Update on Mod Secondary Stat Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Cheers for getting back to me bud, It going to be kinda hard to find out what they've done then.
    My theory has gone out the window if they've taken the mods back and re-rolled them then returned them, but it does make sense.
    If that is indeed what they've done then I don't see any way back from it. One thing that has come from this is realising my middle game mods suck :dizzy:

• Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Why you even upgrading mods, when your account is affected by this bug?

From what i'm starting to understand this isn't just mods that were impacted by the bug but it could have been mods you've been using for months that have been re-rolled.
    An example is :
    I get a Defence square that rolls +20 speed but its only rolled the mod 3 times, +5 > +20, rather than roll those mods once more they've taken the mod away, re-rolled it and returned it with worse stats, some instances without speed entirely. This is why I'm asking the Dev's for an clear and thorough explanation as to whats happened, at this point its all guesswork and theory
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Why you even upgrading mods, when your account is affected by this bug?

From what i'm starting to understand this isn't just mods that were impacted by the bug but it could have been mods you've been using for months that have been re-rolled.
    An example is :
    I get a Defence square that rolls +20 speed but its only rolled the mod 3 times, +5 > +20, rather than roll those mods once more they've taken the mod away, re-rolled it and returned it with worse stats, some instances without speed entirely. This is why I'm asking the Dev's for an clear and thorough explanation as to whats happened, at this point its all guesswork and theory

This is the heart of the issue, and sadly there is nothing we can do, Due to cg messing up and then flubbing the “fix” in a big way, There is a lot of devalued mods, And not only speed wise, Also offense hard numbers have been reduced, This is on chars that have lived with their mods for months if not years, Nothing was changed during the so called issue week.
  • Options
    perhaps cg/ea can bring an explanation for us all to understand, what happend the past 8 days. why were which player affected with which "reparation" of their mods.

in the game random plays a big rule, but what have the less than one percent player done to be the aim of this two updates?
  • another_bug117
    43 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I lost a lot of offensive mods that had never been rolled and I was keeping them once I had enough decent mods to cover my wants.

The reality is CG only works in a vacuum of problems not occurring but they have written code so poorly it's starting to unravel.

I also didn't get any boosts and several of my static mods showed reduction. So no refund no anything and they just keep flubbing up.

Do they not do analysis pre update?

How could you not...see all these changes? I'm thinking the end is nigh.
  • Options
    I am looking forward to a change in mods. I'm sorry some people have suffered some loses, but for many a change in the way mods are implemented will be a welcome relief. There will be new opportunities for many, and the new clarity of each mod is essential going forward.
  • Options
    I just wish we could get to a point where we could look forward to an update without a sense of dread because something major is going to go wrong. I used to get hype every update now I'm like what do they mess up this time.

Too many bugs too much rng. Not actual gameplay tactics are needed.
  • Options
    I just wish we could get to a point where we could look forward to an update without a sense of dread because something major is going to go wrong. I used to get hype every update now I'm like what do they mess up this time.

Too many bugs too much rng. Not actual gameplay tactics are needed.

It's only a game a no game that's internet based will last forever. When trying to be serious with a game, that tends to make it not fun. Look at it from the point that the game has come a long way in the past 3 years. Characters are easier to get, money, mods, ext...are easier to get. There's a lot of good that has changed and people always seem to forget out those updates.

Taking things less serious will make the game fun again.
  • Options
    Some People get free Crystals? Really?
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Wow they screwed up the bug fix of the big fix, who saw that coming?
  • Options
    five2zero wrote: »

They might have gotten free crystals, but those people lost a bunch of good speed mods. The crystals can’t nearly compensate for the mods that don’t have speed anymore.
  • Options

They might have gotten free crystals, but those people lost a bunch of good speed mods. The crystals can’t nearly compensate for the mods that don’t have speed anymore.

They lost an unfair advantage that was mistakenly given to them...understandable they are upset but if they took advantage of it they got way more than 200 crystals worth of stuff. They I'm afraid deserved nothing.
  • Options

They lost an unfair advantage that was mistakenly given to them...understandable they are upset but if they took advantage of it they got way more than 200 crystals worth of stuff. They I'm afraid deserved nothing.

You are presuming way too much
  • Options

So if they got no advantage or didn't use it...they seriously don't deserve a reward.

• CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Hi folks,

All accounts we have investigated in this thread and on reddit for missing mods turned out to not be missing but move around to other characters. There is a good chance your mods are hiding on another character if you are missing a particularly memorable secondary stat.

I went through the two screenshots from Empiric personally and found their locations in SWGOH.GG
    See the screen below for where those mods went. The second mod is not showing up on the site because it's in his inventory and not on a character.
    ctw8glfo13lz.png
  • Options

So if they got no advantage or didn't use it...they seriously don't deserve a reward.

Try reading some posts again, the issue is mods were messed with, and the supposed snapshot is a joke , folks that have raised the issue are already top of their respective arenas , your comments are pointless and completely off base.
  • KonstantinG
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    SBCrumb,

Do you acknowledge that the secondaries values (including speed) of some of our mods were changed after yesterday's patch? compared with those that we had before 19.07
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

All accounts we have investigated in this thread and on reddit for missing mods turned out to not be missing but move around to other characters. There is a good chance your mods are hiding on another character if you are missing a particularly memorable secondary stat.

I went through the two screenshots from Empiric personally and found their locations in SWGOH.GG
    See the screen below for where those mods went. The second mod is not showing up on the site because it's in his inventory and not on a character.
    ctw8glfo13lz.png

Hi there,

I didn't move my mods and 60-70% of it are affected by this update. Not only speed were reduced but other stats too.

xkp9jkounmrg.jpg

al34rgrxo5be.jpg

• Options
    I can provide more pics if needed.
  • Options
    Haven't gone thru all my toons but my highest speed mods +21 +23 +21 have all gone down and the mods on my palp have actually leveled down. I'm sure these are the same mods because of the stats. I can still see them on SWGOH site as 23 21 23 being my highest mods and i took a screenshot then refreshed the data and now they are to the low mods. soooo is that suppose to be a glitch? cuz I've had these speed mods a long time ago
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Ha. Back to my post. You are all experiencing the Mandela Effect remembering things that weren't and clearly as they pointed out there has been oversight on your part of where your mods are. I rarely. Very rarely back up CG given all the other debacles, but cheers to them here. I mean seriously. Odds for people to be as affected as they claim on such a large scale individually (10+ speed mods affected.) is absurd.

I'm not saying anyone maliciously or intentionally tried to mislead, but rather than further research people jumped to a conclusion and started demanding tens of thousands of dollars back. Now let's see how many people step up with an I'm sorry or how many try to stick to their guns in the face of facts.

I say point to CG on this one. It;'s a close one since the original muck up is worth a minus half point, but overall they come out with a win here. Umm now maybe focus on a larger impacting/wide spread issue like STR?
  • Options
    Dude I'm not having any Mandela Effect. Some people might not check it thoroughly, but luckily I've made back up all of my mods, so as you can see even mods 10+ were altered.

jh9pu6sa2phk.jpg

j7l45acnu80l.jpg
  • Options
    Most of my mods were changed, and they offered me 100 crystals for compensation... I won't even comment how sad joke is that.
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Another change is that At level 3, currently green mods with secondary speed will always gain another speed. After the change they won't. So statistically you can maximize your expected secondary speed by upgrading any non-gold mods now.

Who said this and when? Link pls. As far as I know the coming update will enable players to see the secondaries on mods before upgrading them, nothing more. And I also don't see how slicing would prevent a green mod with speed as the only secondary stat to roll anything other than speed. If slicing only works on mods with level 12-15 then it shouldn't affect the roll of the green mod since the speed will already have rolled at level 3 by the time it reaches level 12-15 for the slicing. Correct me if I'm wrong pls.

• Montu
    2 posts Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly from the original post there was a discussion about secondaries that did not increase (i.e. a 5pt, lvl 1, gold mod where the 3rd secondary (speed in my example) did not increase when leveled to lvl 15). I was under the impression this was supposed to be fixed, but I had it happen to 2 Tenacity mods today... fix still coming?
  • Options
    Jasp wrote: »
    Something is bugged big time, for example my Enfy’s nest was 295 Speed and is now 266. Another players Enfy’s on my arena shard was 286 and still is. I’ve been 295 speed for a month or more after countless speed mod farming, this all simply needs to be rolled back or any traction in Monthly in app revenue made is going to halt from the mass exodus. No crazy mods that were 30+ speed but going from say 20-24 to 5-10 is absolute ****.

"Only the mods that were affected" got rolled back. I call **** to that very statement. I now have many lv15 mods with +4 speed secondaries. I don't nor would I ever upgrade a +4 speed mod to level 15. Something definitely isn't right here.....

This is exactly the point here, . . Sadly it is falling on deaf ears that don’t care.