Version Update 5/23/2018 [Mega]

Replies

• StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    I can't be the only one but I would really really really like to know why there is no mention of the PvE Ship Table.

There is a mention of it, you should go read the notes again.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    I can't be the only one but I would really really really like to know why there is no mention of the PvE Ship Table.

They did mention it. They just said "soon." Probably determining what rewards will be attached to the nodes.But yeah, it was the main thing I was hyped for as well.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    kevsmart wrote: »
    When multiple units gain Turn Meter and reach 100% Turn Meter simultaneously, those units now take their upcoming turns in order from highest to lowest initial Turn Meter.

This is a huge change that should have been given more attention than a footnote at the end of the patch notes.
    Hi folks, Just to be clear, this change is NOT in the new update. We apologize for the confusion. This was pulled before launch due to balance implications but slipped into the notes.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you would change the turn meter mechanics if we did decide to revisit this in the future.

Impressive I have to admit. CG went from having "The Best Update Ever!!!" to dashing the hopes of people who play a lot. I'm curious what the "balance issue" was that caused this to be taken out. To everyone I have talked to you just took out the best part of the update. And I agree with other's here. Having this be up to RNG just wrecks strategy. It allows people who don't understand the importance of mods or those who just don't farm them to get by thinking they are doing things right. It really won't change the balance as those with better mods will continue to be on top. All this does is frustrate the masses. Strategy is important. There is already enough RNG in the game. Don't squash the hard work of players.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    Also get rid of gear requests in guild chat, I know where to go to donate. I don’t need to see it every time I open chat.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    Nomad1941 wrote: »
    When multiple units gain Turn Meter and reach 100% Turn Meter simultaneously, those units now take their upcoming turns in order from highest to lowest initial Turn Meter.

This is a huge change that should have been given more attention than a footnote at the end of the patch notes.
    Hi folks, Just to be clear, this change is NOT in the new update. We apologize for the confusion. This was pulled before launch due to balance implications but slipped into the notes.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you would change the turn meter mechanics if we did decide to revisit this in the future.

Impressive I have to admit. CG went from having "The Best Update Ever!!!" to dashing the hopes of people who play a lot. I'm curious what the "balance issue" was that caused this to be taken out. To everyone I have talked to you just took out the best part of the update. And I agree with other's here. Having this be up to RNG just wrecks strategy. It allows people who don't understand the importance of mods or those who just don't farm them to get by thinking they are doing things right. It really won't change the balance as those with better mods will continue to be on top. All this does is frustrate the masses. Strategy is important. There is already enough RNG in the game. Don't squash the hard work of players.

Maybe the balance issue is “We really want Rex to stay arena-relevant.
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Please put the 100% TM fix back in. If not now, please explain why not this update, and please plan to put it in the next update.

This really is a bug/glitch/error with the mechanics of the game play. To ignore it, is to condone players exploiting bugs (in principal) , such that you currently don't have plans to fix it.
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Also get rid of gear requests in guild chat, I know where to go to donate. I don’t need to see it every time I open chat.

Just make a separate guild chat with everyone in it. The ability is there. I for one am glad it is in the chat. The guild I'm in fills donations in minutes. So this way I don't miss out as much.
  • Options
    How do we turn off random gear donations in guild chat? They are very annoying and take up almost all of the chat space. What's next, random chat snippets showing in the Guild Exchange? The items have nothing to do with chat. They're like random ads on YouTube.

At the same time, make the progress bar for donations larger in the Exchange. There's a HUGE amount of dead space there now.
    Screenshot_20180522_101107.png
    Or allow us to make a seperate donation channel taking out the donations from general chat.

• Options

Or allow us to make a seperate donation channel taking out the donations from general chat.

Or make a new channel and communicate there..
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

You're not. Honestly, it was the only part of this update I was looking forward to. And after seeing some of the UI changes (which really just seems to be moving a bunch of information and buttons around, but not really adding anything new) - it was the only thing I think I'll actually like.

The new ship functionality (which we are still completely in the dark about) has me more concerned than excited. Judging by the new ship bundles, it would appear that "Ships 2.0" is simply an opportunity for CG/EA to force-flip the meta and rework otherwise useless ships into powerful ones so they can re-sell the "new and improved" ships over those that people have focused on for the past year plus. Whatevs.

I hope I am wrong, but given the history of the way CG/EA "fix" things with this game... :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    It is true. When I read the TM rng bug was fixed... I was really, really happy. Oh well, I agree this is a missed opportunity to fix a bug. taking care of players who ignore a major aspect of the game and punish players who spend valuable cantina energy on finding good mods is a real downer.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Where can we farm the FO Stormtrooper now?

really? DS 2-A and LS 2-B
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like to say, I really like most of this by the way. I also don't love donations appearing in chat. Along with star and gear upgrades, actual conversation gets lost quickly. Would be great if there was a way to toggle those on and off.

Question for you on this as well @CG_SBCrumb :
    FREE SHIP OMEGAS AND REINFORCEMENT MATERIALS
    A one-time gift of Reinforcement and Ship Omega materials will be arriving to the inbox of all players at or above level 60! Reinforcement Materials will also be available on Cantina Node 6-A for a limited time. Use Reinforcement materials to power up the all-new Reinforcement ability on your ships! We'll remove Reinforcement material from the node with the release of the Fleet Battles table.

First, awesome, thank you.
    Will Ship Omega abilities be on the Cantina node as well? Will those be moving to ship nodes when that table opens up? Would be great for those to finally be accessible outside of the packs you sold a year ago. Instead of 6A (Barris... Really?), how about 6E where you just dropped Maurader? Or even one of/all of the nodes with an actual ship pilot?
    I know I know, we're the worst. Always asking for more things. ;)
  • Options
    "Removed incorrect patch note regarding multiple units gaining 100% Turn Meter simultaneously. This was removed from the final release due to balance implications."

Seriously? It should have always been that way and common sense. This is why proper modding should be important, not just good enough to have 1 toon empz/rex change the outcome.. How about properly modding your entire squad.
  • Options
    Patch Notes
    "Removed incorrect patch note regarding multiple units gaining 100% Turn Meter simultaneously. This was removed from the final release due to balance implications."

Seriously? It should have always been that way and common sense. This is why proper modding should be important, not just good enough to have 1 toon empz/rex change the outcome.. How about properly modding your entire squad.
  • Options
    Where the training events
  • Leon4107
    77 posts Member
    Options
    TM change was the best thing on that list!! My guild was ecstatic about it. That would fix the rng in arena and allow us to know if a affects b and c. I should know c will go first based off of TM percentage and speed. This would have fixed so much. I guess it was removed due to raids. It would allow some teams to get an extra few hits per enemy turn. For instance the NS with their TM train. Guess it would have been more OP than the 50% Damage on T7 P4 Nihilius.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Patch Notes
    "Removed incorrect patch note regarding multiple units gaining 100% Turn Meter simultaneously. This was removed from the final release due to balance implications.

Fleet Battles are locked for now, but are coming very soon."

TL;DR - The two parts that people would have liked the most, we took out. Because reasons.

May I suggest an abbreviated set of notes (above)? :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nomad1941 wrote: »

Maybe the balance issue is “We really want Rex to stay arena-relevant.

I would understand that they wanted to keep Rex alive if he was hard to get or something like that so that money can be earned (not meaning this as a bad thing, they run bussiness after all) but since he isnt i dont understand this
  • Leon4107
    77 posts Member
    Options
    I'm also scared of the useless ships getting a pack... makes me afraid they are the new meta. Forcefully changing the meta so that we have to panic farm or spend money on this. I have gone into ships hardcore and average 1st through 3. I dont share. I try and win. I spent MONTHS farming my ships particularly my Reaper with its golden crew. Hate the idea that this seems catered to those who said. Ships stuck. Incant scratch top 100. FIX THIS NOW! WHYNING. Then you guys caved in. Just because these guys who hated ships because they ducked at it and didnt put in the time or credits, they most now be made happy and screw the guys who have been working and fine tuning their strategies for months.
  • Options
    it would help all teams even Rex and Empz, to have the proper mods. Not rely on a vader or rex.. Rex teams could compete just as well with the change as their tm gain would go hand and hand with the vader debuffs going off. So if they had the proper speed they would still go first and not be a coin flip.
  • Aliea
    63 posts Member
    Options
    What will the cost of the packs be (credits or $$)
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    I'd appreciate a post with all the ship reinforcement abilities and all changes to all ships, please.

Having to manually sift through all the ships in-game and read the new abilities and try to remember how that compares to the original skills - and then ponder each of the reinforcement abilities individually is a huge undertaking. If the patch goes live mid-afternoon (my time zone) I'll have very little time to evaluate those changes and adjust my fleet and strategies before my fleet payout.
  • MAndrewMX
    101 posts Member
    Options
    Where do you see the guild reset time? I have it checked for 600 but I would like to know when the reset time is as it affects our guild raid times. Thanks
  • MAndrewMX
    101 posts Member
    Options
    MAndrewMX wrote: »
    Where do you see the guild reset time? I have it checked for 600 but I would like to know when the reset time is as it affects our guild raid times. Thanks

Nm found it top left
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    Options
    So what will the wait time between Ship battles be, now that battle time is reduced by 2.5 mins (from 7.5 to 5 mins)? And if it is larger then what it was, which was ~2 mins, can it be changed back to a 2 minute wait.

And please fix the previously noted UI issues (too much information, too small text/boxes, wasted space (donations), etc...).
  • Options
    Honestly, great update. I like the donations in chat. My guild uses discord so chat serves no purpose for us. This is a way to make it useful again, thank you. Also, I think adding the TM change back in is a good idea. Funny thing is, if it had never made it to the patch notes, you wouldn't have all this **** about something people didn't know they were missing. The auto launching and "zero-tap" function is also wonderful. Thank you for a great update.
    maximum effort

Angels Reborn
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    What exactly are you happy about with TM reverting to what it already was?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH