T3-M4

Replies

  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    I find it funny that CG's "Game Changers" have released recent videos such as "How to Get T3-M4 on IOS" and "Marguee Overload". At some point this company needs to take a step back and stop thinking about how they can milk an extra $100K this month from the players, but instead think about how they can actually improve their game. Stop adding new characters every week, stop updating game modes no one asked you to touch, and instead fix the bugs and refine the rewards for the Sith raid like we have been asking you to do for the past 4 months.
  • This just isn't a big deal.

    I will change my mind if they put the character in platoons before it's released to iOS
  • NoomiZ
    135 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    This just isn't a big deal.

    I will change my mind if they put the character in platoons before it's released to iOS

    You wanna take a bet on that? Be ready to be disappointed XD

    Its light side tb next time, of course T3 will be in the platoons, and I don’t want to be that guy, but I wouldn’t put it past EA to not push T3 out for Apple until after that TB
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Another marque release? Why not make him release like R2 and BB8? Oh because this makes you more money somehow? :/

    And whats up with his kit names, no Droid renewable shield? No Droid shockarm? Its like it was chosen by someone who just loaded the game and looked at the first names of a couple random feats and a repair kit, with no actual though put into it about T3 unique gear.

    And he really should be more old rep based and not droid based

    Why the heck would a droid the vast majority of people have never heard of be considered Legendary? The only other Droid worthy of that title is 3PO.

    A vast majority has never heard of? I want what your having smoked. That's a bold claim to make.I mean I know a vast majority does know T3-M4 and how he played a vital role in both games and inbetween and before and after. T3-M4 is the reason Revan and the Exile exist, he helped both of them do a lot, if not for T3, Surik would never have escaped peragus, if not for T3.... I mean, he's more legendary then BB8, a droid in a movie I will never watch because of how terrible Disney star wars is.

    I still know of him because we are star wars fans are we not? T3-M4 is a legendary droid in the star wars universe. How's it my fault that you who are in the minority don't read up about star wars lore? We have the Sith Trium raid, so you are raiding up against something that really early on in the star wars universe nearly ended the force's existence forever? Or about a being who could kill an entire planet because it can eat the force?

    T3 embodies the legendary title so much more then bb8 even if you did watch the movies, bb8 is new, hasn't done much, t3 was apart of jedi civil wars and multiple wars and was around for years doing things.

    I loved both KOTOR games. Still play them on Steam. T3-M4 is not legendary. Not even remotely close. There one and only one character from the KOTOR games that could qualify as legendary, and that is Revan, who is likely to be our next legendary or heroic character release.

    Please... please... please... go play the games again. T3-M4 not a legendary toon? You are kidding right. He is instrumental in the game and important in the Revan book. The droid may not be legendary-level of Revan, but aside from Bastila and Meetra Surik, T3-M4 comes closest.

    I am literally playing through KOTOR2 right now and have been for the past several days. I simply think your concept of “legendary” does not in any way match the standard for legendary toon releases in this game.

    We have two “hero’s journey” characters, Jedi Rey and Commander Luke Skywalker. Those are the protagonists of the original trilogy and the new trilogy.

    We have “legendary” events for:
    - Grand Master Yoda
    - Emperor Palpatine
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
    - R2-D2
    - BB-8

    All of those characters are central to multiple movies in the franchise or, in Thrawn’s case, both multiple books AND the multi-season animated series. Hundreds of millions of people watched the movies. Rebels had 75 episodes, and tens of millions of people watched at least some of the show.

    As I said, I love the KOTOR games, and I also loved The Old Republic MMO, which I played for the first couple of years from launch. But those games are simply not as high-profile in the Star Wars lore and aren’t even officially part of the canon. KOTOR sold less than 5 million units.

    Even if you get past the fact that a supporting character from a game that a pretty small percentage of the fan base actually played would have a hard time being characterized in the same legendary tier as Yoda or Palpatine, you have the total blandness of T3 as a character. HK-47 was more “legendary” than him because he had a great personality and fun dialogue. T3 was an ultra-generic R2 rip-off. He has none of the personality of R2 or BB-8. He has none of the great dialogue of HK-47. He is boring. K2-SO is more legendary than T3. T3 is probably the most boring party member in KOTOR. There is no scenario in which he meets the standard of “legendary” as it pertains to Galaxy of Heroes.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    The droid may not be legendary-level of Revan, but aside from Bastila and Meetra Surik, T3-M4 comes closest.
    Guy, I hate to break it to you, but the majority of Star Wars fans don't even know who Revan is.

    You'll probably "No True Scotsman" those fans, but that's fine, you're wrong.

    1) How do you define a "fan"?
    2) On the basis of what actual data is your statement made?
    3) So what?
  • NoomiZ
    135 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Another marque release? Why not make him release like R2 and BB8? Oh because this makes you more money somehow? :/

    And whats up with his kit names, no Droid renewable shield? No Droid shockarm? Its like it was chosen by someone who just loaded the game and looked at the first names of a couple random feats and a repair kit, with no actual though put into it about T3 unique gear.

    And he really should be more old rep based and not droid based

    Why the heck would a droid the vast majority of people have never heard of be considered Legendary? The only other Droid worthy of that title is 3PO.

    A vast majority has never heard of? I want what your having smoked. That's a bold claim to make.I mean I know a vast majority does know T3-M4 and how he played a vital role in both games and inbetween and before and after. T3-M4 is the reason Revan and the Exile exist, he helped both of them do a lot, if not for T3, Surik would never have escaped peragus, if not for T3.... I mean, he's more legendary then BB8, a droid in a movie I will never watch because of how terrible Disney star wars is.

    I still know of him because we are star wars fans are we not? T3-M4 is a legendary droid in the star wars universe. How's it my fault that you who are in the minority don't read up about star wars lore? We have the Sith Trium raid, so you are raiding up against something that really early on in the star wars universe nearly ended the force's existence forever? Or about a being who could kill an entire planet because it can eat the force?

    T3 embodies the legendary title so much more then bb8 even if you did watch the movies, bb8 is new, hasn't done much, t3 was apart of jedi civil wars and multiple wars and was around for years doing things.

    I loved both KOTOR games. Still play them on Steam. T3-M4 is not legendary. Not even remotely close. There one and only one character from the KOTOR games that could qualify as legendary, and that is Revan, who is likely to be our next legendary or heroic character release.

    Please... please... please... go play the games again. T3-M4 not a legendary toon? You are kidding right. He is instrumental in the game and important in the Revan book. The droid may not be legendary-level of Revan, but aside from Bastila and Meetra Surik, T3-M4 comes closest.

    I am literally playing through KOTOR2 right now and have been for the past several days. I simply think your concept of “legendary” does not in any way match the standard for legendary toon releases in this game.

    We have two “hero’s journey” characters, Jedi Rey and Commander Luke Skywalker. Those are the protagonists of the original trilogy and the new trilogy.

    We have “legendary” events for:
    - Grand Master Yoda
    - Emperor Palpatine
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
    - R2-D2
    - BB-8

    All of those characters are central to multiple movies in the franchise or, in Thrawn’s case, both multiple books AND the multi-season animated series. Hundreds of millions of people watched the movies. Rebels had 75 episodes, and tens of millions of people watched at least some of the show.

    As I said, I love the KOTOR games, and I also loved The Old Republic MMO, which I played for the first couple of years from launch. But those games are simply not as high-profile in the Star Wars lore and aren’t even officially part of the canon. KOTOR sold less than 5 million units.

    Even if you get past the fact that a supporting character from a game that a pretty small percentage of the fan base actually played would have a hard time being characterized in the same legendary tier as Yoda or Palpatine, you have the total blandness of T3 as a character. HK-47 was more “legendary” than him because he had a great personality and fun dialogue. T3 was an ultra-generic R2 rip-off. He has none of the personality of R2 or BB-8. He has none of the great dialogue of HK-47. He is boring. K2-SO is more legendary than T3. T3 is probably the most boring party member in KOTOR. There is no scenario in which he meets the standard of “legendary” as it pertains to Galaxy of Heroes.

    Believe what you want, but I bet everyone who is familiar with Legends knows who Revan and T3-M4 are. Google a bit and see what the most popular Legends characters are, Revan most of the time ending up in the top 5 or even number 1. But anyways... I didn’t meat Legendary as in this game but in general.
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Another marque release? Why not make him release like R2 and BB8? Oh because this makes you more money somehow? :/

    And whats up with his kit names, no Droid renewable shield? No Droid shockarm? Its like it was chosen by someone who just loaded the game and looked at the first names of a couple random feats and a repair kit, with no actual though put into it about T3 unique gear.

    And he really should be more old rep based and not droid based

    Why the heck would a droid the vast majority of people have never heard of be considered Legendary? The only other Droid worthy of that title is 3PO.

    A vast majority has never heard of? I want what your having smoked. That's a bold claim to make.I mean I know a vast majority does know T3-M4 and how he played a vital role in both games and inbetween and before and after. T3-M4 is the reason Revan and the Exile exist, he helped both of them do a lot, if not for T3, Surik would never have escaped peragus, if not for T3.... I mean, he's more legendary then BB8, a droid in a movie I will never watch because of how terrible Disney star wars is.

    I still know of him because we are star wars fans are we not? T3-M4 is a legendary droid in the star wars universe. How's it my fault that you who are in the minority don't read up about star wars lore? We have the Sith Trium raid, so you are raiding up against something that really early on in the star wars universe nearly ended the force's existence forever? Or about a being who could kill an entire planet because it can eat the force?

    T3 embodies the legendary title so much more then bb8 even if you did watch the movies, bb8 is new, hasn't done much, t3 was apart of jedi civil wars and multiple wars and was around for years doing things.

    I loved both KOTOR games. Still play them on Steam. T3-M4 is not legendary. Not even remotely close. There one and only one character from the KOTOR games that could qualify as legendary, and that is Revan, who is likely to be our next legendary or heroic character release.

    Please... please... please... go play the games again. T3-M4 not a legendary toon? You are kidding right. He is instrumental in the game and important in the Revan book. The droid may not be legendary-level of Revan, but aside from Bastila and Meetra Surik, T3-M4 comes closest.

    I am literally playing through KOTOR2 right now and have been for the past several days. I simply think your concept of “legendary” does not in any way match the standard for legendary toon releases in this game.

    We have two “hero’s journey” characters, Jedi Rey and Commander Luke Skywalker. Those are the protagonists of the original trilogy and the new trilogy.

    We have “legendary” events for:
    - Grand Master Yoda
    - Emperor Palpatine
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
    - R2-D2
    - BB-8

    All of those characters are central to multiple movies in the franchise or, in Thrawn’s case, both multiple books AND the multi-season animated series. Hundreds of millions of people watched the movies. Rebels had 75 episodes, and tens of millions of people watched at least some of the show.

    As I said, I love the KOTOR games, and I also loved The Old Republic MMO, which I played for the first couple of years from launch. But those games are simply not as high-profile in the Star Wars lore and aren’t even officially part of the canon. KOTOR sold less than 5 million units.

    Even if you get past the fact that a supporting character from a game that a pretty small percentage of the fan base actually played would have a hard time being characterized in the same legendary tier as Yoda or Palpatine, you have the total blandness of T3 as a character. HK-47 was more “legendary” than him because he had a great personality and fun dialogue. T3 was an ultra-generic R2 rip-off. He has none of the personality of R2 or BB-8. He has none of the great dialogue of HK-47. He is boring. K2-SO is more legendary than T3. T3 is probably the most boring party member in KOTOR. There is no scenario in which he meets the standard of “legendary” as it pertains to Galaxy of Heroes.

    Believe what you want, but I bet everyone who is familiar with Legends knows who Revan and T3-M4 are. Google a bit and see what the most popular Legends characters are, Revan most of the time ending up in the top 5 or even number 1. But anyways... I didn’t meat Legendary as in this game but in general.

    I think you can totally justify Revan as a legendary character. But not T3. Not even close.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    HJoci30 wrote: »
    I dont know what is the problem with this. It came early for android, a 3* worthles(for now) character. If you are a whale you will get it after it goes to ios. Im not, I dont care. I have to say, that who is whining abut this is an ****. Also you shuold read, check the thing you are whining about! There is the internet you know. Early access, not exlusive!

    It’s not just about early access, it’s about fostering an imbalance in GP, which is an essential competitive feature of the game. And exclusive early access IS exclusive. Methinks you’re the one that needs to read more carefully.

    GP is a useless metric, especially in this situation..... The character, left at 3* without gear and levelling gives you a whopping 450 or so more GP that is good for absolutely nothing.....

    Do I think it's fair that us Android users get a toon first?..... No.... Is this toon a game changer or giving us any advantage?..... Also no.....

    Trust me, you guys aren't missing out on anything worth fussing about.....

    Incorrect. For higher GP guilds with members willing to spend, it's not uncommon to find 7* newly-released characters. And GP is NOT a useless metric, since it bears upon essential, competitive aspects of the game (TW rewards, TB deployment, platooning, etc.) ... and can potentially grant players a competitive advantage. And that's the point: even if the GP-based advantage is only potential, it reflects a biased/unfair treatment of the crossplatform playerbase.
  • Ephran
    458 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Another marque release? Why not make him release like R2 and BB8? Oh because this makes you more money somehow? :/

    And whats up with his kit names, no Droid renewable shield? No Droid shockarm? Its like it was chosen by someone who just loaded the game and looked at the first names of a couple random feats and a repair kit, with no actual though put into it about T3 unique gear.

    And he really should be more old rep based and not droid based

    Why the heck would a droid the vast majority of people have never heard of be considered Legendary? The only other Droid worthy of that title is 3PO.

    A vast majority has never heard of? I want what your having smoked. That's a bold claim to make.I mean I know a vast majority does know T3-M4 and how he played a vital role in both games and inbetween and before and after. T3-M4 is the reason Revan and the Exile exist, he helped both of them do a lot, if not for T3, Surik would never have escaped peragus, if not for T3.... I mean, he's more legendary then BB8, a droid in a movie I will never watch because of how terrible Disney star wars is.

    I still know of him because we are star wars fans are we not? T3-M4 is a legendary droid in the star wars universe. How's it my fault that you who are in the minority don't read up about star wars lore? We have the Sith Trium raid, so you are raiding up against something that really early on in the star wars universe nearly ended the force's existence forever? Or about a being who could kill an entire planet because it can eat the force?

    T3 embodies the legendary title so much more then bb8 even if you did watch the movies, bb8 is new, hasn't done much, t3 was apart of jedi civil wars and multiple wars and was around for years doing things.

    You do realize that probably 99% of Star Wars fans didn't play KOTOR, right? I only know of Revan because of his cultish following. It's a 15 year old game that's no longer any level of canon. He played a "vital" roll in a few games. I didn't know the Triumvirate when they first came out, I had to look them up. Also I will never consider anything someone says after saying "I'M A REAL STAR WARS FAN BUT I'M NEVER GOING TO WATCH ANY OF THE MOVIES AGAIN."
  • BubbaFett
    1999 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    HJoci30 wrote: »
    I dont know what is the problem with this. It came early for android, a 3* worthles(for now) character. If you are a whale you will get it after it goes to ios. Im not, I dont care. I have to say, that who is whining abut this is an ****. Also you shuold read, check the thing you are whining about! There is the internet you know. Early access, not exlusive!

    It’s not just about early access, it’s about fostering an imbalance in GP, which is an essential competitive feature of the game. And exclusive early access IS exclusive. Methinks you’re the one that needs to read more carefully.

    GP is a useless metric, especially in this situation..... The character, left at 3* without gear and levelling gives you a whopping 450 or so more GP that is good for absolutely nothing.....

    Do I think it's fair that us Android users get a toon first?..... No.... Is this toon a game changer or giving us any advantage?..... Also no.....

    Trust me, you guys aren't missing out on anything worth fussing about.....

    Incorrect. For higher GP guilds with members willing to spend, it's not uncommon to find 7* newly-released characters. And GP is NOT a useless metric, since it bears upon essential, competitive aspects of the game (TW rewards, TB deployment, platooning, etc.) ... and can potentially grant players a competitive advantage. And that's the point: even if the GP-based advantage is only potential, it reflects a biased/unfair treatment of the crossplatform playerbase.

    Anyone willing to spend that kind of money to get a POS toon to 7* and gear it up, can simply go buy a cheap $50 android tablet to unlock it now..... at the end of the day though, the tablet would be worth more than the toon.....
  • Ephran
    458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    I honestly feel bad for the devs because this forum is so dang toxic. People need to relax. Who cares that android gets it early? It isn't a meta breaking character. You're not going to miss out on Revan because of this. Everyone will be able to access the character in time. For 90% of us the character will end up sitting in the roster at 3 stars gear 4 until it becomes farmable anyways. The playerbase just looks at any reason to throw a hissy fit because we think we are entitled to way more than we are. It's a real pain to come to these forums sometimes.

    Ugh ... don't be that guy.

    Dude, just look at your comments in this topic and tell me I'm wrong. Sure, the devs make a lot of mistakes and seem out of touch at what we want at times, but complaining about this is ridiculous. There is nothing worth complaining about here.

    This is correct. Complaints and feedback are a pointless waste of time. There's one thing that CG cares about... Only money...

    ms45wpwm3wau.gif

    Wait wait wait wait, a COMPANY only cares about MONEY?!?! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?

    I know, right? Most companies are smart enough to balance their need for income with customer satisfaction, realizing that happy customers tend to spend more money than those who feel ignored, taken advantage of and mislead.

    But I'm just a previously p2p launch player who has been f2p for almost a year - what do I know?

    So they get literally no money from annoying you, so of course they don't care about you.
  • KorrinX wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    A quick reminder that we do not officially support third party emulators and to use them at your own risk. We cannot provide you technical assistance if you have issues when using an emulator on a PC.

    Linking devices is totally fine though. There's a button in the settings menu that walks you through the details of how to Iink devices together.

    As I suspected - so how are iOS players supposed to get this character? Is my money not worth the same to you as an Android players?

    It's not the Android players' money they are getting in exchange for the exclusive release - I'm sure it's Google's money.
  • benjammin wrote: »
    KorrinX wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    A quick reminder that we do not officially support third party emulators and to use them at your own risk. We cannot provide you technical assistance if you have issues when using an emulator on a PC.

    Linking devices is totally fine though. There's a button in the settings menu that walks you through the details of how to Iink devices together.

    As I suspected - so how are iOS players supposed to get this character? Is my money not worth the same to you as an Android players?

    It's not the Android players' money they are getting in exchange for the exclusive release - I'm sure it's Google's money.


    Just like K2so when R1 was out. It'll be added to farm soon enough.

    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • Ephran
    458 posts Member
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Another marque release? Why not make him release like R2 and BB8? Oh because this makes you more money somehow? :/

    And whats up with his kit names, no Droid renewable shield? No Droid shockarm? Its like it was chosen by someone who just loaded the game and looked at the first names of a couple random feats and a repair kit, with no actual though put into it about T3 unique gear.

    And he really should be more old rep based and not droid based

    Why the heck would a droid the vast majority of people have never heard of be considered Legendary? The only other Droid worthy of that title is 3PO.

    A vast majority has never heard of? I want what your having smoked. That's a bold claim to make.I mean I know a vast majority does know T3-M4 and how he played a vital role in both games and inbetween and before and after. T3-M4 is the reason Revan and the Exile exist, he helped both of them do a lot, if not for T3, Surik would never have escaped peragus, if not for T3.... I mean, he's more legendary then BB8, a droid in a movie I will never watch because of how terrible Disney star wars is.

    I still know of him because we are star wars fans are we not? T3-M4 is a legendary droid in the star wars universe. How's it my fault that you who are in the minority don't read up about star wars lore? We have the Sith Trium raid, so you are raiding up against something that really early on in the star wars universe nearly ended the force's existence forever? Or about a being who could kill an entire planet because it can eat the force?

    T3 embodies the legendary title so much more then bb8 even if you did watch the movies, bb8 is new, hasn't done much, t3 was apart of jedi civil wars and multiple wars and was around for years doing things.

    I loved both KOTOR games. Still play them on Steam. T3-M4 is not legendary. Not even remotely close. There one and only one character from the KOTOR games that could qualify as legendary, and that is Revan, who is likely to be our next legendary or heroic character release.

    T3-M4 not a legendary toon? You are kidding right. The droid may not be legendary-level.

    You contradicted yourself in one post. The legendary characters we have so far are Emp, Yoda, R2, Thrawn and BB8. Emp and Yoda are two of the most powerful character in the entire series with the former being the primary mover and shaker across the first two trilogies. R2 is one of the most beloved characters in all of fiction and instrumental to the plots of 8 or the 10 movies. BB-8 has been a main character of 2 movies and is Disney's attempt at making their own R2. Thrawn is inarguably the most popular EU character and has been reintroduced into the canon as a fantastic character in Rebels. T3 is a robot on treads. The next legendary droid deserves to be 3PO, saying T3 should be legendary is ridiculous, so ridiculous that you yourself pointed out that he's not on the level of a legendary, like Revan.
  • Ephran
    458 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    The droid may not be legendary-level of Revan, but aside from Bastila and Meetra Surik, T3-M4 comes closest.
    Guy, I hate to break it to you, but the majority of Star Wars fans don't even know who Revan is.

    You'll probably "No True Scotsman" those fans, but that's fine, you're wrong.

    1) How do you define a "fan"?
    2) On the basis of what actual data is your statement made?
    3) So what?

    If you define a fan as anything other than someone who enjoys Star Wars, you're wrong.
  • Ephran wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    The droid may not be legendary-level of Revan, but aside from Bastila and Meetra Surik, T3-M4 comes closest.
    Guy, I hate to break it to you, but the majority of Star Wars fans don't even know who Revan is.

    You'll probably "No True Scotsman" those fans, but that's fine, you're wrong.

    1) How do you define a "fan"?
    2) On the basis of what actual data is your statement made?
    3) So what?

    If you define a fan as anything other than someone who enjoys Star Wars, you're wrong.

    Fan is derived from the word, fanatic. Which in light of recent upheaval certainly fits. lol
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • Two primary rules of business.

    1. Make a good product

    2. Treat your customers as though you like them.

    Guess which one is not being followed.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Nikoms565
    11788 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    I honestly feel bad for the devs because this forum is so dang toxic. People need to relax. Who cares that android gets it early? It isn't a meta breaking character. You're not going to miss out on Revan because of this. Everyone will be able to access the character in time. For 90% of us the character will end up sitting in the roster at 3 stars gear 4 until it becomes farmable anyways. The playerbase just looks at any reason to throw a hissy fit because we think we are entitled to way more than we are. It's a real pain to come to these forums sometimes.

    Ugh ... don't be that guy.

    Dude, just look at your comments in this topic and tell me I'm wrong. Sure, the devs make a lot of mistakes and seem out of touch at what we want at times, but complaining about this is ridiculous. There is nothing worth complaining about here.

    This is correct. Complaints and feedback are a pointless waste of time. There's one thing that CG cares about... Only money...

    ms45wpwm3wau.gif

    Wait wait wait wait, a COMPANY only cares about MONEY?!?! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?

    I know, right? Most companies are smart enough to balance their need for income with customer satisfaction, realizing that happy customers tend to spend more money than those who feel ignored, taken advantage of and mislead.

    But I'm just a previously p2p launch player who has been f2p for almost a year - what do I know?

    So they get literally no money from annoying you, so of course they don't care about you.

    Reading is a skill - they used to get money from me, quite regularly. And many others. It's the silliness with the HSith raid and lack of communication, follow up and ignoring player feedback that has caused many PAYING customers to cease being so. Many of us have provided feedback, while we were still paying customers - for over two and half years.

    My point is simply that they don't care about customer (player) experience or feedback any more - whether you are paying or not. Many of us wisened up to that MO when it became painfully obvious...almost exactly 1 year ago. Coincidentally (?), that's about the same time certain CG/EA developers and team members started to leave/step back and new people came on staff.

    I'll let others figure out who left and who arrived when the model for the game shifted from "let's build a great game together!" to "you'll give us your money and you'll like the changes/we know better than you".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • These are events sponsored by Android. Apple could do it if they wanted. But they don't care.
  • These are events sponsored by Android. Apple could do it if they wanted. But they don't care.

    Yes, yes, that's already been amply covered in this thread. But the issue isn't about Google sponsoring a timed exclusive and Apple not, it's about EA/CG making the decision to, in the end, treat the equal crossplatform playerbase on unequal terms.
  • another_bug117
    43 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    My question is:
    Does Google know that the exclusive period they paid for is being actively mitigated on the forums of the game? Do they know gamechangers are making videos about active work arounds?

    I think exclusively making a toon is bad but it has happened and it should not be allowed to be actively circumvented in the open after CG and EA took a monetary gift to make it exclusive.
  • BubbaFett
    1999 posts Member
    My question is:
    Does Google know that the exclusive period they paid for is being actively mitigated on the forums of the game? Do they know gamechangers are making videos about active work arounds?

    I think exclusively making a toon is bad but it has happened and it should not be allowed to be actively circumvented in the open after CG and EA took a monetary gift to make it exclusive.

    Google doesn't care.... The whole point of the promotion is to reward Android users, incentive people to purchase android devices and, most importantly, create Google Play accounts, which they will have to do even on an emulator.....
  • I am pretty sure if they knew that CG was actively promoting the work around they would care.

  • Ephran
    458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    I honestly feel bad for the devs because this forum is so dang toxic. People need to relax. Who cares that android gets it early? It isn't a meta breaking character. You're not going to miss out on Revan because of this. Everyone will be able to access the character in time. For 90% of us the character will end up sitting in the roster at 3 stars gear 4 until it becomes farmable anyways. The playerbase just looks at any reason to throw a hissy fit because we think we are entitled to way more than we are. It's a real pain to come to these forums sometimes.

    Ugh ... don't be that guy.

    Dude, just look at your comments in this topic and tell me I'm wrong. Sure, the devs make a lot of mistakes and seem out of touch at what we want at times, but complaining about this is ridiculous. There is nothing worth complaining about here.

    This is correct. Complaints and feedback are a pointless waste of time. There's one thing that CG cares about... Only money...

    ms45wpwm3wau.gif

    Wait wait wait wait, a COMPANY only cares about MONEY?!?! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?

    I know, right? Most companies are smart enough to balance their need for income with customer satisfaction, realizing that happy customers tend to spend more money than those who feel ignored, taken advantage of and mislead.

    But I'm just a previously p2p launch player who has been f2p for almost a year - what do I know?

    So they get literally no money from annoying you, so of course they don't care about you.

    Reading is a skill - they used to get money from me, quite regularly. And many others. It's the silliness with the HSith raid and lack of communication, follow up and ignoring player feedback that has caused many PAYING customers to cease being so. Many of us have provided feedback, while we were still paying customers - for over two and half years.

    My point is simply that they don't care about customer (player) experience or feedback any more - whether you are paying or not. Many of us wisened up to that MO when it became painfully obvious...almost exactly 1 year ago. Coincidentally (?), that's about the same time certain CG/EA developers and team members started to leave/step back and new people came on staff.

    I'll let others figure out who left and who arrived when the model for the game shifted from "let's build a great game together!" to "you'll give us your money and you'll like the changes/we know better than you".

    You said you stopped paying a year ago, which was long before the Sith raid, so that's a moot point for you. The had quite a bit of feedback and back and forth from what I remember about a year ago, so what was it exactly that made you stop paying money for this game? A year ago was when people were being babies about all the Phoenix events and Thrawn. I don't blame the devs for not responding all that much to all these truly childish accusations that always get thrown at them. Seriously, "here's a free character" "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SITH RAID" my gosh people if they haven't answered you by now they won't answer you when you're acting like a 3 year old.
  • Mzee
    1720 posts Member
    Don't care about toons until they are farmable so it makes no difference to me either way.
  • I run an emulator on my macbook pro and I have the droid on my iPad :) I am leaving him in the corner and am not gonna upgrade him for now so it did not make much of a difference apart from the few speed mods I got from the event and I tried the droid with my JTR team with bb8 and R2 and I liked the droid.
  • MntMan
    238 posts Member
    I'd consider myself a star wars fan. Old enough to see Return of the Jedi in theaters as a kid. Have seen/own all of the movies (barring Solo ownage). I have a 6 year old and a 4 year old all whom have seen all of the movies as well and most of the Star Wars Rebels. Just got Netflix so Clone Wars are in the queue. I have a jedi consular type costume I wear for Halloween when I trick or treat with the kids and my daughter dressed up as Vadar last year for Halloween as her favorite character. So I'm thinking I fall under the category of "fan".

    Additionally I played KOTOR ages ago when it came out. Played it twice for different outcomes if I recall and in fact dusted it off a few months ago to see if my 6 year was interested, but the start up was so boring it never caught on for him or I. Maybe when he's older and can read on his own.

    Anyways if it wasn't for this game and forum I would not recall that Revan was the main character or much about him at all. He doesn't get me excited in any way and I find it comical how crazy fanatical people are about a video game character. I mean at least in the movies an actor/actress can portray emotion and you can be drawn to them or hate them based on the acting/portrayal. Even cartoons have an element to it. But a video game? Please. If I never pressed the X button I'd never hear what they had to say next. Not the same flow and sometimes the storyline goes on and on too long. Snooze. Skip. X button, x button, next. I mean I remember at the time the game seemed fun, but I'd rather see Porkins released than Revan.

    So I don't really get the Revan obsession. It's almost like a bunch of hipsters hanging around trying to see how much more hipster they can be. "I only listen to it on my hi-fi while wearing my goat hair knit cardigan after applying pomade to my curly mustache and adjusting my monocle. Man am I hungry. i could use some GMO free range kimchi served on an aluminum lunch tray while drinking a quadruple IPA out of a mason jar. Yum. That IPA has a hint of **** and horse blanket."

    All joking aside it's cool people like the content. I never begrudge anyone their fun. I myself like a nice horse blanekty IPA served in a mason jar. :) I just don't get the crazy attachment and I certainly don't think all fans know KOTOR or it's lore. I think with most things it's based on your age and what you were exposed to at critical points of life.

    As for TS-M4 I don't recall him at all. Hardly think he's legendary material. In fact if no one told me I would have thought it was Wall-E. Revan on the other hand. Even I agree that he deserves legendary status if for no other reason than the cult following he has. I'm an iOs user. Took me 5 minutes to download an emulator on my PC, get TS-M4 and head back to my iPhone to watch him sit in storage as a three star until such time CG makes it farmable.
  • Olddumper
    2847 posts Member
    to bad the game is broken would love to see it.
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    Well, I'm glad I avoided this thread after I made that post, sheesh guys, calm down :o
    Did many people wake up on the wrong side of the bed this past week? x3
    Can't just have fun anymore can we.

    So people love T3, so people wish it was legendary, so what? Why you gotta be like this. There is many many people who love Kotor and everything about it still after 15years, that should be a celebrated thing, a good thing, it shows how good star wars can be and how much it can mean to people.

    No need to fight about it :/
Sign In or Register to comment.