Thrawn Mythic [MERGE]

Replies

• Just because it can be beat doesn’t mean that the tuning of the event is ok.
    First of all, preloaded turn meter should not be paired with maxed out toons, who have speed well over 400. @CG_TopHat you need to fix this. There is absolutely no reason why my G12 Vader that has 287 speed sits and waits while the entire enemy team goes twice. And that’s without getting staggered.
    Secondly, The phantom taunts is absolutely asinine. The whole point of a pre taunt toon like shore trooper is to TAUNT! Continuing to add that to future mythic is equally foolish.
    Thirdly, you must be joking where Chopper and Kanan who are TANKS are hitting 15k on their basic critcals. They’re tanks. They are not meant to hit hard.
    Fourthly, stop making tenacity mods the prize. They are utterly useless as a mod set and given the poor drop rate for decent mod secondaries as is, the rewards are useless then. Stop giving us tenacity mods.

You guys need to start giving us descriptions of these mystery mechanics and insane stats of mythic events. You want transparency with us? This is quite simple.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    how sure are you that without that special mechanic they wouldn't have just killed your shore right of the bat?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    how sure are you that without that special mechanic they wouldn't have just killed your shore right of the bat?

I would want them to do exactly that. Take the initial onslaught and call it a day. And if I wanted him alive then use RG to taunt when he falls below 50% health
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Akamike wrote: »
    I couldn't come close to beating it with zThrawn, zVader(full), zEP, ST g10 and a myriad of other toons. About the time I was going to throw my phone against the wall I decided I didn't give a carp anymore and moved on with my life. All I notice is EA developers seem to get their rocks off by putting nearly impossible stuff out there from time to time. Whatever, I still don't pay a dime to this game. If you can't beat it just move on.

There was a point in time, when rancor required a guild of people with multiple teams to beat it. Now it can be done with a single toon.

Not everyone will beat everything the first time around, its not because the developers make things "nearly impossible", its hard because this is a game of progression and things are put out to last, give goals, and have some sense of achievement when you can finally beat it.

Kyno ....dude....no.....never bring up the sense of accomplishment thing.

but, but, why??!?

If you dont like feeling good when you accomplish/figure out things even in this game, then I think there may be bigger issues that need to be dealt with.

You really should look up the most downvoted Reddit in all of history. You'll get it then :smile:

Just because EA decided to pair it with the worst micro-transactioned game in history doesnt mean that "sense of accomplishment" isnt a thing. Its still a concept that the harder the task, the better you feel after completing it. The probelm with EA was more of timing, when they saidit wveryone was at their breaking point, and they went on reddit and it happened. I mean, didnt it feel great when you beat your first HAAT compared to LS battle 2-G

Most donvoted post on this forum :/. Wheeeeeeee
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    This seemed like a good run:
    KfIiVPA.png

Then went into an infinite loop:
    mxsU2j2.png

Full health G12 Thrawn and Vader with zetas just can't kill Konan.

My guild mate gave me a hint: two tank protect your DT and Thrawn, as long as they live, you can beat them, Death Mark followed by Fracture will kill any one but my advice is to leave Konan last.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

I would want them to do exactly that. Take the initial onslaught and call it a day. And if I wanted him alive then use RG to taunt when he falls below 50% health

i'd say that would make the event considerably harder, i would be carefull what you wish for if i were you. Having shore alive, but with damaged allies > dead shore, with minimal dmg to allies.
    It's kinda funny really, the difference in opinion about the same mechanic. I do however agree that they should have mentioned it in the event description. Other than that i'm 100% sure i would have cleared the event with or without that mechanic (cleared the even without shore aswell), so for me personally it wouldn't have made a difference.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    I couldn't come close to beating it with zThrawn, zVader(full), zEP, ST g10 and a myriad of other toons. About the time I was going to throw my phone against the wall I decided I didn't give a carp anymore and moved on with my life. All I notice is EA developers seem to get their rocks off by putting nearly impossible stuff out there from time to time. Whatever, I still don't pay a dime to this game. If you can't beat it just move on.

There was a point in time, when rancor required a guild of people with multiple teams to beat it. Now it can be done with a single toon.

Not everyone will beat everything the first time around, its not because the developers make things "nearly impossible", its hard because this is a game of progression and things are put out to last, give goals, and have some sense of achievement when you can finally beat it.

Kyno ....dude....no.....never bring up the sense of accomplishment thing.

but, but, why??!?

If you dont like feeling good when you accomplish/figure out things even in this game, then I think there may be bigger issues that need to be dealt with.

You really should look up the most downvoted Reddit in all of history. You'll get it then :smile:

Just because EA decided to pair it with the worst micro-transactioned game in history doesnt mean that "sense of accomplishment" isnt a thing. Its still a concept that the harder the task, the better you feel after completing it. The probelm with EA was more of timing, when they saidit wveryone was at their breaking point, and they went on reddit and it happened. I mean, didnt it feel great when you beat your first HAAT compared to LS battle 2-G

Most donvoted post on this forum :/. Wheeeeeeee

in his defence, i'm reasonably sure that he meant using that exact same phrase because it now has such a negative undertone, not that he doesn't believe in the concept. I could be wrong though, but i always like to see the best in people =D
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Fik wrote: »
    Semi wrote: »
    But double tank is useless since they ignore taunt =\ STILL...

They don't ignore taunt.

By they I meant Sabine chopper and zeb at least.
  • It's funny that they have to give extra features to make Phoenix good, like pre-loaded TM, one extra toon and ignoring taunt. Are they saying that Phoenix are so bad that they don't stand a chance on equal conditions? If so, they need a rework.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Actually it's the same for other mythic event like bb8. Remember those First order having * 400* speed haha
  • leef wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

i'd say that would make the event considerably harder, i would be carefull what you wish for if i were you. Having shore alive, but with damaged allies > dead shore, with minimal dmg to allies.
    It's kinda funny really, the difference in opinion about the same mechanic. I do however agree that they should have mentioned it in the event description. Other than that i'm 100% sure i would have cleared the event with or without that mechanic (cleared the even without shore aswell), so for me personally it wouldn't have made a difference.

The problem is that they have Phoenix hit ridiculously hard as well. If Ezra hits palp with his special and Sabine uses her AOE then say goodbye to palp. That takes away massive damage and stun potential. However you or I prefer though, we both agree that their hidden mechanics and the mechanics themselves are inherently bad.
    I find it funny we always end up disagreeing on here but then usually meet in the middle for an agreement haha
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @CG_Carrie @CG_TopHat

I’m doing some incredible data mining for you right now. I hope that you don’t let it go to waste. I’m now on attempt 50 since the reset. And still no win.
    Ezra is hitting for 26K crit on his special. On his basic he ranges from 12k-20k. Sabine is hitting 25-27k on her saber slash special. On her AOE, she’s hitting up to 22k on a critical. Kanan is hitting 16k on his special and 12k basic and up to 21k and 17k when he crits respectively. Zeb is hitting 11k on his basic and 16k on his special. He hits around 14k critical. Chopper usually hits 7-8k on his basic and is around 13k critical. Couple all of that with speed that is over 400.
    So again it’s luck if you win. Tell me how that’s WAI?
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    It's an end game special event and a lot of player made it with few or no zeta and different team composition from gear 10 to 12 so yes I think it is WAI.
  • Oh and Thrawns leadership in the event is bugged. They are not gaining TM when losing a buff or suffering a debuff, just an FYI devs. Might want to look into that
  • Semi wrote: »
    It's an end game special event and a lot of player made it with few or no zeta and different team composition from gear 10 to 12 so yes I think it is WAI.

Having an endgame event that is only dependent on....RNG....GASP!!!!!.... is not WAI.
  • @Semi so tell me, is it proper mechanics to have a tank with 400 plus speed, crit for 20k and also have massive health?? That’s WAI?
  • 2nd day.
    Thrawn(unique zeta) zzEP Tarkin StormTr DT
    That team finished the event on full auto.(Only StormTr died.)
    StormTr is g11.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    lesismore wrote: »

You do know the best we can do is a squad of g12 with zetas though? I think the event is clearly beyond any g12 squad with best mods even you don't want to admit it.

Even I completed it and it was purely because of dozens of tries and one good RNG that I didn't lose two or more g12 characters before I got a chance to attack.

And the rewards were just terribly inequivalent comparing to its level of difficulty and time which is nearly enough for me to finish top 3 in a HAAT.

You can always have better mods.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    It gives the challenge , yes.
    Of course I would prefer them being LVL 95 / elite unit rather than new mechanics...
    Yet there seems to be some problems with Taunt / daze / and other thing that I did not see/ read. Yesterday it took me about 8 attempt and today 10.
    Of course I would prefer them being LVL 95 / elite unit rather than new mechanics...
    Yet there seems to be some problems with Taunt / daze / and other thing that I did not see/ read. Yesterday it took me about 8 attempt and today 10.
    It’s not a challenge when it’s dependent on getting proper RNG. The only teams on here touting it as easy have Palps double zeta, thrawns unique zeta’d and DT.
    No DT? Good luck

You do know the best we can do is a squad of g12 with zetas though? I think the event is clearly beyond any g12 squad with best mods even you don't want to admit it.

Even I completed it and it was purely because of dozens of tries and one good RNG that I didn't lose two or more g12 characters before I got a chance to attack.

And the rewards were just terribly inequivalent comparing to its level of difficulty and time which is nearly enough for me to finish top 3 in a HAAT.

Sure let’s spend millions of credits on upgrading mods, for a handful of credits and mods that are awful (tenacity). Sounds like a good trade off for that feeling of accomplishment :)
  • Oh and here’s another question for the devs of this “amazing” event. When does the invisible auto taunt expire? I would like to know since RG’s taunt when my toons fall immediately below half health doesn’t work.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Well if you think you absolutely need DT and double zeta palp then do it ?
    Yes the " auto taunt " of shore is clearly ignored and no one can tell otherwise.
    This is an "RNG game" if you did not realise that.
    Since the release of dark side TB and the new raid I hope you worked on Deathtrooper.
    I have no g12 nor any zeta on palp and only decent mods ( no more than +60 speed )
    The only BIG RNG is the auto taunt at the beginning. "Hope" they spread their attack for your squad to survivre.. ( Yeah... RNG)

Just remember Hard 9A and 9B when they were release. Or Mystic BB8 event. Nothing new here and you 'll get it with time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It’s not a challenge when it’s dependent on getting proper RNG. The only teams on here touting it as easy have Palps double zeta, thrawns unique zeta’d and DT.
    No DT? Good luck

As with any event/raid/battle in the game the closer you are to the intended design or "even match" the more RNG dependent the outcome will be.

We are all using almost the exact same tools, and some have an easier time, it's not all RNG. I beat it in 3 tries yesterday (1 I tried something different and failed miserably on my second try), 3rd time, I have a better understanding and make it through no issue. Lost shore on that run and lost shore on my single run today, but still only took one run.

I'm not going to say my experience proves this, but others are having a similarly "less challenging" experience. So IMHO, this shows that you can build and mod a team to meet this challenge.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member

Sure let’s spend millions of credits on upgrading mods, for a handful of credits and mods that are awful (tenacity). Sounds like a good trade off for that feeling of accomplishment :)

Without spending you can just swap between your arena team for an exemple. Nous need to spend millions. Hi and by the way. They work for a living so yeah. They will try to make it harder to make you " need" to spend. Kinda normal.
  • 2nd day, 2nd try. So,40 tries for 2 wins, 4 crap mods, and some credits. And 50 achievement crystals. Meh.
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
    "Well begun is half done."

Without spending you can just swap between your arena team for an exemple. Nous need to spend millions. Hi and by the way. They work for a living so yeah. They will try to make it harder to make you " need" to spend. Kinda normal.

Well after their fiasco’s lately, I’m sure they won’t be making anyone feeling the “need” to spend any time soon. Especially with the lack of quality work from them. Sorry ;)
    But RNG being the sole factor to win, is not good business as is evident in recent weeks. But keep defending their failing model. Thousands have voiced their displeasure and have left the game. I’m sure the losing streak will continue though
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    it's a total misconception that this event is all about RNG.
    I've attempted it 7 times total with slightly different teams and cleared it (retreated with 1 left) 4 times. I'm sure teamchoice played a role those 3 times i failed. (without atleast 1 tank and all squishy attackers the chance of losing a character right of the bat was simply too high)
    Ofcourse there's always RNG involved, but if you've got the team (right characters, gear, mods the whole shebang) and strategy you absolutely don't need good RNG. The worse your team and strategy is, the more you rely on good RNG to be able to make it. Simple as that.
    no shore is also possible.
    35k5v9z.png
    Finishing close to full prot
    2va1u01.png

No DT? Good luck

As with any event/raid/battle in the game the closer you are to the intended design or "even match" the more RNG dependent the outcome will be.

We are all using almost the exact same tools, and some have an easier time, it's not all RNG. I beat it in 3 tries yesterday (1 I tried something different and failed miserably on my second try), 3rd time, I have a better understanding and make it through no issue. Lost shore on that run and lost shore on my single run today, but still only took one run.

I'm not going to say my experience proves this, but others are having a similarly "less challenging" experience. So IMHO, this shows that you can build and mod a team to meet this challenge.

TLDR: Your RNG was better than most. My Vader is at 290 speed and he sits and waits while Phoenix takes out 2-3 of my toons every single time. Oh and those toons are tanks with massive protection, armor and health. Tanks that should be absorbing the initial onslaught but hey, I’m sure you’re going to justify them tuning Kanan to crit Palp for 25k right? How about Zeb hitting him for 31k?