Replies

• KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ZHunter99 wrote: »
    Let's hope, although getting them to gear 9 just got a lot harder with the addition of the 50x mk10 hololenses added to the fusion furnaces

Actually, it's currently impossible. Mk10 Hololenses are unavailable to farm, as are Mk9 Electrobinoculars (needed by Poggle). We have to wait until the next update to be able to find them.

On a different subject, I've noticed some of you talking about whales as if you know they're in the server. How do you spot them?

@ZHunter99

The way I can guess which guys on my server are whales are looking at their team comps. If you see a guy switching around his lineup a lot with all 7* toons especially chromium exclusives that is usually a good sign. Some examples you should be looking for are Leia, Aayla, Rex, Tusken Shaman, and General Grievous even though the last 3 technically weren't chromium only.

As for the gear some people were lucky enough to have enough materials to precraft gear so they have a nice advantage with all the new unobtainable gear.

Well, then I can see one. 7* Rex is a dead giveaway, but is there a way to check their entire team? All I see is their leader.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm refering to the ranks page. I'm not quite high enough to fight them (and see their team that way) yet.

In that case no you'd only be able to go off of their leaders until you get close enough to attack them.

Ok, thanks. Also, just want to say that I finally got Poe, and even at 4* Gear VI he still helped me win a battle I couldn't win otherwise. Although now I understand why he's not viable until 5* Gear VIII. At Gear VI he taunted after the opponent's IG-86 killed my own, and at 4* he died in two shots. Still won though.

In my opinion the gear matters way more than the star level for him just so you can get his speed up to 142 to protect your droids.
  • Options
    When facing a dooku led or QGJ led it's best to use

Poggle lead, 88, 86, GS, RG or Poe is good as well. Take out dooku with GS and use 88s AoE afterwards. I like RG a bit more as he auto taunts but if you do use an HK lead Poe is a bit better with HK, 88, 86, Poe, Poggle as the squad. I still get to rank 1 and usually end between rank 1-5 when I'm on around the update
  • Options
    Let's hope, although getting them to gear 9 just got a lot harder with the addition of the 50x mk10 hololenses added to the fusion furnaces

Actually, it's currently impossible. Mk10 Hololenses are unavailable to farm, as are Mk9 Electrobinoculars (needed by Poggle). We have to wait until the next update to be able to find them.

On a different subject, I've noticed some of you talking about whales as if you know they're in the server. How do you spot them?

@ZHunter99

The way I can guess which guys on my server are whales are looking at their team comps. If you see a guy switching around his lineup a lot with all 7* toons especially chromium exclusives that is usually a good sign. Some examples you should be looking for are Leia, Aayla, Rex, Tusken Shaman, and General Grievous even though the last 3 technically weren't chromium only.

As for the gear some people were lucky enough to have enough materials to precraft gear so they have a nice advantage with all the new unobtainable gear.

Well, then I can see one. 7* Rex is a dead giveaway, but is there a way to check their entire team? All I see is their leader.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm refering to the ranks page. I'm not quite high enough to fight them (and see their team that way) yet.

In that case no you'd only be able to go off of their leaders until you get close enough to attack them.

Ok, thanks. Also, just want to say that I finally got Poe, and even at 4* Gear VI he still helped me win a battle I couldn't win otherwise. Although now I understand why he's not viable until 5* Gear VIII. At Gear VI he taunted after the opponent's IG-86 killed my own, and at 4* he died in two shots. Still won though.

In my opinion the gear matters way more than the star level for him just so you can get his speed up to 142 to protect your droids.

Though in my own experience, 5 stars is an absolute minimum for arena use and of course, the more stars the better, AFTER he has his speed gear maxed out.

That said, RG is especially good when using droids against speed teams, he tends to successfully prevent the loss of an IG droid before he gets to make a single move.
  • Citoak
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Ig-100 needs a taunt. Then a droid team could be complete. Why EA? Without taunt magnaguard is not needed, would be nice to have a droid tank.
  • Options
    Hyperalloy wrote: »

@ZHunter99

Though in my own experience, 5 stars is an absolute minimum for arena use and of course, the more stars the better, AFTER he has his speed gear maxed out.

That said, RG is especially good when using droids against speed teams, he tends to successfully prevent the loss of an IG droid before he gets to make a single move.

You are right I was just trying to stress the need to get him to 142 speed.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Reyia wrote: »
    Reyia wrote: »
    Hey all. I've decided to make a helpline to help anyone who has questions about droids. I love droids so much that I have created a brand new account and played a droid team exclusively since that time. Now it's already been over a month and I'm consistently in the top 10 in my shard. I've also written a diary that outlines my adventure from account creation till today. Everything I did since making that account to my present current team. I have had a lot of help when I asked questions so I decided to help those who needs help. Just ask me anything to do with droids, their synergy, squad formation, etc. No question is too trivial, so feel free to ask anything.

After maxing out IG86, I decided I very much enjoy droids, and wanted to use more. I purchased the droid pack, so now I have HK47 as a 4 star, and IG88 as a 3 star. Since I can only get them in the same place, which one should I upgrade first? Im torn between 47s return from death chance, and 88s health block. Which one do you suggest I use my resources on upgrading?

@auburn2eugene

Hey Auburn2eugene happy to hear you want to use more droids in your teams. HK47 is viable at 4* so concentrate on maxing IG88 first. HK47 is a support unit and most commonly used for his leader ability to make droid allies gain 30% Critical Chance and 30% Turn Meter on a Critical Hits. IG88 is the AoE damage dealer so he needs to be 7* to deal the maximum damage. Given that you already maxed IG86 you can then farm Poggle from GW if you don't need anything from there anymore. Poggle have an awesome synergy with droids. He could even be used in non-droid teams so consider farming him.

If you don't have a 'tank' I would recommend Poe or RG. They can be both farmed simultaneously and RG can be used in other teams as well such as with the speed meta or dodge meta.

Ok, so let me take these point by point. On my squad, no one is viable at 4 star. Not for the arena anyway. I wont be using either one until 6 star MINIMUM. My current arena team is as follows 7* QGJ (Lead), 7* Lumi, 7* Eeth Koth, 7* IG86, and 6 * Sid all at lvl70, at least gear lvl8, and ability lvl 7. My plan was/is to replace Sidius. I know 88 has the AOE and Heal block but his health is a real concern for me. 47 has much more health, and even returns sometimes. Thats the only reason I'm torn between them. Is 88s attack that significant that it should superceded the disadvantage of his low health? I REALLY don't like how they are both available only in the same spot. I wish i could farm them both at the same time.

Next, in GW shipments, I have Phasma at 6* currently 55/100 for 7*. So I am going to finish getting Phasma to 7*. So you think I should go Poggle after maxing Phasma? I was planning on Tuskan Raider, as he has an assist move like 86 and QGJ and health like Barris... I could do Poggle if he is THAT important for a droid setup. I usually rank around 150 in the arena on a day 1 (hard release) server. I do see Poggle quite often and never see the Raider....

I dont currently have a viable tank. When the tank event comes around (like today) I can't even field an entire roster. However, I am on android, so we will be getting a free Poe. I believe he comes as a 3 star. I will be maxing Poe once I get him. I have RG but only a 2*. Its quite difficult to farm someone when you can only get it on 2 hard nodes. Take Anakin for instance. I started farming him as soon as i unlocked his nodes. I have played daily since hard release, and he is about 70% to 6*. Ive farmed FOTP since i unlocked his nodes. He is still a 4*... I hope Poe will work, he is the only one thats viable for me, at least until I get Old Ben... too bad there isnt a droid tank...

@auburn2eugene

You didn't mention your server age when you first posted, that's why I said a 4* is viable. I used him at 4* on a new server and could hold 1 for over a month. Now that you mentioned your roster and level I get an idea of who are your average opponents.

If you want to replace Sid with a droid then I would say IG88. He is faster than HK47 and has one of the most damaging AoE in the game. The problem is he has a very low health at about 9k. HK47 has 15k health and can self revive. If you fight mostly Jedi team then go ahead and farm HK47 as he deals twice as much debuffs to Jedis. Whenever I fight QGJ led team I hope they hit HK47 in the first few moves as I know he will survive no matter what. Arena tokens are easy to come by anyways and you can farm both to 7* eventually.

Poggle is essential for droids team nowadays. You can see him as leader for many of the remaining droids teams in the servers. Even if you don't plan to use a droids team, he is useful in almost any team with the buffs to offense plus ability block as a basic attack and he's tanky as well with 13k health.

Your best bet for a tank is Poe as you can farm him in cantina shipments and hard nodes. RG will be a long farm. Of course you can accelerate the farming by chromium packs, refreshing nodes, buying shard shipments, and using the shard shop. Old Ben isn't really a good tank for a droids team.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    couple of noob questions here:

are there any characters other than Poe that could comparably fill that position? (e.g., how about ST Han?)

also, is HK47 or Poggle the better leader?
    please and thank you...
  • Options
    dough wrote: »
    couple of noob questions here:

are there any characters other than Poe that could comparably fill that position? (e.g., how about ST Han?)

also, is HK47 or Poggle the better leader?
    please and thank you...

It depends. Poe is a slower farm than ST Han, but is much faster and is more likely to taunt before someone dies before making a move. His turn meter reduction and expose debuff are extremely useful for droids, especially for IG-88 to go from red health and back to green enough health to take 2 Dooku counterattacks after his AOE. ST Han adds TM to his own team and gains TM for his entire team when hit, but is most likely too slow to prevent an IG from dying too soon. He is excellent in an Admiral Ackbar led team due to the speed leadership, though.

HK or Poggle depends on enemy team comp. If you have an enemy with conterattackers, Poggle lead is better due to higher peak firepower and higher likelihood of 1 shotting the pesky mosquito aka Dooku. HK lead is great in general for maintaining attack momentum once the droids get going due to 30% TM gain on crits. HK himself is also great against Jedi heavy teams with 3 or more Jedi since meatbag mayhem is particularly effective against Jedi.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Bon_El wrote: »
    And only 379 gear pieces to get 86 to 11. Not to mention the hundreds I need to get him from 8 to 10. Seems too daunting - I don't think I'll even try. On a positive note, I did get my 86 to 7* this week.
    Great post Reyia - the links are a nice touch.

@Bon_El Lol only a few hundred pieces of mats to get 86 to gear 11! That's what it is now, gear grind. Congratulations on getting your IG86 to 7*!!! He's one of the best droids out there with massive crits and assist synergy!

Thanks, I thought it would help fellow droid users to plan their journey ahead. :)
  • Options
    Finally decided to stop lurking these forms and post. Been a Droid user since Day 1 and my current squad is

7* Hk(L),7* 88,7* 86,7* Poe,7* Daka.

Currently thinking of swapping Daka for an old ben depending on how the game mechanics are going to chage
  • Options
    Is IG-100 guard any good? His moves look like they would be great against a heavy jedi team, just not sure if his damage is all that great. I use him in the tank event and his damage is lower then all my other tanks I have him at 5* now I would like to use him in an all Droid team. Most people I see just use Poe or ST Han, because of the taunt (which I think he needs).
  • Options
    Is IG-100 guard any good? His moves look like they would be great against a heavy jedi team, just not sure if his damage is all that great. I use him in the tank event and his damage is lower then all my other tanks I have him at 5* now I would like to use him in an all Droid team. Most people I see just use Poe or ST Han, because of the taunt (which I think he needs).

He's so slow that I believe he must be due for a damage buff in the upcoming Re balancing.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »
    Finally decided to stop lurking these forms and post. Been a Droid user since Day 1 and my current squad is

7* Hk(L),7* 88,7* 86,7* Poe,7* Daka.

Currently thinking of swapping Daka for an old ben depending on how the game mechanics are going to chage

Welcome fellow droid user. I used to run that same team until I got my GS levelled and geared. I do love Daka though, looking forward to getting the +15% stun chance on the level 8 abilities :smiley:
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed an 86 nerf? Can't hit water falling out of a boat now.
  • Options
    Love the thread, lads! Any advice appreciated, cheers.

So I just recently bought the Droid pack at level 38 (am lvl 41 now) or so & am consistently placing in the top 20. My teams is: 4* HK(L), GS, IG88 / 2* IG86, RG.

Currently am stuck as to who to farm & who to prioritize in GW, Arena & Cantina shipments/nodes next. Think I blundered going for Sid (25 shards) in Arena & QGJ (unlocked & is 2*) in cantina, but that's besides the point & at least QGJ can help in GW. I've saved 2000 shards from GW since I unlocked it yesterday & am unsure as to who to prioritize: I can upgrade IG86 to 3* with 1600 tokens, or do I just try & invest in unlocking Poggle ASAP? Should I focus strictly on getting one to 7*, or is it better to invest in both?

What about cantina? Should I keep investing in QGJ for the versatility & vital help in GW? Or could Poe be a better investment, since he's more farmable than RG, & possibly a better option at 3/4* to RG's 2* for Arena? Could then run Poggle(L), GS, 86, 88, Poe.

Regarding Arena, should I just pour the tokens into 88 for now? If I go for Poggle, I'm assuming the would marginalize HK's utility in my Arena squad, no?

FWIW, I'm on iOS & getting the free Phasma shards. Also, the top 15 run mainly Dooku/QGJ/Barriss leads. Rest of my roster is (3* Veers, Talia, Jawa Chewy/ 2* JC, QGJ / 1* Clone Sarg, Ewok, CUP, Snowtroop)
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi Nic,

"Make a move and the bunny gets it." Cyrus (The Virus) Grissom - Con Air

Difficult time for advise on characters as we are (in theory) only a few weeks away from the combat returning which could really change how good certain characters are.

At your level I think you should give some serious thought to whether you want to priorities GW or Arena. GW is the main source of resources for the game and not being able to get very far through will hold you back as far as gearing/leveling up your toons - Read this to find out more https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/14635/heres-a-tip-focus-on-gw-not-arena For GW - Lumi (GW shipments) and Sid (Arena tokens) are the best initially.

For the record I bought the droid pack but built up my GW/mission characters first lumi, sid, daka, JC and 88 (88 works well with Sid). This got me into the top 50 (at level 60). Then I had to switch to a proper arena squad. and got to work on my droids.

That being said for arena I would go for the following:
    • No.1 GS - Cantina Battles - GC is good for everything not just arena
    • No.2 Poe - Cantina shipments - I have started using RG instead of Poe as I find his reactive taunt and stun to be awesome - however it is a very slow grind. If you want to be competitive at higher levels in the arena with a droid team you are going to need a tank so you should farm Poe. If you can spare the energy continue to work on the RG hard nodes

HK is mostly needed for his leader ability - he doesn't do much damage - you don't need to star him up as a priority so you can spend tokens on 88 instead for now (88 needs the hit points)

88 and 86 break easily (especially 88) do your best to gear them up to compensate for this. FYI Gear can make more of a difference than stars. You could leave 86 till later to farm as when you need to you can make quick ground by farming him in cantina battles and GW shipments at the same time.

Whichever characters you are going for I would take them up to at least 5 or 6 before you switch to another but do focus on individuals, splitting resources between 2 characters just makes leveling them both take twice as long.

Anyway hope this helps you.

Good luck...
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    While I stopped using my Droids in the current Dooku meta, I see a few successful ones usually holding ranks in the top 10 on a December server with Dooku, 88,86,Poggle, Poe. This team composition might help those suffering under the pressure of QGJ speed teams.
  • Options

@ZHunter99

Exactly. Getting his turn meter reduction early is key for droids.
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    While I stopped using my Droids in the current Dooku meta, I see a few successful ones usually holding ranks in the top 10 on a December server with Dooku, 88,86,Poggle, Poe. This team composition might help those suffering under the pressure of QGJ speed teams.

Yeah I was struggling with my droid team also. I don't have a levelled up doofus (my auto correct did that but think I'll leave it) but have bastardised my team into: poggle (L), GS, 86. Phasma, RG.
    I find this team holds up much better against the fast assault. Using the phasma victory march at the right time can get my heavy hitters an extra turn in about round 3 which with the poggle buff in play can make all the difference. Still need the RNG to,smile on me but is far less dependant that with a straight droid team. Finished 1st on my shard 2 days in a row as I won all but 1 of my 10 battles.

Just need to get my RG starred up more as he is only nearly 5 currently :-/

• VinceG
    36 posts Member
    Options

I have him 7* max sadly he's only good on a droid aoe team against jedi teams other than that he's garbage I'm hoping the update makes him more viable, he is fun to use though because of his high health and rarity.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Droid teams really up against it at the top end right now as we level in this current meta. Upgrades available to maxed out Level 72 characters (but not anyone but Poe in any of the traditional droid lineups) make beating some of the bleeding edge combinations about a 1-in-5 shot. Hit points are up, speeds are up.
  • Options
    Pooket wrote: »
    Hi Nic,

"Make a move and the bunny gets it." Cyrus (The Virus) Grissom - Con Air

Difficult time for advise on characters as we are (in theory) only a few weeks away from the combat returning which could really change how good certain characters are.

At your level I think you should give some serious thought to whether you want to priorities GW or Arena. GW is the main source of resources for the game and not being able to get very far through will hold you back as far as gearing/leveling up your toons - Read this to find out more https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/14635/heres-a-tip-focus-on-gw-not-arena For GW - Lumi (GW shipments) and Sid (Arena tokens) are the best initially.

For the record I bought the droid pack but built up my GW/mission characters first lumi, sid, daka, JC and 88 (88 works well with Sid). This got me into the top 50 (at level 60). Then I had to switch to a proper arena squad. and got to work on my droids.

That being said for arena I would go for the following:
    • No.1 GS - Cantina Battles - GC is good for everything not just arena
    • No.2 Poe - Cantina shipments - I have started using RG instead of Poe as I find his reactive taunt and stun to be awesome - however it is a very slow grind. If you want to be competitive at higher levels in the arena with a droid team you are going to need a tank so you should farm Poe. If you can spare the energy continue to work on the RG hard nodes

HK is mostly needed for his leader ability - he doesn't do much damage - you don't need to star him up as a priority so you can spend tokens on 88 instead for now (88 needs the hit points)

88 and 86 break easily (especially 88) do your best to gear them up to compensate for this. FYI Gear can make more of a difference than stars. You could leave 86 till later to farm as when you need to you can make quick ground by farming him in cantina battles and GW shipments at the same time.

Whichever characters you are going for I would take them up to at least 5 or 6 before you switch to another but do focus on individuals, splitting resources between 2 characters just makes leveling them both take twice as long.

Anyway hope this helps you.

Good luck...

Wow, this is amazing. Thanks for going out of your way to give me all this solid info!

Followed most of your advice & decided to just focus on 86 in GW for now, Poe in cantina & 88 in Arena. Am getting dangerously close to losing everyday in GW, & some days am down to my final two toons, but have won it everyday since I unlocked it four days ago thankfully. (that Heroine pack for Bariss is calling my name!)

My one fear though is RG's longevity at 2* as this grind will take a while with only one node. The whales/top 10 are hitting 3 levels ahead of me & already 3*/4*-ing him. Feel like Poe is the hotfix my team needs, & I might get the crystal subscription or the $10 crystal pack in order to start buying the 200 cantina energy everyday as I feel I'm in need of a more viable early game tank to break the top 10 more consistently (hitting 6-10 rank most days)
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    Options
    @nic Sounds like you are on your way - wish I had got onto the forums when I was at your level, could have saved me some valuable tie and resources. There are many ways to tackle this game - my advise just represents one persons opinion, but good luck to you in your conquest of the galaxy...
  • Options
    @nic Sounds like you are on your way - wish I had got onto the forums when I was at your level, could have saved me some valuable tie and resources. There are many ways to tackle this game - my advise just represents one persons opinion, but good luck to you in your conquest of the galaxy...

Indeed, thanks again, mate.

Now I'm curious to see how this new balance update affects our droid squads. Thoughts guys?
  • Options

Indeed, thanks again, mate.

Now I'm curious to see how this new balance update affects our droid squads. Thoughts guys?

i think that thanks to protection, Droids may be harder to kill, and because they have low speed, they will have higher damage output, in theory. So it may be good for droids!
  • Pooket
    46 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Well the update landed and I think it is a double instalment of good news.
    1. the age of the dooku dodge teams is over
    2. I think droids are back in business

I had 2 arena battles left after the update. So I went in with: Poggle (L),86,88,GS,Poe
    Totally took apart a dooku team both times. Didn't loose a single toon the first time. 88s AOE with the level 72 20% damage buff per negative effect is great.

Obviously will have to see what the new meta becomes but this is a pleasing start

Go droids! :-)
  • Options
    Well the update landed and I think it is a double instalment of good news.
    1. the age of the dooku dodge teams is over
    2. I think droids are back in business

I had 2 arena battles left after the update. So I went in with: Poggle (L),86,88,GS,Poe
    Totally took apart a dooku team both times. Didn't loose a single toon the first time. 88s AOE with the level 72 20% damage buff per negative effect is great.

Obviously will have to see what the new meta becomes but this is a pleasing start

Go droids! :-)

Until you get a go at DS mission 7C hard.

My HK, 86, 88, team stood no chance on round 3, got wiped out by 2 clone Sargent AOW in round 3. PVE DS has become a nightmare, they cranked damage to the sky with no reduction on durability for the computer. My droids are maxed out for lvl 70 except 88 at lvl 72 maxed.
  • Options
    Arena post update went very well. 2 clean victories, smashing Dooku and QGJ teams with Poggle (L), RG, GS,IG86 7 and IG88.
    with the protection stat IG88 can survive more than one second :)
  • Options
    My droids looked very promising today in arena. Out of the 5 battles I did I only lost 1 due to bad Dooku RNG.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Anyone tried a HK-47 led team with Phasma in? The guaranteed crits provided by Advantage might make make the meatbags nervous enough to make HK-47 teams viable at the top end again. His debuffs are more useful now too especially against jedi-heavy teams - Defense Down means something.

Then again, once Assassin protocol hits level 8 and you get 50% TM gain per crit, Phasma may not even be necessary.