Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Options
    pepper10 wrote: »
    ZHunter99 wrote: »
    Here's a thought: What do you guys think about starting a droid guild?

Good idea. Have no idea how guilds will work though with different shards/time zones. But still, good idea to guild up with like minded people.

I'd suggest otherwise. A mix would theoretically do better, things keep changing.
  • Options
    pepper10 wrote: »
    ZHunter99 wrote: »
    Here's a thought: What do you guys think about starting a droid guild?

Good idea. Have no idea how guilds will work though with different shards/time zones. But still, good idea to guild up with like minded people.

I'd suggest otherwise. A mix would theoretically do better, things keep changing.

Well, people think Ewok guilds are a good idea, why not droids?
  • Options
    Saw a droid team at no 1 after a long time today in my shard. 47 l, 86, 88, Poggle and Phasma. I wonder how that plays out? Oh, my wife was having trouble getting no 1 against one particular RG G9/Han combo team with Poe. She finally beat that with Poggle, 88, 86, GS and Han. Han is really good with droids because of the protection.

@ZHunter99 , why not indeed!
  • Tayvyer
    115 posts Member
    Options
    I run a droid team as my A team, but is switching Poe out for Han a good idea and Poggle out for IG-100?
    I am Norwegian!
  • Options
    Tayvyer wrote: »
    I run a droid team as my A team, but is switching Poe out for Han a good idea and Poggle out for IG-100?

According to the droid user in the house, Han's much better than Poe. Poggle's still a very good leader, though and far better than 100 overall. Unless you have 100 already maxed, I wouldn't use him at all right now. Maybe for a test drive...
  • Tayvyer
    115 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    According to the droid user in the house, Han's much better than Poe. Poggle's still a very good leader, though and far better than 100 overall. Unless you have 100 already maxed, I wouldn't use him at all right now. Maybe for a test drive...

Well, I don't use Poggle for his leader ability and never understood how he can even compete against HK as the leader
    But thank you! I will start farming Han right away!
    I am Norwegian!
  • Options
    Tayvyer wrote: »

Well, I don't use Poggle for his leader ability and never understood how he can even compete against HK as the leader
    But thank you! I will start farming Han right away!

The offense up is good, his ability block comes in handy and his dodge rating will sometimes really come in handy. I've seen him win 1 vs 1 scenarios enough times because of his dodges, lol!

But, you're right, I personally prefer 47 lead with Han but my wife the droid commander would rather drop 47 than any of the others.
  • eliza
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Just wanted to drop in and say I've been playing droids for the past few weeks with a Dooku lead and it's ... uh.. pretty good...

Dooku (L), Poggle, 86, 88, Poe -- Dooku's lightning eliminates the danger of QGJ removing Poe's taunt (since he's stunned), and Poggle's offense up + 86/88 generally kill at least 2 of the other team before Poe dies. Beyond that, Dooku's ridiculous leader ability makes for an almost unkillable Poggle with 86 and 88 alive, and if you're lucky (random) enough for 86 or 88 to dodge an early attack, all the better.

We'll see how it is on defense, I guess, but even with a 6-star Poe it's really strong offensively:
    2016-04-24%2010.04.46.png
  • Options
    Sorry - if we talk about droidteams, its not meant: 3 random characters + IG 86 and IG 88... it is the same, if we would talk about jedi teams and the only jedi are Qui-Gon and Luminara ;)

Droidteams should formed with (at least) 3 Droids, since we have 5 Droids in the game already. Sure one of them is really hard to get, but you can easily build a squad with 4 Droids (HK, IG86,88,100) and fill the last spot with Poogle, or try to find room for a tank (Han, Poe, RG).

Without GS i see no way Poogle would be a stronger leader than HK if you run a real Droid-Team.

I currently run: HK (L), IG 88, 86, 100 and Poogle and it works fine for me.

IG-100 gained a good boost from the last patch and offense down on basic (+counter attack) is very nice.
  • Tayvyer
    115 posts Member
    Options
    Getting nervous now, should I keep farming my 5* Poe for my droid team (HK, 88, 86, Poggle, Poe) or keep farming Han, Han has less life, but his ability is good, but if he get killed fast, he is pretty much useless for the entire team
    I am Norwegian!
  • Options
    Han. Every elite team had a taunt debuff on their side. Poe is completely worthless after losing his taunt. Han at least provides a bit more utility.
    My droids are really struggling due to taunt breakers on the other side and nothing on my side. Grinding through a RG taunt after QGJ broke my taunt and providing OU is tough to overcome.
  • Options
    Han.

My wife's success rate has risen much higher and she doesn't drop as often consistently since she swapped out Poe for Han. No 1 most days.
  • Tayvyer
    115 posts Member
    Options
    Han. Every elite team had a taunt debuff on their side. Poe is completely worthless after losing his taunt. Han at least provides a bit more utility.
    My droids are really struggling due to taunt breakers on the other side and nothing on my side. Grinding through a RG taunt after QGJ broke my taunt and providing OU is tough to overcome.

I haven't experienced any problems with Poe, yet, maybe because everyone outrank me and QGJ goes first, so just focus him down and no problem. Just ensure you have something ready to Poe out for (RG or STHan) and you will do much better. Being slower is a good thing since QGJ is so fast.
    I am Norwegian!
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    I still value the 20% TM reduction on the faster taunt from Poe as slightly more important than STHan’s contributions. Once Han taunts, it gets dispelled, and he’s safely ignored until the fight is over as a contest. I don’t feel his passive does enough to tip the balance. In a Poggle/GS/86/88/Poe team, clearing one enemy in the first round before a taunt (and hopefully landing some ability blocks with 88) is still a key to victory at the top end. Especially against a team with a gear 9 RG – there’s no luxury of a dispel, so leaving an enemy character vulnerable to 86 being able to polish off an enemy without triggering a taunt (and also clearing Foresight without wasting an attack if Rey has it up) is very important. With STHan, usually the entire enemy team has already acted, so although you slow down their second round, having lost the initiative on the first round makes a major difference. I’d only swap Poe out for a strong RG with that lineup (or Sun Fac, who’d have more synergy again).

With an HK-47 led team, you’re usually surrendering the first round initiative anyway. Now STHan makes more sense IMO – the crits get the droids rolling, and Han’s turn meter shenanigans add to the meatbag mayhem. Looking forward to 47’s level 80 leader improvement, 47-led teams may well be competitive at the top of mature leaderboards again.
  • Options
    Any Poe droid team will land you 50-100 in my arena. I'll see how Han does with 47 later this week.
  • Options
    There's a droid lineup sitting at #4 in my league running Poggle (L), IG's, GS & HK..

Any merit to this lineup?
  • Options
    Zippednut2 wrote: »
    There's a droid lineup sitting at #4 in my league running Poggle (L), IG's, GS & HK..

Maximum burst firepower, pure and simple.
  • Options

This team could be susceptible against an old speed DPS team with GS and Rey. With droids I would always suggest a taunt just to try and keep them safe.
  • Options

This team could be susceptible against an old speed DPS team with GS and Rey. With droids I would always suggest a taunt just to try and keep them safe.

So you dont think it could stay below say rank 20 or 25?

• Options
    As long as you play aggressively 2 hours before payout time and fight 10 battles instead of fine, there's no reason any version of a droid team can't keep top-20.

I have a feeling that at 80 the HK-lead team with Han will be the top dog, and right now I would swap Poe out for Han for sure (plus, his resource is easier to get, generally speaking). I feel that the TM combination of those two will be incredible. There's a lot of room for that 5th slot, too after the three main droids; currently I would go with Poggle for the speed buffs and Han. Once Poe got nerfed and protection added, I agree that he just isn't strong enough in the current meta.

I feel like a Poggle (L), IG86, IG88, GS + Han team would work equally well as a HK-47, IG86, IG88, Poggle and Han team right now, and those are the two ideal combinations until level 80.

Myself, I sadly slunk away to a Dooku, RG, QGJ, GS and IG86 team. My shame is strong, but I will always keep my droids around and ready for action.
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Proud Consular.
  • Options
    Has anyone tried Qui-Gon Jinn in the Spot of Poogle? (Not as a leader, because HK-47 is simply the best leader for a full Droid Squad)

I currently run: HK(L), IG86/88/100 and Poogle - works good so far (Arena top50 as FTP).

But i thought about Qui-Gon because he is also a good attacker and his Harmonious Assault Attack grant +75% Damage to the Ally (should be nice with IG86/88) and with Omega Mats the Ally gain +20% Health back. The main thing i thought about a Poogle switch would be Humbling Blow, not only it will remove taunt (or any other stuff) it will also grants Offense up for 3 turns (like Poogle). The question is, how good is Poogles Speed Up if you have HK as a Leader. Minor Note, IG-100 will Speed (and Offense) Buff itself and HK will also Buff himself with Offense Up, so the only ones who really profit are IG86 and 88 which are also the first targets for the enemy. With Qui-Gon you maybe have another good attacker in your Squad.

I ask because my Qui-Gon is not maxed out yet and i run mainly Droids at every game state (and it should take a while until i get my Jawa Engineer).
  • Options
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    ...because HK-47 is simply the best leader for a full Droid Squad....

Highly subjective. My wife makes no 1, with Poggle(L), 88, 86, GS and Han. F2P squad and all maxed without the pre-crafted gear. She couldn't make her maxed HK work in the top 5. It'll depend on the opponents you face and the way you play. The toughest for her is a Han (L), RG, QGJ, GS and 5 all maxed and at least QGJ and RG at G9. She wins 2/3 against that team. Both are lvl 77 teams.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Highly subjective. My wife makes no 1, with Poggle(L), 88, 86, GS and Han. F2P squad and all maxed without the pre-crafted gear. She couldn't make her maxed HK work in the top 5. It'll depend on the opponents you face and the way you play. The toughest for her is a Han (L), RG, QGJ, GS and 5 all maxed and at least QGJ and RG at G9. She wins 2/3 against that team. Both are lvl 77 teams.

Sure but this is no real Droid Team (it only uses the best DPS Droids) ;)

Poogle is simply better in your team because you will also support GS and since Han fills another non Droid-Spot. In this Team HK is not better, right - but as i said it isnt a real Droid Squad (over the half of the team is no Droid^^). As i said above, i will also call no team "a Jedi Squad" if the only run Lumi and QGJ with various other charakters.
  • MalEliza
    132 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    How far does her rank drop in the 23 hours after payout?
    I run Phasma (l), 88, 86, Poggle and Han. They always get me in the top 10, usually in the top 5 and sometimes even #1, but I drop to 25-40 every day.
    I'm farming HK and GS, but they both are only 5* at the moment.

• Options

Sure but this is no real Droid Team (it only uses the best DPS Droids) ;)

Poogle is simply better in your team because you will also support GS and since Han fills another non Droid-Spot. In this Team HK is not better, right - but as i said it isnt a real Droid Squad (over the half of the team is no Droid^^). As i said above, i will also call no team "a Jedi Squad" if the only run Lumi and QGJ with various other charakters.

Well, before you came along, everybody was running this squad and calling it a droid team. Poggle/ GS and Poe have always been an integral part of what 99% of us were calling a droid team. Semantics.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    MalEliza wrote: »
    How far does her rank drop in the 23 hours after payout?
    I run Phasma (l), 88, 86, Poggle and Han. They always get me in the top 10, usually in the top 5 and sometimes even #1, but I drop to 25-40 every day.
    I'm farming HK and GS, but they both are only 5* at the moment.

Usually in the top 20, nearer to top 15. She used to drop into the mid 30s to 40s running Poe.

Edit: It seems she dropped to 46(!!!!!) last night!
  • Options
    I was working towards arena team of

dooku (L) for the dodge chance
    Daka
    IG88
    IG86
    HK47

would make a nasty little team to play against if it gets rolling. Not so sure now with the change to counters, but will still give it a go. I could change HK for a number of other toons with this setup BUT want to keep majority droids on the team

• Options
    I was working towards arena team of

dooku (L) for the dodge chance
    Daka
    IG88
    IG86
    HK47

would make a nasty little team to play against if it gets rolling. Not so sure now with the change to counters, but will still give it a go. I could change HK for a number of other toons with this setup BUT want to keep majority droids on the team

HK is underwhelming to say the least if he's not leader.
  • Options
    My plan is to use hk47 (L) ability8 on leader skill, ig86,ig88,jawa engineer, not sure on the last spot might farm jawa or ig100 from squad cantina, or use a non droid/jawa tank
  • Options
    Been puting everything into jawa engineer and started working on ig-100 got him nearly 5*. I have: HK, 86, 88, poggle, gs, han all maxed what should my squad be?
    I'm thinking hk lead, 86, 88, engineer, poggle. Mainly because poggle's 2 turn ability block can be fairly important, he has good dodge with 3 droids, and he still gives offense up for downing guys. Though gs could help with dps and ig-100 when maxed may be worth a try. Pretty sure I don't want to go with han simply because of engineer's revive not synergizing well with han.