Nightsister Zombie Rework: Begone Paper, Hello Fat [MEGA]

Replies

• DyloBin wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    DyloBin wrote: »
    A "nerf" implies a character (or in this case, as some are saying, faction) is all-around worse in all areas. I don't see that here.

If your G7/G8 Zombie isn't capable of taking a hit or two and getting a turn afterwards, that sounds like a poor modding issue to me. So, this kit change doesn't remove Paper Zombie as a viable option. It just requires you to invest in mods to at least increase her speed. Which you probably should have been doing to begin with.

This change, however, does increase the value of a stronger Zombie (particularly in Arena) while leaving a well-modded Paper Zombie relatively unchanged. In other words, it simply makes a higher gear Zombie better in most cases than a low gear Zombie. Which is the entire point of the rework.

It doesn’t make the higher gear any better it only makes the lower levels worse. This team won’t be arena viable with this change and won’t make them any more effective in any other areas of the game this will just make zombie and ns less effective in the raid. And a nerf isn’t necessarily to one toon it can be to an entire faction or rewards or anything that takes the punch away from the players side by a developer. That is why this is a #NERF

I'm gonna need you to elaborate, Chewy.

In what universe does this make a low gear Zombie worse if you mod her correctly? I can see how it makes a Zombie with literally no investment at all worse, but if that's the Zombie you were using you don't deserve to be succeeding with it. Period.

And this definitely increases the value of a stronger Zombie. Sacrificial plays to revive other Nightsisters when your taunt has been removed is a net gain.

What is lower gear exactly? Gear 10 is where zombie starts to become effective post rework and I’m using effective loosely. G10 is not low gear. Like I said this doesn’t allow for multiple strategies this purely hurts lower gear zombies and doesn’t actually make higher gear any better.

By "low gear" I mean to say the standard Paper Zombie used, which seems to be around G7/G8 for most players. Which if modded correctly is still completely viable. The hit to the Paper Zombie strategy only occurs if your Zombie isn't fast enough to get a turn after taking some hits. Hence my confusion as to why people are enraged about the changes. If you can't pull that off, it's a modding issue, not a kit issue.

And with the changes, a higher gear Zombie (G10+) will see additional benefits for the team, particularly in other areas of the game. Nightsisters aren't going to dominate the meta, but they already weren't doing that. But the changes make them better suited than they were before and viable in lower power shards. Especially when one considers how accessible many of the characters are for new players.

No paper zombie is below that like g 4 or 5 with mods or g8 without mods and the speed issue wasn’t there until you take 50-100% of the speed away from a toon as a “non debuff” and then completely killing the ability for zombie to revive or be revived by talzin or Daka. This totally neutered an entire faction in one swoop.
  • So whoever still has her G9 or lower, DO NOT upgrade her still, they only halfway solved the paper zombie pvpwise, raid-wise P3 can still have high output damage if she is below G10 due not having this new unique, maybe she can't survive some hits and cannot sustain her speed, but If I still had her low gear, I'd at least wai

By having this new unique, she will die in place of talzin, delaying the mechanic, lowering your damage more or less by half

So once again, a rework that did not solve the initial problem, a low gear zombie is still better than a high gear zombie for the sith raid P3, given that modding her with enough health and speed can be enough, if it can't, then P3 is officially nerfed for everyone, another rework that makes the entire team worse, for both P3 and P4

P4 overall nerfed, the extra TM her aoe heal will grant will not outweight the lack of bonus damage assaj will not get now

In any case, the overcomplicated mechanics, the nerfs in the sith, and possible more unintended bad consequences, there is also the possibility that they will roll it back, making your low gear zombie still better than high gear ones anyway
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    So we go from one NS reviving two dead NS on a basic, to reviving only one, to now reviving none since NS will die even less. I mean, seriously, this is such a pve damage nerf but will break pvp :/
  • MmoProNick wrote: »
    On behalf of the NS discord, I must ask, if a zombie with the -100% debuffs has speed up, will she still be able to take a turn?

No they can’t
  • ns team, I think it was created for p4, I was so uncomfortable with the team in p3 (M.talzin lead). It rework. For p3 m.talzin lead nerf?
  • You guys mess up everything! I like Dakas Zeta & put the thing there on purpose! My Zombie isn't a paper Zombie & I like her the way she is. Now you taken away Ventress's Offense & ruined TM for Night Sisters. I'm sk F****** **** at you guys!
  • DyloBin
    50 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    A "nerf" implies a character (or in this case, as some are saying, faction) is all-around worse in all areas. I don't see that here.

If your G7/G8 Zombie isn't capable of taking a hit or two and getting a turn afterwards, that sounds like a poor modding issue to me. So, this kit change doesn't remove Paper Zombie as a viable option. It just requires you to invest in mods to at least increase her speed. Which you probably should have been doing to begin with.

This change, however, does increase the value of a stronger Zombie (particularly in Arena) while leaving a well-modded Paper Zombie relatively unchanged. In other words, it simply makes a higher gear Zombie better in most cases than a low gear Zombie. Which is the entire point of the rework.

It doesn’t make the higher gear any better it only makes the lower levels worse. This team won’t be arena viable with this change and won’t make them any more effective in any other areas of the game this will just make zombie and ns less effective in the raid. And a nerf isn’t necessarily to one toon it can be to an entire faction or rewards or anything that takes the punch away from the players side by a developer. That is why this is a #NERF

I'm gonna need you to elaborate, Chewy.

In what universe does this make a low gear Zombie worse if you mod her correctly? I can see how it makes a Zombie with literally no investment at all worse, but if that's the Zombie you were using you don't deserve to be succeeding with it. Period.

And this definitely increases the value of a stronger Zombie. Sacrificial plays to revive other Nightsisters when your taunt has been removed is a net gain.

What is lower gear exactly? Gear 10 is where zombie starts to become effective post rework and I’m using effective loosely. G10 is not low gear. Like I said this doesn’t allow for multiple strategies this purely hurts lower gear zombies and doesn’t actually make higher gear any better.

By "low gear" I mean to say the standard Paper Zombie used, which seems to be around G7/G8 for most players. Which if modded correctly is still completely viable. The hit to the Paper Zombie strategy only occurs if your Zombie isn't fast enough to get a turn after taking some hits. Hence my confusion as to why people are enraged about the changes. If you can't pull that off, it's a modding issue, not a kit issue.

And with the changes, a higher gear Zombie (G10+) will see additional benefits for the team, particularly in other areas of the game. Nightsisters aren't going to dominate the meta, but they already weren't doing that. But the changes make them better suited than they were before and viable in lower power shards. Especially when one considers how accessible many of the characters are for new players.

No paper zombie is below that like g 4 or 5 with mods or g8 without mods and the speed issue wasn’t there until you take 50-100% of the speed away from a toon as a “non debuff” and then completely killing the ability for zombie to revive or be revived by talzin or Daka. This totally neutered an entire faction in one swoop.

Ah, I see. I wasn't aware people were truly running Zombies that low. I've had excellent damage with my G8 Zombie in my Nightsister teams. With the changes coming, I'd recommend trying out your current teams with a G7/G8 Zombie. You may see a decrease to damage, but the strategy may still hold for you with mods geared towards Speed, with as little Health/Protection as possible.

Overall, I maintain that for now I'm excited to try out the changes. I may come to join you, but I'm willing to give it a try at this time.

Also, I'm completely F2P, so that might be helping in my feelings on the matter. If this turns out to be bad, I could see how people who invested money into the Nightsisters would be upset.
  • Gabezor wrote: »
    So whoever still has her G9 or lower, DO NOT upgrade her still, they only halfway solved the paper zombie pvpwise, raid-wise P3 can still have high output damage if she is below G10 due not having this new unique, maybe she can't survive some hits and cannot sustain her speed, but If I still had her low gear, I'd at least wai

By having this new unique, she will die in place of talzin, delaying the mechanic, lowering your damage more or less by half

So once again, a rework that did not solve the initial problem, a low gear zombie is still better than a high gear zombie for the sith raid P3, given that modding her with enough health and speed can be enough, if it can't, then P3 is officially nerfed for everyone, another rework that makes the entire team worse, for both P3 and P4

P4 overall nerfed, the extra TM her aoe heal will grant will not outweight the lack of bonus damage assaj will not get now

In any case, the overcomplicated mechanics, the nerfs in the sith, and possible more unintended bad consequences, there is also the possibility that they will roll it back, making your low gear zombie still better than high gear ones anyway

This exactly this is why this is a nerf to the entire faction.
  • There is no way that you can make up for the time $ & energy that I have invested in NS! Refunding Dakas Zeta is as big of an insult as if you have spat in my face!
  • And the Sith Raid is the only aspect of the game? No, whoever chooses for a weak zombie is also damaging TW, since The Nightsisters are not viable for defense with a weak zombie.

Who puts money in the game is not even there for the change, The person already has the Traya. This is just a pathetic excuse to further delay players who can not afford to invest in the game.

Find a better solution or bonus for the whales and leave the players for free in peace.

And just do not say anymore why I would be banned from the forum
  • Your Raid is the specific problem! I highly doubt you have that much feed back from vested players about something so trivial as Paper Zombie. There are many different ways of Defeating NS when getting stuck on Zombie. You guys are the problem, you cant get out of your own way & keep forcing too many new toons & stupid crap that you like.
  • @cg_tophat so since you guys have tested what type of p4 numbers are you seeing on average? 3-5mil? 4-6? 7 on a great rng. Think if you shared some potential it would go people I'm personally ok with 4-5mil that's fair noone should be doing 10mil honestly.
  • I couldn't really understand the changes - they seem so complicated.
    Is there now a change to what mods to put on her?

Please stop screwing with NS now, it's too hard to keep up.
    After this, and the nerf on Acolyte, surely there's another faction to pick on.
  • I hate the NS. Period.
  • Looks like I need to upgrade my Imperial Trooper team above G9 now.

Anyway, paper zombie was stupid. Thanks for fixing.
  • @CG_TopHat @CG_SBCrumb
    Ive scanned this thread breifly, mainly reading CG replies so not sure if I missed an answer to my question. Also the kit is confusing to me atm so using my own terms.
    How does the "2 revives" mechanic work with TW defenses? If my NS use 2 of these revives then win on defense, does the next team have to again take out 2 of those revives?
    Thanks!!
  • Not making People farm those ridiculous Vets for Jedi Training Rey might be a start at redemption if you're going to take everybody's tools for the Raid. Further, when you rolled out Sith Triumvirate Raid the announcement was that Night Sisters Specifically were going to have many bonuses & be the key to that colossal catastrophe. Now, over a year later when everybody finally has their teams in place (due to the parameters that your team has put in place) you're taking it away & trying to apologize & everybody should be happy? Guess what, there are many toons besides Zombie that aren't being invested in! Now you are forcing people too invest in her & ruining NS at the same time! Beyond Furious & you will not receive another dime from me!
  • Darthvestor_80
    484 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    How stewpit you are... You give us characters you made, we use them wisely to win, you punish us as though we did something wrong. About as hypocritical as Christianity. gfys
  • This game is like Jenga. How many times can you pull something before it all crumbles. The suspense is killing me..
  • When did **** become a censored term? Intellectual levels aren't protected by law...
  • stupid stewpit stoop id
  • I cannot believe that nobody has said anything about Zombie giving NS health automatically. Slme of the Sisters were designed to be stronger upon revival. But this will only prolong that making Talzins Leadership Zeta useless!
  • I really think that this rework for zombie is the best course of action! Congrats for a very creative and good solution to the issue of paper zombie.
  • You've effectively Ruined the entire NS Faction. The only one that this doesn't effect is Spirit
  • Don't change our characters change your raid
  • Reminds me of working on a 7* capital ship for a year with 9 ships in the fleet only to have two of them taken away gfys
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    7. The first two times that a NS ally other than zombie dies, they revive and zombie dies. Zombie is revived, without speed bonuses or reductions.

Actually she only loses speed reductions when she dies in the place of another NS ally. She should keep any speed bonuses she has.
  • They want to heed whales, create an event in the game that makes sense to have the ultra strong zombie and leave in peace who wants to stay with the paper zombie.

Difficult? There's something better than a completely unnecessary rework and I'm going to give you the solution for free.

Make a special modifier that cuts down on life, but brutally increase other attributes and any whale can have the paper zombie, just like free players

Easy and everyone happy.
  • @CG_TopHat Answering lots of questions is great. Thanks for taking the time.

Ignoring every question about AV’s and MT’s zetas, not so much.
    Go Pens!