Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback Thread

Replies

• QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    xanderxman wrote: »
    This thread is already dead. Almost a month since an answer was supposed to be given. This entire thread has been a farce to make people feel good about being able to give feedback. Apparently there was no intention of ever making good on it. The length of time for a dev response basically proves that to be true. The supposed Community Manager has only managed to make the commmunity angry. Great first impression.

Yup, almost exactly what I said on page 2, a month ago. At least CG is nothing if not predictable.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Before you get too judgy on me, allow me to explain. The sith raid was supposed to be the ultimate end game content, the one raid that was going to challenge even the whale guilds, however my experience with it shows otherwise. My guild is capable of beating the raid within 12 hours and we aren't even whales. We even have a registration time of 12 hours to make sure everyone signs up. The raid fails to engage the entire roster since all it takes 3-4 teams for each person to beat it.

The raid has no diversity, p1 is nightmare to all squads unless you have JTR. That's literally 1 squad that does well, everything else struggles. P2 although it is the most diverse phase of the raid, it ends up being just different variations of Leia machine gun teams and hermit/wampa/Sabine combinations. P3 is where diversity goes out of the window because of the horrible isolation mechanic, no squad stands a chance because of it so everyone just uses the chex mix. It's a super boring phase because all it is is a bunch of restarts until you get Han to stand and then pew pew pew for 1 minute and done, cya next time. I think isolate should be removed so that more teams can come in and take advantage of the "topple" mechanics. Lastly p4, it's such an easy phase, nightsisters is the only squad to use until you kill Nihilus and that's not too hard. Then it becomes a piece of cake, just throw random stuff with no cohesion and just end it.

The raid has also too much RNG involved, which only encourages restarting over and over and over and over everything again until you get a good roll. P1 is total RNG since Nihilus has 50% chance to take an extra turn which makes his abilities unpredictable. P2 it's also a restart fest. "Did I build enough stacks quick enough?" , "Did Sion build too many stacks too fast"?

If I could sum up the problems with the raid it would:

1. No diversity in P1
    2. Too many healers needed but not enough good healers in the game.
    3. P3 isolate hurts diversity
    4. No use of the tenacity down debuff and no phase to use dots and other debuff heavy teams.
    5. Repetitive mechanics and the whole thing is too RNG dependent.

Personally I feel like the best raid in the game was HAAT pre BB8. The formula was very successful and I was always looking forward to raid. With the sith raid it's already gotten boring for me personally. The only reason I do it is for the gear and for Traya. Now I understand why heroic gives full pieces, because if it didn't nobody would do it once they had Traya at 7 stars.

Does anyone else agree with me?

hundreds of pages of people agree with you....don't mean CEO's or programmers care :(

If you count Reddit its probably more in the thousands. But yes, to your point, they couldnt care less.
  • Jos33680
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Don't blame programmers they do what top line managers tells them to do. Ask to whales to stop paying during one month and you will have answers :wink:
  • Jos33680
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Have a looke on the shares value since 5 years. You will understand why nothing will change
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty confident that we'll hear something not long AFTER the JTR event ends.

She's the one character that makes the raid tolerable for some. No way they're going to give any info about possible changes that could break the perception that you need JTR now, no matter what it takes, no matter what it costs.

Does that make it OK? Hell no. This is an absolutely massive failure on their part to not address the mountain of growing criticism and disatisfaction towards the raid. We don't want details on changes if there are any, we just want to know we've been heard and criticism has been taken on board.

The raid itself was a failure, but you can understand what they were trying to do. There's nothing wrong with trying your best and slightly missing the mark. We all do that. This thread on the other hand, is just a constant middle finger and a clear reminder that their word means nothing.
  • Options
    CJ, understood. Also didn't want to give the impression I was bashing you, I'm just a stickler for accuracy.
    ;)

No worries mate. When one quotes, it's probably best to quote accurately lol! :smiley:
    xanderxman wrote: »
    This thread is already dead.

In five succinct words this is basically what I was trying to say in far too many obtuse and meandering posts lol. Thank you.

• JCGray
    38 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    We play T4 mostly but have done some T5

104k+

I really only play phases 2 and 3 as nothing I have can do over 1 million points in phases 1 and 4.
    Empire team that I sometimes change the lead around to see if I can score better points.
    ZKRU, Phasma, FOO, Kylo, Executioner First Order team.
    A Luminara lead, Scavenger Rey, Grand Master Yoda, QGJ, and Mace team.
    Lando lead, St. Han, Cad Bane, Boba, +1 team.
    A Famrboy Luke lead mixed up team using my strongest toons left.

For most people without all the right toons built up, this raid is as horrible as the other raids. In most of these raids you have to have specific teams. Which if you do not have, the raid is no fun for you. But the super invincibility given to the Triumvirate takes the cake. I am personally not a fan of any of the raids.

I do not know why we are being asked our opinions because the people running this game have never really cared what we think (unless maybe it came from a whale). But they definitely have never really cared about the f2p players. But why would they? They do not have to do resource management or wait for 3 months for a toon to become farmable. They can just give themselves 7*, maxed ability, g12 toons. Their total lack of respect for the non-whale player base is very evident in this raid.
  • Options
    cicb8r9nd18b.jpeg
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

What Can CG_Crumb Do For Me?

I will have a variety of responsibilities as Community Manager but a core part of my day to day will be improving our communication with you. I want to let you behind the curtain as much as I can and bring you in on why we make decisions[...].

I expect a good part of my job will be handing requests from both sides trying to communicate and get more information about the other. Expect more on this topic later.
    This is not something that only I am passionate about improving but I have been told repeatedly, this is an important priority for us. [...] we will unrelentingly drive towards making it better. That’s my promise to you.

@CG_SBCrumb It appears that perhaps "core", "passionate", and "unrelentingly" do not mean what you must think they mean.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    Options
    i6z983n8zdb8.png
  • Options

Cuddlebear wrote: »

I will have a variety of responsibilities as Community Manager but a core part of my day to day will be improving our communication with you. I want to let you behind the curtain as much as I can and bring you in on why we make decisions[...].

I expect a good part of my job will be handing requests from both sides trying to communicate and get more information about the other. Expect more on this topic later.
    This is not something that only I am passionate about improving but I have been told repeatedly, this is an important priority for us. [...] we will unrelentingly drive towards making it better. That’s my promise to you.

@CG_SBCrumb It appears that perhaps "core", "passionate", and "unrelentingly" do not mean what you must think they mean.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    He's some advice. Give people doing lower tiers rewards that will actually help them build teams up to gear twelve so they can move up tiers to heroic. I get 15 random gear 10 pieces with half being scrap. It's not helping anyone move up and get better.
  • Options
    Cuddlebear wrote: »

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

f1o5knsgq35w.jpeg
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Pile wrote: »
    Worst thing about this raid is that you absolutely need one specific team to beat it. If you don't have the JTR Resistance team you're SOL. At least with the other raids there are a variety of options.
    On top of that you need to have that team up to gear 12. You need to invest at least 3 zetas into it. This would be fine if lower tiers of the raid helped you reach gear 12 or awarded you a certain amount of zeta materials, even one for completion. But as it is people throw themselves at a brick wall on tier 4 or 5 to get rewards that hardly help them prepare a team for the tank raid.

• Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Madpup wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    Worst thing about this raid is that you absolutely need one specific team to beat it. If you don't have the JTR Resistance team you're SOL. At least with the other raids there are a variety of options.
    On top of that you need to have that team up to gear 12. You need to invest at least 3 zetas into it. This would be fine if lower tiers of the raid helped you reach gear 12 or awarded you a certain amount of zeta materials, even one for completion. But as it is people throw themselves at a brick wall on tier 4 or 5 to get rewards that hardly help them prepare a team for the tank raid.

On top of that you need 20+ Squads of that G12 one team. If one guild member could solo it for everyone that would be one thing, but the fact that you need a full guild of this team makes it so hard for non all-whale guilds.
  • Options
    26 pages of complaints. 23 are probably repeated throughout but the point is clear:
    This Raid sucks. The rewards are trash. Guilds are collapsing. CG says next to nothing in over a month.
    What a game. What a company.
  • Options
    You know... Only be able to use specific teams like Jedi Rey might be WAI? They can't just pump up super meta toon everytime to sell.

So, they create specific toons that they can make $$. At the end of the day, it's their business.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that rewards and time spent do not justify the investment and on top of that there is always that "life cycle adjustments" or plain ol' nerfed in a very quick manner when the advantages are for CG.

If the advantages are not for CG, they simply delayed or choose not to fix it. Again, it's business but total disregard of customers ( non-paying or otherwise) is mind blowing.
  • Options
    This raid was handled badly from the get go. Teams were over performing so they nerfed the teams that worked. They nerfed expose which had major ramifications for all players reducing viable teams to Jedi Rey and Bounty Hunter detonators. The rewards are sub par except Heroic.

Now they release JTR again. Fine.
    They also release Solo toons which on average are $1500 for the team to 7*, which do very well in STR. Fine.

Still crappy rewards which don’t help anyone prepare for Heroic STR. We get more from HAAT and HPit. It gives whales an even bigger gap between the average player and themselves. The top ranked in my shard have in average Traya 7*, 50 level 85s at 7* GS 12 and a minimum of 32 zetas. I have 5 zeta working on 6. Can’t even compete with these people in Arena or Fleet. No hope of catching up to better my rank and get rewards.
  • Options
    The main problem I see is what has been said here many times. We only beat Heroic a few weeks ago and it was excruciating doing tier 5/6 and the pathetic rewards for 3 or 4 days of 5 teams every day was taking its toll on our members. We lost a few long time members along the way as the time sink and frustration coupled with prize boxes that were arguably worse than the Heroic Pit raid was the final straw for them. So participation was an issue and since we like to maintain a relatively laid back, fun atmosphere we honestly couldn't blame people for not joining in.
    It was an uphill struggle getting to heroic without breaking our guild apart and merging but with some key players joining us to replace those we lost we beat our first HSTR in just under 24 hours. The prize box took us all by surprise and our second raid took just 3 hours. Now everybody is fighting on a heap to finish as high as possible and just 3 weeks later we have a 24 hour registration period and the whole thing is cleared in less than 2 hours.
    The key thing to note here is that rewards garner participation and without full participation you will struggle to beat tier 5 or 6 in a time period that makes the measly rewards worth any kind of effort. Now I completely understand that if the rewards at lower tiers were too good then the lower ranked players would get to heroic faster than the developers intended but throw those players a bone. Even 10 cuffs/guns/droid callers at tier 5/6 would be far better than more challenge gear or gear that most players already have hundreds of. If you feel that participating in a raid is helping your progress in the game and really assisting in developing your teams then you are more likely to want to compete. It was the same with HAAT and Pit raid, tier 6 did not properly prepare you for heroic thanks to the massive health pool and rewards were derisory at best.
    The only advice I can offer to those at tier 5/6 is keep at it and don't bother with T6, it takes too long, does not prepare you for Heroic in any way and rewards are really no better than 5. Just do T5 every few days as a practice. If you can get 20 really good JTRey teams together you can beat phase 1 on Heroic and that's the hardest part. We are not a guild of whales although we do have a few spenders among us but we are mostly veterans with many of us being here since the very start. It took us almost 5 months struggling to beat HAAT and it eventually ripped our old guild apart and we merged. That was a very painful experience as many of us lost friends to other guilds and it took a lot of the shine off what had until that point been an enjoyable, social game where we had fun. We were determined not to go through that again but we did lose some good guys along the way and some of those were veteran day one players who called it a day because it stopped being fun.
    Point being if the rewards were more commensurate with the effort people would stop feeling like the raid was a pointless chore. Please reconsider improving rewards for the lower tiers especially tiers 5 and 6, they are very difficult and time consuming to take down and the poor rewards make it harder to get players engaged with the content. Once we got to heroic the rewards were suddenly well worth the effort and participation has never been higher, surely that's how the developers want their content to be played and appreciated?
    Do this and I think a lot of the complaints will go away. Once you get used to it the raid isn't that bad. Sure it's not that much fun but neither was the Tank raid for me until Wampa came along. This time next year we'll all be complaining that half the guild can solo the whole raid.
  • Options
    Tank raid is actually simpler with This team z7dlx3dw4dnl.png
  • Options
    I'm in a 50 million GP guild that does T3 and tried T4 recently but got back to T3 which we can finish fast enough to not waste tickets. We had no JTR in our guild until the event came back a few days ago.
    Participation is not very high but I can't blame anyone who does not want to attack in P1 and P4. The rewards are a joke compared to hRancor (dead in a few minutes) and hAAT that still takes a few hours depending on when our heavy hitters join in. No one in our guild likes the STR and the guild tokens are the only reason we are doing it.

Zader, Deathtrooper, Thrawn, Nihilus and either Shoretrooper (P1&P4) or scavRey (P3) is by far my strongest STR squad doing up to 3mil in P1, 5-6mil in P3 and around 2mil in P4 (Tier 3). Numbers in Tier 4 were not that different as Deathmark damage scales with health of the bosses. My other squads are Boba(L), IG88, Solo, GeoSoldier, Consular (next best team in P1 with up to 1.5mil), zKRU led FO, Rebels (Wiggs, CLS) etc.
  • Sacull_Kinslayer
    797 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    27? Maybe?

If we get to page 37 I'm totally pulling out a "in a row" comment...

And if there hasn't been a capital gains comment by then... Probably done from lack of hope...
  • Options
    Just adding my voice to the din in this "dead thread":

The Sith Tri raid sucks, and I'm not wasting my time on it anymore. The rewards are stupid weak for the length of time it takes to even dent their armour. It's odd to have an event in a game that is actually a very unpleasant chore.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Options
    Changed my mind. Finishing off Traya is even more irritating than DH in Phase 1. With only one character able to get a shot off in between her multi-hit turns, she gets to enrage after each character has only hit her 2-3 times. Just not fun. At all.
  • Options
    Just adding my voice to the din in this "dead thread":

The Sith Tri raid sucks, and I'm not wasting my time on it anymore. The rewards are **** weak for the length of time it takes to even dent their armour. It's odd to have an event in a game that is actually a very unpleasant chore.

3urt.gif
    ^this thread. It's just base hunger driving it forward now. But, stay tuned to episode 27 of The Walking Thread, where more people moan and groan and, if they're lucky, finally lose interest and go to sleep.
    tumblr_oli2cpESge1vunuxeo1_500.gif
    Might need to get serious and drawn up a "The Walking Thread" series....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb I see you responding in other threads tonight, care to come back to this thread you started and give us any possible update that you promised 3+ weeks ago?
  • Options
    Would you walk back into a firepit on purpose? He is done with this thread. He was done with it a long time ago.
This discussion has been closed.