Upcoming Sith Raid Changes [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• Options
    Degs29 wrote: »
    ...in the months that the raid has been going I have yet to get a gear piece that helps me gear TB platoon trash to say nothing of improving the teams I actually use in the game.

I highly doubt that.

I don't think there has been a single Sith Raid that hasn't awarded me gear that I needed. The issue is that the reward is so few of them.

In tiers 3 and lower, first place awards a couple pieces of challenge gear, pretty much every piece of gear in those prize boxes is completely useless. At least in tier 4 you have a chance at stun gun salvage, but it takes at least a 60mil GP guild to even beat tier 4 in a reasonable time. And there are plenty of guilds that aren’t yet 60mil GP.
  • Options
    ...in the months that the raid has been going I have yet to get a gear piece that helps me gear TB platoon trash to say nothing of improving the teams I actually use in the game.

I highly doubt that.

I don't think there has been a single Sith Raid that hasn't awarded me gear that I needed. The issue is that the reward is so few of them.

My guild farms tier 2 or 3 because we just can't get the group motivation to do any tiers higher than that in a reasonable time. On paper we should probably be doing tier 4 though. So in that regard my toons that are actually useful to me are pretty much past finding useful gear in those boxes.

Regardless I can't recall after a sith raid loot box ever getting a little green arrow popping up on any of my toons showing that they could now fill a gear slot. Poor quantity is certainly a contributing factor sure but my overall impression is that even if you get gear that isn't useless challenge gear it's of such a small quantity in terms of actually gearing toons as to be nonexistent.
  • Options
    I’d be curious to see what the numbers were for active players before and after the STR and Traya meta were introduced. I’m guessing numbers have dropped by quite a bit...although CG would never admit this. I’ve never seen so many just stop playing. Not leaving to go to other guilds...just stopping altogether.

My guild has had 10 members walk away, no note in discord, no hey going on holiday, just flat out 30-45d not logged in game.
  • Options
    I’d be curious to see what the numbers were for active players before and after the STR and Traya meta were introduced. I’m guessing numbers have dropped by quite a bit...although CG would never admit this. I’ve never seen so many just stop playing. Not leaving to go to other guilds...just stopping altogether.

My guild has had 10 members walk away, no note in discord, no hey going on holiday, just flat out 30-45d not logged in game.

Yep. And what’s most frustrating is how tone deaf they are to this. The raid has been an overwhelming unmitigated disaster to the overall health of this game.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

I highly doubt that.

@CAP: yup

My guild farms tier 2 or 3 because we just can't get the group motivation to do any tiers higher than that in a reasonable time. On paper we should probably be doing tier 4 though. So in that regard my toons that are actually useful to me are pretty much past finding useful gear in those boxes.

Regardless I can't recall after a sith raid loot box ever getting a little green arrow popping up on any of my toons showing that they could now fill a gear slot. Poor quantity is certainly a contributing factor sure but my overall impression is that even if you get gear that isn't useless challenge gear it's of such a small quantity in terms of actually gearing toons as to be nonexistent.

@CAP: 2 or 3. nuff said.

ME: THIS

ME: seems like you had bad guildmates (ME AGAIN)

ME: ME TOO

Yep. And what’s most frustrating is how tone deaf they are to this. The raid has been an overwhelming unmitigated disaster to the overall health of this game.

ME: how so?

sorry, this quoting thing is weird and messed up, fwiw (the ME:'s are me, if that wasn't clear...)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    ME: seems like you had bad guildmates
    sorry, this quoting thing is weird and messed up, fwiw (the ME:'s are me, if that wasn't clear...)

So first off, thank you, Gifafi. Based on my limited response, one would be led to believe or draw that conclusion. I did not want bore anyone with my guild for the last year and a half and our progress.

Cliff note version. HRancor and HAAT on farm. 38 stars in TB, 50/50 wins in TW. Guild could carry folks through content with no issues.

HSTR rolls out and 5 members bail in week 2 for Traya guilds. No biggie, 5 is not that hard to replace. Several weeks go by and key members stop logging in. Guild is purged of non used team to recruit more. No a few months go by and promises of revamped GS12+ rewards. Another 10 core members bail overnight to Traya on farm teams. We are down to 35 active players. 43/50 total with 8 players doing squat 30-45d last log in.

We still carry and solo HRancor and HAAT, but can barely get 25 stars in TB, TW is mostly all loss only fielding 25/50, tier 4 STR takes 3-4 days to clear because all the Rey teams bailed and CG sees fit to limit her re-release.

So how’s your day?
  • Options
    sorry to give captain obvious quote - merge, develop hstr teams, it will get better
  • Options

I highly doubt that.

@CAP: yup

ME: THIS

ME: seems like you had bad guildmates (ME AGAIN)

ME: ME TOO

ME: how so?

The fact the STR was released early last year and they are just now addressing some of the concerns. Again, if you’re in a whale guild, it probably didn’t affect you all that much except for the extreme bore factor.
  • Options
    Somehow after 2 sets of threads, the first that has somehow disappeared and was quite long (did it make 50 pages???) and now this one people miss the point.

As an example your advice above is merge THEN develop HSTR. You can't just develop HSTR on your own. You have to merge or jump guilds first which is a primary issue. The only way to get to HSTR is to latch yourself onto someone else who already can do it. The people who currently can are either whales or people who already merged, where in a whale guild to begin with when the raid started or jumped ship early on to a whale guild.

This whole raid tore guilds apart that were otherwise doing fine (TB/TW, other raids), but perhaps didn't have enough JTR in the beginning so moved to guilds that had enough JTR. (Please note I know not everyone in the guild needs JTR, but if you don't have enough people who do have her, or at least did when the raid was first released, then no way were you doing HSTR and that's why people started jumping ship to other guilds. Also I am well aware that JTR alone cannot coast you through HSTR. You need other strong teams, but without enough JTR you can't even attempt it). I know all this because I was in a 100MM GP guild that tried to hold on then people scattered. We dropped to 20 MM pretty quick. Then completely dissolved. The chance of helping developing players disappeared. But no. Your selfish suggestion of change guilds to one that can already do it is great advice for the community and health of the game. It will certainly solve YOUR problem.

I'm almost at 3 MM GP. Our sister guild does HSTR and I could easily jump into it, but if I do then TW and TB will suffer for sure for my guild. If I go I have no doubt that the other couple big hitters will follow or go elsewhere because it's frustrating when you're alone trying to help (I know from past experience). However we stay on and carry other developing players a bit. None of them are just along for the ride. They all contribute and are getting stronger and we've gone from 25 MM to 42 MM GP which is nice to see. However I myself suffer since 46 out of 50 top 50 arena in my shard all are Traya teams and I've got none. We only do tier 2 or 3 of STR because otherwise it takes forever and the payout is still garbage at t4 and t5 so not worth it. better to get the currency and buy gear we want or can actually use. So absolutely ZERO STR raids (even if we were doing t4 or t5 woudln't make a difference) have helped advance our guild. You know what has? TB, TW, HAAT and HPit. So to the other poster who scoffed at t2 and t3 with a "nuff said" you clearly don't understand the situation. STR should help you advance to get stronger and attempt HSTR. But you clearly said the only way to get to HSTR is to do HSTR.

Oh well. It still amazes me that those who jumped to a strong guild early on and have no issues doing HSTR or who were already in a whale guile have no understanding or appreciation of the issue.
  • Options
    We've lost a few members in our guild to folk jumping to HSTR guilds. One member just returned after be unsatisfied with the level of interaction of the members in the new guild. We do expect some other of the members to possibly return once they've had their fill of shards or we are ready to do it.
  • Options
    I imaging it has taken a while to balance the new sysyem. That is, they're finding a way to take out challenge gear and still not give us anything better overall. The challenge gear was there to keep us going at a certain pace. They're not going to change that pace. They're just going to add greater need for the gear we'll get more of or take away something somewhere else. They never relieve the grind. They just move it around to appear to relieve it and may even slow the pace some more when they see they can get away with it.

If their plan is to keep the pace the same no matter what, that's one thing. But the constant mind tricks to make it appear otherwise are another.
  • Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

to clarify I'm not asking tier 2-3 give gear useful for g9+ toons. As stated the gear in those tiers is so trashy it isn't useful for my TB platoon filler that sit somewhere between g2-6. Hence why I emphasized originally that it isn't even useful to gear up platoon filler toons like CUP.

When the loot box reward are stuff I have 100s of from the 3X weekly challenges those loot boxes should've never been released as is. It'd be like hsith ONLY rewarding gold gear you already have 1k+ of in terms of value relative to effort involved. The trashyness of loot boxes just highlights how poorly thought out this raid was.

How is a guild that on paper is supposed to be doing Tier 2-3 going to improve to tier 4 if none of the gear they get from the raid rewards is useful to that goal?
  • Options
    I wish posting on here actually affected change but it doesn't. The own developers spend more time on Reddit then they do on their own official forums. To be clear they were not going to make any real changes to STR unless it is something like Critolyte which might hurt their bottom line.

Do you really think it would have taken any other big companies in this industry this long to fix something that has literally been broken from the start. It is proof CG developers don't know jack about their own game. @cg_carrie it has taken them a supposed year almost to figure out what STR has been doing to this game which is a complete and utter lie. It doesn't take any software developer that long to process and figure out something is wrong.

I will say again they have no plans to fix the current gear situation just look at the stun gun bottle neck or the 1000s of unused gear pieces you have collecting dust in your inventory. That's the proof they aren't going to make any kind of meaningful change because they haven't since this games inception. The only thing that spurs true QoL updates around here is drops in projected revenue.

Their answer to fixing this utterly broken raid for the lower guilds is to laughably release Toons and have the game changer showing them kicking butt in HSTR. Great so that means in a year or two maybe instead of 2% guilds doing HSTR it will be 20%. CG refuses to admit what the players and their own game changers have asked from day 1 is that the raid is fundamentally broken.

No pitiful health reduction unless massive which it won't be is going to help overcome the ridiculous RNG settings for the raid. The gear might change but it will still be junk we don't need especially for anybody under top 10. The very fact they introduced that in first place shows their mind set. An event that takes the whole guild working their butts off to complete and you give only the top 10 the better rewards. That's like giving the top 10 contributors in TW and TB all the rewards an giving everybody else some tokens.

This raid was really the beginning of the end for this game and somehow they can't see it or just choose to ignore what the data plainly shows must be a fluke. I seriously doubt they can even read and interpret collected data because it took them a year to supposedly figure out what we all knew from the get go.

They have historically taken forever to fix bug's that are detrimental to the player base and there is a numerous amount of them. Money hurting bugs get hot fixed in an hr. Also the small company bull is a sorry excuse as well. Supercell is a small company too yet as soon as a bug is identified it is fixed within hours even if it's on the weekend unlike CG who could care less if the game blew up on the weekend they will just worry about it on Monday.

I would have more respect if they just came straight out and said screw you this is the way we are going to do it and you can just deal with it. No they lie and give us these garbage platitudes to calm the masses then release a new toon because they know most of the people playing this game have attention span of the fly.

All of this angst and let them release revan as a hero journey toon and CG will be so awesome again and all the crap like STR and the other bugs that need fixing will be forgotten because "OMG It's like Revan OMG CG you are coolest best ever we lub you"
  • Options
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    I wish posting on here actually affected change but it doesn't. The own developers spend more time on Reddit then they do on their own official forums. To be clear they were not going to make any real changes to STR unless it is something like Critolyte which might hurt their bottom line.

Do you really think it would have taken any other big companies in this industry this long to fix something that has literally been broken from the start. It is proof CG developers don't know jack about their own game. @cg_carrie it has taken them a supposed year almost to figure out what STR has been doing to this game which is a complete and utter lie. It doesn't take any software developer that long to process and figure out something is wrong.

I will say again they have no plans to fix the current gear situation just look at the stun gun bottle neck or the 1000s of unused gear pieces you have collecting dust in your inventory. That's the proof they aren't going to make any kind of meaningful change because they haven't since this games inception. The only thing that spurs true QoL updates around here is drops in projected revenue.

Their answer to fixing this utterly broken raid for the lower guilds is to laughably release Toons and have the game changer showing them kicking butt in HSTR. Great so that means in a year or two maybe instead of 2% guilds doing HSTR it will be 20%. CG refuses to admit what the players and their own game changers have asked from day 1 is that the raid is fundamentally broken.

No pitiful health reduction unless massive which it won't be is going to help overcome the ridiculous RNG settings for the raid. The gear might change but it will still be junk we don't need especially for anybody under top 10. The very fact they introduced that in first place shows their mind set. An event that takes the whole guild working their butts off to complete and you give only the top 10 the better rewards. That's like giving the top 10 contributors in TW and TB all the rewards an giving everybody else some tokens.

This raid was really the beginning of the end for this game and somehow they can't see it or just choose to ignore what the data plainly shows must be a fluke. I seriously doubt they can even read and interpret collected data because it took them a year to supposedly figure out what we all knew from the get go.

They have historically taken forever to fix bug's that are detrimental to the player base and there is a numerous amount of them. Money hurting bugs get hot fixed in an hr. Also the small company bull is a sorry excuse as well. Supercell is a small company too yet as soon as a bug is identified it is fixed within hours even if it's on the weekend unlike CG who could care less if the game blew up on the weekend they will just worry about it on Monday.

I would have more respect if they just came straight out and said **** this is the way we are going to do it and you can just deal with it. No they lie and give us these garbage platitudes to calm the masses then release a new toon because they know most of the people playing this game have attention span of the fly.

All of this angst and let them release revan as a hero journey toon and CG will be so awesome again and all the **** like STR and the other bugs that need fixing will be forgotten because "OMG It's like Revan OMG CG you are coolest best ever we lub you"

Mostly this ^^^

How can you just keep releasing toon after toon smuggle ships smuggle battles, Mods, Ships 2.0 and they
    say "well we are making some adjustments to health and gear" (which is good) yet EVERYTHING !!! EVERYTHING else takes precedent.

Why is the destruction of guilds and people quitting and unistalling (yes ohhh yes it's happening) something being completely ignored to the detriment BIG detriment of the game..

please do something about guild destruction...your killing your own game...
  • Options
    Have you guys put any thought into finding something we can do with the gear salvage pieces that we have 1000's of and will never use??
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    TripWire39 wrote: »
    Have you guys put any thought into finding something we can do with the gear salvage pieces that we have 1000's of and will never use??

Probably not since they don't see how it will get people to spend more crystals.
  • Options
    What I absolutely love is the fact that this was announced 3 or 4 marquee characters ago and we still haven't heard a thing back!
  • Options
    Another update, and another week with a broken Sith Raid. Thanks CG.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    nottenst wrote: »
    We've lost a few members in our guild to folk jumping to HSTR guilds. One member just returned after be unsatisfied with the level of interaction of the members in the new guild. We do expect some other of the members to possibly return once they've had their fill of shards or we are ready to do it.

My guild is a Heroic raid guild, and we have lost some of our members cause they got tired of the game. The sith raid, and their response that is like a year late on addressing criticisms of the raid really didn't help.
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    nottenst wrote: »

My guild is a Heroic raid guild, and we have lost some of our members cause they got tired of the game. The sith raid, and their response that is like a year late on addressing criticisms of the raid really didn't help.

Yeah the slow response doesn’t really build customer loyalty. I use to spend on toons I liked. Not anymore. I’ve gone completely FTP because of their response to the STR.
  • Options

to clarify I'm not asking tier 2-3 give gear useful for g9+ toons. As stated the gear in those tiers is so trashy it isn't useful for my TB platoon filler that sit somewhere between g2-6. Hence why I emphasized originally that it isn't even useful to gear up platoon filler toons like CUP.

When the loot box reward are stuff I have 100s of from the 3X weekly challenges those loot boxes should've never been released as is. It'd be like hsith ONLY rewarding gold gear you already have 1k+ of in terms of value relative to effort involved. The trashyness of loot boxes just highlights how poorly thought out this raid was.

How is a guild that on paper is supposed to be doing Tier 2-3 going to improve to tier 4 if none of the gear they get from the raid rewards is useful to that goal?

oh, I totally agree rewards suck per time invested, especially under heroic level
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Wow, so long time past since new raid rewards annoucement.... were these updates canceled or they gonna be applied only on next august?
  • Options
    It was just to calm the masses by saying

"hey guys we here you and after a year of analyzing data we have realized what you guys said from day 1 was right. So were going to take a look at making some changes. Of course we cant put a date on these purported changes but TRUST us were going to fix it but its going to take time. Meanwhile here is a whole bunch of new marquees and a legendary we have been working on in the meantime!"

It took them a year to figure out the raid was broken if any changes actually take place and im talking about meaningful impacting changes it will probably be another year with the development team obviously hired off craigslist. I seriously doubt any are planned and they are just doing the smoke and mirrors routine.

Honestly everybody should just start mailing these forum posts directly to the CG offices or if you are in the area just deliver it by hand. Maybe if their offices got inundated by tons of mail about STR and everything else wrong in this game they might take action. Who knows you might get a job as a developer there in process LOL.
  • Options
    I have said immediately that unnecessary changes to raid mechanics were a bad idea because it would take massive amounts of time. Just an update to health and loot would have been possible in a few hours and solved most of the problem. Now we are what, 4 months further and no news. At all.
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    I have said immediately that unnecessary changes to raid mechanics were a bad idea because it would take massive amounts of time. Just an update to health and loot would have been possible in a few hours and solved most of the problem. Now we are what, 4 months further and no news. At all.

I told everybody and now look they have released original chewie as a legendary and everybody forgets about everything else. S.O.P. for CG and EA knowing exactly how to manipulate the people playing this game. It saddens me that people are so easily distracted.

• Options

I told everybody and now look they have released original chewie as a legendary and everybody forgets about everything else. S.O.P. for CG and EA knowing exactly how to manipulate the people playing this game. It saddens me that people are so easily distracted.

LOOK SQUIRREL !!!!
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

LOOK SQUIRREL !!!!

LoL I swear that is family guy and made me smile thx for that.
  • Options
    These were the changes they talked about months ago and still have not implemented not sure why it took so long to do that nothing new. Loved the part where they said raids would be completed faster so rewards fit it now ...yea not really now mod components will take up a reward spot bot be additional lets be honest. Also still haven't addressed the numerous guilds disbanding due to top 10 g12 only which has been and will continue to be the biggest issue in heroic but hey changes yeah!!
This discussion has been closed.