Changes to Asajj/Acolyte Strategy in STR MEGA THREAD

Replies

• LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Peempo wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat 20 stacks? Is that your final answer?

No, it's not my final answer. It's my answer for now as we monitor how the change impacts the player base. We recognize it's a pretty big change and want to see how it performs over time.

You recognize its a pretty big change but are ok with ruining the zetas and entire faction of a team??? and that is your answer is "we'll figure it out". This is insanely poor judgment.

Also this ^^ they make a stickie and then say - hey we re testing it, in a comment.
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    TAureliusC wrote: »

No, it's not my final answer. It's my answer for now as we monitor how the change impacts the player base. We recognize it's a pretty big change and want to see how it performs over time.

Don't make the change until you understand the impact is another logical way of resolving the issue. Or just fix isolate in raids..... Do you guys always act so impulsively?!

The reason we responded so quickly on this issue is because we didn't want players to begin to make long term investment decisions around (player ownable) Darth Traya and the raid and have us take it away one months from now. In general, we try to catch these sorts of infinite loops and other overly performant teams early, but we evaluate on a case by case basis. In the past, the Nightsisters didn't cross the threshold. With the introduction of the Critolyte team, we opted to make some changes to Bonds of Weakness that has some impact on Nightsisters.

Our testing in house shows that they are still very good in Phase 4 and still outperform most teams in that Phase. In the balance of things, undercutting Critolyte and leaving the Nightsisters in a very good place made sense to us at the time.

Why not just change how isolate works **** raid bosses? Namely the health steal. That will stop the infinite loop and keep the NS at their status quo.
    @Banth you ve had ns for a long time. Totally suped up too. This is a huge blow to players like yourself that bought into mechanics, literally, because you have a great mind for this game.
    With the upcoming changes to zombie as well- it’s still not over.
    I’m sorry for all of you and the player base.
    Moving goal posts, and restructuring teams devs created , and then changing them - is just as unhealthy as loop teams.

Yep. 100% maxed for a while. I even had AV zeta and Daka zeta before the Sith raid and also was running NA with AV zeta lead in P3/4 before Sir Georgeous put out his vid. Loved their time in PvP too. But the thing is after the JTR fiasco I quit spending and this change really doesn’t bother me now lol. But I really feel for the people who did spend to get the NS up for the raid, especially since they missed out on all the NS arena fun.
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat Can you explain why CG chose 20 stacks as opposed to 50? or 100? You could even make 100 stacks an insta-kill on the whole squad or something. No one was getting to 100 unless they were stuck in a loop anyway.

THIS!
  • kingBerryy
    2 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Why ruin an entire team? Especially the team that required to spend some kinf of money and zetas to be viable!! Yall seriously cant think of a better fix? Idk, give alcolyte a max amount of turns in a row. PROBLEM FIXED. No ,once again. Give us something, we become good at it, then punished. I dont care about the cheese, even though someone had to work mega hard to get 7* traya and deserve it easy now. Its ruining another team cause yall didnt expect us to do so will. Come on yall
  • aperingo
    173 posts Member
    Mahbrethir wrote: »
    So devs. You taunted the player base saying that we haven't even scratched the surface of finding the good teams that work well in the raid. How about you tell us what teams you INTENDED to work, so that the players will stop wasting money on ones you didn't think of.

Thanks to you I smiled for the first time after reading about the nerf!!!
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    I really wish CG would start acting like a billion dollar company and not some garage internet start up that doesn't test their own product and simply changes the rules that consequently ruins a team after many of their customers spent months of time and hard earned real money to obtain. This is our lives and real time and money we are spending. Do you not have any respect for the fact that it takes us MONTHS to accumulate teams to play your game effectively that eeks out a little fun.

This is starting to feel like they absolutely have NO respect for our time and lives and it becoming more and more apparent that they don't even think about actual gameplay. They just throw something out there without any thought and when we the customers find a way to outsmart them, they get to change the rules. What kind of shenanigans is this?? If you don't like the intended consequences then properly build and test a better product from the start, but don't pin it on your customer base like we did something wrong. You are ruining months of hard work within seconds and claim "this isn't what we meant".

I am really on the brink of quitting b.c I am getting tired of seeing all the ways the game is so poorly designed (endless scrolling, TW algorithm, nerfs, and endless marquee events).

What is even more amazing is that it seems like the player base actually knows the game BETTER than the designers. It's unreal. Even in reading this post I have seen 5 other solutions that don't ruin a faction.

Pull your big boy corporate pants on and get your stuff together.

CG isn't the billion dollar company, EA is. I like to think CG is full of nice people, then EA calls them everyday and gives them instructions on how to make our lives more miserable, and our wallets more empty.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    People who spent on NS team need to request a refund through Google play and iTunes. If that doesn't work then do a chargeback with your credit card company. This is not the proper way to do business and they should feel it where it hurts.
  • What the devs fail to realize is this problem is their fault because they’re the ones that created these characters that can exploit their sad excuse of a raid
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    TAureliusC wrote: »

Don't make the change until you understand the impact is another logical way of resolving the issue. Or just fix isolate in raids..... Do you guys always act so impulsively?!

The reason we responded so quickly on this issue is because we didn't want players to begin to make long term investment decisions around (player ownable) Darth Traya and the raid and have us take it away one months from now. In general, we try to catch these sorts of infinite loops and other overly performant teams early, but we evaluate on a case by case basis. In the past, the Nightsisters didn't cross the threshold. With the introduction of the Critolyte team, we opted to make some changes to Bonds of Weakness that has some impact on Nightsisters.

Our testing in house shows that they are still very good in Phase 4 and still outperform most teams in that Phase. In the balance of things, undercutting Critolyte and leaving the Nightsisters in a very good place made sense to us at the time.

@CG_TopHat what did your testing show about their usefulness in P3, you know where you can only clear bonds of weakness with use of standalone that is on a crazy cooldown. I understand most use NS in P4 however some use them in P3 especially when P3 is going stagnant they were a good performing team in p3 not as much as rng madness team but still decent numbers. I see this nerf making them utterly useless in P3 now.
  • Fives5555 wrote: »
    What the devs fail to realize is this problem is their fault because they’re the ones that created these characters that can exploit their sad excuse of a raid

^^ remember when cls came out and we were all like wow a Luke with a lightsaber is finally in the game. And then we were like hmm he seems a little op. We hope this doesn’t add to the power creep.... 7* traya later.. this is much too powerful.
  • Amoliski
    106 posts Member
    I zeta'd Asajj last night. I would like a refund please.
  • Your concern with looping came to a head once players began using Traya with this mix. You ignored the problem until Traya increased the success of the team. Now that it is of concern to you, you are taking away this avenue to Traya for other guilds, and players. Not only is this unfair in the pursuit Traya, but you have allowed players to gain traya this way, and they can now use her in Arena. Increasing their efficiency. YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RIGHT
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    » Show Previous Quotes

since my post was deleted for some reason. The above makes no sense. You didn't want us to make decisions about getting traya in the traya raid that this issue would affect only after we got traya. to 7*, no less. WELP
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • aperingo
    173 posts Member
    With this "fix", you're not just messing with a lot of efforts and resources people have invested for the STR, but as well to the ones that are still using them in arena, the guilds that have TW strategy with NS, even TB Dark that some of us use NS in all the Phases... Not to mention the special events that NS are required...

I'm really sad, I know I'm just one of millions and you don't care, but this is a "leave the game" decision for me...
  • I might feel bad for you guys, but we are talking about a team using a zombie. Can’t feel bad for anyone who plays a Star Wars game with a zombie geared or not.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • aperingo wrote: »
    With this "fix", you're not just messing with a lot of efforts and resources people have invested for the STR, but as well to the ones that are still using them in arena, the guilds that have TW strategy with NS, even TB Dark that some of us use NS in all the Phases... Not to mention the special events that NS are required...

I'm really sad, I know I'm just one of millions and you don't care, but this is a "leave the game" decision for me...

They’ll care if the whales would stop giving them their money. Then they’ll listen.
  • The simple fact has to be the NS money was drying up and they can now make changes without a large financial loss. I suspect Google and Apple need to be reminded of the bait and switch tactics of CG.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    @Nikoms565 would love to hear your take on this whole fiasco.
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Could you effectively just put a new unique ability on zombie to change the “paper” aspect? Like when you reach gear lvl 4 each time you die you gain def bonuses? And instead of increasing with character level the dmg def bonuses are lowered the higher you go making it more worthwhile to gear the zombie? Or gear lock the infinite revive? I know it would make people mad but it would prob Fox your issue without having to break the teams. As well why not just change how isolate works on bosses just how fracture just reduces speed. Just have a raid version of isolate and problem solved

However in reality should it matter? Those who have a 7* Traya are not people who need to complete the raid anymore from that point it is just a place to farm gear and resources. She should be able to significantly impact the raid. As she is the most difficult character to unlock in the game. This would be an even greater incentive for people to get her to 7*
  • aperingo wrote: »

Certain guidelines do not allow me to say what I want... but why quit a game you enjoy (at times) and a guild that I’m sure you do enjoy. Keep playing. BecUse what has always made this game and the forums great is the community.

There are certain avenues you can take - that will affect decisions from management with out hurting your guild mates and other players of the game.

• The reason we responded so quickly on this issue is because we didn't want players to begin to make long term investment decisions around (player ownable) Darth Traya and the raid and have us take it away one months from now.

The players with "player ownable Trayas" were going to invest in gearing and leveling her up regardless. People that are leaving guilds to unlock Traya are not doing so that she can sit at level 1 gear 1. Or to have her placed in last phase of DSTB platoon.
  • I have finally grinded out ns and placed a few zetas on them. Only reason was to get better p4 hstr numbers. Now that I am almost to the peak of my ns journey. Nerf incoming for unrelated 7 star traya acolyte gimmick which has nothing to do w ns p4 squad. A reasonable fix may be bonds of weakness to 50 not 20... I would like a zeta refund. Also a refund on getting my hopes up. I am not sure what team is safe to invest in for the raid. Maybe one that is "middle of the road" but not too good because they may make them useless wasting my time and zetas once again.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 would love to hear your take on this whole fiasco.

And @NicWester
  • It seems the issue is caused by Traya, but you CG is taking a fix to NS instead. Anytime someone finds a broken way to farm you step too far. First it was St. Han, and no one would argue it wasn't warranted, but then you decided to nerf Expose because RJT was, "Too good." What is going on that you don't like people finding efficient ways of enjoying the game?
  • Sure, you can bring back my ns to gear 8, giving me back zeta, omega, and gear i’ve used , and then you can proceed with your very popular decision. I just wasted 3 zetas on ns in less the 20 days .

• Armyofone
    102 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Completed my NS 2 weeks ago, invested 4 zetas, got them to g12 and beyond .....and see this...by the way I am not in a HRS guild I choose not to jump ship and join one even though I have the other teams. We were supposed to run our first attempt in 2 and a half weeks and the NS teams were a huge part of the plan...............
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat Can you explain why CG chose 20 stacks as opposed to 50? or 100? You could even make 100 stacks an insta-kill on the whole squad or something. No one was getting to 100 unless they were stuck in a loop anyway.
    Concurred. The thing that makes this look awful is that the number chosen is low enough that a standard Nightsisters team hits and surpasses it regularly. Set the number to something like 40 or 50 and you stop this infinite without significantly hampering regular Nightsisters, but 20 is low enough that it most definitely will interfere with how they've worked.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I spent a lot of game resources and real money on that team. Soon it will be changed because people with undergeared zombie are getting good scores.

How about giving us our zetas back. And how about leaving our teams alone because we can get good scores in heroic sith raid. People invest in what they know will provide a good return, and then you take that away because you don't want us doing well.

This discussion has been closed.