Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Options
    VinceG wrote: »
    I've found a decent team to use with ig-100, it's starts with hk47 lead ig 86 ig-100 poggle and kylo ren, it creates a fun tanky offensive anti Jedi team, they usually can survive the barrage of fast qgj teams and when it finally becomes your turn the power of the aoe with offense up from poggle and Debuffs from hk 47and ig-100 is devastating kylo Rens aoe damage is great with off.up, Plus crits and turn meter gain ig 100 probably gets the most attacks per match and the health is great to survive late into matches and Hk47 almost always revives. Very good against Jedi teams and dooku, currently sitting at 29 rank on December server

Sounds like a fun team that lacks intiative but more than makes up for it with durability and momentum when it does get to move. Your team makes the most of HK-47's ability, the synergy of HK-47 with IG-100 must be so much fun.

Only problem is, IG-100 is a LOOOOOONNNNGGG farm for non-whales.
  • Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    Hyperalloy wrote: »
    @Hyperalloy

That's a big drop in rank. At the moment I'm writing this I'm sitting at rank one. Still no major drop yet. The most I've dropped is to 11 at one point. I'm using Poggle (leader), GS, Poe, IG86, and HK47 atm.

GS is one of the best character you can farm as he plays a central role in a Poggle led team. You need to get him to 7* asap with gear IX. Those cuffs sure take time but are so worth it.

I use Phasma in my main account in a QGJ led team. I have no trouble maintaining rank one at prize time there with Poe as well for TM manipulation.

In my opinion classic led HK47 teams are getting picked more often than Poggle led ones.

Speed meta have made the droids/Poe meta much less popular than before. Nowadays QGJ led team are a dime a dozen. I've also seen a rise in Dooku led teams. There are still many Sid/Phasma led teams in my main's shard.

No wonder, on a young shard droid teams still instill fear to relative newbies, but I started this game from October IIRC and on my shard, no one in the top 200 is less than 25,000 power, with over 28,000 power squads here and there and what seems like a strong mix of both whales and FTPs.

@Hyperalloy

It's no longer a young shard. Everyone is level 70 and I fight 27/28k power teams all day, every day. I do get pushed back but then I do battles again to get to the top. You lose far fewer ranks at the top. Your server have too many whales. On mine there aren't that many whales luckily. I got to know a few of them and they have different payout times so it all works out. On my main's server I noticed a few actives at my payout time. They sniped me a few times but they quickly learnt that I'm relentless in using crystals for more battles so they basically leave me alone and settle for lower ranks at 6 p.m my time. I always have a few thousand crystals there just in case I need them for 'emergencies'. :)

I see, good to know that things are less manic over there on your droid shard. You're correct that there are huge whales on my shard and a few of them I'm absolutely sure are blue whales judging by their squads of multiple fully starred chromium only Jedi, 7 star Leia, etc.

As it is, I'm now switching between my droid focused and speed focused QGJ led teams, depending on the squad I face. Sadly, my QGJ is still 7 days away from 6 stars to ensure more reliable triggering of my 5 star fully levelled and geared RG's auto taunt, as well as maximize his chances of finishing some dangerous DPS on round 1. It's a long farm, but I've planned to fully star RG due to his sheer usefulness for almost any squad I can come up with. My lvl 70, 4 star GS is still 11 stun cuffs away from accessing G9. I'm now using all my cantina energy on this guy to star him up ASAP due to his sheer usefulness in almost all squads.

Same here on my soft-launch veteran shard in terms of squad compositions, QGJ led speed teams are now numerically dominant, with Dooku led squads on the rise as well. Dooku lead with old Daka onboard can potentially Troll opponents enough to drive up smartphone sales...

@Hyperalloy

It's funny to see so many whales having all characters at 7* level 70 and still using F2P heroes in their teams! I've seen the rosters of a few members on my shard and they literally have everything, even CG! I still have so many not activated, with a red 1 circle to the upper left side waiting for lucky bronzium pulls. I don't need so many characters anyways, not enough ability material mk III and no credits to even level to 70 let alone star them.

It is much less hectic on the droid shard than my main shard. I'm slowly bringing a Jedi team to 7*. It will take a while but I'm thinking of making a Jedi/droid hybrid team to be able to compete with the speed teams. Farming all the characters is very slow, with many only available through the hard nodes such as RG or Rey or the Ewoks.

I started farming QGJ and stopped Poe when he got to 6*. Now my QGJ is 6* but put on hold till my Poe is 7*. Nearly there, my Poe is 70/100. I wanted Poe to be 7* as I wanted a bit more health and damage from him. Indeed RG is so useful but is such a slow farm. By the time I complete him two or three more meta would have already been out by then and level 80 too.

GS though is very easy to farm. Everyone can get him- he is in the first node of cantina so even newbies who just started can have him. He was my first 7* if I remember correctly. Either him or IG88 as arena shards are easy to come by with rank 1 every day.

Haha I bet those Dooku teams on their own are increasing recycling of phones plus purchase of new handsets :D Keyboards and mices sales have increased as well from people using emulators on their PCs.

Yay! Got those 50 cuffs. Gear level 9 coming up...

OUCH! still need 19 more mk 2 bacta gels and 39 more hairdryers...

Better start grinding out those mk 2 bacta gels first, 143 speed won't cut it, need all 149 speed.

46 more shards to 5 stars.
  • Options
    Hi Reyia, I fought your team today in GW and noticed you dropped Poe for Hk47. I was wondering how dropping Poe is working out for you? I decided to drop Poe this week as well. I have been building a droid team, but am missing Hk47. Currently I am running Poggle, IG 86, Geo, Lumi, Sid. I have 1 more * to go on 88 and was planning on switching out Sid for 88 and considered swapping Lumi for Poe, but now I am not so sure. On my server, only 2 teams in the top 20 has Poe on it. Poe is great when his expose lands on a couple of toons, but some days he exposes no one. By the way, your droid team was killing my A team, but I retreated and switched out 86 and Sid for Eeth Koth and Jawa and they were able to take care of them pretty easily as your droids were stunned the whole time after Jawa and Ek went. I still think this could be a great team in the new meta. My server is very old and every one in the top 10 is running Dooku dodge teams and Qgj speed teams. Clone teams were dominating, but the clones have all switched to Dooku now. It will be interesting to see what happens after the combat update.
  • Options
    Hi Reyia, I fought your team today in GW and noticed you dropped Poe for Hk47. I was wondering how dropping Poe is working out for you? I decided to drop Poe this week as well. I have been building a droid team, but am missing Hk47. Currently I am running Poggle, IG 86, Geo, Lumi, Sid. I have 1 more * to go on 88 and was planning on switching out Sid for 88 and considered swapping Lumi for Poe, but now I am not so sure. On my server, only 2 teams in the top 20 has Poe on it. Poe is great when his expose lands on a couple of toons, but some days he exposes no one. By the way, your droid team was killing my A team, but I retreated and switched out 86 and Sid for Eeth Koth and Jawa and they were able to take care of them pretty easily as your droids were stunned the whole time after Jawa and Ek went. I still think this could be a great team in the new meta. My server is very old and every one in the top 10 is running Dooku dodge teams and Qgj speed teams. Clone teams were dominating, but the clones have all switched to Dooku now. It will be interesting to see what happens after the combat update.

EK has a good chance of stunning or at the very least almost ability block a dangerous 1-shot droid like IG-86, especially with QGJ lead to make sure he moves before Poe. Againt a Poeless droid team, a maxed out Jawa is crippling.

This is why no adequately informed individual in their right mind would look down on EK and Jawa. Rock paper scissors, as much as people complaing, sometimes for the wrong reasons, the meta is now much more diverse and healthier overall.
  • Options
    Hi there, I was wondering if you, or anyone else, has tried running Stormtrooper Han with droids? I want a tank to go with my droid team and was really looking at Han because of his turn meter gain and how it stacks really well with HK-47's leader ability. Considering he is easier to farm compared to Royal Guard or Poe (for me anyways as I am currently leveling up my Qui-Gon Jinn first), I was curious how he would work out.
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you droid runners but I have been struggling lately with my droid team. Poggle (L), GS, 88,86,Poe. Everyone is 7* max gear.

It seems the speed and dodge teams were just too difficult. While dodge is still an issue I have found swapping out 88 for Phasma (also 7* max) has helped a lot.
    Phasma doesn't get killed in like 88 and when she fires off Victory March the 50% turn meter gain, added to the speed bonus from poggle gets in some valuable extra attacks for the heavy hitters. Also the defence penetration combines nicely with the damage buff from poggles offence up buff (ability and leader)
    I know this isn't an original or new strategy but thought I would share just for information. As I managed to finish 2nd on my server today

Also looking forward to the changes to phasmas defence penetration to guarenteed crits, will be fun to play with :-)
    Post edited by Pooket on
  • Options
    Pooket wrote: »
    I don't know about the rest of you droid runners but I have been struggling lately with my droid team. Poggle (L), GS, 88,86,Poe. Everyone is 7* max gear.

It seems the speed and dodge teams were just too difficult. While dodge is still an issue I have found swapping out 88 for Phasma (also 7* max) has helped a lot.
    Phasma doesn't get killed in like 88 and when she fires off Victory March the 50% turn meter gain, added to the speed bonus from poggle gets in some valuable extra attacks for the heavy hitters. Also the defence penetration combines nicely with the damage buff from poggles offence up buff (ability and leader)
    I know this isn't an original or new strategy but thought I would share just for information. As I managed to finish 2nd on my server today

Also looking forward to the changes to phasmas defence penetration to guarenteed crits, will be fun to play with :-)

The change of Advantage from defense penetration to guaranteed crit is an admission that armour defense is utterly meaningless in this game. I've gone as far as starting a thread about how defense up should be revamped and even showed the math that proves how silly the armour mechanic in this game is, where a maxed out CT5555 has the same damage mitigation % as a freshly unlocked version of himself. Instead of fundamentally reworking how armour and defense up as they should have, they make things even more complicated by adding a fortitude mechanic, which will only make balance calibration even more of a nightmare.

For easy reference: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22378/defense-up-needs-to-be-revamped#latest

BTW, in this 1st round death meta, a droid team with no RG auto taunt is practically suicide against the likes of Rey. With the coming lvl cap increase, Rey will only get more obscenely OP as she will outspeed even more characters. If her lvl 90 maxed stats stay the same, she'll have 172 speed and obscene damage, making all others obsolete.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    slider13 wrote: »
    Is Daka playable in a half Droid Team?
    Poggle(L), IG88, IG86, GS, ???
    The ??? could be Daka or is Poe way better?

@slider13 I haven't tried that combo as I don't have a Daka yet in my alt but she could be used to rez those fallen droids. She would basically function as a tank as players will focus on getting Daka down first. Poe is better because of the 2 turns taunt, enemies' reduction in turn meter plus exposes. That way your droids can quickly kill 1-3 members of the other team in your turn. Don't think the healing and resurrecting meta is good at this point in time but could well play a major part when level 80 hits and fortitude comes into play.

With RNGessus's blessing, you'll have the ultiimate trolling deathsquad.

Poor smartphones...

@Hyperalloy

Indeed, with RNG at your side Daka could be rezzing IG88 and IG86 whenever they fall!

Poor phones with broken screens... :'( the repair shop assistants would be happy to charge you a repair fee though... :D
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    OfficerTim wrote: »
    Update on my previous post: team is working really well. won 7/7 battles with it so far and it hasnt dropped me any rank (though I had the wrong team on overnight) and thats vs 3 dooku lead, 2 hk droids with poe, 2 random all in top 20

The poggle lead isnt near as good as hk's lead ability but cutting hk from the squad allows me to add in the han for the TM im missing from hk, so you sort of get both hk and poggle's leader abilities in a sense, also with the assurance that both 86 and gs will stay alive till the end.

If anybody has han too I'd recommend testing it out:
    Poggle lead, GS, 86, Poe, Han
    Be sure to hit off their poe with GS so your poe goes as intended. And you want han's taunt up as soon as possible too because the TM is tied to his taunt.

@OfficerTim

That's a great idea to use Han for TM gains. Together with Poe they manipulate turns and make your squad go oh so much faster! I still use HK47 in my main team but not as a leader, he's there to absorb the opening damage from QGJ and GS assisted attacks and Dooku lightnings and live. Plus he's good versus Jedi teams as many are running QGJ, Lumi, Yoda.

My next farm will be Han. ATM I'm farming Sid to test out his AoE and IG88 pew pew capability. When he's finished I will start working on Han. Won't be too hard as I get 1k arena tokens daily. I've fought versus Han teams and I've seen the other team gaining so much TM when Han is hit while taunt is active!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Andrico wrote: »
    I've noticed from your diary that you use IG-88 and HK-47 interchangeably. How do you decide which one to use? Or do you just use HK for defense?

@Andrico

I use them according to the teams that I face. If I fight QGJ led team most likely I'll choose HK47 for survivability purpose. IG88 doesn't live to deal his damage. Hopefully after level 80 he can't be one shotted, so then we can see his increase use in a droids squad. He would be useful in defense as well as the majority of players would just kill IG88 when fighting a droids team.
  • Options
    The problem with Han on a droid team is the droids won't survive long enough for Han to get the taunt off.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    I'm new here and I have some questions :p

I'm currently running this droid team and hitting top 100 on my server.
    Hk 4* (L)
    88 6*
    86 7*
    Poggle 6*
    Poe 5*
    All 69 and Poggle is 66. And HK is almost 5*

I'm very far from upgrading my toons to the next star. So, will I be able to keep climbing ranks or am I going to stuck until I upgrade them.?
    I guess it depends on my server, but also I want to know if I should keep farming them or focus on a Jedi team to get yoda.

Note: I'm F2P and I like to collect toons :D

@Darth_Vosahk

After HK is 5* upgrade IG88 to 7*. That extra bit of health and damage is very useful to IG88. Poggle can be left at 6* he's support so he okay like that. If you could upgrade Poe to 6* he would be able to tank just that little bit longer for your droids to deal the payload.

The top ranks really depend on the server, so it depends what teams your server mates are building, how active they are, how much they are spending, etc.

If you want a Jedi team then you can start farming them. It will be a long time before you can get a 7* Yoda though. I just unlocked a 5* one not too long ago. I used Barriss, JC, QGJ, Ahsoka, and Lumi. Decide which Jedis you want to farm and go on from there. I would advise farming Barriss from cantina nodes as you are already level 69. Then use the shipments for QGJ. Ahsoka, JC, Lumi can also be farmed from hard nodes. GW can give you Lumi shards. When done with Barriss you can also farm JC from cantina as well.

Nothing wrong with collecting. :) However if you want to do well in arena you will need to upgrade your main squad in order to get a high rank and get the crystals rewards. Since you are F2P every crystal counts, and arena is a good way to receive them daily. GW is also a great way to earn crystals as well as credits.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    My 6* Royal Guard is definitely helping the IG's survive the opening salvo of speedy QGJ / Dooku / GS squads.
    Missing Poe's expose and TM though, RG stuns only partially make up for it since he's often below 50% by the time he gets to go so he doesn't stun.

Not dropping as fast after payout either but it's hard to say after only a few hours.

@Jabberwocky

RG certainly helps heaps in protecting the droids during the opening moves when enemy members such as QGJ, Yoda, Dooku, and GS move before any droid moves. It all depends on RNG when I play as I don't have a viable RG to use. If they attack my HK47 or Poggle first I'm saved. If they attack IG86 or IG88 then they die before doing any damage. I can see more Dooku led shards and the dodges are insane. IG100 seems to be fixed from the recent patch but it still remains to be seen whether he is okay to use. With no taunt the IGs would still die.

I took out my max gear 6* Poe for the max gear 6* RG.
    He's definitely a difference maker in protecting the IGs since they don't usually get one shotted but die from subsequent attacks by fast toons focusing down on them (especially 88).
    88 is able to regain a substantial amount of his health when using his AoE, especially if buffed from Poggle and can even go from red, attack, and survive a double counter from Dooku.

I finished 10th yesterday and am still sitting at 14th 17 hours later. I got lucky with RG, I had him almost at 5* from multiple Bronzium drops before I ever farmed my first shard. Now if only Snowtrooper would get a buff...lol

@Jabberwocky

Wow four ranks change in 17 hours!! That means your team is holding well with RG in place of Poe. I'm currently rank four about 9 hours from prize giving time. Haven't done any battles yet, still have 5 left. My current team is a 6* Poggle (leader), GS 7*, IG86 7*, HK47 7*, and Poe 6*. I got lucky yesterday with a full RG character pull from bronzium so now he is 4* level 50 gear VI.

If IG88 survived initial attack his lifesteal works very well to regain health with the AoE. Unfortunately when I use him the enemy always seem to target him first and kill him so I can't use him at all from beginning till end of match, that's why I often replace him with HK47. HK47 has 15k health, can self revive, plus does bonus debuffs versus Jedi enemies.

Lol snowtrooper? I still have him at 1* gear III in my alt. He's 4* gear V in my main. It would be great if Mace got a buff as I farmed him to nearly 7* already from cantina as I had noone else to farm at that time. Now I still need JC, IG100, CC, Barriss, and Dooku from there.

I'm running HK leader with Poggle, 88, 86 and RG. I've found that on offense, even when my 88 gets taken out early, I still have a chance with RG. Still early but looks promising.

In case the droids become less viable, I'm working on a hybrid team, I'm about 30 stun cuffs shy of gear 9 on GS and he needs a few more levels so haven't used him yet and have QGJ Ready to promote to 7* just in case.

@Jabberwocky

You will <3 gear 9 GS as well as 7* QGJ. I use both in my main account and I can maintain rank for hours without moving. B) I evolved to dodge meta now from speed meta. So from assist meta with Phasma leader for a month, to speed meta with QGJ for about 2-3 weeks, and now a few days into dodge meta with Dooku leader.
  • Options
    My 6* Royal Guard is definitely helping the IG's survive the opening salvo of speedy QGJ / Dooku / GS squads.
    Missing Poe's expose and TM though, RG stuns only partially make up for it since he's often below 50% by the time he gets to go so he doesn't stun.

Not dropping as fast after payout either but it's hard to say after only a few hours.

@Jabberwocky

RG certainly helps heaps in protecting the droids during the opening moves when enemy members such as QGJ, Yoda, Dooku, and GS move before any droid moves. It all depends on RNG when I play as I don't have a viable RG to use. If they attack my HK47 or Poggle first I'm saved. If they attack IG86 or IG88 then they die before doing any damage. I can see more Dooku led shards and the dodges are insane. IG100 seems to be fixed from the recent patch but it still remains to be seen whether he is okay to use. With no taunt the IGs would still die.

He's definitely a difference maker in protecting the IGs since they don't usually get one shotted but die from subsequent attacks by fast toons focusing down on them (especially 88).
    88 is able to regain a substantial amount of his health when using his AoE, especially if buffed from Poggle and can even go from red, attack, and survive a double counter from Dooku.

I finished 10th yesterday and am still sitting at 14th 17 hours later. I got lucky with RG, I had him almost at 5* from multiple Bronzium drops before I ever farmed my first shard. Now if only Snowtrooper would get a buff...lol

@Jabberwocky

Wow four ranks change in 17 hours!! That means your team is holding well with RG in place of Poe. I'm currently rank four about 9 hours from prize giving time. Haven't done any battles yet, still have 5 left. My current team is a 6* Poggle (leader), GS 7*, IG86 7*, HK47 7*, and Poe 6*. I got lucky yesterday with a full RG character pull from bronzium so now he is 4* level 50 gear VI.

If IG88 survived initial attack his lifesteal works very well to regain health with the AoE. Unfortunately when I use him the enemy always seem to target him first and kill him so I can't use him at all from beginning till end of match, that's why I often replace him with HK47. HK47 has 15k health, can self revive, plus does bonus debuffs versus Jedi enemies.

Lol snowtrooper? I still have him at 1* gear III in my alt. He's 4* gear V in my main. It would be great if Mace got a buff as I farmed him to nearly 7* already from cantina as I had noone else to farm at that time. Now I still need JC, IG100, CC, Barriss, and Dooku from there.

I'm running HK leader with Poggle, 88, 86 and RG. I've found that on offense, even when my 88 gets taken out early, I still have a chance with RG. Still early but looks promising.

In case the droids become less viable, I'm working on a hybrid team, I'm about 30 stun cuffs shy of gear 9 on GS and he needs a few more levels so haven't used him yet and have QGJ Ready to promote to 7* just in case.

@Jabberwocky

You will <3 gear 9 GS as well as 7* QGJ. I use both in my main account and I can maintain rank for hours without moving. B) I evolved to dodge meta now from speed meta. So from assist meta with Phasma leader for a month, to speed meta with QGJ for about 2-3 weeks, and now a few days into dodge meta with Dooku leader.

Yes, got my 6* GS to gear 9 yesterday, already put him in my team and am about 12 syringes away from max gear (until they raise the cap, probably tomorrow) .

I'm going after the last 45 shards I need to get GS to 7* then I'll start working on Dooku but I'll be behind the curve, he's only currently at 5* though I have his gear maxxed and abilities at 5.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Vixy wrote: »
    Shards Shards all over the place. I love HK-47, always have, so opposed to popular demand I didn't bombrush Sidious, I got HK and was so happy!!! For about 10 minutes...then I found no synergy at all and died...BUT HOPE WAS SHONE and now I have a decent droid team, 6* HK 5* 86 5* 88 5* Phasma (I got a lucky 4* pull a while back and tried to make a First order team but... yeah FOTP shards) and Lumi.

I've been working on changing out phasma for poggle after I asked around but now I'm in kindof a rut because Ive heard VERY mixed reviews on the last slot. Note I'm F2P mostly (maybe 10-15$ a month MAX!!! If that) but I'm stuck between 3 units I've heard about and it's conflicting with shards because I've heard go with Genosian Soldier for poggle synergy...but then no heals. Go with Daka for multiple res's and even more comeback with HK AND stuns...but squishy and low power heal. Go with Lumi for powerful heal, strong attack, and ability lock...but slow. And finally Go with Poe or Chewy for a nice taunt to protect your IG's...but no heal and only a temporary shield...also no heal...

I still someday want a First Order Team and a Droid Team so I dont get squished in Galactic and I love HK too much to ever let him die so I was using cantina to farm Kylo Ren and then I found out about soldier as 1st battle in cantina, as well as Daka AND Poe both being cantina shipments (I tried to get qui gon but my light side roster sucks XD)

I'm so confused and I'm trying to focus on the Droid Team but I don't really know what direction to go with this right now. I'll have Poggle by the end of tonight as I only need 4 shards left to get him but my rank keeps jumping between 1100 and 850 so I keep loosing my top 1k and then Ill loose my IG 86 before he gets in a single attack so I really need to figure out where to go from here and looking at how many people asked you for help I figured you would be a great person to ask for a more meaningful answer :D

Thanks for any help!!!

EDIT: I've also got magna guard 2* but not really sure if he's any good as never heard much on him

@Vixy

Hey, great to hear you are happy with droids too! You do have a decent droids team. I have a few suggestions on how to improve your team.

GS. Farm him. That bug have killed more heroes than all the other cantina toons combined. With Poggle as leader you get ridiculous crits and it's great to see heroes getting one shotted. If you want a First Order team fine continue with Kylo Ren farm but if you want an immediate improvement in your arena ranks get GS to 7* gear 9 and blast your way to top 100.

Daka. I haven't used her in arena. I have her in my main and she's one of the best character to 3* DS missions on auto. I do suggest you unlock her and she will be very helpful even at 4* for your DS missions. Then you can continue on farming your Jedis.

Lumi. She doesn't have much synergy with droids team and is more suited towards a QGJ led team. You don't need healing in a droids team. A droids team is to offensively take down the adversaries. It's not tanking and healing. It's rapid mortal wounding. It's precisely kill the right toon in order. Lumi is invaluable in GW so you could still improve her to help there and also in light side missions.

Chewy. Don't use him. Please. No. just no. Am I clear? NO.

Poe. He's the best 'tank' for a droids team at the moment. He is there to ensure droids are alive to deal the damage. He taunts for two turns. He reduce the enemies turn meter so they go slower and your droids can move faster. He has a chance to cast expose and that can lead to much more damage on those who are exposed.

Your IG86 is only 5*. You need to get him to 7* ASAP. He's one of the easiest to star with hard nodes LS 4-D, DS 2-F, cantina 4-E, and GW.

Your IG88 is only 5* too so he needs arena tokens to get him to 7*. HK47 is fine at 6*.

Phasma was the first one for me to 7* in my main account and she's very useful for TM manipulation and advantage. Use GW tokens to get IG86 to 7* first before working on Phasma if you want a great droid team.

Forget about Magna Guard. He's just not viable currently.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    VinceG wrote: »
    I've found a decent team to use with ig-100, it's starts with hk47 lead ig 86 ig-100 poggle and kylo ren, it creates a fun tanky offensive anti Jedi team, they usually can survive the barrage of fast qgj teams and when it finally becomes your turn the power of the aoe with offense up from poggle and Debuffs from hk 47and ig-100 is devastating kylo Rens aoe damage is great with off.up, Plus crits and turn meter gain ig 100 probably gets the most attacks per match and the health is great to survive late into matches and Hk47 almost always revives. Very good against Jedi teams and dooku, currently sitting at 29 rank on December server

@VinceG

It's great you have found a use for IG100!! It would be months before I'm able to use a 7* IG100. It sounds like IG100 working very well versus Jedi teams plus you are on an old mature server. Do you have a video or images on how the fight progress, I would love to see how he fare against the latest meta.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

@Jabberwocky

@Jabberwocky

@Jabberwocky

Yes, got my 6* GS to gear 9 yesterday, already put him in my team and am about 12 syringes away from max gear (until they raise the cap, probably tomorrow) .

I'm going after the last 45 shards I need to get GS to 7* then I'll start working on Dooku but I'll be behind the curve, he's only currently at 5* though I have his gear maxxed and abilities at 5.

Sounds like a plan. :) With max gear GS power is 6169. He has the most power among all my heroes ATM. I spent about a week to farm Dooku as I had him at 5* too with abilities at 5 as well. Now he's 7* max gear and just shy of one ability to be maxed. His power is 5407. He's my current MVP. Once you get those two at 7* max gear and abilities you'll be laughing your way to the top. :D
  • Options
    At least Dooku is a fast farm if you also do the hard nodes.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    At least Dooku is a fast farm if you also do the hard nodes.

True you can supplement the cantina farming with LS 1-C and DS 1-C. Thus the newbie slayer will be a faster farm than GS. B)
  • Options
    @Reyia I currently run a Dooku 6* (L), Phasma 6*, Lumi 6*, Sid 7* and Greedo 7*. I hover around the #150 in arena. Do you recommend me to switch y farm to a droid team? (I only own a almost 6* IG-86 and a 4* IG-88)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    @Reyia I currently run a Dooku 6* (L), Phasma 6*, Lumi 6*, Sid 7* and Greedo 7*. I hover around the #150 in arena. Do you recommend me to switch y farm to a droid team? (I only own a almost 6* IG-86 and a 4* IG-88)

@TheDukeofDukes22 The Dooku (leader) is the current meta so I don't recommend you to switch over unless you like the droid synergy. Keep farming Dooku to 7*, Lumi to 7*, Phasma to 7*. If you want to include a droid in your arena team then farm IG86 to 7*.

Do you have a strong damage dealer hero such as FOTP or Rey. If you don't I suggest you farm their hard nodes and replace Greedo/Sid with that hero.

So your team will be

Dooku (leader)
    Lumi
    Phasma
    Rey/ROTP
    IG86

You could also use another assist hero such as QGJ or GS if you have them in your arsenal. I highly recommend those two essential heroes in everyone's account.
  • Options

@TheDukeofDukes22 The Dooku (leader) is the current meta so I don't recommend you to switch over unless you like the droid synergy. Keep farming Dooku to 7*, Lumi to 7*, Phasma to 7*. If you want to include a droid in your arena team then farm IG86 to 7*.

Do you have a strong damage dealer hero such as FOTP or Rey. If you don't I suggest you farm their hard nodes and replace Greedo/Sid with that hero.

So your team will be

Dooku (leader)
    Lumi
    Phasma
    Rey/ROTP
    IG86

You could also use another assist hero such as QGJ or GS if you have them in your arsenal. I highly recommend those two essential heroes in everyone's account.

I don't really want to get on the long road of Rey and FOTP. I have a 6* QGJ (30/100 for 7*). I will perhaps start the GS farm when I finish my dooku. What do you say?
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

So your team will be

Dooku (leader)
    Lumi
    Phasma
    Rey/ROTP
    IG86

I don't really want to get on the long road of Rey and FOTP. I have a 6* QGJ (30/100 for 7*). I will perhaps start the GS farm when I finish my dooku. What do you say?

@TheDukeofDukes22

Yes do GS after you have done Dooku. And since you already have a 6* QGJ go ahead and 7* him.

Just do the hard nodes daily and don't activate them when you got enough shards. One day you will be lucky to pull them through bronzium and you will save many shards in the process. For eg if one day you pull Rey you will have saved 80 shards by not activating her.

You do need a great damage dealer. You could do Resistance Pilot after you finish Phasma as RP is often nicknamed the poor man's Rey.
  • TheDukeofDukes22
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

So your team will be

Dooku (leader)
    Lumi
    Phasma
    Rey/ROTP
    IG86

@TheDukeofDukes22

Yes do GS after you have done Dooku. And since you already have a 6* QGJ go ahead and 7* him.

Just do the hard nodes daily and don't activate them when you got enough shards. One day you will be lucky to pull them through bronzium and you will save many shards in the process. For eg if one day you pull Rey you will have saved 80 shards by not activating her.

You do need a great damage dealer. You could do Resistance Pilot after you finish Phasma as RP is often nicknamed the poor man's Rey.

Greedo is my main damage dealer but sucks on defense.
  • Options
    Hey guys, me again. My team is still going strong (just got to rank 99), and I'm still farming Poe/GS/IGs, but I had some more general questions this time. Which tank is best for a droid team? Some say Poe, others say RG, I'm even seeing Han thrown around now, but I'm not certain which is the better fit for my team. Also, how many droids have to be in a team for it to be considered a "droid team"? I've always assumed 3 or more, but some people say they have droid teams even though they have only 1-2 droids.
  • Options
    Do you guys think Fortitude is going to help much on droids survivability? Especially to 88?
  • Options
    Jaden_Zen wrote: »
    Do you guys think Fortitude is going to help much on droids survivability? Especially to 88?

Ironically, fortitude could work against droids by reducing the chances of 1 shotting someone.
  • Jaden_Zen
    90 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Ironically, fortitude could work against droids by reducing the chances of 1 shotting someone.

True but it'd make the game more diverse than ever as your toon get to survive first round. It's boring to have the first round setting the battle results.
  • Hyperalloy
    202 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

True but it'd make the game more diverse than ever as your toon get to survive first round. It's boring to have the first round setting the battle results.

Unless the droids get endowed with obscene levels of anti-fortitude power and continue 1-shotting people left and right.

If the droids some how survived 1st round burst, they would likely need healing right after, especially if fortitude was burnt through and significant health was removed, though hopefully IG-88 would not be 1-shotted so often. Problem is if healers can't restore fortitude, they would remain as unviable as the are now as 1-shotting will still happen after fortitude is gone, unless amrour and defense up mechanics actually get fixed, though I'm not too optimistic given their track record.

Don't you miss the good ole days of whose Poe goes 1st? :smiley:
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

@DarthDespairous

Hi DarthDespairous, so you fought one of my various combos that I test! That day I went for an all out offensive with Poggle (lead), GS, IG86, IG88, and HK47. No taunts just pure damage potential. Two AoEs, buff, and two assists. I'm still using Poe now, he is 7* since a few days ago. It's great to know the team was able to kill your A team lol. It could be a great team when the health pool has increased an a shield like feature called fortitude is implemented. On old servers there are many whales who have almost all characters unlocked and geared so they can change and switch as the meta demands. Just one more day before level 80 hits (it's Wed in Aus).