Update on Mod Secondary Stat Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    I don’t know about all players, but all my mods drops secondary stats. So now I lost all my good mods that’s I collect around 2 years. EA support can’t say anything and I rederect me to phorum.

So how can I get my mods back? This bugged rollback forcing me get out of game.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Finally sat in front of my PC so I can write a proper response
    Ok so the bug 'that we did not cause nor have any influence over' has finally been fixed with a roll back on our mods back to "Pre-Patch" levels?
    As always I have questions that their post doesn't seem to cover -

1) My understanding is that the original fix was because various mods in our inventory hadn't rolled a 4th time, this is why so many of our mods were affected . Instead of rolling the 4th time it seemed the mods rolled the 4th plus an additional 4 like taking the mod from 1 > 12 again, is this true?
    2) If it is, when do we get that finally 4th roll? If I have understood right we've all been playing at a disadvantage for a long time, it would be nice to have that corrected, especially after all this
    3) You seem to have given us the credits back from taking some mods from 12 > 15 but 0 compensation for a bug that was beyond our control, I assume you think us having better mods is the compensation but as someone who finishes 1st daily in arena it cause me more trouble that it was worth. My Chexmix and nightsisters were broke, my good mods were all over the place and it took hours of re-modding just to fix them. In this case the negative out weighted the positive contrary to what people may think...

I really hope your response to this is a quick as the previous problem, but as I said in my last post, we are the 1% now...

@CG_SBCrumb

Buhu... You got to many God mods for a short time... Get over it. You get no compensation.

Hi

Here's is my swgoh: https://swgoh.gg/u/adapting/

I already get rank 1 everyday, I've been getting rank 1 pretty much since Arena unlocked for me.The only time I haven't gotten rank 1 was about a month ago when my dog died and I wasn't playing.

So no there were no benefits for me to have these mods boosted for a very short period of time, I was already at the top of my arena shard, boosted mods or not.

What happened is I had to remod everything and now I have to do it again, and because of CG's incompetence, I had to spend millions of credits re-levelling other mods and just had to do the same thing again, not to mention the hours spent doing it because their mod management tool is so bad, and now I have to do it again and to be quite honest, I can't be bothered to do it, I'd rather wait until I have a new arena team in 3 months, it really is such a chore.

Also, I am 99% sure my mods are now different, I didn't have god mods but most of my sets, particularly arena sets were around +15, most of my mods are now 10 or lower, I don't get to rank 1 every single day for the last 6 months by having crap mods.

The point I'm making is, i don't want the boosted mods because that feels like cheating and it's unfair and takes the fun out of the game for me if I know I'm only winning because of a bug, but they SCREWED the fix up as well and now all the work I've done and all the mod farming I've done has been screwed up because they even bug their bug fix!

• Options
    Adelando wrote: »
    I don’t know about all players, but all my mods drops secondary stats. So now I lost all my good mods that’s I collect around 2 years. EA support can’t say anything and I rederect me to phorum.

So how can I get my mods back? This bugged rollback forcing me get out of game.

Same here, if this isn't fixed I'm quitting and asking Google for a refund. I have been rank 1 in Arena every day for 6 months because of how much effort I've put into mod farming, while everyone else got JTR 3 months ahead of me I wasn't farming Vets because I farmed mods instead. Now they screwed up the rollback and most of my mods are much worse than before, I barely have any mods now above 9/10 speed when they were all around the +15 mark, they can't even fix a bug fix without screwing it up, the freaking irony here is insane and now because we're the 1% they probably won't care.

I've taken screenshots of everything and if there isn't a communication from a Dev in the next 7 days I'm asking google to refund the $10000 I've spent in this game.
  • Options
    Also I’m not a software engineer but I work alongside a lot of them, I want to understand EXACTLY what they were doing to the mods that caused this bug in the first place.

Why were the mod stats boosted ? And it wasn’t just speed, it was protection, offense and all others as well.

Is this a hint that 6/7* mods are coming and they are going to be boosted to make up for having to farm new mods?

Is this what slicing is going to do ?

I want to understand why the bug was caused in the first place, and how did you screw it up

• Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    Also, I am 99% sure my mods are now different, I didn't have god mods but most of my sets, particularly arena sets were around +15, most of my mods are now 10 or lower

I'm glad someone else has said this, I've spent 2 hours re-modding people now (Not just because of the 'fix' just needed doing) and I'm finding the middle mods I had on squads outside my arena teams seem much lower in speed than before. I thought I was going crazy but re-modding my Phoenix/First Order/Nightsisters etc seems like those mods were around the 12 speed level before, now they're around the 8 speed... I don't have any screenshots of before and after... (why would I?) but my middle ground mods seem to have also been impacted?
  • dany
    8 posts Member
    Options
    Same here - this is totally ridiculous.
    My mods are a mess now and speed secondaries are lower than before. Don't know what to do.
  • Options
    Also, I am 99% sure my mods are now different, I didn't have god mods but most of my sets, particularly arena sets were around +15, most of my mods are now 10 or lower

I'm glad someone else has said this, I've spent 2 hours re-modding people now (Not just because of the 'fix' just needed doing) and I'm finding the middle mods I had on squads outside my arena teams seem much lower in speed than before. I thought I was going crazy but re-modding my Phoenix/First Order/Nightsisters etc seems like those mods were around the 12 speed level before, now they're around the 8 speed... I don't have any screenshots of before and after... (why would I?) but my middle ground mods seem to have also been impacted?

This is not a joke or speculation, this 100% happened. Luckily one of my Shard Mates for some reason had a couple of pictures of my mods in his Google Drive , he doesn't have any more as recently reformatted his phone but these 2 are proof enough.

nxhiko81xrlf.jpg
    u4uodvbrqojn.jpg

I don't have these mods any more! They have all been rolled back and are now 7-12 speed secondaries, they probably reset it to 0, rolled 4 again and if you didn't get as good rolls again tough luck.

This is not on, I've spent $10K in this game this year, I've been doing 5 refreshes on cantina energy to farm mods for once and now all my work is down the toilet, poof gone, for what, for a 7 days mod boost that I didn't even NEED BECAUSE I'M ALREADY TAKING RANK 1 IN ARENA ANY WAY?

I don't even know what to do from here, if I report this to customer support they won't have a clue how to fix it.
  • Options

This is not a joke or speculation, this 100% happened. Luckily one of my Shard Mates for some reason had a couple of pictures of my mods in his Google Drive , he doesn't have any more as recently reformatted his phone but these 2 are proof enough.

nxhiko81xrlf.jpg
    u4uodvbrqojn.jpg

I don't have these mods any more! They have all been rolled back and are now 7-12 speed secondaries, they probably reset it to 0, rolled 4 again and if you didn't get as good rolls again tough luck.

This is not on, I've spent $10K in this game this year, I've been doing 5 refreshes on cantina energy to farm mods for once and now all my work is down the toilet, poof gone, for what, for a 7 days mod boost that I didn't even NEED BECAUSE I'M ALREADY TAKING RANK 1 IN ARENA ANY WAY?

I don't even know what to do from here, if I report this to customer support they won't have a clue how to fix it.

Screenshot_20180720-171231_Chrome.jpg?width=284&height=584

Screenshot_20180720-171237_Chrome.jpg?width=284&height=584

• Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb

An answer here? Are you going to refund the 10K I spent in this game in millions of credits and 5 cantina refreshes daily or just give me my OLD mods back (pre-screw up update)
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    Here's the reply I just got:

Thank you for contacting E.A. help this is Christian.

I see that your having trouble or problem with the game Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience but let me try my best to help you with this.

Can you try this trouble shooting steps please:
    1. Close all the apps running in the background on Your device
    2. Disconnect and reconnect from the network that is being used.
    3.Clear their devices cache.
    4. Restart their device and attempt to download the app again.
    5. Check the Android OS version to ensure that it is compatible with the Google Play system requirements.
    6. Check the storage space on the device to ensure that it will allow the download of the app.
    7. Force Quit Android Apps as per Zendesk help
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    hi BionicGolem,

i feared this answer. this is a scandal! and a slap in the face of all player, who tried to built some strong teams without unlimited resources. quality before quantity was always important for me. i burned HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS credits to buy and level mods. don't want speak of the crystals i burned for refreshing cantina energy to get the ONE mod.

It's only a scandal if you didn't actually read the post.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry proof of what exactly? We see a set of mods. Are you saying they are no longer in your inventory somewhere attached to another toon? I believe that CG said people who were affected got an email. Did you get an email? In fact I'm curious if most of the people complaining got an email and were affected at all or just want to complain. I'm not saying yo weren't and others weren't. More curiosity. This is less than 1% of the population and it is not their entire mod roster. If I had to guess I'd say that the number was probably less than 1% of the population and of that probably only one or two mods in their line up got affected so truly a small number of mods. Add in the fact that speed is only one stat and you are really looking at such a small percentage.

A bug by the way that people benefited from for a while. Say what you want about mods not helping you, but mods, and particularly speed mods give a huge advantage. It is the single most game changing stat. No one in here is complaining that their tenacity got changed. Better mods for a period got people more crystals, place better in raids and helped their guilds in TW and TB. There can be no doubt about it. If you doubt that I'll ask if you didn't use mods at all how would your team fair against a similair team with mods?

Look I'm all up in arms about CG. There are many things to dislike about them right now, but this seems minor. Sorry.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    MntMan wrote: »
    Sorry proof of what exactly? We see a set of mods. Are you saying they are no longer in your inventory somewhere attached to another toon? I believe that CG said people who were affected got an email. Did you get an email? In fact I'm curious if most of the people complaining got an email and were affected at all or just want to complain. I'm not saying yo weren't and others weren't. More curiosity. This is less than 1% of the population and it is not their entire mod roster. If I had to guess I'd say that the number was probably less than 1% of the population and of that probably only one or two mods in their line up got affected so truly a small number of mods. Add in the fact that speed is only one stat and you are really looking at such a small percentage.

A bug by the way that people benefited from for a while. Say what you want about mods not helping you, but mods, and particularly speed mods give a huge advantage. It is the single most game changing stat. No one in here is complaining that their tenacity got changed. Better mods for a period got people more crystals, place better in raids and helped their guilds in TW and TB. There can be no doubt about it. If you doubt that I'll ask if you didn't use mods at all how would your team fair against a similair team with mods?

Look I'm all up in arms about CG. There are many things to dislike about them right now, but this seems minor. Sorry.

Yes I have proof of my mods PRIOR to the boost and they are gone or have different speed secondary upgrades.

Most likely they reverted everything to level 1, then rolled them back up to level 15 and if I didn't get the same rolls tough luck.

I've lost 10+ 15 speed secondaries and higher because of this bug.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options

Also I don't need any help, I've been top 1 in Arena for the last 6 months and I'm in a HSTR guild, so no I didn't benefit from a 7 day mod boost because I didn't NEED it nor ASKED for it.

https://swgoh.gg/u/adapting/

What I did lose was 6 months of mod farming progress
  • Immortal_Noz
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    As per the above, I also place 1st daily in arena and Top 4 in my HSTR guild. In fact the past 2 raids have been lower as my Chexmix was broken and P3 goes so quickly I couldn't fix it in time.
    People seem to be mis-reading what is being implied here, we aren't necessarily asking for compensation (although it would be prudent) we are asking :

What happened to the mods in the first place to warrant the original fix?
    What did the fix do to our mods?
    How did you fix the 'broken fix?'
    Are you planning on fixing the original issue? (Mods only rolled 3 times instead of 4?)

Also what seems to have cropped up after this 'patch' is various mods have been re-rolled (presumably) and lost previous rolls (Pre the first fix - So it doesn't look like a server snapshot has been used after all) - with this i'm not 100% sure this have effected me but I feel it may have done as my middle teams seems to have taken a hit in speeds.

https://swgoh.gg/u/immortal_noz/
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    It's ok CG, my wife is going to be very happy when Google refunds me all the money I've spent in this game ($10K +)
  • Options

Also I don't need any help, I've been top 1 in Arena for the last 6 months and I'm in a HSTR guild, so no I didn't benefit from a 7 day mod boost because I didn't NEED it nor ASKED for it.

I'm not going through each and every mod of yours (you have some pretty nice ones). But the CC-Circle now showing on Mother Talzin in your .gg profile looks very much like the one your screenshot shows on Stick Rey - just with an additional 900 Protection on top.
    Or the supposedly missing CC-Circle on Thrawn - looks like your Stick Rey now has one very much like it - just with HIGHER speed and Crit Chance.
    Could be coincidence, but what are the odds of totally different mods rolling the exact same 4 Secondaries, with 2 of them showing the exact same value?
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    Can I also get monster mods if I photoshop a picture like that too?
    It shouldnt take longer than 30 minutes.
  • Options
    Roopehun wrote: »

It's worth a try, if you use the full extent of your power you can make anything real.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    Roopehun wrote: »

That picture didn't come from me, it came from one of my arena shard mates who happened to have old pictures of my mods in his google drive.

Also if you think +16 speed mods are monster mods then you must be a new player.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Well OK. People that legitimately lost stuff I feel your pain. It's not fun and also with a constant lack of communication it is frustrating, but:

- People are asking for compensation (someone above asked for $10,000 back. LOL. Good luck with that. I'm sure you have receipts that show all $10,000 was only spent on mods and you got no other benefit or enjoyment from those purchases). Though I recognize you are not asking for comp and I think your approach is reasonable. You're asking for them to explain better.
    - People are generalizing which always makes me skeptical. Like I lost 10+ speed mod secondaries. I mean was it 11? 22? 49 speed mods? If you're unsure how can you not be sure it wasn't closer to 6 or 7? Not that any more than just 1 is acceptable in my mind, but if people are so good at cataloging their mods let's get some details here.
    - I think the bullet above kind of makes me think there is a Mandela effect going on here. I mean I looked through my mods on my main arena team plus some key raid ones. To be honest I too feel like I had a couple mods that had better speed before, but I got no email saying mine were adjusted and what are the chances right? Probably just revisionist history in my head and wishful thinking.
    - If the problem is as small scale as they say it is, plus they have not said it is only speed have they? So that means any one of what 10? 12? secondary (Being lazy I could look) stats could be affected. So let's say that 1,000 mods across SWGOH were changed. (probably much higher, but just a random number to use as an example). Of the 1,000 is it reasonable to say that given the 10 or so different secondaries you could potentially have then maybe only 100 speed secondaries were changed. Given how many people play what are again the chances that a single person had 10 of those in their line up. 10 speed secondaries that is. That is also assuming that they have the worst luck in the world because chances are if they have 10 speed secondaries changed they probably also had 10 protection, 10 health %, 10 tenacity..........etc. Right? I mean if you had 10 speed you had to have had others too. Wouldn't you think it would be more spread out? One person here with one. Maybe one person with 2. Again one or two mods affected. Not one or two speed secondaries.

It just seems crazy, but I'm sure there are a handful, and only a handful, that may have gotten worse than the others, but again in the realm of 10+ speed mods in a single account? Based on what CG is saying that seems unlikely at best.

That being said if the problem is more widespread than they are saying and their fix either a) affected a larger population of mods than they originally thought or b) t heir fix didn't work as intended (surprise!!!) well then alright. Let's light this thing up.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options

I'm not going through each and every mod of yours (you have some pretty nice ones). But the CC-Circle now showing on Mother Talzin in your .gg profile looks very much like the one your screenshot shows on Stick Rey - just with an additional 900 Protection on top.
    Or the supposedly missing CC-Circle on Thrawn - looks like your Stick Rey now has one very much like it - just with HIGHER speed and Crit Chance.
    Could be coincidence, but what are the odds of totally different mods rolling the exact same 4 Secondaries, with 2 of them showing the exact same value?

Do you know why I place rank 1 in arena everyday and am in a HSTR guild when I've only played this game since Dec 2017?

Because I've spent over $10K in this game, I had a LOT of mods, I had 2 arena teams +15 speed modded, my Nightsisters and my JTR team.

I'm not here to argue coincidences, I'm saying my MODS are gone, my mods didn't boost from 5 speed to 27 speed (as you can see from the ones in my SWGOH). They boosted from +15/16 to 20-25

I've already posted pictures of my old not boosted mods and you can see my boosted mods from last nights swgoh sync.

So why are you denying that I had a ton of +16 speed mods and now they are all gone ???

Also the mods you are looking at like the Talzin, Rey one etc, are my BOOSTED mods, those +16 were about +10 speed before and I dont even use Thrawn, Thrawn had my mods after I modded all of my JTR and NS , he has my 3rd/4th tier mods.

You're looking at my boosted mods and comparing them to my old mods.

Also I didn't mod my Rey with my boosted mods, if you want to look at them in SWGOH I actually gave them to Enfys Nest. Scav Rey doesnt have arena mods, she has mods good enough to do HSTR.

Do you want me to send you screenshots of my Nest now with her +9 speed mods that were +15/18 before the boost ???
  • Options
    gn2zlv8jfdrb.png

CG said anyone affected would be in boxed - here is mine, I screenshot it cause I was a lil insulted by their wording.

Empiric - I think some of those mods you screenshot are on your Nest buddy, they've been reduced from when your SWGOH was updated due to the patch but they all share the same substrates.

CG did state that it wasn't just speed that was affected but its the easiest to monitor as most/all toons need speed so even a 10>11 jump could mean the difference between you going first of the opposition. Thus my confusion with my 'middle mods' or 'none arena' mods as they did seem lower today than last week, could be a placebo though after being totally confused for a week with all these different mods... I honestly don't know.

My primary concern isn't this fall out, its knowing. Knowing what has happened, whats currently happening and what they are going to do about it. This comes back to my above points :

What happened to the mods in the first place to warrant the original fix?
    What did the fix do to our mods?
    How did you fix the 'broken fix?'
    Are you planning on fixing the original issue? (Mods only rolled 3 times instead of 4?)

What I suspect has happened is various mods in people collections haven't levelled up correctly, this has only really affected people that roll a mod from 1 > 12 to see if they get that 4 x ( 5 > 25+) speed drop. What I think happened is it only rolled the mod 3 times not 4 ( 5 > 20+ Max) so they needed to patch. This patch backfired and rolled the mod not just the once that was required but 5 times this would account for the high speeds and protection etc.

Yes I understand this NEEDED to be fixed, Im happy with that... what I want to know is if/when are they going to fix the original problem?
  • Options
    CG, you just rerolled my mods and returned it to me with less speed. What the hell?
    Please restore my mods according to pre-patch condition asap! I have excel table previously saved from swgoh.gg if needed.
    I spent so much resources and time farming those mods! What are you doing?
  • Options

Do you know why I place rank 1 in arena everyday and am in a HSTR guild when I've only played this game since Dec 2017?

Because I've spent over $10K in this game, I had a LOT of mods, I had 2 arena teams +15 speed modded, my Nightsisters and my JTR team.

I'm not here to argue coincidences, I'm saying my MODS are gone, my mods didn't boost from 5 speed to 27 speed (as you can see from the ones in my SWGOH). They boosted from +15/16 to 20-25

I've already posted pictures of my old not boosted mods and you can see my boosted mods from last nights swgoh sync.

So why are you denying that I had a ton of +16 speed mods and now they are all gone ???

Also the mods you are looking at like the Talzin, Rey one etc, are my BOOSTED mods, those +16 were about +10 speed before and I dont even use Thrawn, Thrawn had my mods after I modded all of my JTR and NS , he has my 3rd/4th tier mods.

You're looking at my boosted mods and comparing them to my old mods.

Also I didn't mod my Rey with my boosted mods, if you want to look at them in SWGOH I actually gave them to Enfys Nest. Scav Rey doesnt have arena mods, she has mods good enough to do HSTR.

Do you want me to send you screenshots of my Nest now with her +9 speed mods that were +15/18 before the boost ???

I was trying to point out that the mods you screenshotted as proof of your loss SEEM to be still somewhere in your inventory. At least in the inventory you were kind enough to link here. Maybe sync it, and I'll have another look. With the information you provided, I could only see that 3 out of 3 mods I looked for in your inventory are still there with better stats (GK's Square is now sitting on NS Zombie, totally unchanged).
  • Options
    CG, you just rerolled my mods and returned it to me with less speed. What the hell?
    Please restore my mods according to pre-patch condition asap! I have excel table previously saved from swgoh.gg if needed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/176771/update-on-mod-secondary-stat-changes

They've returned them back to a screenshot of last Thursday

• Options
    Same for me too I spent all my cantina energy for weeks on mod farming and now I have lost loads of speed secondary stats not just on 1 day this sucks big time
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/176771/update-on-mod-secondary-stat-changes

They've returned them back to a screenshot of last Thursday

No, they didn’t return it in the original state. They rerolled affected mods and then returned it... with less speed of course
  • Options
    No, they didn’t return it in the original state. They rerolled affected mods and then returned it... with less speed of course

Do you have any example of this bud, I'm trying to get my head around whats been changed. I've flicked through all my mods and can't see any that stand out specifically as having changed but I have over 1000 mods so hard to keep track
  • Options
    I have google spreadsheet which extracts mods data from swgoh.gg profile and then I able to work on that data in Excel to sort mods etc. I compared those xls files before and after patch and noticed that now my mods have different attributes and less speed. So I’m suppose that they were rerolled firstly and then returned to me.
    I’ll give CG examples if needed, now I’m away from laptop because of weekend.