Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• behr228
    48 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks all, you inspired me to go down the droid path a couple months ago after running jedi exclusively. I'm currently running Poggle(L and the only 6*), 86, HK, GS, and Lumi (all G8 except GS who is G9). I'm currently farming for JE and will put him in for Lumi when I get him to 5 or 6*. In addition, I am farming RG(almost 5*) as a potential option in arena. But, after I get Poggle to 7*, I am not sure who to farm in GW and am thinking of just going for Grevious to complete the Droid Dream. I know its a long farm, but no one really appeals to me in GW shipments except maybe Phasma, but I'd have no use for her. Would you guys recommend I go down the GG path?
  • Options
    I would farm Phasma first as she is useful in just about any squad with her 20% asisst on lead. She can also be great in an HK led squad because of guaranteed crit on advantage. Just watch ig 88 go crazy with an AoE on advantage. Guaranteed two consecutive turns right there.
  • MattSax
    56 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    HK-47
    IG-86
    IG-88
    Phasma
    RG
    Watch droids become extremely relevant again at level 80.
    HK's leader ability turns into +50% bonus turn meter on crit hit
    IG-86 gets -1 CD on his assist
    IG-88 gets +15% crit damage
    Phasma gets -1 CD on her victory march
    RG basically stays the same but that is plenty good enough already
    Those are the highlights and what's going to make the droid team relevant amongst top ranks again. Some immediate threats would be speed teams managing to kill 88 before he gets to <50% HP, or QGJ teams disabling RG's taunt (but on offense you can just stun him if possible). I personally would suggest gearing up RG from the raid drops first if possible, and then 86 or 88.
  • Options
    Just saw this thread after @MattSax revived it.

Anyone getting in the top 10 with a droid team now? If so, what's your Squad?
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    Options

No 1 with Pog, 86, 88, Han and GS. Lvl 77 all, Han G9.
  • Options

I'm having a lot of problem with Dooku-Daka because of those annoying stuns.
    The funny part is that they only target 88 and 86 to stun, and if they target Poogle o HK you get a double stun with 88 :(
  • Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air
    22 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Get in the top 10 everyday. I'm level 62 with 22k power rating & the rest are all about 3 levels above me with 2-3k more power as well. Loving my droids right now!

Run (L)HK, 88, 86, GS, RG.

HK & RG are both 4*'s, rest are 7*. About to unlock Poggle & will immediately replace HK, & am farming ST Han to 5* before I replace RG for him. Should do wonders for my synergy & defense hopefully.

Also, how are people finding JE? Focusing my guild tokens on him & trying to scope out how I could I
    incorporate him long term.
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    Options
    #1 arena every day when I'm not locked down using HK lead, poggle, 86, 88, Rg. Everyone is gear 9 and the team is deadly with 88 having two furnaces equipped.

I plan on ditching poggle for Jawa engineer and possibly RG for 100 if this plays out right at level 80:

Jawa engineer takes his turn first over everyone with 4 droids. Recalibrate allows all your droids to take their turn next. 86 assist hopefully calls HK allowing you to bomb as a setup for 88. Either way chances a droid will be called and crit, going next. 88 single shot or aoe, your choice. HK bomb, then ig100 aoe. If 100's aoe reduces enough turn meter your droids will be going again and 100 will definitely get a free turn from it giving him speed up and offense up.

Effectively you attack first and get one, possibly two free turns and three character turns if assists line up.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    Must... Farm... Jawa... Engineer...
  • Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    #1 arena every day when I'm not locked down using HK lead, poggle, 86, 88, Rg. Everyone is gear 9 and the team is deadly with 88 having two furnaces equipped.

I plan on ditching poggle for Jawa engineer and possibly RG for 100 if this plays out right at level 80:

Jawa engineer takes his turn first over everyone with 4 droids. Recalibrate allows all your droids to take their turn next. 86 assist hopefully calls HK allowing you to bomb as a setup for 88. Either way chances a droid will be called and crit, going next. 88 single shot or aoe, your choice. HK bomb, then ig100 aoe. If 100's aoe reduces enough turn meter your droids will be going again and 100 will definitely get a free turn from it giving him speed up and offense up.

Effectively you attack first and get one, possibly two free turns and three character turns if assists line up.

Very interesting!

A lot of people have been talking IG100 up. I have GS farmed to 7* already from cantina nodes & went to JC next. They've been my only two farms so far there. Currently only have JC at 5*, should I switch to IG100? I'm level 65 & until I hit level 69 when Bariss is farmable, I'm not certain on who to farm tbh.

My GW team is really suffering since my main is Droids. Only have three healers in JC, 4* Daka, & 3* Talia.

Already have 86 at 7* btw.
  • Options
    I have a poggle lol 6* IG 88, 86, HK and GS. I like this team better than ever. I seem to have the kill power b4 anyone can hit me. My poggle is 6, ig 88 is 6, ig 88 isn7 with omega basic, he with 6 and go a 7*
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    quick question here:

how come when i Auto a challenge my IG88/IG86 sometimes hit for 20k+ in damage each yet when I'm controlling them they never do more than 7k in damage?? (both currently 6-star Gear VIII).
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hyperalloy wrote: »
    Must... Farm... Jawa... Engineer...

You should! Unlocked mine yesterday and was able to set him up a bit (Gear VII, miss one piece for VIII..., Level 68 miss Credits... and Abilities 3/6/6/6) for the first run at Arena. Worked very well, played 10 Matches (really want to test the little Jawa) and only lost 3 of them (against way powerfull squads). Good enough to jump from 80+ to 25 at rankings (my best result with Droids so far - my top is full with Level 80 maxed stuff, so no easy runs here).

Since i am free to play (its a handy game after all) i am very satisfied with the result.

My Squad:

HK47, Gear 8, 7*, Lvl 76
    IG88, Gear 8, 7*, Lvl 76
    IG86, Gear 8, 7*, Lvl 76
    IG100, Gear 8, 6*, Lvl 76
    Jawa E., Gear 7, 4*, Lvl 68

So even if my little Jawa is clearly not full powered yet i can't resist to play with him (and cut my Poggle Gear 8, 6*, Level 76, for him!)

It worked really well. The biggest Problem for droids (they are Assassins afterall so they need to kill fast enough) are, that they can't act fast enough vs Dooku, QGJ (Yoda), Rey, Leia even GS is a fast Attacker etc. and things get worst if you throw in tanks like St.Han or Poe (if you face Droid Squads with him) etc. Especially since some characters are RNG Monsters (Dooku, Daka etc.) or designed for AFK-Battles (St.Han, RG).

Thanks to Jawa Engineer Droid Squads are back in business because (and that is so important) you are able to act first. Now you are able to do what your Assassin Droids should be do: Drop some fast Damage and kill someone before they are able to counterattack. Its still balanced, since Droids are only good as a full team (you can't randomly throw in the toon of the month/meta) and the robots can't win a long shoot-out.

What i really like, we now can talk about (nearly) full Droid Teams with 4 Droids, since every "Droid Team" with only IG86 and IG88, lead from Poogle, with GS and random Charakters will be killed from "the real" Droids with Jawa Engineer. Since Jawa needs Droids to acts first (especially vs QGJ, Yoda etc.) you will lose the critical first turn if you mix it up with random stuff like GS and Poogle - at least for the "Mirror". The first Squad i killed today was: Poogle (Lead), IG88, IG86, GS, Lumi. I killed all (!) 3 DPS charakters before they act and it was a joke since only Poogle (nice buff) and Lumi started vs my full team. As i said i lost some games vs Squads with more power (more stars, equipment, levels, omega ability, etc.) so you can't expect to beat everyone till all hit 80 and are maxed out (which should take a while, especially as FTP).

----

I will now try to get IG-100 to 7* and level and gear up the Jawa Engineer etc.

----

My question is, what would be a good Character-Ability for the first Omega Mat before i hit 80

My HK can now have +15% Damage at basic. (clearly want HK-47 leader ability).
    My IG86 can now have +15% Damage at basic or (at 78 - and i am 76 now - cooldown -1 for his assist)
    My IG88 can now have +15% Healing Immunity, but since i missed one piece for Gear IX his potency is very low (which is seems also bad for his AoE Omega now).
    IG100 can now have +15% Damage at basic, which is ok since he need more power (can counterattack and is one of the last Droids who will stay alive), basically IG-100 should got a well boost for all his 3 abilities from Omega, but i feel i should go with another toon first or?

So i since have 9 Omega Mats now ( and i will reserve 3 for HK if i hit 80) i can invest 5 in one basic ability, or wait until 78 for AoE abilities. Any ideas?

• JediKQD
    19 posts Member
    Options
    hey Dough - you must be referring to the Attackers challenge. Whether you auto or not, as long as you take out one of the support droids before attacking General Veers or Tarkin, you'll receive a huge damage bonus.
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this MD_Geist My JE is currently 55/80.
    It seems that most of the time there are no shards available in the Guild store - I have 3000 guild currency burning a hole in my pocket!

Am keen to try this little guy out - My only concern with running droid teams now is the ability to deal with taunters (as they have no breaker) - Can wipe out ST han before he taunts np but still have to deal with 40K health RG.

Anyway still gong to give it a go - Was regularly finishing top 1 - 5 with my old droid team but have had to change to something, dare i say it, 'more meta' recently to hold my rank. would like to get back to droids again.
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    dough wrote: »
    quick question here:

how come when i Auto a challenge my IG88/IG86 sometimes hit for 20k+ in damage each yet when I'm controlling them they never do more than 7k in damage?? (both currently 6-star Gear VIII).

@dough

You are probably talking about the Tarkin/Veers challenge final part where the droids give your team a buff that makes their damage higher. You can't get that buff outside of challenges.
  • Telorek
    26 posts Member
    Options
    So here's my question: I'm just really starting out (level 44 currently), so my squad is pretty low level, and I'm having a hard time deciding on who/what to farm. Right now I am running 5*HK-47(L), 4*IG-88, 4*IG-86, 2*RG, and 4* Talia (mostly because I don't have a lot to put in that last slot). (I usually stay around 30-50 rank)

Other notable characters I have are; 4*Chewy (I think everyone gets him), 3*Fives, 3*Jedi Counsulor, 2*Qui-Gon, and 2*IG-100.

As for characters I'm close to; I've got 9/10 GS shards, 39/50 Luminara shards, and 29/50 Dooku Shards.

As for what I'm planning on farming; I'm switching back and forth between HK, and 88 in Arena rewards, I got Fives from Cantina Rewards, though I got QGJ through a random card pack, so I don't really know what to farm from there. I was thinking I should start farming IG-100 in Cantina Battles, but don't know if it'll be a better choice than GS. Is it even worth the long grind trying to get Jawa Engineer, from Guild Store? Finally, not sure what to get with my Galactic War rewards, should I just max out IG-86, or should I start going for Poggle?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone have a decent droid set up for raids?
  • Options
    droid strikes back,
    i have jawa enginer and very satisfied
  • Options
    Telorek wrote: »
    So here's my question: I'm just really starting out (level 44 currently), so my squad is pretty low level, and I'm having a hard time deciding on who/what to farm. Right now I am running 5*HK-47(L), 4*IG-88, 4*IG-86, 2*RG, and 4* Talia (mostly because I don't have a lot to put in that last slot). (I usually stay around 30-50 rank)

Other notable characters I have are; 4*Chewy (I think everyone gets him), 3*Fives, 3*Jedi Counsulor, 2*Qui-Gon, and 2*IG-100.

As for characters I'm close to; I've got 9/10 GS shards, 39/50 Luminara shards, and 29/50 Dooku Shards.

As for what I'm planning on farming; I'm switching back and forth between HK, and 88 in Arena rewards, I got Fives from Cantina Rewards, though I got QGJ through a random card pack, so I don't really know what to farm from there. I was thinking I should start farming IG-100 in Cantina Battles, but don't know if it'll be a better choice than GS. Is it even worth the long grind trying to get Jawa Engineer, from Guild Store? Finally, not sure what to get with my Galactic War rewards, should I just max out IG-86, or should I start going for Poggle?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Telorek
    This advice is assuming you want a droid team.

From arena shipments get 88 to 7*, finish HK. Always work on DPS before support.

From GW, unlock Poggle, then finish 86, then finish Poggle. Doing this will give your team some flexibility depending on if you want to use Geonosians.

In cantina shipments Poe is the classic droid tank and I think he's best for them if you aren't going to use Jawa Engineer. For cantina nodes, GS is still a beast and works well in a droid/Geonosian hybrid team.

I use droids on a December server and JE is a must have. He makes getting into the top 5 and holding rank easy. He is usable at 4* since he is only a support character.

All of this advice is assuming you want to go all in on droids.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    Options
    I use droids on a December server and JE is a must have. He makes getting into the top 5 and holding rank easy.

Which Level and Gear your Droids have and do you play also with IG 100 (or General?)

Any advice for Omega Ability till level 80?

• Options
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    I use droids on a December server and JE is a must have. He makes getting into the top 5 and holding rank easy.

Which Level and Gear your Droids have and do you play also with IG 100 (or General?)

Any advice for Omega Ability till level 80?

Level 78 max gear besides the furnaces. I only use HK and the IGs with JE, no 100 or Grievous. If you are using omegas for droids IG-86's special is really useful. I also did IG-88's special but I never see defense down land.
  • MalEliza
    132 posts Member
    Options
    MD_Geist wrote: »
    My question is, what would be a good Character-Ability for the first Omega Mat before i hit 80
    So i since have 9 Omega Mats now ( and i will reserve 3 for HK if i hit 80) i can invest 5 in one basic ability, or wait until 78 for AoE abilities. Any ideas?
    I'd suggest 86's assist attack. It is the strongest attack in your squad and being able to use it every other turn is huge.
    If you don't want to wait for another two levels the 15% on his basic attack might your next best option. 88s AOE can be useful too, but using omega on his basic seems a waste (as long as you can't farm them), because your opponents usually won't get a chance to heal.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply , but without a 4th Droid the Jawa has not enough speed (unless he is full geared) to catch up Yoda (with QGJ lead) or Leia (with Ackbar lead) for example.

So what is your 5th Team member?

IG 88 Sadly lacks potency.. It should be better with gear level 9+
  • Options
    Hey guys I just started playing a week or so ago, and I just started looking around at fourms today. I got IG-86 my first day and hes been my strongest guy since. After i saw his strength I started to focus my shards around getting more droids. Just got HK-47 today and hes my new leader, and got lucky and got IG-100 in one of my daily box things. Basically I'm looking for advice on my current lineup.

Right now im rolling with Hk(L), 86, GS, Talia for heals, and RG. But I really want to throw in IG-100 but hes weak right now but I was wondering if hes worth it or not to farm up. Hes supposed to be a tank but it worries me that he has no taunt so should I keep RG and swap him for Talia? Even though I feel better with heals and she has the most power out of any of my troops right now.

Any advice would be soo helpful! Ive been reading up on this thread too to try and get any info I can because ever since i discovered this game I've been loving it.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options

@dough

You are probably talking about the Tarkin/Veers challenge final part where the droids give your team a buff that makes their damage higher. You can't get that buff outside of challenges.

thanks man...
  • Options
    Rotor wrote: »
    Anyone have a decent droid set up for raids?

When rancor is above 50%, use yoda with the droids. He can give foresight to everyone right before the slam. It really goes a long way in protecting those glassy droids.
  • Nic_Cage_in_Con_Air
    22 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have a couple of questions here, any advice appreciated guys. Really need some assistance from you Droid aficionados!

Is ST Han still a worthwhile investment over RG in a Droid/Geo hybrid Arena squad? I'm level 67 & get top 10 in arena everyday & am currently rolling with: 4*(L)HK, 7*IG88, 7*IG86, 7*GS, 4* RG.

I unlocked all three of ST Han, Poggle, & Daka recently & haven't had credits to level them past level 40, or purple mats to get any of them past level 3 abilities. Don't have the cash since I'm focusing on leveling my Arena squad to unlock the crucial level 66-70 abilities. I'm struggling pretty bad everyday to get past the 9th & 10th nodes in GW, reason being, I don't have a good healer besides 6* JC who's gear 8 (have Talia at 3* gear 7), but I haven't invested any purples at all on him since all the purples I've ever received have all gone to my Arena squad.

So who do you guys reckon is the priority to level & investment ability mats on between 5* Poggle, 5* ST Han & 5* Daka? I'm also close to unlocking Lumi btw, should I just keep her at 4* when I unlock her & then focus back to getting Poggle to 7*?

I've been farming all three of RG, Rey & Barriss (hear she's essential in GW) in hard nodes. Is it better to prioritize on just one or two at a time so I invest the majority of my energy in gear farming instead?

Which should be the Arena squad to work towards building & investing in? Poggle(L), 88, 86, GS, ST Han? Or HK(L), 88, 86, JE, ST Han?

Current roster = 7*(88, 86, GS), 6*(JC), 5*(Poggle, ST Han, Daka), 4*(RG, HK, Vader, Poe, Veers, Jawa), 3*(Phasma, Talia, Chewy, IG100), 2*(QGJ, Biggs, Ahsoka, Ewok Scout, Clone Sarg, CUP, Snowtroop, RT).

• MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @MalEliza:

Thanks! I think i will wait for 78 and use my first Omega for IG86 Assist Ability. It only makes me sad for a while, because characters like Daka or 5s got really strong basic attacks at 72 for Omega and this is what will affect arena until everbody hits level 80.

@Raiding with Droids: I really depends on the rooster, raid level etc.

My guild currently run Tier V raids and since Droids are my only real high level squad (i am still FTP) they are more or less all i have.

Most of the time i start with HK(L), IG88, IG86, St.Han and Daka, key is to let IGs survive the first try. My 2nd Squad is most of the Time, Poogle (L), IG88, IG86, GS, IG100 and Lumi (depends on if St.Han or Daka died already). So i have 2 nearly Full Damage Rounds. At Tier V Raids Droids can snipe Adds at Phase 1. I sadly lack a Dispel Character (Lobo would be nice for Droids) for Phase 1, so sometimes retreat/reset is really important.

Try to save your "DPS Toons" (hint Droid Squads have a lot, since most also have GS) for some attempts and it should work good. With HK and Poogle your IG Assassins are really good at dish out some Damage, especially since Leader Abilities work for all Phases.

I should also mention that IG100 works really well for raids, since he has good HP/Protection, basic with Offense Down (huge if you lack Tanks/Healing), counter and (if you are luck) TM reduction. He also buffs himself which can be good since Rancor roars a lot ;)
    Which should be the Arena squad to work towards building & investing in? Poggle(L), 88, 86, GS, ST Han? Or HK(L), 88, 86, JE, ST Han?

Clearly the 2nd squad. Since i now have JE unlocked (he works with only 4* at arena!) i try to kill any droid squad (sorry :P) i see, because they are slow and are easily killed once you start (which you should with JE) as i mentioned i killed GS, IG88 and IG86 before they got a first turn yesterday.

HK as a Leader is also the best if you (and you should) go for full (3-4) droids with Jawa Engineer. Since you get TM (Omega 50%!) for crits and JE buff crits for 2 rounds to more or less 100% it is really strong.

Remember that IG86 Assist Attack is better if you have more droids too. Jawa Engineer (if not full equiped/skilled) also need (for the start) 4 droids to go first against speed squads (QGJ, Yoda, or Leia etc.)

My Jawa only has Gear VII which means 141 Speed (his max is 153! with uncommon high level gear), i leveld his special (Crunch time) at 6, so he gets +9 speed for each droid. I play with 4 droids so JE gains +36 which results in 177 Speed now.

Look at other "Speed" Chars you will face:

QGJ adds +25 to Jedi (needs only level 72, so easy to get) at Gear IX QGJ will have 142+25=177 (but hey its gear 10, so without gear 10 you will start and if everyone is maxed out you also start ;)) If you play with only 3 Droids QGJ will start, which is not the game we would play (hint: Assassins, First Strike is important and you dont want to see something like QGJ Assist with Rey before you act, because IG88/86 can be dead now)

Yoda (with QGJ) lead has 157 + 25 = 182 speed with gear IX (he gets +6 speed with one piece), but without gear IX (more common now) he only has 151+25 = 176, which means my Jawa (with 4 Droids) goes first.

Leia can get 164 Speed at Gear IX (without its -6) and with Ackbar as a Leader +25 = 189! at 80 with max gear etc. Since JE can have 153 you still need 4 Droids and his special with +10 which results at 193 Speed for endgame fights, so JE + 4 Droids always goes first which is critical (Leia with Stealth is deadly!)

• Options
    How many use jawa enginer in there Squad now? I just got mine. I love him, all Droid goes first. Have beaten 3/3 where i killed two importen characters before they got there turn ☺️. What do u think of him?