena mark by only playing the "meta." Play with characters that you enjoy and play the modes that you enjoy. In our guild, we are really laid back and just have a good time. We easily complete H Rancor and HAAT and we tried a T6 Sith raid and everyone said they would rather not even do the raid. So we just do lower tiers and throw in teams to auto, if we even do that. The sith raid and TB's are things we just kind of auto through or don't even try. We have a blast with TW's and arena strategizing though. I am just saying this to let you know I feel your frustration and just stick to what you enjoy, it makes the game much more fun to play. That's what it is all about anyway, just for fun!
  • I wasn't excited for a new raid in the beginning because I knew it was going to be outrageously difficult. We have to consider that the HAAT was made back before there was G12, Zetas, or any of the top tier characters we have today (CLS, JTRey, Thrawn, BB8, etc) were even a thing and there are still a considerable amount of guilds out there who don't even come close to being able to beat HAAT. This raid being made with those things in mind, it's little wonder that it's so punishing.

That said, in the beginning I hated the Sith Raid. Despised it. I've slowly come to be more tolerant of it as configurations have been discovered that make each phase a bit more doable.... But even then, the gains are so small, it's hard to feel like you're actually accomplishing much. On top of that, the process of defeating the Heroic raid seems currently restricted to guilds with 120+ million GP (that's actually a low-ball figure), with 50/50 participation, utilizing teams that most people don't want to invest a lot in (Pao, Nightsisters and Phoenix teams, for example).

Since even in a 90 million GP guild, we don't have much hope of completing a Heroic raid any time soon, there is little to bother with doing as far as the Sith Raid is concerned except grinding our way through it constantly. Hopefully the update to the rewards will make it more tolerable, but I am very skeptical of that. The rewards I'd personally require to make me want to continue slogging through what I consider a very boring raid with very little room for individual improvement are most likely not anywhere near being close to what the developers would consider reasonable.

• Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Boring, grindy, unfun. The raid requires not only a huge amount of time, but it requires intense attention to do properly, even when you should be massively outgearing it, simply because of the annoying mechanics.

I don't mind when things are hard but here...
    a) Can't do anything because you are pigeonholed into a few teams due to them being immune to almost everything
    b) There is a huge random factor involved sometimes that makes you need to restart and do it again
    c) The raid is too complicated for a mobile game.

In my guild people barely do it, and I see more players quitting now than at any point in the past year. I can't blame them, this raid is bad, and increasing the rewards isn't going to make it better.
  • The raid is extremely poorly designed - it doesn't rely on skill, just having the right toons and the right RNG - so you restart your battles over and over again until you get the good RNG. That's extremely time consuming and also extremely boring. If x happens restart, if y happens restart, if buff z is on restart, if toon h gets isolated restart, rinse and repeat. We have got it on farm by now but not because I pull any weight - I am missing some important toons (refused to pay for JTR) and thus only could do damage in two of the 4 phases - but these usually fall within either the middle of the night or working hours. And then I would have to go through the RNG appeasement routine which is totally mindless boring gunk. So I post auto runs of randomly selected toons and that's it...
  • It’s mainly just the phases with Nihilus. His mechanics just beat down players’ morale. No one minds doing phases 2 and 3 or phase 4 after Nihilus is dead. Not being being able to hit him with basics s lot of the time, getting punished for characters counterattacking, and unpredictable annihilates just make people not want to do it. It’s simply not fun. Everything else with the raid is fine in my opinion.
  • It's a long, boring slog with meagre rewards.

Many in our guild don't bother.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Agree with most on this thread, the raid is just simply boring and annoying.

I know CG hyped it up about being a year in the making and all that but in reality... how can that possibly be true. I wouldn't even believe it took a month to produce.

You play your 5 teams everyday and you have to play the only ones that really work each phase... (JTR/NS/Troopers). Where as in HAAT you have multiple teams that work for each of the phases which makes it more fun as its not a rinse and repeat job like the sith raid.

The only reason I even contribute to the sith raid is for the guild itself so it is finished quicker. Unlikely rewards update will make it worth while.
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    I'm the guild leader of a 110m GP guild with two >2m GP accounts in the guild and I just can't force my self to play all battles on both accounts regularly....and we're doing T5 regularly - like we finish one and right away start another....i am developing teams for Heroic on both accounts but I just don't have the desire to play it....
  • I just can't make myself do more than 1 or 2 battles a day, and definitely not during phase 1. My time to spend on the game is limited enough, I'm not going to spend an hour on the worst raid experience the game has to offer.

Nihilus is a train wreck of a fight, where you can't really get into a rhythm and I just feel a mild dose of anxiety every time I do it as I watch his annihilate cooldown bounce around and hope the toon with the buff gets a turn to soak it before then. Mostly I'm annoyed because auto doesn't yield even minimum results, so I can't even let it run while I work/focus on something else. Nope, I have to stay glued to it the entire time.

I don't mind phase 2 and 3 so much, as I have useful teams for those (troopers in phase 2 is actually kind of fun). Problem is, everyone piles on for those two phases and they go down quick, then we're back to no one wanting to finish it off.

I get that new raid content being more difficult is a necessity, but the mechanics of this raid punish every single team we've been encouraged to build up till now pretty much and as a result it actually feels like punishment to grind out. They could add Treya shards to t6 and I'm pretty sure it would hype people for a couple weeks, then we'd be back to no one caring again, despite how essential to arena that toon is looking to be.
  • Tilidi
    56 posts Member
    My guild is in the 50 mill GPs, needless to say Heroic Sith raid is a year away at the very least.
    So we do T4 (in 4-5 days, probably 4 now) and we just tried T5 for the last...Month. (Waiting for reward increase to complete)

Now what bothers me with the game in general (since last September) and the Sith Raid in particular, is that the devs have released many new abilities, and decided to make them impossible to block or cleanse. (Dispellers and Cleansers are made useless)
    Raise dead mechanism is part of the game and yet Nihilus negates it totally (in arena it does not bother me, in a raid, it does), same with Boba Fett...

Plague affecting droids... Vader rework with AOE which does not allow counterstrikes just so he can survive one turn or two... Sion taunting while knocked out...
    Everything since CLS has been released is really broken. (and I love my CLS)

Give buffs and even free rebuffs to your Raid Boss but stop nerfing the abilities you grant to the toons you released, think twice about what you release and how it will affect the future of the game.

A game is supposed to be about fun, to be rewarding so you want to play it again (and the Sith Raid goes against that philosophy). Releasing OP toons and then changing the Meta is not all, you need to make sure 4-5 Metas are viable at the same time...

This discussion has been closed.