Bryan's Talk

Replies

• Niemsco
    104 posts Member
    Options
    @DarthFuccBoi sorry haven't had a chance to mess with it I was finishing up gg and working on lobot. My ewok are gear six and ability 3 in the above image so they do really well at that level. I'm going to build them up in the few weeks so I'll have a better idea then.
  • Options
    Hey Bryan! Getting closer to that droid team. Thanks for helping me hammer it out. I had another "in theory" question:

With Geonosian Soldier and IG-86 both calling assists, does Royal Guard's stun possibly become a more attractive option than Poe's expose? Or are we burning the bad guys down too quickly for the stuns to matter?

With those two....I would say Poe because of his ability to expose. With a character exposed...they can be one shot pretty easy by GS or 86. I personally use RG with my speed team; however, I would definitely use Poe with a droid team.
    FTB
  • Options
    The stun is pretty sweet with RG....but you want the droids to be able to eliminate at least 2-3 toons during the first round.
    FTB
  • Von
    119 posts Member
    Options
    @Niemsco Hey no problem. I might be able to test it myself in a week or so. Maybe ? Hopefully I could max there gear by then. Probably would need a few packs to max Rey and Elder. Or the farming is taking forever.
  • Options
    Thanks again, Bryan! That was the way I was leaning, but I figured it was worth discussing.
  • Options
    Thanks again, Bryan! That was the way I was leaning, but I figured it was worth discussing.

Sure thing brother. Good luck with creating the squad.
    FTB
  • Options
    Bryan, would you recommend chromiums with a limited budget? Let's say for the sake of argument 4 packs of 8 every month. Is it purely luck or in the end it evens out? I have had good luck with some pulls that kept me ahead of the herd for a while, but I would be dreaming to think of seven starring that many characters...
  • Options
    Tonatiuh10 wrote: »
    Bryan, would you recommend chromiums with a limited budget? Let's say for the sake of argument 4 packs of 8 every month. Is it purely luck or in the end it evens out? I have had good luck with some pulls that kept me ahead of the herd for a while, but I would be dreaming to think of seven starring that many characters...

I can honestly tell you that it is purely luck. I swear I had 990 Hoth rebel scout chromiums but got a few good characters in my pack buying days. I have unlocked the toons I need to stay in the top few in my server; however, I have met a few people that have spent as much or more than I have and just kept getting the same over and over, and now they still don't have the toons to keep up with the current Meta. If I had the knowledge I have now, I would've went F2P droids the whole way....with Poggle, GS, 88, 86, Poe. That is a squad with unlimited power at max. I wish I would've read the forums before dumping money into this game. P2P means nothing man.
    FTB
  • Options
    You are right. But to an extent we are collecting characters and enjoying the possibilities of the synergies and a lot of them act like a suicide squad but it's fun to watch them. The way the meta keeps changing and with the upgrade in gears with the upcoming level 80 and upwards, I think you invested for the future in years of playing. And now you have the knowledge of a freaking Jedi testing squads and letting us know how they play out. Thanks man.
  • Options
    Hey Bryan, thanks for creating this thread!

My conundrum right now is where to focus my farming attention and to pick an arena team to shoot for in the future. I'd appreciate any help you could offer.

Arena:
    7* Sid(l)
    7* Lumi
    7* Poggle
    7* GS
    5* Poe

I also have 5* QGJ, 7* Eeth, 6* JC, 5* Daka, 5* Dooku, 4* IG-86 and 5* Mace. I'll be getting 5* Yoda this week, but I don't think he'll make much of a difference until I get him to 7. Between staying the course with my current team, going droids with Poggle lead, Poe, 86, 88 and GS, or some form of QGJ led yoda dooku team. In the really distant future I'd like to roll QGJ(l), Anakin, Rey, GS and FOTP but my FOTP is 2* and not very F2P friendly.

Here are my daily farms:
    Cantina - Dooku then Barriss
    Cantina Shipments - QGJ
    GW - IG-86, just started so might switch to Phasma
    Arena - IG-88
    L/D - JC, Rey, Barriss, Anakin, FOTP

Thanks, keep up the good work!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Bryan1986 wrote: »

I can honestly tell you that it is purely luck. I swear I had 990 Hoth rebel scout chromiums but got a few good characters in my pack buying days. I have unlocked the toons I need to stay in the top few in my server; however, I have met a few people that have spent as much or more than I have and just kept getting the same over and over, and now they still don't have the toons to keep up with the current Meta. If I had the knowledge I have now, I would've went F2P droids the whole way....with Poggle, GS, 88, 86, Poe. That is a squad with unlimited power at max. I wish I would've read the forums before dumping money into this game. P2P means nothing man.

Huh, are you serious? That squad is good but there is so much better that it's ridiculous.

P2P means all kinds of things if you know what you are doing. The truth is you've spent a ton of money but those who spent a lot less than you will steamroll you. You can't purchase experience.
  • Options
    @J7000 we all are entitled to our opinions but Bryan is on the same server than @Reyia, has been number one in Arena and stays in the first ten. I guess we all can get sanctimonious from time to time, but your comment is borderline trolling.
  • Options
    You are right. But to an extent we are collecting characters and enjoying the possibilities of the synergies and a lot of them act like a suicide squad but it's fun to watch them. The way the meta keeps changing and with the upgrade in gears with the upcoming level 80 and upwards, I think you invested for the future in years of playing. And now you have the knowledge of a freaking Jedi testing squads and letting us know how they play out. Thanks man.

You are more my hero than I am yours. You are welcome....in the future I will indeed have a good chance of maxing every toon; therefore, I can be able to further support the questions many may have about different teams and synergy. I only wish that the gear drop had a higher probability as I can refresh 4 times for just a couple of pieces of rare gear.
    FTB
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »

Huh, are you serious? That squad is good but there is so much better that it's ridiculous.

P2P means all kinds of things if you know what you are doing. The truth is you've spent a ton of money but those who spent a lot less than you will steamroll you. You can't purchase experience.

Ok brother. I run:

QGJ (L)
    GS
    RG
    Lumi
    FOTP

And with this being said, the droid synergy with a Poe taunt seriously causes me trouble. I had this squad before it was F2P and I still have 50/50 win ratio against the droids. I can beat every squad 100% of the time that I attack them except for droid synergy squad and a squad that was:

QGJ (L)
    GS
    RG
    Rey
    Old Ben.

That is without a doubt an OP squad. Wish my Rey and OB were up there. With a game that depends on the meta....experience isn't as necessary as you may think. Thank you for taking a stab at me, but you aren't gonna rock my cage. I have studied these forums and I have learned that synergy and meta is all that matters. Rng is different every battle in arena (unlike GW). With my current investment in the game/my current experience, I can honestly tell anyone that a droid synergy team is, without a doubt, the best F2P team on offense. Thanks for your input bro.
    FTB
  • Options
    @J7000 we all are entitled to our opinions but Bryan is on the same server than @Reyia, has been number one in Arena and stays in the first ten. I guess we all can get sanctimonious from time to time, but your comment is borderline trolling.

Thanks for your support. @reyia is way OP with her droid team and she isn't even maxed in my server. She has got it figured out. (It is her second alternate account and she did as I would do if I create one.)
    FTB
  • Options
    Hey Bryan, thanks for creating this thread!

My conundrum right now is where to focus my farming attention and to pick an arena team to shoot for in the future. I'd appreciate any help you could offer.

Arena:
    7* Sid(l)
    7* Lumi
    7* Poggle
    7* GS
    5* Poe

I also have 5* QGJ, 7* Eeth, 6* JC, 5* Daka, 5* Dooku, 4* IG-86 and 5* Mace. I'll be getting 5* Yoda this week, but I don't think he'll make much of a difference until I get him to 7. Between staying the course with my current team, going droids with Poggle lead, Poe, 86, 88 and GS, or some form of QGJ led yoda dooku team. In the really distant future I'd like to roll QGJ(l), Anakin, Rey, GS and FOTP but my FOTP is 2* and not very F2P friendly.

Here are my daily farms:
    Cantina - Dooku then Barriss
    Cantina Shipments - QGJ
    GW - IG-86, just started so might switch to Phasma
    Arena - IG-88
    L/D - JC, Rey, Barriss, Anakin, FOTP

Thanks, keep up the good work!

Hey man!! Thanks for the positive additive and the praise. I am always glad to help. To be honest....with the current Meta, you are wise to max QGJ. He is way OP, plus, I have a feeling in the end game he will continue to lead. Sid (L) has been gone in my server, as far as the top 10 is concerned, but, he poses a threat with his healing immunity on a Phasma (L) team. (Especially if you are facing a team with a couple healers). I tell you man, the best team I have faced and lost many times to, consists of:

Qgj(L)
    Royal guard
    Rey
    Old Ben
    GS

All maxed. This is seriously a goal of mine. This, in my opinion, is the ultimate team. Also bro, if you are looking to get Yoda in the future, I would advise you to farm Barriss in cantina, before Dooku. Hope this helps a bit bro!
    FTB
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

Thanks for your support. @reyia is way OP with her droid team and she isn't even maxed in my server. She has got it figured out. (It is her second alternate account and she did as I would do if I create one.)

With your team droids give you trouble? I never loose to droid teams.. Ever. It's almost impossible with a QGJ speed team. So forgive me if I thought you were seriously trolling. Im honestly still scratching my head.

I would also never tell anyone that p2p has no advantages and I wish I would have just farmed droids.. I have droids...don't use any except i86 sometimes. Droid teams are good but just took major nerf in the last major update.
  • Bryan1986
    529 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »

With your team droids give you trouble? I never loose to droid teams.. Ever. It's almost impossible with a QGJ speed team. So forgive me if I thought you were seriously trolling. Im honestly still scratching my head.

I would also never tell anyone that p2p has no advantages and I wish I would have just farmed droids.. I have droids...don't use any except i86 sometimes. Droid teams are good but just took major nerf in the last major update.

Bro. Not looking to argue....but depending on RNg and Poe....it is possible for the QGJ speed meta to lose against droids. I swear I have a decent team and I lose from time to time vs the droid synergy. Doubt it if you want....but the droid synergy is freaking awesome for F2P. If you beat a droid team everytime you face it....it is because the droid team you face must suck. Battle one that is running:

Poggle (L)
    Poe
    GS

This team all depends on how your first attack goes....because if QGJ or his assist misses, then Poe taunts and exposes and the droids/GS destroy any toon standing that is exposed. You must have some weak droid synergy teams in your server to doubt that droids are among the best of the best right now.
    FTB
  • Options
    Either that....or you have the best Speed meta team in the world x2. Lolol
    FTB
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't lost to a droid team a single time since the Poe nerf. Droids are still powerful on offense, but they are awful on defense. You're entitled to you're opinion of course, but @J7000 is right; and don't be surprised when more experienced players call you out for claiming that droid teams have "unlimited power".
  • FabianCorona
    19 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hey Brian, thanks again for the tip on droids. I can't speak to the high end of the game, but for where I'm at it's a big improvement over what I was running. I just got IG-86 to the point where he belongs on my team, and I'm finally getting a taste of what this team might feel like when it's full and maxed. I'll have HK-47 this week sometime, and then we'll be rolling.

The next major obstacle is unlocking the nodes I need to farm gear. For that, I guess I need to work on my Light Side and Dark Side teams for a while. Slows the process down, but I suppose it's a necessary evil.
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    I haven't lost to a droid team a single time since the Poe nerf. Droids are still powerful on offense, but they are awful on defense. You're entitled to you're opinion of course, but @J7000 is right; and don't be surprised when more experienced players call you out for claiming that droid teams have "unlimited power".

If have to agree with this. I would never argue that they aren't powerful. I still use them here and there. Droid teams are great when your on the attack, but when you attack them they are easily beaten. Usually I have 88 and Poe dead before they make there first move.

Edit: this droid team swaps #1 with me everyday. I'm sure he beats me just as easy as these 2 screenshots show I beat him. It just shows no team has unlimited power really

24wad1h.png
    2dl11ti.png

Post edited by Tony167 on
  • Options
    Hey man!! Thanks for the positive additive and the praise. I am always glad to help. To be honest....with the current Meta, you are wise to max QGJ. He is way OP, plus, I have a feeling in the end game he will continue to lead. Sid (L) has been gone in my server, as far as the top 10 is concerned, but, he poses a threat with his healing immunity on a Phasma (L) team. (Especially if you are facing a team with a couple healers). I tell you man, the best team I have faced and lost many times to, consists of:

Qgj(L)
    Royal guard
    Rey
    Old Ben
    GS

All maxed. This is seriously a goal of mine. This, in my opinion, is the ultimate team. Also bro, if you are looking to get Yoda in the future, I would advise you to farm Barriss in cantina, before Dooku. Hope this helps a bit bro!

Thanks for your help! I've started Barriss now in Cantina, and she'll help out in GW as I'm having a lot of problems there. Sid lead is essentially gone in my server too, they're all Qui-Gon. Would you suggest replacing Sid with him and roll QGJ, Poe, Lumi, GS and Poggle? I've also started farming 86 with GW ships, and 88 in arena. Long term should I still focus on that droid team?
  • Options
    @nosferatu
    Yeah man. I would definitely run that squad over replacing any of them with Sid. Poor Sid has become viable for his healing immunity....but he is truly weak due to his health:damage ratio
    FTB
  • Options
    For ftp I would go for sid, poggle gs, 88, 86 in my opinion being better than the hk lead droid team. But we all have our opinions. @Bryan1986 love your posts and thread and love your posts @J7000. I have to agree w Bryan that a droid team can hurt with bad RNG vs speed meta even when taking out for sure one of the IG's before they go... I throw in eeth for the guaranteed stun so neither IG ever hits me. He gets QGJ speed buff and goes quick. If he is brought in to assist with qgj it is one droid gone first hit and the other to be stunned next attack. I can end first turn usually 2 droids dead and one stunned.
  • Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    For ftp I would go for sid, poggle gs, 88, 86 in my opinion being better than the hk lead droid team. But we all have our opinions. @Bryan1986 love your posts and thread and love your posts @J7000. I have to agree w Bryan that a droid team can hurt with bad RNG vs speed meta even when taking out for sure one of the IG's before they go... I throw in eeth for the guaranteed stun so neither IG ever hits me. He gets QGJ speed buff and goes quick. If he is brought in to assist with qgj it is one droid gone first hit and the other to be stunned next attack. I can end first turn usually 2 droids dead and one stunned.

Cool bro. Thanks for the advice. I never thought to use Eeth....but makes a lot of sense. I typically always aim for Poe (or taunter) then try to get the rest out of the way. That expose can create a serious problem when the droids start raining down!!
    FTB
  • Options
    What is the key to getting kylo ren
  • Options

Unlock lvl 6 cantina and you can get him from battle 6c. If you wanna get him up fast....dump all your cantina energy into him...Hope this helped bro.
    FTB
  • Tonatiuh10
    168 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Farming, farming, farming. In the past you could get for $100 a 4* Kylo pack with other goodies like Finn, 7000 gems and 500,000 credits. Now, if you are lucky, you could get it in Chromiums (I did) but be ready to spend hundreds of dollars... Otherwise, Cantina 4C and 6C are the farming locations. For me, 6C is a better investment if you can unlock it, you get 22 cantina currency every time (Great if you are farming QGJ) and the drop rate seems way better, heck, even if you don't get a shard here and there, you get mats to improve the abilities... I hope it helps.

• Options
    I've want to know your input as to which charactors I should be going after for the best team in Arena.

My team now is

Lumi 7* lvl 70
    Darth Sid 7* lvl 70
    Chewy 6* lvl 70
    Phasma 7* lvl 70
    Daka 6* lvl 70

I also have

Eeth Koth 6* lvl 64
    Burriss Offee 5* lvl 64
    Jedi Consular 5* lvl 62
    Ahsoka Tano 5* lvl 62
    Talia 4* lvl 63
    IG-86 5* lvl 60

I Have been trying to get a good jedi team as you may see for the Yoda challenge. I wanna get the best team I can for Arena though because I can't get past rank 150;

As of now I've been farming these charactors but let me know if I should farm others instead.

Daka - Cantina Store
    Burriss Offee - Cantina Battle
    IG-86 - GW
    Eeth Koth - Arena Store
    Consular - Hard Battles

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.