Replies

• Fives5555
    331 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Peempo wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat 20 stacks? Is that your final answer?

No, it's not my final answer. It's my answer for now as we monitor how the change impacts the player base. We recognize it's a pretty big change and want to see how it performs over time.

Don't make the change until you understand the impact is another logical way of resolving the issue. Or just fix isolate in raids..... Do you guys always act so impulsively?!

The reason we responded so quickly on this issue is because we didn't want players to begin to make long term investment decisions around (player ownable) Darth Traya and the raid and have us take it away one months from now. In general, we try to catch these sorts of infinite loops and other overly performant teams early, but we evaluate on a case by case basis. In the past, the Nightsisters didn't cross the threshold. With the introduction of the Critolyte team, we opted to make some changes to Bonds of Weakness that has some impact on Nightsisters.

Our testing in house shows that they are still very good in Phase 4 and still outperform most teams in that Phase. In the balance of things, undercutting Critolyte and leaving the Nightsisters in a very good place made sense to us at the time.

@CG_TopHat why is it so hard for you guys to just admit that your raid is not the problem but that you created these characters that are overpowered that can exploited your crumby raid design and are being used as intended. You guys are sad at admitting that your “masterpiece” of what you call a raid is extremely flawed
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    It’s 6:18 in Cali. That office is closing. And we will be left here to scream into the void. Honestly don’t. Enjoy your weekends if you can. Get the zetas back. @Ender22 don’t quit por favor. The forums need more peeps like you on here.

I agree man, they should enjoy their weekends, I feel really bad for them in a way right now. I know IT guys, they have to stay up all night for nonsense worse than this. But they can't drop something like this out of nowhere.

Mid raid man, I was mid raid. I was going to be first. I worked hard. I don't get first often and because I am going to get 7* Traya soon, I will have to scale back.

I hate RNG. And while RNG is claimed here all the time, I never really felt like it was bad. I hate chance games, like Phase 4, or gofish, or War (if you know the 52 card game). Their team is the RNG. Their team is the chance that pushed me out. I can't. I shouldn't play anyways, so I can't. I don't think they can make up for these feelings.

Good luck Vinny, I always like seeing when you commented on things.
  • CG_TopHat wrote: »

No, it's not my final answer. It's my answer for now as we monitor how the change impacts the player base. We recognize it's a pretty big change and want to see how it performs over time.

That is the exact thing crumb said about the sith raid thread after the last jtr event. And there has been nothing from him since.
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Wasnt cg advertising paper zombie as a mechanic? Didnt they say "WAI - change your teams" when people were complaining about the acolyte cheese in arena a few months ago?

The changes as proposed, coupled with the forthcoming change to paper zombie, literally make nightsisters useless. They have no purpose in the end game any longer.

It also directly nerfs newly released characters and their abilities on the raid (namely young solo and big Z). Does CG intend to refund the money spent on resources to level those characters @CG_CapGaSP @CG_TopHat ? Or is this another instance where "communication" actually means "delivering news that screws the playerbase and then ignoring them"?

Just want to chime in and say that we are still figuring out what the changes to Zombie look like, but we've got some really solid leads. Our goal is to make Zombie still fit her roll as the same constantly dying awesome taunting tank she's always been. We're also looking at how we bring some of the juice of her constantly dying under the Paper Zombie paradigm and bring that into the powered up Zombie.

You've not had a solid lead in months
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Don't make the change until you understand the impact is another logical way of resolving the issue. Or just fix isolate in raids..... Do you guys always act so impulsively?!

The reason we responded so quickly on this issue is because we didn't want players to begin to make long term investment decisions around (player ownable) Darth Traya and the raid and have us take it away one months from now. In general, we try to catch these sorts of infinite loops and other overly performant teams early, but we evaluate on a case by case basis. In the past, the Nightsisters didn't cross the threshold. With the introduction of the Critolyte team, we opted to make some changes to Bonds of Weakness that has some impact on Nightsisters.

Our testing in house shows that they are still very good in Phase 4 and still outperform most teams in that Phase. In the balance of things, undercutting Critolyte and leaving the Nightsisters in a very good place made sense to us at the time.

you didn't want players to make "long term investment decisions around traya and the raid" like...get traya? Because then we could more easily beat...the event that gets us traya, after already beating it so much that we already have a 7* traya??

What other long terms goals could you be referring to? Getting NSA geared? Zetas for NS??

I'm usually anti-whine around here but that answer literally makes no sense

This. So hard
  • CLSJedi wrote: »
    I think everyone should just finish the str or hstr and not start another one in protest! This isn't fixing the raid it's not help it on our side it's just going to make even less fun and harder. This raid is only doing one thing killing the game! Especially how they are treating it, when are they going to realize it SUCKS!

My guild will not be doing another str raid ever, we are small and will probably never get traya, but im not even going to participate in this ridiculousness anymore.
    I was pretty much clearing this raid by myself t2 and was working on ns to help speed it up , thanks CG for eliminating my little guild from having any relief in this raid. We were never gonna get traya so the reasoning behind your nerf of the NS , instead of the actual cause , trays and her bonds, literally screwed us for no reason as we/i could've never accomplished it.
    And it actually doesn't do anything to these whale guilds who farm this raid , will just take longer for them. It shouldve been looked at as a QOL upgrade for those who actually got traya , who dont have to do this raid anymore.

So thanks again for this ridiculous fix to a non problem , while ignoring the actual problem of str raid killing this game.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    It’s 6:18 in Cali. That office is closing. And we will be left here to scream into the void. Honestly don’t. Enjoy your weekends if you can. Get the zetas back. @Ender22 don’t quit por favor. The forums need more peeps like you on here.
    How do we do that because I could use those 4 full zeta mats elsewhere
  • Really disappointment in the changes
  • ScummerAntilles
    77 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    I agree with much of your post, but I disagree when it comes to the zombie. The sisters were my first, and are still my arena team. That means they were my first gear 12 team and have served me well all this time (I started last Oct.), I have been in the top 50 since they became my main team and I still usually finish top 50.

The fact that I was doing what the game says you're supposed to do, progress your team, should not put me at a disadvantage to other people using the same team.

You say " It took about 30 seconds to read the kit and see the synergies were better for weak zombie." That is simply not true for the arena. Yes, people were using that strategy in the beginning, but it soon became clear that if you want to rank really high you needed a strong zombie. It wasn't until the Sith raid when the paper zombie became the team you really wanted.

Like I said, I do agree with most of your other points though.

I also whaled out on NS (one of my favorite parts of Star Wars canon - seriously would have bought and geared Talzin even if she was a mediocre toon) and in my developed shard they were functional until recently. They had a pretty great run in my shard and it's cool to know they're still functioning in other shards (virtual fist bump to you, my friend). I kept my zombie weak to feed Asajj right away, though I wasn't as conscious of the other synergies (with Talzin and Daka) until a little later. And in the intervening months other players have spent and planned and built around what they want to get out of an NS team with a paper zombie. I had no problem getting #1 in arena with weak zombie from the start and for months - though it did have a disadvantage against other NS teams with strong zombie. Strong zombies are more viable against the current meta, and have always been more viable against some teams (like troopers - though the double tank build with GK and weak zombie can also take down troopers).

And it's clear paper zombie was a developer mistake - they have pretty much admitted it. And I do think, for sure, players who leveled zombie should be compensated in some way. But at this point, justifying the nerf based on the idea of game integrity doesn't hold up.

And that is the bigger issue here. If we don't look at the specifics of a given toon and how that toons fits into our individual choices and think of the competitive principles at stake, we all stand to lose from the type of nerf this is. At a certain point in time, and that does have to be a more relative and subjective assessment, dev mistakes become fully integrated into the game and the devs should just have to basically eat their mistakes as the game has "progressed" (their term) based on their decisions.

Gamers should be opposed to these kind of nerfs on principle and we need to stick together and make clear that this type of a nerf, in this context, is not cool. I haven't invested in Shan or Nest, it's clearly a problem that they operate so well at low stars, but as I see most people I know throwing on gear and making other choices related to building squads around the reality of what the devs have done there will reach a point (soon) where nerfing them will be a clear negation of the game itself.

And we definitely shouldn't passively accept these rationales that what is happening to the game right now is about protecting competition and progression when what is happening actually undermines those ideas and seems more a response to deeper mistakes they've made related to their rate of profit.

• Dhuriya24
    77 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Vengence wrote: »
    STHan ✔️
    Expose ✔️
    Ships ✔️
    Entire Nightsister Team
    Mods
    Player Base

Almost got everything checked off

And clones & deathmark. So they have now nerfed JTR,Deathtrooper,Clones, and Nightsisters in which none could even solo a phase :neutral:
  • Yea, it's amazing this is the only thread on the official forum vs what you see in the community.
    Needing an established long farm squad for a big with one toon that is not innately part if that squad
    Oh yea 6 marquees in 2 weeks and everything else dropping on hard nodes.
    We get it cg. The horse is dead, stahhpppppp
  • Ender22 wrote: »

I agree man, they should enjoy their weekends, I feel really bad for them in a way right now. I know IT guys, they have to stay up all night for nonsense worse than this. But they can't drop something like this out of nowhere.

Mid raid man, I was mid raid. I was going to be first. I worked hard. I don't get first often and because I am going to get 7* Traya soon, I will have to scale back.

I hate RNG. And while RNG is claimed here all the time, I never really felt like it was bad. I hate chance games, like Phase 4, or gofish, or War (if you know the 52 card game). Their team is the RNG. Their team is the chance that pushed me out. I can't. I shouldn't play anyways, so I can't. I don't think they can make up for these feelings.

Dude I totally get it. I left and came back to this raid. And told myself p1 and p4 teams seem like the only solid and durable teams for the raid as of now. I zeta’d jtr and bb8 got those res peeps to gold. Then same with ns. Asajj lead, unique, and Dakas unique I zeta’d— solely for the Sith raid.
    The way the raid is structured too - the most important prize of it is - Traya!!

My guild is filled with some Sith raid Heavy hitters and I’m sure yours is even more so!
    I give you credit for grinding and spending and farming and gearing and modding those teams up to get up there. But more importantly the time you and we all put in. It’s a shame.

CG- please value our time as you value your Fridays.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Before this thread gets merged into oblivion, is there anyone else who would rather see a slight tweak to what isolate does to raid bosses to fix the infinite loop instead of the dirty, rotten, miserable kick in the gut we got that nerfed a 4 Zeta team requiring 2 characters from single 20 energy hard nodes?

There was no reason to touch the Nightsisters. They were fine. Fix the raid loop if you must, but don't dare touch the teams we've already invested in.
  • Yea, it's amazing this is the only thread on the official forum vs what you see in the community.
    Needing an established long farm squad for a big with one toon that is not innately part if that squad
    Oh yea 6 marquees in 2 weeks and everything else dropping on hard nodes.
    We get it cg. The horse is dead, stahhpppppp

Nerfing*
  • How about adding an ability to zombie that allows you to add / remove gear. Or giving players with strong zombie the option to revert. That is probably the most fair, competitive-minded, and progression-protecting correction.
  • AdlerCl
    47 posts Member

Regarding the communication, I hear you. It's something we're constantly working on trying to improve. Thanks for the feedback.

Are you being facetious or are you not aware of the Sith Raid Feedback Thread? Communication is terrible at the moment, you've just nerfed yet another viable squad for the raid and we're supposed to be what? Grateful?

I've been working on helping my guild build up to heroic. We've had no help from anybody at CG, just look that the terrible rewards. I've lost interest in this raid. I'm losing interest in the game.

Something is very wrong at your place of work. Might I suggest you ask someone at the office to have a look at some of the problems that negatively affect your PAYING CUSTOMERS in a timely manner similar to whenever you see something that negatively impacts you and your "design"?
  • This. Simply fix isolate like thrawns ability bombs raid bosses.

Top hat seems to be the only guy who can give a proper answer on the forums. I don't like the 20 bonds thing but at least he recognises it as a big hit. I really hope you guys bump it to the 40-50 Mark though.

Dude I totally get it. I left and came back to this raid. And told myself p1 and p4 teams seem like the only solid and durable teams for the raid as of now. I zeta’d jtr and bb8 got those res peeps to gold. Then same with ns. Asajj lead, unique, and Dakas unique I zeta’d— solely for the Sith raid.
    The way the raid is structured too - the most important prize of it is - Traya!!

My guild is filled with some Sith raid Heavy hitters and I’m sure yours is even more so!
    I give you credit for grinding and spending and farming and gearing and modding those teams up to get up there. But more importantly the time you and we all put in. It’s a shame.

CG- please value our time as you value your Fridays.

Friday’s are always “bad news for you” days at CG

So why didn't you guys nerf acolyte instead of the entire team? The only reason to put a Zeta on Old Daka is to run the BoWs up into the fifties or above. At least raise the limit to 50, or give everyone back there old Daka Zeta.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »
    I am going to give my guildmates the chance to win their TW though. That'd be **** up elsewise

I am just an observer for the most part, but I could not help notice the interaction between you and Vinni. If you are willing to stay on for the sake of your guild's TW, why not just play with the group and avoid the raid altogether? The fact that you are not willing to hang them out to dry means that you are honorable. Maybe you could enjoy helping them out and playing with them outside of the raid. You have ever right to be ticked off and I would not blame you if you did quit. I just wanted to let you know that I thought you staying on for the sake of your guild was honorable and worthy of comment.

Good Hunting.
  • GRTL
    48 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Gifafi wrote: »

you didn't want players to make "long term investment decisions around traya and the raid" like...get traya? Because then we could more easily beat...the event that gets us traya, after already beating it so much that we already have a 7* traya??

What other long terms goals could you be referring to? Getting NSA geared? Zetas for NS??

I'm usually anti-whine around here but that answer literally makes no sense

This exactly. I, and most of my guild, have been investing in nightsisters specifically for this raid. Spending several weeks and tons of gear, credits and ability materials to get them geared up.

Yet you decide to nerf the entire team because you created another op toon that broke the mechanics of your raid. Even though people spent lots of time, energy and money getting them ready.

But you do nothing, not even comment, on the 1400+ post, 73 day old feedback thread that was started by your team where it is almost universally stated that everyone hates this raid.

This is the reason I can't bring myself to purchase any packs anymore. I can't trust that I'm making an investment that will have any value in regards to the fun I want out of a game.
  • Boser
    18 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Wow. This feels like a lazy and rushed change. This will impact guilds that relied on NS to clear p4 and barely pulled it off. This neuters the normal p4 NS team which did great damage while not having any infinite loops. Not to mention it takes the zeta I gave daka and makes that investment look like a very poor choice. The easiest target here was to change acoclyte somehow to prevent the looping. That would have been much better then affecting any future team in a fundamental way. P4 was the funniest part to me because it required planning and strategy. Made the stacking tenacity on every unit feel a bit better since one phase had another interesting mechanic. And now the one team that could deal with all of the hard mechanics that p4 throws at you has been dumbed down. Bravo you managed to make every phase bland and dumb. And taken away my incentive as an engaged player. I use to look forward to the ride of p4 nightsisters.

If done right I can support a zombie change. But to once again dumb down a raid is amazingly stupid. Between an army of marquee events, really rushed changes to anything that benefits the player base. And 0.00% updates on trying to make the raid fairer across lower tiers or to make raid rewards changes (including other raid revisits as you have discussed). You are really losing me. And I really want to enjoy this game.

Edit just ran p4. Not 100% of change was live but I cleared before 20 to get a feel either way.

It sucks. It sucks sooooo bad. NS get alot of 100% tm ties. You often have to remove in 13-16 range or risks ties keeping your unit you need to clear pain from taking a turn. You run into alot of issues where the ability isn't on cooldown on unit x. With Talia you never wanna use it since it kills you train. But now you are in impossible situations. CG PLEASE 20 is way way way to restricted. Even 30 would be much much better. But really 40 stacks seems about right. This change is bad I'm one to rarely complain. But with the investment I gave NS for the sith raid and this level of nerf. If nothing gives I will be reaching out to CG and Google customer support.

This game is all about resource management.You cannot change units months later. It's basically stealing our investment.
    Post edited by Boser on
  • Monel wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Sidusvitus wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Goodness, all this grief from a bunch of people that couldn't even do this anyway. It's like being upset with Bentley because they decided to remove cup holders. You dont have Bentley so no worries.

The solo team isn't the issue. The issue is the massive nerf to NS teams

It's not that massive, at least not in heroic. A fully geared zombie with Asaj lead still will easily put up 2 mil damage in phase 4 which is where most guilds use NS anyway. So to get past DN portion 10 people need to attack now instead of 5, not a huge deal. I mean, changing mechanics stinks but it's not the end of the world. Prior to the you tube video I never even used acolyte in sith raid.

I get everyone's frustration, just think it's a little over the top. NS squads will still destroy DN in phase 4, you just remove stacks at 15. Always my strategy anyway and my poorly moddedd squad never did less that 2 mil but usually did around 2.5.

That's all you were getting? It's really not hard to more than double your score with regular old Nightsisters. No Treya infinite loop team needed... or it used to not be hard to double your score, before a 4 Zeta investment team got kicked in the walnuts on a flimsy pretext.

I agree completely. Just never took the time to do it right, my point being if you were getting 5 mil before at worst you wl get 2.5 to 3mil. Still more than enough to destroy DN with 10 attacks.

Nowhere near enough to get into my guild's top 10 anymore. So no more good rewards for the NS people who relied on the big p4 runs to do well.
  • @Banth you ve had ns for a long time. Totally suped up too. This is a huge blow to players like yourself that bought into mechanics, literally, because you have a great mind for this game.
    With the upcoming changes to zombie as well- it’s still not over.
    I’m sorry for all of you and the player base.
    Moving goal posts, and restructuring teams devs created , and then changing them - is just as unhealthy as loop teams.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Rojas wrote: »
    Armatores wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FspDLrPiRgw This is video where technic is explained. And in this video stated, that NS acolite has a small chance to go out of stealth and then fun is over. So, CG, please explain, how you can call something that have chance be breaken "INFINITE" loop??? Do you know meaning of this word? It mean something that can last forever, but with smallest chance to be interrupted calling it INFINITE is obvious lie. Why you lie to us, CG? Waiting for answer with impatience @CG_SBCrumb

After Watching the video, I totally understand why CG acted upon this. Really takes the fun out of the game.

Really? That team looks like a ton of fun! You enjoy getting slaughtered no matter what comp you find? This is another example in a very long line of examples, where players are highly discouraged from experimenting and trying new comps. If it ends up being too good, instant nerf!
    The root of the problem is we don't know when CG will "allow" us to actually have fun and kick butt in their various events. Team A should be able to do B Damage with C Amount of Dollars Invested after D amount of time. But only CG knows the variables. If Nutini had been discovered tomorrow, would it have been quickly squashed in 2 days? Doubt it.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
    I’m personally not ready to give up the raid. That acolyte thing, it takes away from half of the raid.

First, whoever got Traya to 7* first, would undoubtedly take 1st from thereon. THAT would be lame.

Second, when everyone has her at 7*, then what? We are no longer going to compete with skill? Take away the raid from those who enjoy being the best?

If you don’t like the raid, don’t play it. If you don’t get first, the person who enjoys the game more than you gets it. Oh well, it’s just a game. But don’t take it away from those who enjoy it.

Maybe some day I’ll get to the point where I don’t like playing the raid. Then I won’t. Maybe I’ll do some quick throw ins, and end it. But I’m not ready to give it up, so please don’t take it.

The issue is that their solution is to nerf an established high damage team and ignoring the fact that trayas isolate makes the loop work

You recognize its a pretty big change but are ok with ruining the zetas and entire faction of a team??? and that is your answer is "we'll figure it out". This is insanely poor judgment.
  • qmcvxoxywvng.jpg

Smh CG
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    If that’s the change. Id want back both my AV zetas as well as OD. Plz n tnx.
    Also if we have to gear zombie. I’ll be looking in my inbox for those gear pieces in full. Plz. Tnx.
This discussion has been closed.