Thrawn Mythic [MERGE]

Replies

• leef wrote: »
    it's a total misconception that this event is all about RNG.
    I've attempted it 7 times total with slightly different teams and cleared it (retreated with 1 left) 4 times. I'm sure teamchoice played a role those 3 times i failed. (without atleast 1 tank and all squishy attackers the chance of losing a character right of the bat was simply too high)
    Ofcourse there's always RNG involved, but if you've got the team (right characters, gear, mods the whole shebang) and strategy you absolutely don't need good RNG. The worse your team and strategy is, the more you rely on good RNG to be able to make it. Simple as that.
    no shore is also possible.
    35k5v9z.png
    Finishing close to full prot
    2va1u01.png

G12 characters. Oh joy. Definitely make your argument stronger -_-
  • Veserion1
    150 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Beat it with g12 thrawn no zeta, g11 Vader, EP, Shore and g8 RG.pretty much a no zeta team
    If palp dies in the initial barrage, restart.

https://imgur.com/a/ZyEsD
  • lesismore
    59 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Did it twice, first time more of luck, second time more of strategy, didn't feel even a little bit of accomplishment or excitement, guess that's what the new tier was for, would rather be able to choose to do another tier I or II like Zombie/Spirit events alike.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Semi wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    lesismore wrote: »
    Akamike wrote: »
    I couldn't come close to beating it with zThrawn, zVader(full), zEP, ST g10 and a myriad of other toons. About the time I was going to throw my phone against the wall I decided I didn't give a carp anymore and moved on with my life. All I notice is EA developers seem to get their rocks off by putting nearly impossible stuff out there from time to time. Whatever, I still don't pay a dime to this game. If you can't beat it just move on.

There was a point in time, when rancor required a guild of people with multiple teams to beat it. Now it can be done with a single toon.

Not everyone will beat everything the first time around, its not because the developers make things "nearly impossible", its hard because this is a game of progression and things are put out to last, give goals, and have some sense of achievement when you can finally beat it.

You do know the best we can do is a squad of g12 with zetas though? I think the event is clearly beyond any g12 squad with best mods even you don't want to admit it.

Even I completed it and it was purely because of dozens of tries and one good RNG that I didn't lose two or more g12 characters before I got a chance to attack.

And the rewards were just terribly inequivalent comparing to its level of difficulty and time which is nearly enough for me to finish top 3 in a HAAT.

You can always have better mods.

Sure let’s spend millions of credits on upgrading mods, for a handful of credits and mods that are awful (tenacity). Sounds like a good trade off for that feeling of accomplishment :)

Without spending you can just swap between your arena team for an exemple. Nous need to spend millions. Hi and by the way. They work for a living so yeah. They will try to make it harder to make you " need" to spend. Kinda normal.

Well after their fiasco’s lately, I’m sure they won’t be making anyone feeling the “need” to spend any time soon. Especially with the lack of quality work from them. Sorry ;)
    But RNG being the sole factor to win, is not good business as is evident in recent weeks. But keep defending their failing model. Thousands have voiced their displeasure and have left the game. I’m sure the losing streak will continue though

I'm not defending them at all hahaha
    I stopped spending when ships came out saying the game began to " sink "

Rng isn't the sole factor for a win but it is important in anything. The fact is we feel it more by failing
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    it's a total misconception that this event is all about RNG.
    I've attempted it 7 times total with slightly different teams and cleared it (retreated with 1 left) 4 times. I'm sure teamchoice played a role those 3 times i failed. (without atleast 1 tank and all squishy attackers the chance of losing a character right of the bat was simply too high)
    Ofcourse there's always RNG involved, but if you've got the team (right characters, gear, mods the whole shebang) and strategy you absolutely don't need good RNG. The worse your team and strategy is, the more you rely on good RNG to be able to make it. Simple as that.
    no shore is also possible.
    35k5v9z.png
    Finishing close to full prot
    2va1u01.png

G12 characters. Oh joy. Definitely make your argument stronger -_-

It's an endgame event is it not?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    It gives the challenge , yes.
    Of course I would prefer them being LVL 95 / elite unit rather than new mechanics...
    Yet there seems to be some problems with Taunt / daze / and other thing that I did not see/ read. Yesterday it took me about 8 attempt and today 10.
    It’s not a challenge when it’s dependent on getting proper RNG. The only teams on here touting it as easy have Palps double zeta, thrawns unique zeta’d and DT.
    No DT? Good luck

As with any event/raid/battle in the game the closer you are to the intended design or "even match" the more RNG dependent the outcome will be.

We are all using almost the exact same tools, and some have an easier time, it's not all RNG. I beat it in 3 tries yesterday (1 I tried something different and failed miserably on my second try), 3rd time, I have a better understanding and make it through no issue. Lost shore on that run and lost shore on my single run today, but still only took one run.

I'm not going to say my experience proves this, but others are having a similarly "less challenging" experience. So IMHO, this shows that you can build and mod a team to meet this challenge.

TLDR: Your RNG was better than most. My Vader is at 290 speed and he sits and waits while Phoenix takes out 2-3 of my toons every single time. Oh and those toons are tanks with massive protection, armor and health. Tanks that should be absorbing the initial onslaught but hey, I’m sure you’re going to justify them tuning Kanan to crit Palp for 25k right? How about Zeb hitting him for 31k?

Don't forget they are G12 LVL 85 ++++ ELITE+++++
    Elite = gain a lot of bonus stats.
    So except the auto taunt of shore at the start of encounter ....
    You said rg wasn't taunting ?
    Anything else ?
  • Semi wrote: »
    Of course I would prefer them being LVL 95 / elite unit rather than new mechanics...
    Yet there seems to be some problems with Taunt / daze / and other thing that I did not see/ read. Yesterday it took me about 8 attempt and today 10.
    It’s not a challenge when it’s dependent on getting proper RNG. The only teams on here touting it as easy have Palps double zeta, thrawns unique zeta’d and DT.
    No DT? Good luck

As with any event/raid/battle in the game the closer you are to the intended design or "even match" the more RNG dependent the outcome will be.

We are all using almost the exact same tools, and some have an easier time, it's not all RNG. I beat it in 3 tries yesterday (1 I tried something different and failed miserably on my second try), 3rd time, I have a better understanding and make it through no issue. Lost shore on that run and lost shore on my single run today, but still only took one run.

I'm not going to say my experience proves this, but others are having a similarly "less challenging" experience. So IMHO, this shows that you can build and mod a team to meet this challenge.

TLDR: Your RNG was better than most. My Vader is at 290 speed and he sits and waits while Phoenix takes out 2-3 of my toons every single time. Oh and those toons are tanks with massive protection, armor and health. Tanks that should be absorbing the initial onslaught but hey, I’m sure you’re going to justify them tuning Kanan to crit Palp for 25k right? How about Zeb hitting him for 31k?

Anything else ?

Just 1 thing. Speed. I have God mods and couldn't get Kanaan that fast.
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
    "Well begun is half done."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No DT? Good luck

Not really, that's just your opinion that it is all RNG dependent, which from what many are stating doesn't seem to be the case. The people who are beating it, are still beating it.

There are also people who after many attempts and a better understanding and strategy have had an easier time the second day.

I dont have to justify the tuning of the event, its stated as a challenge, how they achieve that goal is up to them using the criteria they set forth. I.e. using the Phoenix team. Some of what you are describing is also just the natural team ability when you have all 6 on a team and they get the (less natural) amount of turns they get before you go. Through abilities they have they can all have +40% offense and +20% crit damage.
  • Semi wrote: »
    No DT? Good luck

Anything else ?

290 without Palps leader? I have incredibly good mods, sounds as if you married a Developer
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
    "Well begun is half done."
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    At least Kanan isn't zeta haha xD
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    @LordMorsResistis you did tag the wrong comment =P hihi
    I suppose 290 with his bonus against rebel/jedi

Personally I don't think they are OP. They made the First taunt of shoretooper ineffective because otherwise it would be way easier
    Sacrificing shore then vader..Tarkin... etc
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They’re ignoring taunt, removing tm, and this is clearly not wai. If I was a company trying to make money, I’d communicate about something like this. Just tell us whats happening, do they not see how many responses are in this thread?

It has been communicated about the taunt, it is only there to help break up the initial onslaught so it doesn't kill off a single toon.

Removal of TM can come from 2 different characters who have stagger. But I have not seen videos of this so I am not sure if this is the case all the time.

Both of these are explained in this thread, take a look.

I'd recommend the communication about the taunt at the beginning get put in the description of the event in the game. Most players don't visit the forums regularly
  • They need to stop with the preloaded turn meter in these events. Not only is it annoying and frustrating, but it creates issues at they don't foresee with other mechanics. In tier 2, Han Solo doesn't stun on his opening move like he should, because thrawn and his minions get off an opening barrage before him thanks to preloaded tm. It's also thanks to preloaded tm that makes the whole stealth taunt thing necessary
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They need to stop with the preloaded turn meter in these events. Not only is it annoying and frustrating, but it creates issues at they don't foresee with other mechanics. In tier 2, Han Solo doesn't stun on his opening move like he should, because thrawn and his minions get off an opening barrage before him thanks to preloaded tm. It's also thanks to preloaded tm that makes the whole stealth taunt thing necessary

Without that, the TM, the events become a lot easier.
  • Yey0Na9.jpg

It's really not that hard, and it's tuned for gear 12, these are FTP toons, get them ready in 3 months if you don't have them now.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They need to stop with the preloaded turn meter in these events. Not only is it annoying and frustrating, but it creates issues at they don't foresee with other mechanics. In tier 2, Han Solo doesn't stun on his opening move like he should, because thrawn and his minions get off an opening barrage before him thanks to preloaded tm. It's also thanks to preloaded tm that makes the whole stealth taunt thing necessary

Do they though? A level 85, fully zeta'd Phoenix team with 60-80 or so additional speed and six characters to your five is pretty tough to beat, and it doesn't feel "forced" with artificial mechanics that inflate the difficulty
  • GrimmHammer
    47 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Wow, what is going on here :o
    Its an mythic event. I think this is end game content, and ist ok how it is ... It was not that hard with G12 toons and zetas ... Yesterday I lost non toon, today I lost shore trooper. First try, nothing special with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKyMN9EM6Yc
    I am german, therefore my english is not the best.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Do they though? A level 85, fully zeta'd Phoenix team with 60-80 or so additional speed and six characters to your five is pretty tough to beat, and it doesn't feel "forced" with artificial mechanics that inflate the difficulty

i always assumed they used pre-laoded TM because they didn't want to make them super fast. You can outspeed super fast, but you can't outspeed pre-loaded TM. +they'll remain super fast if you make them super fast, with pre-loaded TM they just get the initiative at the start, but after that it's "normal".
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Without a doubt. 100% they need that boost. The AI for Phoenix is good, maybe even better than most, but that team is too complicated to be more than an annoyance. The current meta being in part empire really helps too, so many dont even have to move mods.

This is also a new event and may be tuned for what is currently "high end" because as many speculate, "something" is coming. This event may be "easy" next time it comes around, and if it was easy now, it would be a joke then.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    No DT? Good luck

Either you need to reevaluate your squad comp, or you are not quite developed enough for the last tier. Either way, it's definitely funny to see how having something be a challenge is such a hardship .
  • This kinda stuff needs to stop. I get so excited for the mythics to attempt these things again. I can and did pass the mythic this time but it's getting ridiculous. Cg is making me dread them more and more. I get excited then play it and think why am I surprised.

1. Enough with over scaling make it challenging but not battle plan of hit restart til I get a turn with my team alive after the go 500 times.
    2. Maybe quit with weekend releases or maybe have a competent weekend crew to fix your broken content? This isn't the first time and won't be the last.

Quit killing excitement over new content by making it a chore or a joke
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    This game IS a chore lol..
  • Thrawn , ep, tarkin, storm, shore. Keep EP alive and kill Ezra and Sabine then Hera. Fairly easy fight that relies on a rng start.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Regular as clockwork. We get this every time an event is released.

Have you seen the rewards for the final tier? You're not missing anything if you can't finish it. Just do the first two tiers and move on to what you do every other weekend. T1 and T2 are the paycheck. T3 is the Holiday bonus.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Kanan is one of the slowest characters I have. How the heck does he have more speed than Vader? I get they come with full TM but Kanan of all characters going 2 extra times before Vader is ridiculous.
    No DT? Good luck

Either you need to reevaluate your squad comp, or you are not quite developed enough for the last tier. Either way, it's definitely funny to see how having something be a challenge is such a hardship .

I have G12 thrawn, G12 Vader, G11 palp and G10 shore and RG. Two tanks who get slaughtered if by some luck they are targeted only. But unfortunately because of the asinine mechanic of an invisible taunt, anyone can be targeted.
    Idc what anyone is saying, if palpatine is targeted by the initial attacks, it’s game over, and you have to restart. If he survives and his shock doesn’t stick, or his stuns, it’s game over and you restart.
    It’s RNG on who gets attacked. It’s RNG who gets stunned/shocked. It’s RNG if Vader’s culling blade can get a critical hit.
    Just because you got lucky and got a good first attack doesn’t mean the mechanics are broken. Look at the other mythic event like BB8. The FO barrage is paired with super speed and preloaded TM. That’s the challenge. Survive that and land your exposed and it’s game over. Sometimes you need to restart if an expose doesn’t hit. Fine. But notice something. FOST isn’t hitting for 30k damage. FOO isn’t hitting for 30k damage. Their damage is tuned to their class. This event? It’s all that along with hidden mechanics, ignoring taunt, forced thrawn lead and ridiculous damage. They overtuned Phoenix.
    Unless you have the new Zeta’s it’s mainly RNG. If you have an arena ready empire team that is G12 with god mods, then god bless. It’s easier. I really don’t get how a few are missing the grand point of an end game event being RNG based as ridiculous.
    @Kyno there’s far more upset with the event structure than support it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Ephran
    Ephran wrote: »
    Kanan is one of the slowest characters I have. How the heck does he have more speed than Vader? I get they come with full TM but Kanan of all characters going 2 extra times before Vader is ridiculous.

btSIvX4.jpg

Due to palp special, when they take a turn they take damage to health so they would gain 40% TM on each non basic move during the opening salvo. I believe Kanan favors both of his specials, due to this damage too.
    No DT? Good luck

I have G12 thrawn, G12 Vader, G11 palp and G10 shore and RG. Two tanks who get slaughtered if by some luck they are targeted only. But unfortunately because of the asinine mechanic of an invisible taunt, anyone can be targeted.
    Idc what anyone is saying, if palpatine is targeted by the initial attacks, it’s game over, and you have to restart. If he survives and his shock doesn’t stick, or his stuns, it’s game over and you restart.
    It’s RNG on who gets attacked. It’s RNG who gets stunned/shocked. It’s RNG if Vader’s culling blade can get a critical hit.
    Just because you got lucky and got a good first attack doesn’t mean the mechanics are broken. Look at the other mythic event like BB8. The FO barrage is paired with super speed and preloaded TM. That’s the challenge. Survive that and land your exposed and it’s game over. Sometimes you need to restart if an expose doesn’t hit. Fine. But notice something. FOST isn’t hitting for 30k damage. FOO isn’t hitting for 30k damage. Their damage is tuned to their class. This event? It’s all that along with hidden mechanics, ignoring taunt, forced thrawn lead and ridiculous damage. They overtuned Phoenix.
    Unless you have the new Zeta’s it’s mainly RNG. If you have an arena ready empire team that is G12 with god mods, then god bless. It’s easier. I really don’t get how a few are missing the grand point of an end game event being RNG based as ridiculous.

I bet you're fun at a party.
  • Event units are always able to be different then playable toons, the devs can do whatever they want. I am curious tho of Kanans defense stat, Vader's blade with offense up and crit dmg up, with about 6+ debuffs on Kanan did about 30k dmg. G12 Vader with crit dmg triangle.
    No DT? Good luck

Soooooooooo. . . Can't be what squad your using then . . . Got it, lol. Enjoy and have fun