Thrawn Mythic [MERGE]

Replies

  • Kyno
    21663 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Semi wrote: »
    It gives the challenge , yes.
    Of course I would prefer them being LVL 95 / elite unit rather than new mechanics...
    Yet there seems to be some problems with Taunt / daze / and other thing that I did not see/ read. Yesterday it took me about 8 attempt and today 10.
    It’s not a challenge when it’s dependent on getting proper RNG. The only teams on here touting it as easy have Palps double zeta, thrawns unique zeta’d and DT.
    No DT? Good luck

    As with any event/raid/battle in the game the closer you are to the intended design or "even match" the more RNG dependent the outcome will be.

    We are all using almost the exact same tools, and some have an easier time, it's not all RNG. I beat it in 3 tries yesterday (1 I tried something different and failed miserably on my second try), 3rd time, I have a better understanding and make it through no issue. Lost shore on that run and lost shore on my single run today, but still only took one run.

    I'm not going to say my experience proves this, but others are having a similarly "less challenging" experience. So IMHO, this shows that you can build and mod a team to meet this challenge.

    TLDR: Your RNG was better than most. My Vader is at 290 speed and he sits and waits while Phoenix takes out 2-3 of my toons every single time. Oh and those toons are tanks with massive protection, armor and health. Tanks that should be absorbing the initial onslaught but hey, I’m sure you’re going to justify them tuning Kanan to crit Palp for 25k right? How about Zeb hitting him for 31k?

    Either you need to reevaluate your squad comp, or you are not quite developed enough for the last tier. Either way, it's definitely funny to see how having something be a challenge is such a hardship .

    I have G12 thrawn, G12 Vader, G11 palp and G10 shore and RG. Two tanks who get slaughtered if by some luck they are targeted only. But unfortunately because of the asinine mechanic of an invisible taunt, anyone can be targeted.
    Idc what anyone is saying, if palpatine is targeted by the initial attacks, it’s game over, and you have to restart. If he survives and his shock doesn’t stick, or his stuns, it’s game over and you restart.
    It’s RNG on who gets attacked. It’s RNG who gets stunned/shocked. It’s RNG if Vader’s culling blade can get a critical hit.
    Just because you got lucky and got a good first attack doesn’t mean the mechanics are broken. Look at the other mythic event like BB8. The FO barrage is paired with super speed and preloaded TM. That’s the challenge. Survive that and land your exposed and it’s game over. Sometimes you need to restart if an expose doesn’t hit. Fine. But notice something. FOST isn’t hitting for 30k damage. FOO isn’t hitting for 30k damage. Their damage is tuned to their class. This event? It’s all that along with hidden mechanics, ignoring taunt, forced thrawn lead and ridiculous damage. They overtuned Phoenix.
    Unless you have the new Zeta’s it’s mainly RNG. If you have an arena ready empire team that is G12 with god mods, then god bless. It’s easier. I really don’t get how a few are missing the grand point of an end game event being RNG based as ridiculous.
    Kyno there’s far more upset with the event structure than support it.

    But that's not how it works, the initial taunt clears on damage meaning that the first round of attacks will only hit each toon once. After it they cleared shores taunt during the first or possible second round that will happen, but only the second round could they focus attacks. It designed to help you or it would go much worse.

    Again, the design of difficulty in this event also encompasses mods, so an improperly modded team will have a rough go of things. That doesn't mean its RNG, just less prepared for the challenge.


    Each event is a specific pair, I would think most would agree that Phoenix need more of a boost to deal with empire than FO needed against resistance. And as I said, part of that boost comes from the abilities not any upgrade for event purposes.

    It was a challenge, I get that some feel it's not necessary for to be as much of a challenge as it is, they needed to make a challenge for everyone which includes high end players too.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Semi wrote: »
    It gives the challenge , yes.
    Of course I would prefer them being LVL 95 / elite unit rather than new mechanics...
    Yet there seems to be some problems with Taunt / daze / and other thing that I did not see/ read. Yesterday it took me about 8 attempt and today 10.
    It’s not a challenge when it’s dependent on getting proper RNG. The only teams on here touting it as easy have Palps double zeta, thrawns unique zeta’d and DT.
    No DT? Good luck

    As with any event/raid/battle in the game the closer you are to the intended design or "even match" the more RNG dependent the outcome will be.

    We are all using almost the exact same tools, and some have an easier time, it's not all RNG. I beat it in 3 tries yesterday (1 I tried something different and failed miserably on my second try), 3rd time, I have a better understanding and make it through no issue. Lost shore on that run and lost shore on my single run today, but still only took one run.

    I'm not going to say my experience proves this, but others are having a similarly "less challenging" experience. So IMHO, this shows that you can build and mod a team to meet this challenge.

    TLDR: Your RNG was better than most. My Vader is at 290 speed and he sits and waits while Phoenix takes out 2-3 of my toons every single time. Oh and those toons are tanks with massive protection, armor and health. Tanks that should be absorbing the initial onslaught but hey, I’m sure you’re going to justify them tuning Kanan to crit Palp for 25k right? How about Zeb hitting him for 31k?

    Either you need to reevaluate your squad comp, or you are not quite developed enough for the last tier. Either way, it's definitely funny to see how having something be a challenge is such a hardship .

    I have G12 thrawn, G12 Vader, G11 palp and G10 shore and RG. Two tanks who get slaughtered if by some luck they are targeted only. But unfortunately because of the asinine mechanic of an invisible taunt, anyone can be targeted.
    Idc what anyone is saying, if palpatine is targeted by the initial attacks, it’s game over, and you have to restart. If he survives and his shock doesn’t stick, or his stuns, it’s game over and you restart.
    It’s RNG on who gets attacked. It’s RNG who gets stunned/shocked. It’s RNG if Vader’s culling blade can get a critical hit.
    Just because you got lucky and got a good first attack doesn’t mean the mechanics are broken. Look at the other mythic event like BB8. The FO barrage is paired with super speed and preloaded TM. That’s the challenge. Survive that and land your exposed and it’s game over. Sometimes you need to restart if an expose doesn’t hit. Fine. But notice something. FOST isn’t hitting for 30k damage. FOO isn’t hitting for 30k damage. Their damage is tuned to their class. This event? It’s all that along with hidden mechanics, ignoring taunt, forced thrawn lead and ridiculous damage. They overtuned Phoenix.
    Unless you have the new Zeta’s it’s mainly RNG. If you have an arena ready empire team that is G12 with god mods, then god bless. It’s easier. I really don’t get how a few are missing the grand point of an end game event being RNG based as ridiculous.
    Kyno there’s far more upset with the event structure than support it.

    But that's not how it works, the initial taunt clears on damage meaning that the first round of attacks will only hit each toon once. After it they cleared shores taunt during the first or possible second round that will happen, but only the second round could they focus attacks. It designed to help you or it would go much worse.

    Again, the design of difficulty in this event also encompasses mods, so an improperly modded team will have a rough go of things. That doesn't mean its RNG, just less prepared for the challenge.


    Each event is a specific pair, I would think most would agree that Phoenix need more of a boost to deal with empire than FO needed against resistance. And as I said, part of that boost comes from the abilities not any upgrade for event purposes.

    It was a challenge, I get that some feel it's not necessary for to be as much of a challenge as it is, they needed to make a challenge for everyone which includes high end players too.

    So you think it’s ok for Kanan to hit for 25k on his special? You think it’s ok for Zeb to crit for 30k on his special?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Semi wrote: »
    It gives the challenge , yes.
    Of course I would prefer them being LVL 95 / elite unit rather than new mechanics...
    Yet there seems to be some problems with Taunt / daze / and other thing that I did not see/ read. Yesterday it took me about 8 attempt and today 10.
    It’s not a challenge when it’s dependent on getting proper RNG. The only teams on here touting it as easy have Palps double zeta, thrawns unique zeta’d and DT.
    No DT? Good luck

    As with any event/raid/battle in the game the closer you are to the intended design or "even match" the more RNG dependent the outcome will be.

    We are all using almost the exact same tools, and some have an easier time, it's not all RNG. I beat it in 3 tries yesterday (1 I tried something different and failed miserably on my second try), 3rd time, I have a better understanding and make it through no issue. Lost shore on that run and lost shore on my single run today, but still only took one run.

    I'm not going to say my experience proves this, but others are having a similarly "less challenging" experience. So IMHO, this shows that you can build and mod a team to meet this challenge.

    TLDR: Your RNG was better than most. My Vader is at 290 speed and he sits and waits while Phoenix takes out 2-3 of my toons every single time. Oh and those toons are tanks with massive protection, armor and health. Tanks that should be absorbing the initial onslaught but hey, I’m sure you’re going to justify them tuning Kanan to crit Palp for 25k right? How about Zeb hitting him for 31k?

    Either you need to reevaluate your squad comp, or you are not quite developed enough for the last tier. Either way, it's definitely funny to see how having something be a challenge is such a hardship .

    I have G12 thrawn, G12 Vader, G11 palp and G10 shore and RG. Two tanks who get slaughtered if by some luck they are targeted only. But unfortunately because of the asinine mechanic of an invisible taunt, anyone can be targeted.
    Idc what anyone is saying, if palpatine is targeted by the initial attacks, it’s game over, and you have to restart. If he survives and his shock doesn’t stick, or his stuns, it’s game over and you restart.
    It’s RNG on who gets attacked. It’s RNG who gets stunned/shocked. It’s RNG if Vader’s culling blade can get a critical hit.
    Just because you got lucky and got a good first attack doesn’t mean the mechanics are broken. Look at the other mythic event like BB8. The FO barrage is paired with super speed and preloaded TM. That’s the challenge. Survive that and land your exposed and it’s game over. Sometimes you need to restart if an expose doesn’t hit. Fine. But notice something. FOST isn’t hitting for 30k damage. FOO isn’t hitting for 30k damage. Their damage is tuned to their class. This event? It’s all that along with hidden mechanics, ignoring taunt, forced thrawn lead and ridiculous damage. They overtuned Phoenix.
    Unless you have the new Zeta’s it’s mainly RNG. If you have an arena ready empire team that is G12 with god mods, then god bless. It’s easier. I really don’t get how a few are missing the grand point of an end game event being RNG based as ridiculous.
    @Kyno there’s far more upset with the event structure than support it.

    Soooooooooo. . . Can't be what squad your using then . . . Got it, lol. Enjoy and have fun

    Well I can use Tarkin as well but he gets annihilated before I ever get a turn because of pre taunt getting ignored....I have plenty other empirentoons to use as well. Only one I don’t have starred is DT but hey i guess a whole event should hinge on one character right?
  • Kyno
    21663 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Semi wrote: »
    It gives the challenge , yes.
    Of course I would prefer them being LVL 95 / elite unit rather than new mechanics...
    Yet there seems to be some problems with Taunt / daze / and other thing that I did not see/ read. Yesterday it took me about 8 attempt and today 10.
    It’s not a challenge when it’s dependent on getting proper RNG. The only teams on here touting it as easy have Palps double zeta, thrawns unique zeta’d and DT.
    No DT? Good luck

    As with any event/raid/battle in the game the closer you are to the intended design or "even match" the more RNG dependent the outcome will be.

    We are all using almost the exact same tools, and some have an easier time, it's not all RNG. I beat it in 3 tries yesterday (1 I tried something different and failed miserably on my second try), 3rd time, I have a better understanding and make it through no issue. Lost shore on that run and lost shore on my single run today, but still only took one run.

    I'm not going to say my experience proves this, but others are having a similarly "less challenging" experience. So IMHO, this shows that you can build and mod a team to meet this challenge.

    TLDR: Your RNG was better than most. My Vader is at 290 speed and he sits and waits while Phoenix takes out 2-3 of my toons every single time. Oh and those toons are tanks with massive protection, armor and health. Tanks that should be absorbing the initial onslaught but hey, I’m sure you’re going to justify them tuning Kanan to crit Palp for 25k right? How about Zeb hitting him for 31k?

    Either you need to reevaluate your squad comp, or you are not quite developed enough for the last tier. Either way, it's definitely funny to see how having something be a challenge is such a hardship .

    I have G12 thrawn, G12 Vader, G11 palp and G10 shore and RG. Two tanks who get slaughtered if by some luck they are targeted only. But unfortunately because of the asinine mechanic of an invisible taunt, anyone can be targeted.
    Idc what anyone is saying, if palpatine is targeted by the initial attacks, it’s game over, and you have to restart. If he survives and his shock doesn’t stick, or his stuns, it’s game over and you restart.
    It’s RNG on who gets attacked. It’s RNG who gets stunned/shocked. It’s RNG if Vader’s culling blade can get a critical hit.
    Just because you got lucky and got a good first attack doesn’t mean the mechanics are broken. Look at the other mythic event like BB8. The FO barrage is paired with super speed and preloaded TM. That’s the challenge. Survive that and land your exposed and it’s game over. Sometimes you need to restart if an expose doesn’t hit. Fine. But notice something. FOST isn’t hitting for 30k damage. FOO isn’t hitting for 30k damage. Their damage is tuned to their class. This event? It’s all that along with hidden mechanics, ignoring taunt, forced thrawn lead and ridiculous damage. They overtuned Phoenix.
    Unless you have the new Zeta’s it’s mainly RNG. If you have an arena ready empire team that is G12 with god mods, then god bless. It’s easier. I really don’t get how a few are missing the grand point of an end game event being RNG based as ridiculous.
    @Kyno there’s far more upset with the event structure than support it.

    Soooooooooo. . . Can't be what squad your using then . . . Got it, lol. Enjoy and have fun

    Well I can use Tarkin as well but he gets annihilated before I ever get a turn because of pre taunt getting ignored....I have plenty other empirentoons to use as well. Only one I don’t have starred is DT but hey i guess a whole event should hinge on one character right?

    Do you have a video of this happening? Because pretaunt is only ignored for a single attack on each toon.
  • No because I don’t know how to make an in game video. I shouldn’t have to. Maybe the help team/devs should do their jobs properly and not push broken content.
  • Kyno
    21663 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    No because I don’t know how to make an in game video. I shouldn’t have to. Maybe the help team/devs should do their jobs properly and not push broken content.

    I have seen multiple videos and not a one has shown what you are saying.

    I have seen shore taunt be cleared and then attacks may have some focus after all toons have been hit at least once. But no one has shown any toon being eliminated while shore has taunt up. The only reason I ask is because you are reporting something that no one else is and that could be a bug.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Semi wrote: »
    It gives the challenge , yes.
    Of course I would prefer them being LVL 95 / elite unit rather than new mechanics...
    Yet there seems to be some problems with Taunt / daze / and other thing that I did not see/ read. Yesterday it took me about 8 attempt and today 10.
    It’s not a challenge when it’s dependent on getting proper RNG. The only teams on here touting it as easy have Palps double zeta, thrawns unique zeta’d and DT.
    No DT? Good luck

    As with any event/raid/battle in the game the closer you are to the intended design or "even match" the more RNG dependent the outcome will be.

    We are all using almost the exact same tools, and some have an easier time, it's not all RNG. I beat it in 3 tries yesterday (1 I tried something different and failed miserably on my second try), 3rd time, I have a better understanding and make it through no issue. Lost shore on that run and lost shore on my single run today, but still only took one run.

    I'm not going to say my experience proves this, but others are having a similarly "less challenging" experience. So IMHO, this shows that you can build and mod a team to meet this challenge.

    TLDR: Your RNG was better than most. My Vader is at 290 speed and he sits and waits while Phoenix takes out 2-3 of my toons every single time. Oh and those toons are tanks with massive protection, armor and health. Tanks that should be absorbing the initial onslaught but hey, I’m sure you’re going to justify them tuning Kanan to crit Palp for 25k right? How about Zeb hitting him for 31k?

    Either you need to reevaluate your squad comp, or you are not quite developed enough for the last tier. Either way, it's definitely funny to see how having something be a challenge is such a hardship .

    I have G12 thrawn, G12 Vader, G11 palp and G10 shore and RG. Two tanks who get slaughtered if by some luck they are targeted only. But unfortunately because of the asinine mechanic of an invisible taunt, anyone can be targeted.
    Idc what anyone is saying, if palpatine is targeted by the initial attacks, it’s game over, and you have to restart. If he survives and his shock doesn’t stick, or his stuns, it’s game over and you restart.
    It’s RNG on who gets attacked. It’s RNG who gets stunned/shocked. It’s RNG if Vader’s culling blade can get a critical hit.
    Just because you got lucky and got a good first attack doesn’t mean the mechanics are broken. Look at the other mythic event like BB8. The FO barrage is paired with super speed and preloaded TM. That’s the challenge. Survive that and land your exposed and it’s game over. Sometimes you need to restart if an expose doesn’t hit. Fine. But notice something. FOST isn’t hitting for 30k damage. FOO isn’t hitting for 30k damage. Their damage is tuned to their class. This event? It’s all that along with hidden mechanics, ignoring taunt, forced thrawn lead and ridiculous damage. They overtuned Phoenix.
    Unless you have the new Zeta’s it’s mainly RNG. If you have an arena ready empire team that is G12 with god mods, then god bless. It’s easier. I really don’t get how a few are missing the grand point of an end game event being RNG based as ridiculous.
    @Kyno there’s far more upset with the event structure than support it.

    Soooooooooo. . . Can't be what squad your using then . . . Got it, lol. Enjoy and have fun

    Well I can use Tarkin as well but he gets annihilated before I ever get a turn because of pre taunt getting ignored....I have plenty other empirentoons to use as well. Only one I don’t have starred is DT but hey i guess a whole event should hinge on one character right?

    No, not on a single char, but, you seem to know best that this event is not good. It's a pity that folks can't see the forest for the trees all the time.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Semi wrote: »
    It gives the challenge , yes.
    Of course I would prefer them being LVL 95 / elite unit rather than new mechanics...
    Yet there seems to be some problems with Taunt / daze / and other thing that I did not see/ read. Yesterday it took me about 8 attempt and today 10.
    It’s not a challenge when it’s dependent on getting proper RNG. The only teams on here touting it as easy have Palps double zeta, thrawns unique zeta’d and DT.
    No DT? Good luck

    As with any event/raid/battle in the game the closer you are to the intended design or "even match" the more RNG dependent the outcome will be.

    We are all using almost the exact same tools, and some have an easier time, it's not all RNG. I beat it in 3 tries yesterday (1 I tried something different and failed miserably on my second try), 3rd time, I have a better understanding and make it through no issue. Lost shore on that run and lost shore on my single run today, but still only took one run.

    I'm not going to say my experience proves this, but others are having a similarly "less challenging" experience. So IMHO, this shows that you can build and mod a team to meet this challenge.

    TLDR: Your RNG was better than most. My Vader is at 290 speed and he sits and waits while Phoenix takes out 2-3 of my toons every single time. Oh and those toons are tanks with massive protection, armor and health. Tanks that should be absorbing the initial onslaught but hey, I’m sure you’re going to justify them tuning Kanan to crit Palp for 25k right? How about Zeb hitting him for 31k?

    Either you need to reevaluate your squad comp, or you are not quite developed enough for the last tier. Either way, it's definitely funny to see how having something be a challenge is such a hardship .

    I have G12 thrawn, G12 Vader, G11 palp and G10 shore and RG. Two tanks who get slaughtered if by some luck they are targeted only. But unfortunately because of the asinine mechanic of an invisible taunt, anyone can be targeted.
    Idc what anyone is saying, if palpatine is targeted by the initial attacks, it’s game over, and you have to restart. If he survives and his shock doesn’t stick, or his stuns, it’s game over and you restart.
    It’s RNG on who gets attacked. It’s RNG who gets stunned/shocked. It’s RNG if Vader’s culling blade can get a critical hit.
    Just because you got lucky and got a good first attack doesn’t mean the mechanics are broken. Look at the other mythic event like BB8. The FO barrage is paired with super speed and preloaded TM. That’s the challenge. Survive that and land your exposed and it’s game over. Sometimes you need to restart if an expose doesn’t hit. Fine. But notice something. FOST isn’t hitting for 30k damage. FOO isn’t hitting for 30k damage. Their damage is tuned to their class. This event? It’s all that along with hidden mechanics, ignoring taunt, forced thrawn lead and ridiculous damage. They overtuned Phoenix.
    Unless you have the new Zeta’s it’s mainly RNG. If you have an arena ready empire team that is G12 with god mods, then god bless. It’s easier. I really don’t get how a few are missing the grand point of an end game event being RNG based as ridiculous.
    @Kyno there’s far more upset with the event structure than support it.

    Soooooooooo. . . Can't be what squad your using then . . . Got it, lol. Enjoy and have fun

    Well I can use Tarkin as well but he gets annihilated before I ever get a turn because of pre taunt getting ignored....I have plenty other empirentoons to use as well. Only one I don’t have starred is DT but hey i guess a whole event should hinge on one character right?

    No, not on a single char, but, you seem to know best that this event is not good. It's a pity that folks can't see the forest for the trees all the time.

    It’s a pity that people still drink the Kool-Aid after you tell them that it’s tainted. But hey, you do you
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Semi wrote: »
    It gives the challenge , yes.
    Of course I would prefer them being LVL 95 / elite unit rather than new mechanics...
    Yet there seems to be some problems with Taunt / daze / and other thing that I did not see/ read. Yesterday it took me about 8 attempt and today 10.
    It’s not a challenge when it’s dependent on getting proper RNG. The only teams on here touting it as easy have Palps double zeta, thrawns unique zeta’d and DT.
    No DT? Good luck

    As with any event/raid/battle in the game the closer you are to the intended design or "even match" the more RNG dependent the outcome will be.

    We are all using almost the exact same tools, and some have an easier time, it's not all RNG. I beat it in 3 tries yesterday (1 I tried something different and failed miserably on my second try), 3rd time, I have a better understanding and make it through no issue. Lost shore on that run and lost shore on my single run today, but still only took one run.

    I'm not going to say my experience proves this, but others are having a similarly "less challenging" experience. So IMHO, this shows that you can build and mod a team to meet this challenge.

    TLDR: Your RNG was better than most. My Vader is at 290 speed and he sits and waits while Phoenix takes out 2-3 of my toons every single time. Oh and those toons are tanks with massive protection, armor and health. Tanks that should be absorbing the initial onslaught but hey, I’m sure you’re going to justify them tuning Kanan to crit Palp for 25k right? How about Zeb hitting him for 31k?

    Either you need to reevaluate your squad comp, or you are not quite developed enough for the last tier. Either way, it's definitely funny to see how having something be a challenge is such a hardship .

    I have G12 thrawn, G12 Vader, G11 palp and G10 shore and RG. Two tanks who get slaughtered if by some luck they are targeted only. But unfortunately because of the asinine mechanic of an invisible taunt, anyone can be targeted.
    Idc what anyone is saying, if palpatine is targeted by the initial attacks, it’s game over, and you have to restart. If he survives and his shock doesn’t stick, or his stuns, it’s game over and you restart.
    It’s RNG on who gets attacked. It’s RNG who gets stunned/shocked. It’s RNG if Vader’s culling blade can get a critical hit.
    Just because you got lucky and got a good first attack doesn’t mean the mechanics are broken. Look at the other mythic event like BB8. The FO barrage is paired with super speed and preloaded TM. That’s the challenge. Survive that and land your exposed and it’s game over. Sometimes you need to restart if an expose doesn’t hit. Fine. But notice something. FOST isn’t hitting for 30k damage. FOO isn’t hitting for 30k damage. Their damage is tuned to their class. This event? It’s all that along with hidden mechanics, ignoring taunt, forced thrawn lead and ridiculous damage. They overtuned Phoenix.
    Unless you have the new Zeta’s it’s mainly RNG. If you have an arena ready empire team that is G12 with god mods, then god bless. It’s easier. I really don’t get how a few are missing the grand point of an end game event being RNG based as ridiculous.
    @Kyno there’s far more upset with the event structure than support it.

    Soooooooooo. . . Can't be what squad your using then . . . Got it, lol. Enjoy and have fun

    Well I can use Tarkin as well but he gets annihilated before I ever get a turn because of pre taunt getting ignored....I have plenty other empirentoons to use as well. Only one I don’t have starred is DT but hey i guess a whole event should hinge on one character right?

    No, not on a single char, but, you seem to know best that this event is not good. It's a pity that folks can't see the forest for the trees all the time.

    It’s a pity that people still drink the Kool-Aid after you tell them that it’s tainted. But hey, you do you

    Lol, whatever you need to believe to sleep at night laddie, as long as you're happy, that's all that matters ,
  • No, not on a single char, but, you seem to know best that this event is not good. It's a pity that folks can't see the forest for the trees all the time. [/quote]

    It’s a pity that people still drink the Kool-Aid after you tell them that it’s tainted. But hey, you do you[/quote]

    It’s pretty obvious that this mythic was designed for a double zeta’d EP. You can probably run any other 3 toons if they’re g11 or higher and well modded.

    I think people are over confident in their squads and need to be ok not clearing everything. Not everyone should be able to clear these mythics and most of them have been fairly easy. It’s always interesting to see how people respond to a challenge.

  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Oh and Thrawns leadership in the event is bugged. They are not gaining TM when losing a buff or suffering a debuff, just an FYI devs. Might want to look into that

    Only valid post I've read so far. XD
  • Kyno
    21663 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Oh and Thrawns leadership in the event is bugged. They are not gaining TM when losing a buff or suffering a debuff, just an FYI devs. Might want to look into that
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Oh and Thrawns leadership in the event is bugged. They are not gaining TM when losing a buff or suffering a debuff, just an FYI devs. Might want to look into that

    Only valid post I've read so far. XD

    I really hope this misunderstanding was cleared up.
  • NicWester
    6680 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Semi wrote: »
    It gives the challenge , yes.
    Of course I would prefer them being LVL 95 / elite unit rather than new mechanics...
    Yet there seems to be some problems with Taunt / daze / and other thing that I did not see/ read. Yesterday it took me about 8 attempt and today 10.
    It’s not a challenge when it’s dependent on getting proper RNG. The only teams on here touting it as easy have Palps double zeta, thrawns unique zeta’d and DT.
    No DT? Good luck

    As with any event/raid/battle in the game the closer you are to the intended design or "even match" the more RNG dependent the outcome will be.

    We are all using almost the exact same tools, and some have an easier time, it's not all RNG. I beat it in 3 tries yesterday (1 I tried something different and failed miserably on my second try), 3rd time, I have a better understanding and make it through no issue. Lost shore on that run and lost shore on my single run today, but still only took one run.

    I'm not going to say my experience proves this, but others are having a similarly "less challenging" experience. So IMHO, this shows that you can build and mod a team to meet this challenge.

    TLDR: Your RNG was better than most. My Vader is at 290 speed and he sits and waits while Phoenix takes out 2-3 of my toons every single time. Oh and those toons are tanks with massive protection, armor and health. Tanks that should be absorbing the initial onslaught but hey, I’m sure you’re going to justify them tuning Kanan to crit Palp for 25k right? How about Zeb hitting him for 31k?

    Either you need to reevaluate your squad comp, or you are not quite developed enough for the last tier. Either way, it's definitely funny to see how having something be a challenge is such a hardship .

    I have G12 thrawn, G12 Vader, G11 palp and G10 shore and RG. Two tanks who get slaughtered if by some luck they are targeted only. But unfortunately because of the asinine mechanic of an invisible taunt, anyone can be targeted.
    Idc what anyone is saying, if palpatine is targeted by the initial attacks, it’s game over, and you have to restart. If he survives and his shock doesn’t stick, or his stuns, it’s game over and you restart.
    It’s RNG on who gets attacked. It’s RNG who gets stunned/shocked. It’s RNG if Vader’s culling blade can get a critical hit.
    Just because you got lucky and got a good first attack doesn’t mean the mechanics are broken. Look at the other mythic event like BB8. The FO barrage is paired with super speed and preloaded TM. That’s the challenge. Survive that and land your exposed and it’s game over. Sometimes you need to restart if an expose doesn’t hit. Fine. But notice something. FOST isn’t hitting for 30k damage. FOO isn’t hitting for 30k damage. Their damage is tuned to their class. This event? It’s all that along with hidden mechanics, ignoring taunt, forced thrawn lead and ridiculous damage. They overtuned Phoenix.
    Unless you have the new Zeta’s it’s mainly RNG. If you have an arena ready empire team that is G12 with god mods, then god bless. It’s easier. I really don’t get how a few are missing the grand point of an end game event being RNG based as ridiculous.
    Kyno there’s far more upset with the event structure than support it.

    But that's not how it works, the initial taunt clears on damage meaning that the first round of attacks will only hit each toon once. After it they cleared shores taunt during the first or possible second round that will happen, but only the second round could they focus attacks. It designed to help you or it would go much worse.

    Again, the design of difficulty in this event also encompasses mods, so an improperly modded team will have a rough go of things. That doesn't mean its RNG, just less prepared for the challenge.


    Each event is a specific pair, I would think most would agree that Phoenix need more of a boost to deal with empire than FO needed against resistance. And as I said, part of that boost comes from the abilities not any upgrade for event purposes.

    It was a challenge, I get that some feel it's not necessary for to be as much of a challenge as it is, they needed to make a challenge for everyone which includes high end players too.

    So you think it’s ok for Kanan to hit for 25k on his special? You think it’s ok for Zeb to crit for 30k on his special?
    For the hardest tier of a difficult event that’s supposed to reward players that have completed their unpopular Thrawn-led Empire teams? YES!

    Yes! Of COURSE! That’s the ENTIRE POINT! Hey, is it unfair that the Rancor just freaking EATS someone? Or that Nihilus punches someone into oblivion? This isn’t Arena or Galactic War. This is PvE. It plays by different rules.
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I think people are over confident in their squads and need to be ok not clearing everything. Not everyone should be able to clear these mythics and most of them have been fairly easy. It’s always interesting to see how people respond to a challenge.
    Because there’s no direct competition in the game, and because the AI is pretty bad (good for an AI—but AI in general is pretty bad) folks are used to winning. So when they lose they think it can’t be because they aren’t good enough, it must be because the game cheated.

    I’m definitely not ready. Been working on my Resistance folks, but that’s a choice I made on my own and I’m cool with it!

    (That said—the event definitely wasn’t tuned for double-Zeta Palpatine. He can’t be your leader, and every time a Phoenix Squaddie uses a special they’ll get a bunch of TM off Palpatine’s unique! Use someone else!)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • This is one of the worst Mythic events ever created by EA/CG do they even play/test it before the content is pushed out?
  • I'm not sure what the complaining is about. It was a rare challenge that I couldn't auto with high ends toons. Worked for me. A little spice is fun. I've autod all the other toon events this weekend. Git gud ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • It is beatable , and with so many saying they used g11/12 chars, it should be done. Unless squad comp is subpar, or thrawn isn't built up mebbe?

    I see a lot of people claiming they beat it, but I'm not seeing any actual proof.

    That's because in most cases they are forum trolls just trying to stir the masses into a frenzy....likely with minnow accounts

    Lol, I did best it sweetheart, pm me your email and I'll send a screen shot, if you would get your head straight for a minute or two and stop,feeling sorry for yourself, mebbe we could figure out what you have to use, since you claim to be a mid whale, you should have zero issue, in fact, that means you are likely just playing about not beating it.

    And another thing, bud, I don't have a single mod with plus 20 secondaries, if you do, then what's your excuse?

    Why dont you post it here? I'm sure all of us want to see it.

    As the the point of this thread, I personally haven't played it yet but my guild discord is filled with frustration rn on this issue. Apparently CG is insistent on making more and more mistakes.
  • Joost
    232 posts Member
    It is pretty easy
  • It is beatable , and with so many saying they used g11/12 chars, it should be done. Unless squad comp is subpar, or thrawn isn't built up mebbe?

    I see a lot of people claiming they beat it, but I'm not seeing any actual proof.

    That's because in most cases they are forum trolls just trying to stir the masses into a frenzy....likely with minnow accounts

    Lol, I did best it sweetheart, pm me your email and I'll send a screen shot, if you would get your head straight for a minute or two and stop,feeling sorry for yourself, mebbe we could figure out what you have to use, since you claim to be a mid whale, you should have zero issue, in fact, that means you are likely just playing about not beating it.

    And another thing, bud, I don't have a single mod with plus 20 secondaries, if you do, then what's your excuse?

    Why dont you post it here? I'm sure all of us want to see it.

    As the the point of this thread, I personally haven't played it yet but my guild discord is filled with frustration rn on this issue. Apparently CG is insistent on making more and more mistakes.

    @OpticGK_Alex as I mentioned, I actually have never used a site nor posted a pic online, I did offer to send my screenshot to someone that would be able to post it for me, but, as usual, when proof is offered people walk away. That's ok, I really don't care whether you believe or not, plenty of folks have beaten tier three, and it has been covered quite well. If someone still thinks that it's a issue, well, that's more a personal problem then anything else.
  • leef
    12852 posts Member
    Stop lying @GhostTruckin noob xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Stop lying @GhostTruckin noob xD

    @leef lol dang it, why you gotta be like that, . . :D
  • leef
    12852 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Stop lying @GhostTruckin noob xD

    @leef lol dang it, why you gotta be like that, . . :D
    haha
    DealWithItFlip.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • LOl nice !
  • Im glad some people can complete the tier, i cant, i just dont have the shore trooper, vader and EP are g12 and are zetatd and quick but there not good enough to carry the team, maybe with enough RNG and enough retries, but to be honest i just lost interest.

    However thats a theme that seems to be carrying through this game, it seems lately that everything seems to be designed for the top 5%, and/or needs the top super duper hard to get characters (top 5%) and i find most aspects of this game are not only going this way, but taking my interest levels in the same direction.

    Are the devs really only interested in the top 5%?
  • Your line of reasoning here is completely absurd. If I'm not mistaken, to get to tier 3 of the mythic event you would have had to beat 7 progressively difficult tiers of the normal Thrawn event. After that, there are tiers 1 & 2 of the mythic event before you've reached the last and final tier that you can't beat (but can still play). Seems like there's parts of the event for all levels of players with only the top tier left for those who've invested a lot of time and/or money.

    Yes, the top tier may be beyond your current roster's capabilities. The point is to give players something to work towards, not more easy tasks to auto or Sim. Put in the time and effort that a lot of us have and maybe you'll beat it next time. And please don't post some crap about being a whale either because I'm FTP (minus the $10 dooku pack I bought when I first started).
  • Are the devs really only interested in the top 5%?

    You can do 2/3 of the event just fine and get the rewards from that. Now, if you really want those two other mods to sell each time the event gets run, you have something to aspire to and build your roster towards.

    Quit pouring a watering can over yourself and telling me it's raining.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Are the devs really only interested in the top 5%?

    If the top 5% are the ones who pay the bills and keep the game going, then yes. Customers get better attention and service than window shoppers looking for a free sample.

    And I say that as someone who stopped spending money on this game back in February. I don’t expect to have the same experience now that I’m free to play.
  • Kyno
    21663 posts Moderator
    Im glad some people can complete the tier, i cant, i just dont have the shore trooper, vader and EP are g12 and are zetatd and quick but there not good enough to carry the team, maybe with enough RNG and enough retries, but to be honest i just lost interest.

    However thats a theme that seems to be carrying through this game, it seems lately that everything seems to be designed for the top 5%, and/or needs the top super duper hard to get characters (top 5%) and i find most aspects of this game are not only going this way, but taking my interest levels in the same direction.

    Are the devs really only interested in the top 5%?

    Or they are designing new events to be a challenge for everyone for a period of time that extends into the future.

    Everyone develops, just at a different pace and there is a chance we see "things" this year that will give us a new level to grow to.... all of this has to be considered today when they make new elements and content. So yes what is easier now for some will be easy for other later, but if it was easy for everyone now then it's a joke in the future.
  • I dont believe the top 5% do bring in the majority of the money, the certainly spend the most though (individually) However i suspect its probably the next 6 to 35% that are actually the real cash cows.

    And my point is what happens when those people get bored? The top 5% wont keep this game going.

    I dont expect to be able to do everything in this game, but i dont expect G11 and 12 chars to be anihilated without getting a turn more often than not.
  • So it's not just me that thought this was way overpowered and they are ridiculously fast (even when Vader gets all that bonus turn meter ).wonder how many tablets and phones have been destroyed with this event lol
  • I'll start this off by saying that this comment is not directed at any specific person or group.

    I love threads like this because they come every time there's a mythic and they always ed up with people sharing their strategies for beating the third tier. But I will preface that statement with, when the BB8 Mythic came out, I was one of those people crying 'wtk is this mess' with the preloaded tm. However, I eventually did get through it with some strategy and this is now the fourth? Mythic, so I had some idea of what was coming.

    I went into tier 3 sure I was not going to pass it, and guess what, I didn't. Shore and DT aren't 7* yet and my Tarkin (who I have seen recommended as working better for the event than EP/Vader) is still only g11. I tried using my best 7* Empire toons, g12 Thrawn, g11 Tarkin, g10 Veers, and g8 EP/Vader...and guess what, I got spanked like a toddler. And I was okay with that. I never expected to pass it, so I wasn't raging.

    I've been lurking the thread and I've seen some decent strategy recommendations that I will be using once I get my DT and Shore up to 7*, probably right in time for the next Thrawn event.

    So, imo, if you can't get the Mythic this time, read the strategies and work on either mods or gear for the next time.
Sign In or Register to comment.