Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Options
    I'm liking HK lead over Poggle. Those debuffs are very helpful on long battles. Besides HK health and protection are massive
  • Options
    Anyone tried IG-100 with HK leader yet since the update?
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • kgwzz
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone using a droid team after the update? It's becoming a "who can get rid of the other team's RG first" battle these days, and with droid teams hitting hard (so many crits), and fast (poggle speed up + HK leader turn meter gain), they stand a good chance in the arena.
  • Options
    kgwzz wrote: »
    Anyone using a droid team after the update? It's becoming a "who can get rid of the other team's RG first" battle these days, and with droid teams hitting hard (so many crits), and fast (poggle speed up + HK leader turn meter gain), they stand a good chance in the arena.

I am a FTP only player, but my Droids are the best squad i have and i like them (and the game) so far.

Currently running

HK-47, Level 72, 6*, Gear VIII (Leader)
    IG-86, Level 72, 6*, Gear VIII
    IG-88, Level 72, 6*, Gear VII
    Poggle, Level 72, 5*, Gear VII

before the last update i run with GS (Level 71, 5*, Gear VIII) but after the patch i switched the bug for fun with my IG-100 (Level 72, 4* and Gear VIII -800 Power compared to my GS) and it worked for Arena today (first 5 runs after update). Before the patch i was 150-100 (FTP, no maxed chars/gear so fine for me), currently i am #127, won 4 of 5 matches and beat teams with 28k+ power (thanks to my weaker IG-100 i only have 24,749).

Protection was fine for me because even a IG can stay long enough vs AI (which wasn't easy with Dooku-Speed before) and compared to all the other charakters a Droid-Team still do a lot of burst damage and with HK-Lead and Poogle Buff even my "weak" team dish out a lot of damage and act faster (reload spec./AoE etc.) than teams i beat. IG-100 counterattack is nice because the battle tends to be longer and IG-100 + HK-47 can grind some degree thanks to HP+Protection, while your IG-Pair ensures that the other team lost protection and HP a lot faster than your robots etc.

I have no idea if it will work for Top50 or maxed out teams (but as i mentioned i killed some full stars with level 73 etc.). I am working on upgrading Poogle and IG-100 so far to be on the same level like the rest of the team. Sadly i can't upgrade HK-47 and IG-88 to 7* for a while because as FTP i don't hit 1 Mio Credits because i need it to upgrade the team now with the new level cap^^ - but as i said, its fine for me - i still have fun with my droid team and the first impression it, that the upgrade is not bad for me.
  • Options
    Anyone tried HK lead with poggle, 88, 86, phasma? Would like to know if that went well with dooku/rg teams. :)
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    kgwzz wrote: »

really? when I see a droid team in Arena with leading either poggle or HK, it doesn't matter who is leading, I always attack them with Jedi and always win without loosing any toons. On the other hand, I have droids myself and can't use them in Arena and only in GW. This is not cool.
  • climax
    16 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Jaden_Zen wrote: »
    Anyone tried HK lead with poggle, 88, 86, phasma? Would like to know if that went well with dooku/rg teams. :)

That's the team I plan to try now. Phasma advantage+HK seems an interesting combination.
  • Options
    Thanks for creating this thread, Reyia.

I really enjoy using my droid team... Poggle or HK lead, IG-88, IG-86, and Poe. The team still seems solid in Arena, even after the update. Also, I encountered this team in GW today (well, with GS instead of HK), and was frustrated (ironically) by how tough it was to beat. Had to send in a suicide team first to absorb the Taunt, assist, and buff before I could clean up.

Go droids!
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member
    Options
    climax wrote: »

That's the team I plan to try now. Phasma advantage+HK seems an interesting combination.

That's the general team I run. Works well but top 50 atm. I do need to level up their gear though to improve protection as it's a bit lack luster. I have been playing around dropping 5s in for Poggle which works on offense but by the looks not so much on defence.
  • Options
    I just had this experience with my droid/ST Han team. #1 after update with very little resistance.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/28430/1-droid-tank-team-after-update#latest

I am also a FTP players, and none of the toons are really hard to get which is great.
  • MalEliza
    132 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Brown89 wrote: »

That's the general team I run. Works well but top 50 atm. I do need to level up their gear though to improve protection as it's a bit lack luster. I have been playing around dropping 5s in for Poggle which works on offense but by the looks not so much on defence.
    Hi folks,
    long time reader, first time poster here.

HK lead didn't work for me. However, my HK is only 4*. After the update was out I played around a bit, but unfortunately Dooku still seems to be all but mandatory (at least with my 4*).

I made it to #2 today with a very similar team though: Dooku (l, 6*), Poggle, Phasma, 88 and 86 (all level 74, Poggle is gear IX all others are gear VIII).
    Against one all-Jedi-Team I swapped out 88 for Sid. Phasma is great for droids with the new advantage. I only lost the battle for #1 (twice, though) and did not drop a single place.
    The #1 team I couldn't beat is Dooku (l), RG, Daka, GS and 5s all level 76 with all but Dooku gear IX. I didn't stand a chance against that one. The first try I went for Daka but just took too much damage while killing her (and RG). So the second time I went for GS, trying to kill him off with 88's and Phasma's AOE after RGs taunt and hoping that Daka would fail to revive him. Part one went as planned but of course Daka revived him (twice). If I don't fall back too far in the next four hours, I will try again, as I still have three battles left for the day (bought a refresh after the testing).

There is another droid team on #4 running Poggle (l), HK, 86, 88 and Han(!). Poe's days of glory seem to be definitely over. With protection Han's and RG's slower speed are less of a problem, while their passives gain importance.

I'd be curious how a team with Poggle (l), GS, IG, IG and Phasma or RG would do with the new meta. Has anyone tried these yet? My RG is 4* only and GS is 1*. Therefore I can't test it myself.
    Edit @RagnarokDK: Congrats! Did you by chance also try the same team with Phasma instead of Han.
    Post edited by MalEliza on
  • Options
    MalEliza wrote: »
    @RagnarokDK: Congrats! Did you by chance also try the same team with Phasma instead of Han.

My Phasma is 6*, but I could try it with a few various options for you with my last battle. You can pick a team of the ones I mentioned in my post and
    Phasma 6*
    Luminare 7*
    Talia 7*
    Sid 7*
    QGJ 6*
    Boba 6*
  • UNivek
    70 posts Member
    Options
    I have some droid team arena gameplay video here for reference.

Few with HK(L), IG88, IG86, IG100 w/RG and also one with all 5 droids including General Grievous!

• Options

I've just tried that team, didn't exactly turn out well. Poggle lead is still better.
  • Dumbledore
    25 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey guys,
    so im running the Poggle (L), IG 86, IG 88, GS and RG (only 5* rest is 7*) team lvl 74. On offense its pretty nice. There wasnt a single Team for now i couldnt beat. Not sure tho how it ll work out on defense.

Before the update i used the full meta Dooku, OGJ, Yoda, Rey, GS team (all 7*) and finished almost every day Top10 with 3-5 fights (no refreshes) usually not playing exactly at reward time (im kinda lazy and dont like to stay around this game just to snipe Top5). Overnight i dropped to Top30 usually.

So ill let you guys know what the droid team will be like on defense in a few days without changing my lazy game play. ;)

(English s not my first language so sorry for any mistakes)

Fresh D.

Edit: Btw sadly i have 0 precrafted items.
    Post edited by Dumbledore on
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Pre-crafters on Poggle are a pain lol!
  • Options
    I'm currently using Poggle(lead), Ig88, Ig86, GS and ST Han all 7*. Doing pretty well, a lot better than before the update. I'm still working on ig100 and RG (both 5* at the moment).
    I think st Han is a lot better than Poe now. Poe used to protect your droids from OHK, but with the protection OHK are less of a threat. And after poe uses his taunt he became quite useless while st Han gives everybody TM and takes TM away from the opponents.
  • Options
    My droids are working much better now as well, although on defense I still feel like they put a giant target on my back. I am running;

Poggle(L) - 88 - 86 - GS - RG . Works well so far and my RG is only 5* with level 8 gear.

I am working on starring up Han (only 5 so far), as it seems to me if you have a STHan, he would work amazingly well synergy wise with HK-47 as lead, especially if you can get 47's leader up to Level 8. My god that would be A LOT of turn meter for your droids....+80% and then 70%...wow.
  • Options
    @Pindasauskanon is IG100 any good post-update? :)
  • Options
    @Pindasauskanon is IG100 any good post-update? :)

Don't know :) Don't use him yet. I have him at 5* but seriously underleveled and geared. He might be pretty decent. I faced some maxed ig100 in arena and they were doing ok
  • Options
    Do u think that, this team will do well in Arena? With all that turn meter both from hk and st han.
    If not can u give some pointers to how to make the team better?
    Thanks

HK Leader
    Ig-86
    IG-88
    IG--100
    ST.Han

• Options
    Do u think that, this team will do well in Arena? With all that turn meter both from hk and st han.
    If not can u give some pointers to how to make the team better?
    Thanks

HK Leader
    Ig-86
    IG-88
    IG--100
    ST.Han

With the generally higher level of survivability in arena nowadays, yes, barring an early stun or ability block on STHan from Dooku, Daka, EK, etc. If STHan was not disabled before he could taunt, then he's extremely dangerous in this momentum focused team.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Cannot beat Han (l), Lando, RG, QGJ, GS with Poggle, 88, 86, GS and Poe. Edit: She beat it but after payout, got lucky on RNG. My wife's working on Han and RG (a long way off), maybe Han will help. Any tips on beating such teams, basically Han/RG combos?

Tip for guys facing QGJ/ RG combos with Poe. Use Poe's basic the 1st time on QGJ. With other similar attacks on QGJ, you'll usually trigger RG's taunt. Use 88's AoE and most times it'll get rid of QGJ. Poe can taunt on his second turn and game over.
    Post edited by Azraelrulez on
  • Options
    Hk (L), IG88, IG86, GS, Poe team has tanked in the arena post update. Drops 100 places every day from circa 50-80 to 150+ place.

Still works on offence. But also could be because I've fallen a couple lvl behind on the xp curve so now have a huge target painted on me with everyone around at higher power.

Poe seems to be landing less expose on taunt but that may just be confirmation bias
  • Options
    Poe seems to be landing less expose on taunt but that may just be confirmation bias

Let me add my confirmation bias to yours. Yes, it lands less expose.
  • Options
    Hk (L), IG88, IG86, GS, Poe team has tanked in the arena post update. Drops 100 places every day from circa 50-80 to 150+ place.

Still works on offence. But also could be because I've fallen a couple lvl behind on the xp curve so now have a huge target painted on me with everyone around at higher power.

I'm running the same team but I have Poggle instead of GS. I finish in top 5 at payout time and I dont drop a lot, usually to 17-10.

On offense I have trouble with Han-RG teams and as anyone else, with those gear 9 RG
  • Thire
    111 posts Member
    Options
    I'm running (and have been running since the game's inception, droids are my first and only true love)
    HK (L)
    IG-88
    IG-86
    IG-100
    Poggle

All 7* g8 except poggle, who's only 6* g7 cause I paused work on him to go for GG. I'm gonna switch them when I get him in a couple days. Really hope he's worth it
  • Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air
    22 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Alright lads, just got my highest ranking in arena at #2. Am level 55 & have been running the same droid squad. (L)4*HK, 6* 88, 6* 86, 6* GS, 3* RG. Good to see droids are still going strong! Comfortably beating teams with 3-4k more power than me.

Just wanted to ask if Poe's still a solid investment going forward based off the new update. Currently have him at 2* & have a ton of cantina tokens to spend. Should I farm ST Han now in Arena as opposed to getting 88 to his last 7*, or working on HK now?

Have Phasma 3*, QGJ & Biggs 2*, rest are starter toon plus Veers. Thinking about farming Poggle now in GW & leaving 86 at 6* for a bit. Everyone here still loving GS?

Long term team would be: (L)Poggle, 88, 86, GS, RG/Poe. Or HK(L) & Jawa Engineer would replace GS if JE proves to be worth his salt
  • Options
    Here's a thought: What do you guys think about starting a droid guild?
  • Options
    ZHunter99 wrote: »
    Here's a thought: What do you guys think about starting a droid guild?

Good idea. Have no idea how guilds will work though with different shards/time zones. But still, good idea to guild up with like minded people.