Update on Mod Secondary Stat Changes [MEGA]

123457Next

Replies

• Options
    There's been a lot of discussion about mods that people think are different to what they were before the initial fix, I don't know about that for sure, but I have actual facts about what mods were changed by my rollback.

I have an export from https://mods-optimizer.swgoh.grandivory.com/ from before the rollback and after it, which crucially, contains each mod's unique id - this unique id doesn't change if the mod is levelled to moved to another toon. This is a basis for a proper comparison of data, screenshots of individual toons is not because it doesn't tell you if it's the same mod.

Unfortunately, I don't have a snap from before the original "fix" - I ignored a guildmate's advice: "... I highly recommend everyone screenshots their mods on swgoh.gg prior to that time. If you don’t...." you can guess how that sentence ends.

What I can tell is that of 628 mods I had on toons before and after the rollback, 1111 secondary stats across 512 mods were lower by the rollback - I don't know if they were lowered to what they were before the fix only that they were lowered.

What I can also say is it's very unlikely that all your rolled-back mods were reset to level 1 and re-levelled, not a single one of my mods has different secondaries (only different values) and they weren't all gold to start, so if they had been re-levelled by the rollback some of them would have different secondaries, and likely a few secondaries would be higher, none are higher.

If you're seeing different secondaries on a particular toon's slot then you probably moved that mod between the fix and the rollback - I have a handful of mods that are in different places in my after-snap but that's only because I moved a few around between taking my before-snap and the rollback.

I think people are misunderstanding the "Please note that you may get a different sub-stat than the sub-stat that was removed if you re-level your mod." I take this to mean that if a mod was <lvl12 before the "fix" and you leveled it between the "fix" and the rollback then the rollback put it back to the level it was before the "fix" (not always back to level 1 and re-rolled it), this is the credits you had refunded; if you levelled it again it might get a different secondary, but it's not a different secondary to before the fix, it didn't have that secondary then.

Given that I can't say for sure what my stats were before the "fix" I can't assert that the rollback did anything other that what they said it did.

@CG_SBCrumb What I'm still waiting for an answer to is: when are the 1% going to have the original fix applied properly? The 99% have had the original problem (some mods didn't get enough secondary ticks) fixed and the 1% have not.
  • Options
    When I was wondering why I kept going second. got a random -5 to speed.

kc5xxxy2nxhj.png
    xk9hz60a6aok.jpg

The first screenie above was taken 6 days ago.
  • Morey
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    yeah after some more looking , a bunch of my mods changed for the worse (my toon's speeds dropped). Unfortunately only have proof for this one mod.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/morey/
  • Options
    This Id?

yes
  • Options
    Morey wrote: »
    When I was wondering why I kept going second. got a random -5 to speed.
    The first screenie above was taken 6 days ago.

The original fix was 13 days ago, the dev's assertion is that the speed was 21 before their errant fix bumped it to 26 and they've just put it back how it was before the fix. Are you claiming you know for sure it was 26 before the 19th? Because I'd be over the moon with a +21 never mind a +26 - I've been playing since the beginning and my highest speed secondary is 16.

• Options
    moby wrote: »
    This Id?

yes

Ok cool thanks. I'll take some time and go over all these and come back tomorrow with my findings.

Upload them somewhere if you like - I have some transforms I can put them through that'll make the comparison a lot easier - I'm intrigued by an actual before-the-fix:after-the-rollback comparison of hard data
  • Options
    This is ridiculous, I haven't changed my mods on my arena team for Months!!! I'm a day 1 player in a competitive arena. I have been using Rex lead and i'm top 50 climbing to top 20 daily.

I noticed today I'm 100+ rank so I come here and see this post about mod rollback are read a bit its true. Possibly this was intentional to mess up 5* mods and then just introduce 6* as the fix but i'd like to not believe that.

My +14 triangle on Thrawn is now a +9
    My +13 triangle on GK is now a +8
    My +15 triangle on DN is now a +10 and DN cross mod is now a +8

ALL MY ARENA MODS WERE 13-22 speed, I've only checked my arena team so far but 4 of the 30 arena mods have gone to 10 or below. I HAVENT MOVED ANY MODS THIS IS MY ARENA TEAM I USE DAILY!!!!!

This is worse than trying to nerf Zombie when Zombie isn't even on the broken Traya P3 team. Wow Just unbelievable they can mess something like this up so bad.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It’s very easy to drop that many spots since they use a rank swap system. So you don’t just drop 1 spot when you lose, but you could very well be a victim of shard chat mofia. It’s been like 2 weeks since mod change so I wouldnt think it took this long to be effected.
  • moby
    6 posts Member
    Options
    UPDATE: I am sorry to inform you all that I was mistaken. After further review of my mods (most recent before bug was July 3rd using a json file) and my mods now, my mods were indeed rolled back correctly. I didn't realize just how many mods were affected via bug. I did notice a couple minor changes but that's because of the roll back itself. I stand corrected and I WAS WRONG.

Good to hear, and thanks for being big enough to admit it.

That just leaves the question @CG_SBCrumb of when the fix will be re-applied properly for the 1% - I have a ticket open asking the same question and I've been offered crystals and credits but not an answer
  • Options
    ไม่ต้องการพูดถึงผลึกที่ฉันเผาผลาญพลังงาน Cantina สดชื่นเพื่อรับ mod หนึ่งufabet : p
  • Options
    Hey devs....

Can you please answer us and give us our secondary stats on our mods backs please....

For example, my set mod on my Vader lost 23 speed because of this update without any reason.... A lot of my characters lost a lot of speed too because of this...

Here you can see if you don't believe me, they are the same mods but without the speed I had... Please fix it asap !

vitesse = speed

x3tapjcixij2.png
    pd22822rfxsv.png

jf3j745yq91i.png
    94yyf698zmnk.png

xe19qh0icdty.png
    bsg8y9grn55m.png

ywfbmf6i0mcv.png
    34i9eakd3oab.png

imuifzbulow7.png
    be11n2jqoh6x.png

23vgmceaa5e5.png
    iiqg1o41cc0v.png

ps : as you can see, the mods which had not that much speed haven't been touched by this update....weird or intended.... ?

• jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Update to solve a problem + Rollback-Update of this Update = NO SOLUTION OF THE PRIMARY PROBLEM!
  • Options
    I also saw my arena squads speed lowered
  • Options
    Can we get an answer ? When will we have our secondary stats back ?? My mods were not fixed since and they did not move to another character...my mods just lost from 5 to 10 speed EACH ! Please devs...answer
  • Options
    I updated 4 mods with speed secondaries before the change and received Zero speed upgrades for my blue, purple and gold mods. They’ve biased the upgrade os Speed secondary