Bryan's Talk

Replies

• Gatsby
    9 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Bryan1986 Thanks for the reply :)

Do you think I would be able to maximize droids if I pick them up this late? Would it be much of an improvement to start a new account and pick them up right away? If the droid bundle could hold top spot on a new server I would rather do that and get the 300-500 crystals/day from a top spot. I would catch up to my current account's quite quickly I imagine. And make it easier to stay ahead of the curve as far as arena comp power
  • Options
    Gatsby wrote: »
    @Bryan1986 Thanks for the reply :)

Do you think I would be able to maximize droids if I pick them up this late? Would it be much of an improvement to start a new account and pick them up right away? If the droid bundle could hold top spot on a new server I would rather do that and get the 300-500 crystals/day from a top spot. I would catch up to my current account's quite quickly I imagine. And make it easier to stay ahead of the curve as far as arena comp power

If you aren't as far and dedicated to your current account....then yes. I would start over and go 100% droids as F2p. No doubt
    FTB
  • Options
    I'm gonna start an alternate and go all droids for sure. Fun team!
    FTB
  • Gatsby
    9 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Bryan1986 wrote: »

I know! They seem like a real blast! No pun intended.

I have some attachment to my account as I bought the darkside starter bundle (got savage :/), and currently have 1k crystals @ level 43. but I will be playing for at least a month seriously, and want to top out Arena as much as possible. Restarting droids and being top 5 each day may be much better in the long run than struggling to snipe 20 imo. I am dedicated to doing as well as I can for minimal $ investment :)

With a fresh account (going droids) would you rather Rey or Lumi from the first chromium pull? Lumi will be useful right away, but is easier to farm than rey. Getting rey as f2p will be very slow, and Im wondering if the farming head start from pulling Rey from chroma is worth not having lumi until unlocking her through GW shipments. Is there someone else you think would be better from first chroma? I'm not sure if you can get poe.

What do you think?
  • Options
    @Bryan1986, any idea on Jedi Knight Anakin?
  • Options
    If I colect the 50 shards to unlock luminara what star level will she be at ?? Thank you :)
  • Options
    QGJ lead
    Daka
    Rey
    Dooku
    GS

What do u think of that team, specielly when QGJ gives speed to all allies.?
    Daka and Dooku gives stuns away, so the other can shoot the worst problems away from the other team?
  • Chive
    40 posts Member
    Options
    G4gnome wrote: »
    If I colect the 50 shards to unlock luminara what star level will she be at ?? Thank you :)

3. All toons that take 50 will start at level 3. 10 for lvl 1 another 15 for 2 and 25 for 3. the same goes for the guys that required 80 shards, they all start at 4 because it cost 30 to go from 3 to 4. And finally for the guys like Yoda,that cost 145 to unlock, they start at 5 80+ the 65 that it takes to got from 4 to 5.
  • Options
    @Chive thank you :)
  • Options
    Poe is a great enemy for me - with QGJ I can de-buff his taunt and gain offense up for whole team, this is possible since they nerfed his tenacity. I think Poe would be better replaced by either Daka, Dooku or another DPS toon in most teams
  • Options
    QGJ lead
    Daka
    Rey
    Dooku
    GS

What do u think of that team, specielly when QGJ gives speed to all allies.?
    Daka and Dooku gives stuns away, so the other can shoot the worst problems away from the other team?

I think that is a great team; however, at some point I would replace Dooku with someone who will taunt for Rey and QGJ
    FTB
  • Bryan1986
    529 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Bryan1986, any idea on Jedi Knight Anakin?

My Jedi knight anakin is only 5 stars. Haven't used him at full potential....but have faced him in battle. He is pretty much a Kylo Ren without the ability reset in my opinion. (He can inflict Healing block like Ren/Sid....but has a bonus buff block chance too). The plus side to him is he benefits when others die....as he gains turn meter and damage on his next attack....but overall, I don't see him used in top ranks and don't think his damage/abilities have what it takes to stay in top at the moment. He may be positively useful in the Yoda challenges.....other than that, I don't see him making a current top team over his competitors.
    FTB
  • Bryan1986
    529 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Gatsby wrote: »

I know! They seem like a real blast! No pun intended.

I have some attachment to my account as I bought the darkside starter bundle (got savage :/), and currently have 1k crystals @ level 43. but I will be playing for at least a month seriously, and want to top out Arena as much as possible. Restarting droids and being top 5 each day may be much better in the long run than struggling to snipe 20 imo. I am dedicated to doing as well as I can for minimal $ investment :)

With a fresh account (going droids) would you rather Rey or Lumi from the first chromium pull? Lumi will be useful right away, but is easier to farm than rey. Getting rey as f2p will be very slow, and Im wondering if the farming head start from pulling Rey from chroma is worth not having lumi until unlocking her through GW shipments. Is there someone else you think would be better from first chroma? I'm not sure if you can get poe.

What do you think?

If you are going droids on a fresh account, you don't need a healer on a droid team. You just need a taunter (i.e. Poe is best option, RG, Han....not chewy). Lumi is an awesome addition to any team except droids. If you are going droids for sure. Get Poe (whom is easily farmable currently) and get Poggle (also currently a rapid farm). Up to you whether to use Poggle or RK as a leader....but both serve their purpose well in the synergy side of it. I will send you a pic of a great droid combo in my server. This is a pic I am taking right now.
    BG78DX3.jpg
    As you can see....her toons aren't even max stars and can still take first everytime because her offense is way overpowered and her defense holds its own with Poe deterring and exposing/slowing down enemy speed. I can kill #2 and #4 with ease....but Reyia's droid team gives me some trouble. My only hope when battling her is to save my QGJ ability to debuff (for Poe) and he also gives offense up upon debuff. Droids are so solid with Poe. Hope this gave you a bit of insight.
    FTB
  • Gonakin
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, Bryan! I'm in the same server as you're, if you remember haha. Man, I had and idea for item I believe would just wreak havoc, but I can't actually play test it as I'm a F2P. The team is: QGJ lead, Yoda, Rey, GS and Poggle (but it can be replaced). As it seems it is pretty similar to skywalker's team, but Yoda tenacity on turn 1 combined with Rey one hit kill should be pretty OP. If you want to test it sometime, I'm interested in the results. Thanks :D
  • Options
    Gonakin wrote: »
    Hey, Bryan! I'm in the same server as you're, if you remember haha. Man, I had and idea for item I believe would just wreak havoc, but I can't actually play test it as I'm a F2P. The team is: QGJ lead, Yoda, Rey, GS and Poggle (but it can be replaced). As it seems it is pretty similar to skywalker's team, but Yoda tenacity on turn 1 combined with Rey one hit kill should be pretty OP. If you want to test it sometime, I'm interested in the results. Thanks :D

Hey brother. Of course I remember you. I'm scared of that combo only because Rey, QGJ, and Yoda have such low health that they would need a taunter or healer to help them out. But I would be glad to test it out for you in the future brother!
    FTB
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hey brother. Of course I remember you. I'm scared of that combo only because Rey, QGJ, and Yoda have such low health that they would need a taunter or healer to help them out. But I would be glad to test it out for you in the future brother!

Just putting my 2 cents out there. I run that squad. FOTP instead of poggle tho. Finishes teams off quick on offense. Not sure how it is on defense but I've never used a healer or taunter with it. I don't really drop out of top 5 .

• Options
    jZF4CxS.jpg

A list of some of my toons unlocked.

Would you consider 7* ing Leia for me?

Thanks,
    Alex
  • Options
    Also, would you consider 7*ing RG for my account?

Thanks again,
    Alex
  • Options
    Tony167 wrote: »

Just putting my 2 cents out there. I run that squad. FOTP instead of poggle tho. Finishes teams off quick on offense. Not sure how it is on defense but I've never used a healer or taunter with it. I don't really drop out of top 5 .

Ok. Cool man. I will try it out. In my server...top guys are a little faster than mine....I suppose they are wealthier or they are luckier on getting gear probability. Therefore, I always have to worry about their QGJ and GS getting the jump on my QGJ and GS. I always finish in top 3 as I can wreck them when I'm on offense, so I suppose it doesn't matter very much....I will definitely upgrade it and give it a go.
    FTB
  • Options
    puppyCasey wrote: »
    jZF4CxS.jpg

A list of some of my toons unlocked.

Would you consider 7* ing Leia for me?

Thanks,
    Alex

Leia isn't too pertinent in my game right now. I don't use her in Arena....but she helps out in GWs a lot. RG, on the other hand, yes. He is the newest best thing man. His auto taunt is great....even if it isn't his turn he taunts as soon as a toon drops below 50% on your team. If you had a rebel team lined up, Leia would be a must....but she is secondary to many on top speed meta teams. Hope this helped you bro
    FTB
  • Options
    Here is the current lineup and my FOTP damage. He is a beast!!!!!!
    FbhOuCw.jpg
    jotCTH7.jpg
    FTB
  • Options
    Btw. Kit Fisto is horrible and was a huge mistake leveling him up. He is unbelievably weak for being a "high damage" toon. He hits at his current level way lower than what Lumis basic attack is.
    FTB
  • Bryan1986
    529 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My best advice to all....DONT UPGRADE KIT FISTO. HE IS WEAK AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He does have the highest health of any of my toons....but the lowest attack damage in real game. What a loser.
    FTB
  • Options
    Wow. I missed the update to Royal Guard until you mentioned him here. That looks awesome. He's going to be a distraction for me, I can already tell. He just looks like a heck of a lot of fun to play with.
  • Options
    Do you have Grevious yet if so is he worth the grind?
  • Gonakin
    35 posts Member
    Options

Thanks, man. That's the team I'm going to focus on really late game, since Rey is such a slow farm. But Poggle could be replaced by RG (I've seen a guy run exactly the same team I mentioned but RG instead of Poggle). I was theorycrafting on this team after I realized Yoda could buff Rey for an instakill with his tenacity up, Poggle is too slow for that so replacing him would probably work for the best. RG would be useful for defense only, as in offense you can kill a toon a turn with Rey, GS and QGJ. But if you get your toons to max gear, it is certain that you will be getting yoda in first turn. IMO Phasma would be the most effective replacement. Her turn meter control is just awesome in a team with so much damage. Poe and RG could also be considered, but I really don't see them as required. But yeah, I just want to be able to understand the true power of this team, hahaha. I'm not even close to it (rey is 27/80, and let's not even talk about getting yoda), but I guarantee it man, you would have 0 troubles with the speed meta even when level 90 comes (Rey will be the fastest toon. Combine her with QGJ and you have yourself an unbeatable team).

• Options

Thanks, man. That's the team I'm going to focus on really late game, since Rey is such a slow farm. But Poggle could be replaced by RG (I've seen a guy run exactly the same team I mentioned but RG instead of Poggle). I was theorycrafting on this team after I realized Yoda could buff Rey for an instakill with his tenacity up, Poggle is too slow for that so replacing him would probably work for the best. RG would be useful for defense only, as in offense you can kill a toon a turn with Rey, GS and QGJ. But if you get your toons to max gear, it is certain that you will be getting yoda in first turn. IMO Phasma would be the most effective replacement. Her turn meter control is just awesome in a team with so much damage. Poe and RG could also be considered, but I really don't see them as required. But yeah, I just want to be able to understand the true power of this team, hahaha. I'm not even close to it (rey is 27/80, and let's not even talk about getting yoda), but I guarantee it man, you would have 0 troubles with the speed meta even when level 90 comes (Rey will be the fastest toon. Combine her with QGJ and you have yourself an unbeatable team).

Yeah man. Slowly getting Rey up. Almost have her 6 stars now. She is a tough one to grind on. She is without a doubt an awesome attack and good speed.
    FTB
  • Options

Yes sir. I do have him....but I was told he isn't worth the grind because he synergies with droids....and can you imagine him passing taunt over to a weak droid? Game over.
    FTB
  • Niemsco
    104 posts Member
    Options

Yes sir. I do have him....but I was told he isn't worth the grind because he synergies with droids....and can you imagine him passing taunt over to a weak droid? Game over.

A droid strategy may not be the way to go with grevious despite it appearing at the surface as a good choice. His taunt can be an issue like you said, but if pair him with RG,then RG will take over the taunt when gg goes below 50 percent if he is the first character to go below 50 percent which is likely the case. Then you surround him with two high dps characters like Rey and GS and use a Tanky healer like barris. Barris primarily to keep RG in the game and above 50 percent because of his stuns, and to absorb a gg taunt. But in the below set up by the time gg taunts the battle is over. I've been able to hold rank on defense better with the below setup over qgj, yoda, gs, Rey, and rg for example.

qs1b41.png
  • hnewton
    492 posts Member
    Options
    What do you think would be the best F2P team with Rey? ( I was lucky enough to start farming her right after I saw TFA just because I thought she was a cool character and now she's one of the strongest characters in the game)I only need 60 more shards for 7*.
This discussion has been closed.