Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback Thread

Replies

• Dabro112
    79 posts Member
    Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    How long ago was it now that @CG_SBCrumb said he'd be back to us by the end of the week. Was over 2 weeks ago? 3? More?

Any1 know?

He got so busy on that TB problem where it wasn't giving the correct amount of points.
  • Dabro112
    79 posts Member
    Options
    I think I dislike the raid less than the new community manager.
  • Fr_ed
    3 posts Member
    Options
    I’ll echo the boredom of running the lower tiers in a never ending loop, it’s not a lot of fun.
    Reducing the health of each phase so that the whole raid can be done in less than a day would be a big improvement.
    Perhaps also giving different shards on each tier, that would help a guild progress to the next tier, along with improved gear rewards would improve participation and general happiness within guilds too?

Something like...
    Wiggs/Chaze shards in T3
    Imperial Trooper shards in T4
    JTR team shards in T5
    Nightsister shards in T6

Or if you’ve got a better idea I’d be up for hearing it because something needs to change...
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie since you've popped into other threads a couple times today, would you mind popping into this one and addressing some concerns? It's only 22 pages of input with no response, so not nearly as long as the Ships 2.0 thread, but still.

Best,

V
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Carrie since you've popped into other threads a couple times today, would you mind popping into this one and addressing some concerns? It's only 22 pages of input with no response, so not nearly as long as the Ships 2.0 thread, but still.

Best,

V

All I can think is that they really didnt know how hated this raid is by very nearly everyone and they have no idea what to do or how to fix it.

This 1 piece of game content has hated mechanics, breaks up guilds, greates a huge power gap, takes too mucnn time, has terrible rewards and is generally not fun. How do hou fix it without scrapping it?
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    It seems P1 is definitely the worst phase, not only because he is an annoying ______, but because it also takes the longest, which is the biggest complaint across the board.

The Protection regen is silly on a Raid boss, they have so much health, why do it? Take that away probably solves the whole problem, and even let's lower leveled teams get in a little damage, win-win.

For Pete's sake though, please do something sooner, rather than later, what a killjoy it is, and one that never ends. 2 days would be fine, maybe even 3. 4 or 5, a horrible drag, that then repeats endlessly
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Jayjon, if the protection loss is removed, teams other than Jedi Training Rey would become viable. That's not intended !
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    Jayjon, if the protection loss is removed, teams other than Jedi Training Rey would become viable. That's not intended !

And yet JTR was nerfed because she overshadowed equally viable teams. For the life of me I still don't know what those teams are.

The protection should go either way. The bosses also need to be retuned to be more in line with the listed difficulty. My g11/12 toons should steamroll through a tier 2 boss only fearing an OHK ability or enrage. Yet except for sion that isn't the case. I don't see how a player that just meets tier minimum does more than 100k damage with their best teams.
  • Options
    By the response of the currently 51 page ships 2.0 AND 8 pages from the update on ships 2.0 thread, I'm pretty sure STR is here to stay as is.
    They're just going to either bore the community to push for hSTR or they'll just quit from said boredom and frustration.
    I guess it's one way to run a game.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Which is... So weird. Ships 2.0, while slightly messed up, is not near as egregious as the Sith Raid. The *only* people who are somewhat ok with the raid are the small percentage of the populous who can complete heroic... who are the mass majority of money spenders... ya... It isn't looking good...
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I will say this... I *want* to give them (CG) the benefit of doubt, that they are trying to make the best game they can. Because that makes them money. However I have a long history of playing games EA has ruined because they've rushed things, done a cash grab, failed to test things, and in general a history of not listening to their player base. I almost didn't play this game because it has EA attached to it. I want CG to be better. I hoped CG would be better. After the 22 pages of no response on this Sith Raid debacle thread they started, the obvious not testing, the not listening to the player base, and obvious cash grabs with new toons, and other things... I'm starting to question my decision to hope. I am starting to get the feeling of deja Vu all over again.

And shouldn't expect a response from Crumb... He's headed to the EA Play event...
  • rj_sb_jp
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hMctm_0RYwA#
    look at this.
    weak zombie ruins everything.
    i got fullgeared and i got nothing.
    what's wrong? this is total humiliation.
    some people must quit with this way.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Whole raid design made on %based attacks or close to infinity loop design with nightsisters is bad. Only p2 basically can be done by a choice - the rest is extremely limited or you will literally awful damage.

All tiers below 7 should be drastically hp nerfed.

P1 needs a full rework, p4 as well...they are no fun at all as randomness occurs on way too many places
    P3 needs foresight removed from swords
  • Options
    Page 22 maybe...

Do I hear page23?
  • Options
    +1 to every single criticism of the raid that's been posted here. It's so demoralizing , to put in all this time to unlock, level and gear these awesome characters with awesome abilities and then have them rendered completely useless by the raid bosses high tenacity. Take the bounty hunters for example. We were specifically told how they weren't going to be great in pvp and we're more for pve, and the sith raid was given as an example. I'm still **** about how after the rework it says in the description of greedo's one abiltty that the turn meter removal can't be resisted "except by raid bosses". I see no reason for that. Other characters have irressistable turn meter removal that still works on raid bosses. Why go out of your way just to stop this one? Was greedo going to cause some infinite loop? No. And on top of that, the ability clearly says CAN'T be RESISTED EXCEPT by raid bosses. Which should me that it CAN be RESISTED, not that it doesn't work at all. Sure, Sion is immune period. But the other two aren't. And then with the most recent update you say you fixed the bug where Greedo removed turn meter from raid bosses. Why is the players actually being able to utilize the characters abilities considered a bug? The sheer volume of things like this that happen is just maddening. I won't rant as long about it, but dengar never lays any bonus thermals on raid bosses either. All I ever see is the word resist fly across the screen a whole bunch, even if it's the first attack of a new turn. And IG88's target lock, forget about it.

Sorry. I ranted
  • Geshtianna
    241 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Which is... So weird. Ships 2.0, while slightly messed up, is not near as egregious as the Sith Raid. The *only* people who are somewhat ok with the raid are the small percentage of the populous who can complete heroic... who are the mass majority of money spenders... ya... It isn't looking good...

Whether people can clear the raid is focusing on the wrong thing. Every team that works can be obtained for free, so that's not the issue. Just need some time to farm and gear these characters, that's all.

The main issue can even be considered the opposite of buying your way to Traya shards. You can't spend on RJT, CLS, legendaries because they're time-limited events. You can't spend on Hermit Yoda or Wampa or zetas because it's a waiting game. You can't spend on your entire roster because only a few teams really work. The raid simply doesn't need you to have that many characters geared and modded.

The main issue is that you need very specific teams to clear. Either you have them, or you have no raid.
  • Emmant
    93 posts Member
    Options
    Time passes, reward structure remains the same.

Why is there no communication??
  • Options
    The entire word raid needs to be rethought. This is not a raid. A raid is every player goes in at the same time and does damage to the boss cooperative mode. What CG presents is a mini game that if 50 players start at the same time will never see the damage until 1 player looses to the boss which still does not affect the other 49 players until they complete the event or die. Raids happen at the same time with everyone contributing to damaging the boss in real time together. Not 50 stand alone events.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Pr0t0cl0wn wrote: »
    Page 22 maybe...

Do I hear page23?

How many pages will we reach by August?
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Pr0t0cl0wn wrote: »
    Page 22 maybe...

Do I hear page23?

How many pages will we reach by August?

• Options
    And shouldn't expect a response from Crumb... He's headed to the EA Play event...

Yeah, it's too bad that these forums can't be accessed by mobile devices, and you have to be sitting in front of your work computer to do your job.

• Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Whole raid design made on %based attacks or close to infinity loop design with nightsisters is bad. Only p2 basically can be done by a choice - the rest is extremely limited or you will literally awful damage.

All tiers below 7 should be drastically hp nerfed.

P1 needs a full rework, p4 as well...they are no fun at all as randomness occurs on way too many places
    P3 needs foresight removed from swords

Traya also needs a look at as I've noticed sometimes she'll go 3-4 turns at the enrage stage and not enrage but also start making 6-8 attacks.
    Geshtianna wrote: »

Whether people can clear the raid is focusing on the wrong thing. Every team that works can be obtained for free, so that's not the issue. Just need some time to farm and gear these characters, that's all.

The main issue can even be considered the opposite of buying your way to Traya shards. You can't spend on RJT, CLS, legendaries because they're time-limited events. You can't spend on Hermit Yoda or Wampa or zetas because it's a waiting game. You can't spend on your entire roster because only a few teams really work. The raid simply doesn't need you to have that many characters geared and modded.

The main issue is that you need very specific teams to clear. Either you have them, or you have no raid.

Don't forget that perversely those same teams you need for heroic are still the only ones that are truly good at lower tiers by virtue of mechanics even though a guild meeting the tier minimum cannot by design have those toons unlocked. It's maddening that whether it's tier 1 or 7 a JTR team will outperform all others since the mechanics are the same regardless of tier. Given that I have no idea how the devs expect a guild that only meets tier 1 requirements (1*, g5, lvl 40) could clear 1 raid in less than a month. Nor for that matter do I understand why the devs think we'd have fun on any other tier except heroic since the lower tiers aren't at all scaled to account for the absence of heroic tier teams.
  • Options
    I believe it has all been said.

We run a 38M GP guild and this raid is simply a chore with very poor rewards. The fact that most players simply "auto" most days it is a sign of exactly how bad it really is. Too RNG dependant, particularly in any phase 1 with Nihilus in. As the guild leader, I do try to set an example and attempt P1 without auto sometimes but the need to exit the game and retry multiple times before getting a decent run is just soul destroying.

A quick fix for the RNG issue with Nihilus would be to stop the reduction of his Annihilate cool downs. At least we could then have a chance to plan our attacks and use Unbreakable Will!

The lack of response from CG is also worrying.

One thing I do like, the removal of escape. There, ended on a positive!
  • Options

Yeah, it's too bad that these forums can't be accessed by mobile devices, and you have to be sitting in front of your work computer to do your job.

Yeah, it’s a shame there is zero mobile functionality on these boards...

Sent from my iPhone
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Bumping to see if we can get a response this week. In four days it will be a month since the dev's started this thread and there has been no feedback. There has been a ton of new content put out during the past month, which is what has kept the dev's pretty busy I'm sure, but now that we are through all the new stuff, any answers would be greatly appreciated.

I know it's not fun to work very hard on something, that I'm sure you were proud of, which receives overwhelmingly negative feedback, but here we are.

We are a 68M guild that runs the raid on tier 3, we run such a low tier because there are only about five or six of us in the guild that really tries to do anything but auto (if anything at all) on the raid. It is long, frustrating and really not worth the effort.
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    Bumping to see if we can get a response this week. In four days it will be a month since the dev's started this thread and there has been no feedback. There has been a ton of new content put out during the past month, which is what has kept the dev's pretty busy I'm sure, but now that we are through all the new stuff, any answers would be greatly appreciated.

I know it's not fun to work very hard on something, that I'm sure you were proud of, which receives overwhelmingly negative feedback, but here we are.

We are a 68M guild that runs the raid on tier 3, we run such a low tier because there are only about five or six of us in the guild that really tries to do anything but auto (if anything at all) on the raid. It is long, frustrating and really not worth the effort.

I would like to add that I LOVE the look, atmosphere, and feel of the raid.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Nitrogen wrote: »

I fully expect the developers to wait til about a week after the end of the jtr evemt to see if feedback changes. A lot of people have been pushing jtr for this raid saging zetas and gear to get the job done in this raid.

If every guild gets an extra 10 jtr in this event and we go from say 1% doing heroic to 10% doing heroic and every guild having at least 10 extra jtr to make a decent chunk out of phase 1 the balance of feedback may well change.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    I have JTR. The raid still absolutely sucks.

If they're waiting for a flood of JTR to fix the problem then they're completely out of touch with what the problem is.
  • Options
    Emmant wrote: »
    Time passes, reward structure remains the same.

Why is there no communication??

Because they don't care. It takes less than a minute to type what I've just done here. You don't have to get stuck answering questions, you don't have to go down every rabbit hole, etc. I'd rather have a total **** telling people to shut up and that they're not doing anything to change anything, rather than a smiling, pleasant fellow saying they're working on it, change won't happen overnight - generic, useless claptrappery.

Of course, I prefer nice over ****, but I prefer honesty even more. And it may not be Crumb's fault for the lack of communication. Maybe he wants to spend a lot of time here and someone higher up says no. I have no clue.

All I know is that the job of "community manager" is a farce.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    I have JTR. The raid still absolutely sucks.

If they're waiting for a flood of JTR to fix the problem then they're completely out of touch with what the problem is.

Yup. If they are, that would be a tacit admission that the lower tiers are completely over tuned for the level of player the descriptions are written to. In particular the ones that can't possibly even GET JTR.
This discussion has been closed.