Thrawn Mythic [MERGE]

Replies

• Just because you are not able to beat PVE content, it does mean you must come here and whine. Please CG make more hard PVE content. Challenges are great! Harder the better! (that's what she said)
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    Just because you are not able to beat PVE content, it does mean you must come here and whine. Please CG make more hard PVE content. Challenges are great! Harder the better! (that's what she said)

You are entitled to your opinion but I would be careful about how excited you were to run off the FTP and new guys. Without them all you will be doing is playing with yourself. Also what she said.
  • I couldn't come close to beating it with zThrawn, zVader(full), zEP, ST g10 and a myriad of other toons. About the time I was going to throw my phone against the wall I decided I didn't give a carp anymore and moved on with my life. All I notice is EA developers seem to get their rocks off by putting nearly impossible stuff out there from time to time. Whatever, I still don't pay a dime to this game. If you can't beat it just move on.
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    Just because you are not able to beat PVE content, it does mean you must come here and whine. Please CG make more hard PVE content. Challenges are great! Harder the better! (that's what she said)

One other thing, I am totally up for a challenge,in fact I love one. But I was hit and hit hard 13 times on average before even getting a shot. Most of the time my zEP was dead before getting a turn. That isn't a challenge that is a suicide run.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Akamike wrote: »
    I couldn't come close to beating it with zThrawn, zVader(full), zEP, ST g10 and a myriad of other toons. About the time I was going to throw my phone against the wall I decided I didn't give a carp anymore and moved on with my life. All I notice is EA developers seem to get their rocks off by putting nearly impossible stuff out there from time to time. Whatever, I still don't pay a dime to this game. If you can't beat it just move on.

There was a point in time, when rancor required a guild of people with multiple teams to beat it. Now it can be done with a single toon.

Not everyone will beat everything the first time around, its not because the developers make things "nearly impossible", its hard because this is a game of progression and things are put out to last, give goals, and have some sense of achievement when you can finally beat it.
  • I have just tried the Mythic event , I have seen several irregularity in the game... Do you experience the same or any issue, or is it kind of a joke ?

Issue1.
    I have tried the first mission, which was exactly the same with the thrawn event which I had spent 3 days non-stop try to unlock ( unfair) , But the problem was , on the last stage against the thrawn, I applied " back up plan " by Hera on to my Kanaan and as if nothing happened, My Kanaan died without revival. So I tried several times again, It happened and happened again...

Issue 2.
    I entered the bonus mission (last one) with Thrawn -lead, Shore , DT, EP, Vader team. let alone I lose half of my G12 empire toons, They by-passed my Shoretrooper's Taunt whole the way. again and again....(What is the taunting toon's purpose than?)

I assume , CGs set the rules , but , to make the game harder, they ignore their own rules..
    Agree?

You're probably the only person who has a problem.

Oh really? Read the other ones then...
    Oh, like the ones that were in the 10+ page discussion where all of these issues have been discussed at length that this got merged into?

• Kyno wrote: »
    I couldn't come close to beating it with zThrawn, zVader(full), zEP, ST g10 and a myriad of other toons. About the time I was going to throw my phone against the wall I decided I didn't give a carp anymore and moved on with my life. All I notice is EA developers seem to get their rocks off by putting nearly impossible stuff out there from time to time. Whatever, I still don't pay a dime to this game. If you can't beat it just move on.

There was a point in time, when rancor required a guild of people with multiple teams to beat it. Now it can be done with a single toon.

Not everyone will beat everything the first time around, its not because the developers make things "nearly impossible", its hard because this is a game of progression and things are put out to last, give goals, and have some sense of achievement when you can finally beat it.

@Kyno ....dude....no.....never bring up the sense of accomplishment thing.
  • Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    YanM123 wrote: »
    The event is really annoying and difficult, but is indeed intended for very late end-game players. It's fun to have difficult events like this every now an then, makes you think about potential teams with the hopes you can complete it. Of course it is not intended for everyone to complete it and therefore a lot will need to wait until it's second appearance before being able to. This was the same thing back when the BB8 Mythic even first came out. You could have a full non-zetad g11 resistance team (RJT didn't exist at the time) and not be able to complete it (g12 or zeta on Finn was almost a must for it at the time).

Compared to the recent raid rewards controversy, I do not see this event as a problem for the game. It's an extra event with few extra rewards.. you won't fall behind if you can't defeat it.

I think it's more the fact that they added stealth mechanics which makes it appear as though there is a bug or the devs added unknown abilities to Phoenix. I don't think there would be any problem if they'd had a visible taunt icon over every toon that disappears upon getting hit and/or noted the mechanic in the description. That said I think the mechanic is poorly thought out since it outright eliminates strategies built around pre-taunts. If pre-taunts weren't a thing the mechanic would be fine but I think it's a very poor balance choice since it actually limits strategy choices by making pre-taunts irrelevant.

But as many have said it's hard to plan a strategy if there are a bunch of intentionally hidden mechanics, more so when those mechanics appear to be bugs or new toon abilities. Like it's hard to figure out what you need to change if you're not even sure things are WAI. It also seems like it's kinda in poor taste to make a big deal about buffing EP & Vader, say (as I understand the devs did) that they want the mod meta to move away from pure speed, and then the next mythic that gets introduced cranks speed up to 11 that both forces players to double down on the speed mod meta and neuters Vader's buff.
  • mt875249 wrote: »
    mt875249 wrote: »
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    1. It does not require good strategy if it really requires just good RNG. So why not rather change the description to "needs really good mods and really good RNG"? ;)
    2. Vader is not getting nearly as many turns as he should given his new unique. Might be bugged even if Phoenix has to start with full TM as they do.

Bullet number 1 is wrong. Strategy and RNG play a huge part. If the barrage takes out a toon, exit and try again. There's DEFINITELY strategy involved. Thrawn and DT are king in this.

You just proved bullet point #1! Starting over after bad RNG isn’t strategy, it’s just quiting and trying again. This is 100 percent RNG. There isn’t a single strategy that overcomes RNG in this event.

No, bullet number one says it's all based on rng, which is false. I said it's rng and strategy. After barrage, what's next? It's your strategy. NEVER did I say that retreating was a strategy.

You didn’t say that but you sure implied it. And RNG isn’t the just the first barage, it’s the entire battle. You don’t need a shred of strategy to beat this. 100% RNG and nothing else. Point 1 is spot on.

The worst part of this whole thing is the weak rewards for it. They give an event for the top end players but don’t reward them enough for their trouble. The achievement gives you 20 shards of ships that the top end already has oh and 50 crystals. They should keep all mythics the same reward. I know this wasn’t part of your post but it needed to be said.

Guessing you didn't see my earlier post where I laid out how I beat it, surviving barrage (rng) then the strategy I used was laid out.

Was not intended to be implied, just missing a comma.

Even picking your toons has strategy behind it, so to say it's purely rng even after barrage is false. I beat this thing with gear 12 Thrawn (which most elder accounts have), Vader Tarkin Shore gear 11, and DT gear 10. Didn't have super mods on them, mostly just health to survive barrage. TM manipulation, cooldown awareness, and the deathmark crack combo works.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • This post finally got popular enough for the mods to merge this but ignore this overly ridiculous mythic tier. Why do they think by adding abilities to squads that you can't actually get and ramp turn meter to 100% and think that makes the game difficult? It's rng and it's a lie. Making us wish our own Phoenix squad could do this
  • What's all the fuss about? This was an excellent challenge! No, you don't have to be a whale to complete it. I'm not, but I did. The only gear 12 I used was Thrawn. Strategy is key.

Team: Thrawn, Vader, Shore, Tarkin, DT.
    Goal 1: Survive barrage.
    Goal 2: Regain health
    Goal 3: Use Thrawn lead special to line up TM to do the following; Force choke, DT aoe for dispel, Tarkin unique and aoe, culling blade Sabine for kill.
    Goal 4: Regain health, Shore may die due to taunt.
    Goal 5: Deathmark Hera, and kill with Thrawn crack
    Goal 6: Wear down Ezra to force choke and culling blade.
    Goal 7: regain health if Shore is still alive.
    Goal 8: Deathmark and crack the rest in this order; Chopper, Kan, Zeb.

Thank you CG for a great challenging mythic event!

Edit note: Use Thrawn lead special and unique to reset DT deathmark.

Here @mt875249
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

@Kyno ....dude....no.....never bring up the sense of accomplishment thing.

Poor form @Kyno ...
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Mythic event toons obviously have abilities normal toons do not. Just like when mythic Vader was doing daze on his aoe. So the ignoring taunt, the mystery revives, then being able to take a 14 debuff culling blade to the face without losing any HP, and Zeb removing TM are all special mythic level abilities. It’s supposed to be hard. That being said I was able to beat it on my first try with Thrawn L, Vader, EP, Shore, and IPD with the only zetas on Thrawn and IPD uniques. So it’s far from impossible. You just need to get güd. It’s a mythic tier that’s supposed to be some of the hardest the game has to offer in the hardest legendary event we have. What do you expect?
  • Akamike wrote: »
    capifico22 wrote: »

One other thing, I am totally up for a challenge,in fact I love one. But I was hit and hit hard 13 times on average before even getting a shot. Most of the time my zEP was dead before getting a turn. That isn't a challenge that is a suicide run.

EP may not work for you, but there are other compilations that might. If you've got tarkin and DT, try running them with Vader and shore. Health mods help. Thrawn cracking a deathmark is one shot kill any.
  • Lol Banth says get gud but without IPD he wouldn't have beat it first try which I doubt he even did
  • Xhowrude wrote: »
    Lol Banth says get gud but without IPD he wouldn't have beat it first try which I doubt he even did

Rude... it's even in the name :smile:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Kyno ....dude....no.....never bring up the sense of accomplishment thing.

but, but, why??!?

If you dont like feeling good when you accomplish/figure out things even in this game, then I think there may be bigger issues that need to be dealt with.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Kyno ....dude....no.....never bring up the sense of accomplishment thing.

but, but, why??!?

If you dont like feeling good when you accomplish/figure out things even in this game, then I think there may be bigger issues that need to be dealt with.

You really should look up the most downvoted Reddit in all of history. You'll get it then :smile:
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    This content is design for high end end game people. Yes there is some rng but without g11-12 with zetas and great mods this is not the event for you. If they wanted it to be easy they would have made it so. Please stop complaining just because the event is tough

And yes let’s not pull the ea battfront move of accomplishments lol
  • Nauros wrote: »
    ITS SUPPOSED TO BE HARD

Doesn't change the fact that preloaded TM to make things "challenging" is just pure kitten. Add to that the secret taunt and you get an abomination.

Yes it does. Preloaded TM makes it fair agaisnt a maxed out empire squad. If you can't beat it tough. Work on your empire and get gud. Same for the bb8 mythic
  • tarkin helps a lot in this challenge.
    ITS SUPPOSED TO BE HARD

Doesn't change the fact that preloaded TM to make things "challenging" is just pure kitten. Add to that the secret taunt and you get an abomination.

Yes it does. Preloaded TM makes it fair agaisnt a maxed out empire squad. If you can't beat it tough. Work on your empire and get gud. Same for the bb8 mythic
  • Totally doable with some g12 characters and no zetas. RNG heavy thou, but still no problem
    ITS SUPPOSED TO BE HARD

Already beat this and bb8 and every other mythic event out.
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
    "Well begun is half done."
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    These are supposed to be hard. At least the mythics have decent rewards.
  • After 4 hours of attempts I finally beat it. Thrawn(L No zetas) zzvader, zzpalp, tarkin, and RG
  • Looks as though the same old Thing is happening in these forums again.... all the unhappy posts are disappearing and fanboy posts are replacing them. Personally... I’m beginning to hate this game and it’s EA monitored community. I’ll enjoy my ban from this forum. Enjoy yourselves.
  • mt875249 wrote: »
    mt875249 wrote: »
    Lekrom1982 wrote: »
    1. It does not require good strategy if it really requires just good RNG. So why not rather change the description to "needs really good mods and really good RNG"? ;)
    2. Vader is not getting nearly as many turns as he should given his new unique. Might be bugged even if Phoenix has to start with full TM as they do.

Bullet number 1 is wrong. Strategy and RNG play a huge part. If the barrage takes out a toon, exit and try again. There's DEFINITELY strategy involved. Thrawn and DT are king in this.

You just proved bullet point #1! Starting over after bad RNG isn’t strategy, it’s just quiting and trying again. This is 100 percent RNG. There isn’t a single strategy that overcomes RNG in this event.

No, bullet number one says it's all based on rng, which is false. I said it's rng and strategy. After barrage, what's next? It's your strategy. NEVER did I say that retreating was a strategy.

You didn’t say that but you sure implied it. And RNG isn’t the just the first barage, it’s the entire battle. You don’t need a shred of strategy to beat this. 100% RNG and nothing else. Point 1 is spot on.

The worst part of this whole thing is the weak rewards for it. They give an event for the top end players but don’t reward them enough for their trouble. The achievement gives you 20 shards of ships that the top end already has oh and 50 crystals. They should keep all mythics the same reward. I know this wasn’t part of your post but it needed to be said.

Guessing you didn't see my earlier post where I laid out how I beat it, surviving barrage (rng) then the strategy I used was laid out.

Was not intended to be implied, just missing a comma.

Even picking your toons has strategy behind it, so to say it's purely rng even after barrage is false. I beat this thing with gear 12 Thrawn (which most elder accounts have), Vader Tarkin Shore gear 11, and DT gear 10. Didn't have super mods on them, mostly just health to survive barrage. TM manipulation, cooldown awareness, and the deathmark crack combo works.

Since you didn’t post it in response to the OP of course not.
    What's all the fuss about? This was an excellent challenge! No, you don't have to be a whale to complete it. I'm not, but I did. The only gear 12 I used was Thrawn. Strategy is key.

Team: Thrawn, Vader, Shore, Tarkin, DT.
    Goal 1: Survive barrage.
    Goal 2: Regain health
    Goal 3: Use Thrawn lead special to line up TM to do the following; Force choke, DT aoe for dispel, Tarkin unique and aoe, culling blade Sabine for kill.
    Goal 4: Regain health, Shore may die due to taunt.
    Goal 5: Deathmark Hera, and kill with Thrawn crack
    Goal 6: Wear down Ezra to force choke and culling blade.
    Goal 7: regain health if Shore is still alive.
    Goal 8: Deathmark and crack the rest in this order; Chopper, Kan, Zeb.

Thank you CG for a great challenging mythic event!

Edit note: Use Thrawn lead special and unique to reset DT deathmark.

Here @mt875249

And we’re back to bullet point 1. Survive barage aka RNG! Using your abilities after barage sounds great but there has to be a time that get amazing RNG throughout the battle. Especially since they’ve changed the Phx mechanics on ignoroing taunt. Their reasoning for doing that is a bogus one. Not wasting my time with this one since the rewards are trash.

If it makes you feel better I’ll tell you that it’s 1% strategy but don’t dump on the original poster and claim they can do it if they just strategize better. If he can’t survive the barage then no strategy can do them any good.
  • Westvleteren12
    62 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    There is no strategy. Just RNG. And the rewards aren't all that great. I'm 1.7m GP with G8 (almost G9) Thrawn (just got him this event) and just got lucky enough to beat it. G12 zzPalp, G12 Tark, G11 Vader and G10 Shore. Basically, my most durable toons because taunts are irrelevant in the initial barrage. This is my arena team, so the mods are solid. Not god mods, but very good.

If you lose ANYONE, just restart. I killed Ezra, then Sabine (twice), Hera, Zeb, Chopper, and Kanan last.

This event is not skill; it's only a test of your willpower...kind of like the Sith raid.
    Post edited by Westvleteren12 on
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    edited April 2018

You do know the best we can do is a squad of g12 with zetas though? I think the event is clearly beyond any g12 squad with best mods even you don't want to admit it.

Even I completed it and it was purely because of dozens of tries and one good RNG that I didn't lose two or more g12 characters before I got a chance to attack.

And the rewards were just terribly inequivalent comparing to its level of difficulty and time which is nearly enough for me to finish top 3 in a HAAT.