Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Heroic
    144,870,000 GP
    Jtr/full resistance, palp/sith, NS, Chexmix,ewoks, Phoenix, scrubs lol
    Couple losses at the beginning made us a little angry from time to time and person to person. First win and that was quickly forgotten. Most fun raid and best rewards in a raid.
    Still hate being made to feel weak as a kitten and still I am attacking with my strongest teams. In time this will level out.

On a personal side note, I just unlocked Traya today and gotta say she is amazing to play with!!! Good job on her Devs! Can’t wait till she’s 7*!!!!
    Post edited by Sewpot on
  • Options
    24 pages of info from players wanting to help and only 1 cut and paste error response. This thread is as big of a waste of time as the Sith raid I’ll pass it on to 49 other members of my guild and other forums
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    24 pages of info from players wanting to help and only 1 cut and paste error response. This thread is as big of a waste of time as the Sith raid I’ll pass it on to 49 other members of my guild and other forums

This is actually a really good point. For months everyone below heroic has had their time wasted on this ridiculous raid. And somehow the find a way to waste more of it here. Maybe I should waste less time playing in general, as feedback is clearly not valued.
  • Options
    The cut and paste error makes it 100x worse because it proves that @CG_SBCrumb is actually coming here and reading it and just flat out ignoring the responses that HE ASKED FOR
  • Options
    I find it laughable that there has been no post by a dev that amounts to anything in a thread started by devs after almost a month. Not counting the accidental post. You ask for feedback and promise to deliver more communication and concern for your community. And then you abandon this thread. Well played.

15 pages ago, a simple post to say that you appreciate the feedback and are looking at it would have worked wonders. After 24 pages and absolutely zero response it just looks like you really don't care.
  • Options
    Back on Phase 4 again...it's still very much not enjoyable.
  • Possum
    28 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is as depressing as the STR raid. The silence is deadly and it’s creeping over into other areas of the game.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Possum wrote: »
    This thread is as depressing as the STR raid. The silence is deadly and it’s creeping over into other areas of the game.

Agree. This sort of middle finger communication really makes people wonder why they even bother, not just the Sith Raid, but for the game in general.

• DaFunk
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Hi @CG_SBCrumb I notice you are responding to posts on Reddit but haven’t responded to your own post on your own forums. You need some help bud?
  • Options
    I'm sure they are working on it in the background but no news is good news I guess, let them crack on and I'm sure they will get this rectified.
  • Options
    Yesterday I participated in a Sith raid for the first time in months - went to a laid back guild to avoid the kitten mess until my main guild had this on farm. Now that they have I rejoined the guild and got the rewards for a mid tier participation. Boy were they kitten, what have they done to the rewards in this obnoxious piece of kitten kaboodle...
  • Options
    Meanwhile many good players are leaving the game
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    2 long term players quit/took a break this week because they couldn't commit the time. That's what happens when 5 Sith Raid battles per day get added to your daily requirements. People just burn out.

• Options
    I'm sure they are working on it in the background but no news is good news I guess, let them crack on and I'm sure they will get this rectified.

That’s a good one! I needed that!
  • Mrtops
    80 posts Member
    Options
    The real reason they have not responded is that this feedback thread turned into a 24-page rant from a bunch of mad players who don't understand that they are working on fixing this raid to make it fairer for everyone. Things like raid reworks don't happen overnight they take time, be patient and I am sure they will deliver a fixed version of this raid that is good for everyone but you have to let them develop it out so that it does not just end up being worse than the current version.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    My guild recently bumped up to tier 6...and the rewards are still terrible compared to the amount of effort. I placed first, and I got like 2-3 pieces of 9 different salvage parts! It would be so much better to give me 10-20 pieces of a single salvage.

Honestly the most valuable part of the rewards is the extra guild currency, and the small amount of Guild Event Tokens.
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Mrtops wrote: »
    The real reason they have not responded is that this feedback thread turned into a 24-page rant from a bunch of mad players who don't understand that they are working on fixing this raid to make it fairer for everyone.

Prove this. Also - they asked players for feedback on an obviously-screwed up raid. A 24-page rant is half the size of the Ships 2.0 rant.

If they would say what you just said, it would tamp down the anger tremendously. What infuriates people at least as much as a poorly designed raid is the perception that EA/CG is pretends to care about player frustration but does not. That's deception and it's wrong. Is that what they're doing? I have no clue. All I know is that they haven't said squat here and it doesn't take that long to say - sorry, we're working on it. or sorry, this is a problem that is more complex than we thought or sorry, we're really trying to fix this and I simply do not have the time right now to interact with players right now, etc. One sentence. How long does that take out of anyone's working day?

• Options
    Mrtops wrote: »
    The real reason they have not responded is that this feedback thread turned into a 24-page rant from a bunch of mad players who don't understand that they are working on fixing this raid to make it fairer for everyone.

Prove this. Also - they asked players for feedback on an obviously-screwed up raid. A 24-page rant is half the size of the Ships 2.0 rant.

If they would say what you just said, it would tamp down the anger tremendously. What infuriates people at least as much as a poorly designed raid is the perception that EA/CG is pretends to care about player frustration but does not. That's deception and it's wrong. Is that what they're doing? I have no clue. All I know is that they haven't said squat here and it doesn't take that long to say - sorry, we're working on it. or sorry, this is a problem that is more complex than we thought or sorry, we're really trying to fix this and I simply do not have the time right now to interact with players right now, etc. One sentence. How long does that take out of anyone's working day?

For 2018... I'm worried that they can, and likely will, just make it worse.

Pretty sure CG is actually developing ANOTHER game right now and a majority of resources are going there, all those new hires are for that game, they don't have the manpower to do anything here but soldier on. I have no doubt that the Sith raids was supposed to dominate the game, keep us busy, while they took a chunk of time for their next game.... I guess it worked... I've been busy trying to keep people around and not quitting... and doing a poor job of it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I said it before and I'll say it again...worst thing they can do is nothing (or say nothing), next worse thing they can do is wait too long to do something (or say something).

They've succeeded in the 2nd worse thing they could do... I'm starting to wonder if they've already decided on doing the worst thing and not doing anything or saying anything...
  • Options
    So as near as I can tell from this thread...

- If your guild is over 135M GP, things are probably mostly "WAI".
    - If your guild is under 65M GP, things are also mostly WAI (although people still find it frustrating at that level, responses show many very young guilds are attempting/completing mid-range Tiers)

It's the guilds that are in between that range that are suffering the most. The closer your guild is to the middle of that sucks-to-be-you range, , i.e. 100M GP, the more players your guild is probably losing and the more likely you are to be doing the same Tiers as guilds with 1/2 or 1/3 of your guild GP.

Also, Tier 5 is mostly hated and Tier 6 is entirely hated regardless of the GP of your guild.

Does that sound about right?
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Options
    So as near as I can tell from this thread...

- If your guild is over 135M GP, things are probably mostly "WAI".
    - If your guild is under 65M GP, things are also mostly WAI (although people still find it frustrating at that level, responses show many very young guilds are attempting/completing mid-range Tiers)

It's the guilds that are in between that range that are suffering the most. The closer your guild is to the middle of that sucks-to-be-you range, , i.e. 100M GP, the more players your guild is probably losing and the more likely you are to be doing the same Tiers as guilds with 1/2 or 1/3 of your guild GP.

Also, Tier 5 is mostly hated and Tier 6 is entirely hated regardless of the GP of your guild.

Does that sound about right?

Not really. Pretty sure nothing is WAI since your GP numbers would likely be very different if players could field decent teams at the recommended specs for each tier. Heroic might be WAI, everything else is either completely screwed up or the devs put the wrong descriptions and rewards on lower tiers.
  • Graives
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Two people from my guild also quit recently. Pretty sure fatigue was the largest factor.

CG needs to ask itself this question: how much time is acceptable to ask players to play on a daily basis?

For me, personally, when a mobile game begins requiring an hour or more a day, it really starts to feel like a chore. And having to spend a good chunk a time every day doing non-heroic Sith tiers, in addition to everything else, is really sapping a lot of energy. It would be vaguely more acceptable if the rewards were worth the time... but even if they were, I think some level of fatigue would start pushing players out of the game.

So... find a way to reduce the time. If CG likes the current rewards, then at the very least... make the lower tiers easier to beat. Maybe just remove Nihilus' annihilate ability from the lower tiers... or something. Anything. Seeing people leave makes it easier for people on the cusp of leaving to just... go ahead and take that leap. Sooner or later, the drip-drip of leaving players could turn into a waterfall. Just sayin'.
  • Options
    Natos wrote: »
    Heroic might be WAI, everything else is either completely screwed up or the devs put the wrong descriptions and rewards on lower tiers.

The Tier descriptions might as well read "Requires two pickles and a piece of string" for all the good they do.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Biggest issue facing profits right now is a raid that's really easy for their whales to complete. Giving their whales a massive free advantage with both gear and an extremely powerful character. Where is there incentive to continue spending? They're set up. In addition all other players are put into a reward system that is down right awful which means if you aren't a whale your ability to stay competitive is massively hindered which reduces a desire to spend. If you are a whale you no longer need to spend money to keep your advantage. Either way this raid doesn't seem to have been implemented well with the balance of rewards let alone time commitment.

Maybe this is why there are 10 open positions at CG they are accepting applications for including several Sr. Director spots.
  • Options
    Page 25 maybe?
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    The entire word raid needs to be rethought. This is not a raid. A raid is every player goes in at the same time and does damage to the boss cooperative mode. What CG presents is a mini game that if 50 players start at the same time will never see the damage until 1 player looses to the boss which still does not affect the other 49 players until they complete the event or die. Raids happen at the same time with everyone contributing to damaging the boss in real time together. Not 50 stand alone events.

This is a mobile game. You can't expect 50 people to log in at the same time

You are correct. It’s a mobile game, so having an over tuned boss that does insane amounts of damage and negates everything your team does is also complete garbage. These are not raids. Raids are real time co-op defeating bosses that are tuned for however many people go in.

What CG has given us is a 50 man raid boss with the expectation that each player can do 2% damage per run to clear the phases. Everyone is complaining about the same thing, Nihilus and how ridiculous he is in phase 1 and phase 4. Remove Nihilus and the issue is solved. But to also slap everyone in the face further, they reduce expose to basically make RJT the only viable team when we all know she is a paywall locked toon, so typical EA money grab to recover BattleFront 2 losses.

Fly that EA flag proud. The Mouse cometh.
  • Options
    I think this feedback thread was the result of the "new guy initiation". They bring crumb in and say "Welcome to the team. The first thing we want you to do is go out and gather feedback. It will be very....cough...cough...useful for tuning the raid". They know what the feedback will be so they all go and have a chuckle when he actually posts it. The meeting the week of May 21st was probably when they finally clued him into the prank.
  • Options
    Are they ever going to fix the bug where you spend 25 mins on a run and then it locks up, no attack buttons, no retreat buttons etc? Sucks

Of course, they need to make this slog a lot shorter too, beef up rewards to match the slog, and also make the rewards tier actually give incentive for someone to compete in it, when you can just attack a few times and get nearly the same rewards as someone doing a one week slog why bother, which just makes it take even longer
  • Options
    OK now that we all got JTR, we can close this thread now, right?

---- secret wish of the CG producers who know better and see further than any of those puny whiny non-whale players ----
  • Options
    No
This discussion has been closed.