revan is OP?

Replies

• _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    if nothing else it makes for an interesting argument wouldn't you say :) positive or negative if its healthy for the game I love I'm really not bothered :)
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »
    .... This is all speculation of course

His point exactly... But if you want to flip out over speculation, be my guest.

I am not flipping out. I am sure you have heard the term, speculate to accumulate. Well that's what players do, we speculate what might happen in a bid to best prepare for that event. if you don't speculate, then you cant prepare, if you cant prepare then your unprepared, if your unprepared, then your more likely to stress and flip as you put it. Besides this is a forum for discussion right? So maybe you need to redefine the nature of your association with this site, if your not prepared to engage in a little speculation :)

So how prepared are you for when GK gets a zeta? Heck, how do you even prepare for when GK gets a zeta?
    I'm fine with speculating to be prepared, i do it all the time. However, preemtively complaining based on speculation is just silly to me.

Not prepared, Revan is hard enough without throwing a rework / zeta at GK. if I can put GK in my traya team and he makes that better then fab. I would love to see a GK zeta along with a clone re-work personally, especially if they are bringing a rework for GG. I would laugh very hard if a General Grievous rework became meta. They didn't give a stuff about replacing traya so Revan is not safe at all. I just hope players have got their £600 dollars worth out of him before that happens or if, that happens.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    haha, i love this guy.
    Dedicates many, many posts trying to argue that the traya meta has been ended prematurely, but would laugh very hard if grievous becomes meta.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FMtxACKlYM
  • Options
    Trey 66 wrote: »
    Replace Revan with Traya and it's the same argument made months ago :sleeping:

No not at all.

zzEP held fine vs Traya on offence - that is not the case with Revan and yes, I run Revan lead..

Revan Lead is just BROKEN - it is NOTHING like the previous meta teams (JTR/zEP/Traya/zBastilla) - Revan is just plain and simple broken - having 40+ Revan teams in the top 50 and everyone running zzzRevan+zJolee+GMY+Bast+HY without ANY RELIABLE COUNTER is not fun.

There is NO COUNTER to a well modded Revan team, this was never the case with other meta teams - every meta team had a weak spot - a well modded REVAN TEAM DOES NOT HAVE A COUNTER.

Just take a look at the majority of top arena teams atm..ALL REVAN - no exceptions.

This single toon has broken arena.

zzzRevan is boring as bat-*&^#*. JKR/zJolee mirror matches is like a sledge match between two panda bears - neither does damage to the other and the number of buffs is just plain stupid - fills the whole screen and u cant see anything... At least with JTR illuminated destiny took a few turns to kick in...not the case with Revan meta..

Seriously devs - please fix this rubbish and make arena not just about who has the best mods on the ONE TEAM.

• Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Variant, I can make my peace about GK, as its only speculation. I was only trying to provoke thought and conversation around that before u quashed it.

Diversity is nice in arena. I can see what CG are doing which is making arena like a game of ring a ring of roses where you can kill the person to your right and u all take it in turns to fall down until its your turn again.

If Traya was a legendary / hero's journey, then I would agree her rein was long enough. I am merely pointing out that every single guild under 100 MIL GP are still struggling to obtain rewards for CG's flag ship raid. The reward for which is Traya, who is no longer meta.

How many guilds do you think are less then 100MIL in size. How many players do you think that encompasses? Use your brain to contemplate that for a moment. Ok now add to that everyone who's only just got traya to 5 star and gearing. Ok now add to that everyone with 6 Star traya and gearing, and now add to that everyone with 7 Star traya who does not have god mods. That's a BIG NUMBER!!! Lets call that the big X

Lets say, everyone with a 7 Star Traya with very good mods. Is somewhat ok in top 20 arena right now, give or take. We can call them the small Y

The BIG X's now facing Revans, at 7 STARS G12's - What reward worth is traya to those people now? having finished that 8 month slog for HSR?

I get it if this figure was MUCH MUCH lower then fine their is no conceivable argument and your right perhaps its time to move on.

BUT and its a BIGGG BUTTTT, The BIG X exist, and REVAN is a slap in the face to every single one of those players.

All I am saying is that its a shame for them, they were not considered at all in my humble opinion, and that's a big number of people to annoy arguably a bigger proportion of players then who have 7 star trayas and have Revan. You could argue its the largest wedge of players in the pie.

I am just bewildered that if you have a player base lets say of 100 million. You decide to implement a change which makes 1 million of the top players happy, and the 99 million pondering.....oh great so my new traya is worth sweet FA now! I am just curious to know as a business decision what that wise? or was that smart?

I don't know if it was or not personally as i don't work for CG in the finance department. I am just doing the math, here. Maybe the BIG X are all delighted I don't know? that's my only point, i'm merely just thinking were these people considered and that's a lot of people you can not deny its not.

aside from that, I welcome change, I love new things, I love new rewards, I love being rewarded for my time, and for that reward to have a lasting meaning. if that's compromised then I am not going to apologize for speaking my mind or voicing my opinion even if its right or wrong.

You have a right to voicing your opinion. I'm just saying it's flawed. You're starting from a false premise by saying she's "no longer Meta"

I don't know how many times it can be said, Traya is still really freakin strong in the Meta now. Yes, she no longer has a monopoly on domination - oh well. That doesn't mean all those players who have invested in her, or are still trying to unlock her, shouldn't bother to unlock her now? or are they wasting their time in doing so?

Hell no! I'm personally about 3 Heroic Sith Raids away from unlocking her at 5 stars, am i still going to gear her up to 12 and invest my two Zeta's that I've been saving for her? Eventhough I have Revan?..... Abso-freakin-lutely. She's still one of the most powerful characters in the game, with one of the best leaderships in the game, with (in my opinion) the most powerful zeta in the game.

I'm sorry, but this just seems to be more and more whining about Traya no longer being the #1 undisputed dominating force in Arena, now she's just one of two dominating forces in Arena. Oh the unfairness. ~shakes fist at CG~

• Options
    Trey 66 wrote: »
    Replace Revan with Traya and it's the same argument made months ago :sleeping:

No not at all.

zzEP held fine vs Traya on offence - that is not the case with Revan and yes, I run Revan lead..

Revan Lead is just BROKEN - it is NOTHING like the previous meta teams (JTR/zEP/Traya/zBastilla) - Revan is just plain and simple broken - having 40+ Revan teams in the top 50 and everyone running zzzRevan+zJolee+GMY+Bast+HY without ANY RELIABLE COUNTER is not fun.

There is NO COUNTER to a well modded Revan team, this was never the case with other meta teams - every meta team had a weak spot - a well modded REVAN TEAM DOES NOT HAVE A COUNTER.

Just take a look at the majority of top arena teams atm..ALL REVAN - no exceptions.

This single toon has broken arena.

zzzRevan is boring as bat-*&^#*. JKR/zJolee mirror matches is like a sledge match between two panda bears - neither does damage to the other and the number of buffs is just plain stupid - fills the whole screen and u cant see anything... At least with JTR illuminated destiny took a few turns to kick in...not the case with Revan meta..

Seriously devs - please fix this rubbish and make arena not just about who has the best mods on the ONE TEAM.

Your hysterics are laughable.

I seriously question that you run a Revan lead. I run a Revan arena team - I find Revan mirror matches to be the easiest and the quickest - In fact I much prefer those then the Traya matches on my shard. It doesn't even matter if their Revan is faster, even if the opposing Revan team has zJolee. I always kill zJolee first, after that it's easy. I find Traya matches to be more difficult in comparison, especially if they have a fast Thrawn. I've actually lost to Traya teams going on offense, never lost against a Revan team on offense.

• Options
    I've actually lost to Traya teams going on offense

I seriously question your ability to play Revan if you are loosing to Traya.
  • Options
    haha, i love this guy.
    Dedicates many, many posts trying to argue that the traya meta has been ended prematurely, but would laugh very hard if grievous becomes meta.

Well yes because then the people who whaled on Revan would be in the same position as me and that is that our Time / Money has been wasted.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    haha, i love this guy.

Well yes because then the people who whaled on Revan would be in the same position as me and that is that our Time / Money has been wasted.

Except for the fact that traya has been out since March, first unlocks probably around the end of April and Revan has been out for like two weeks now. But yea you're right, if grievous ends the revan meta this month those revan owners are in exactly the same position as you are now with your traya...
  • Options
    Variant, I can make my peace about GK, as its only speculation. I was only trying to provoke thought and conversation around that before u quashed it.

Diversity is nice in arena. I can see what CG are doing which is making arena like a game of ring a ring of roses where you can kill the person to your right and u all take it in turns to fall down until its your turn again.

If Traya was a legendary / hero's journey, then I would agree her rein was long enough. I am merely pointing out that every single guild under 100 MIL GP are still struggling to obtain rewards for CG's flag ship raid. The reward for which is Traya, who is no longer meta.

How many guilds do you think are less then 100MIL in size. How many players do you think that encompasses? Use your brain to contemplate that for a moment. Ok now add to that everyone who's only just got traya to 5 star and gearing. Ok now add to that everyone with 6 Star traya and gearing, and now add to that everyone with 7 Star traya who does not have god mods. That's a BIG NUMBER!!! Lets call that the big X

Lets say, everyone with a 7 Star Traya with very good mods. Is somewhat ok in top 20 arena right now, give or take. We can call them the small Y

The BIG X's now facing Revans, at 7 STARS G12's - What reward worth is traya to those people now? having finished that 8 month slog for HSR?

I get it if this figure was MUCH MUCH lower then fine their is no conceivable argument and your right perhaps its time to move on.

BUT and its a BIGGG BUTTTT, The BIG X exist, and REVAN is a slap in the face to every single one of those players.

All I am saying is that its a shame for them, they were not considered at all in my humble opinion, and that's a big number of people to annoy arguably a bigger proportion of players then who have 7 star trayas and have Revan. You could argue its the largest wedge of players in the pie.

I am just bewildered that if you have a player base lets say of 100 million. You decide to implement a change which makes 1 million of the top players happy, and the 99 million pondering.....oh great so my new traya is worth sweet FA now! I am just curious to know as a business decision what that wise? or was that smart?

I don't know if it was or not personally as i don't work for CG in the finance department. I am just doing the math, here. Maybe the BIG X are all delighted I don't know? that's my only point, i'm merely just thinking were these people considered and that's a lot of people you can not deny its not.

aside from that, I welcome change, I love new things, I love new rewards, I love being rewarded for my time, and for that reward to have a lasting meaning. if that's compromised then I am not going to apologize for speaking my mind or voicing my opinion even if its right or wrong.

You have a right to voicing your opinion. I'm just saying it's flawed. You're starting from a false premise by saying she's "no longer Meta"

I don't know how many times it can be said, Traya is still really freakin strong in the Meta now. Yes, she no longer has a monopoly on domination - oh well. That doesn't mean all those players who have invested in her, or are still trying to unlock her, shouldn't bother to unlock her now? or are they wasting their time in doing so?

Hell no! I'm personally about 3 Heroic Sith Raids away from unlocking her at 5 stars, am i still going to gear her up to 12 and invest my two Zeta's that I've been saving for her? Eventhough I have Revan?..... Abso-freakin-lutely. She's still one of the most powerful characters in the game, with one of the best leaderships in the game, with (in my opinion) the most powerful zeta in the game.

I'm sorry, but this just seems to be more and more whining about Traya no longer being the #1 undisputed dominating force in Arena, now she's just one of two dominating forces in Arena. Oh the unfairness. ~shakes fist at CG~

Yes, admittedly I was looking forward to enjoying some top 10 / 20 arena time, I mean who wouldn't right? I mean do people honestly think I'm just being a baby about this?

I think your going to have a shock when you get your Traya especially when you go up vs a decent Revan modded teams, your gonna play with her then go back to Revan in the blink of an eye, its as plain as a Bulgarian pin up. Only then will you have a real sense as to if all that time you spent getting her, investing 2 zeta's in her was really worth your time. From a TW yes, from an arena point, not so much. Your Kind of bias in the sense that you have Revan to fall back on, so I don't think your going todo much crying into your pillow. You, have cash and you have Revan their is not much to cry about. You need to put your self into someone else shoes who does not have Revan and is completing their epic 8 month farming slog for Traya and the top 20 arena is now a Revan wall. They should have delayed Revan by about 2 months, and made the HSR easier to catch people up, then Revan I think the natural transition then would have felt a lot smoother and welcome. That last sentence is the crux of my argument which I think is fair.

• Options
    Yes, Traya has been out a while. It took, a few months though before top guilds beat it. I would say the guild I was in had about 90 MILL GP, and it took us 3/4 months to get players gearing squads before we defeated it. Then it took another few months to unlock 5 star, then about 3 weeks later Revan. I am sick of making this point over n over.

Am I not saying this correctly but for guilds the same GP as us and below, the chance to enjoy owning the best toon for arena was very short lived given the journey it took to acquire. You could say that CG engineered the Traya reward to be arena worthy for guilds already geared sufficiently to beat HSR from day one. Anyone else who needed 3/4 months to gear, well then their reward would be short lived.

So what I am saying is CG as far are arena is concerned is focusing on the top 20% of guilds. Which is fine at the end of the day if their agenda is purely the top 20% so be it. All I am saying is would have been nice for the other 80% to enjoy it also just for a bit or at least those 80% considered.

Do you believe they were considered properly? or do you think their agenda was REVAN = $$$ - What's your honest opinion of that?

If you think CG sat down and properly considered and contemplated at great and careful length all those players who have not got traya and what the introduction of a META owning toon like Revan might mean to those people not able to purchase him, then fair enough.

In which case ill shut up, and invite the moderator to close this thread with A closing statement of

"Yes, hand on heart CG considered everyone before dropping Revan"

Thread ends....

• thegamer5652
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Just wait for darth revan. I bring news from inside the developer room

Its 100% guaranteed that he will bring a kit that is meant to disable and kill jedi revan teams

More than likely it will have a counter to revans focus attack. causing the entire jedi revan team to kill themselves quickly since the devs want to focus on killing yourself mechanics instead of dying by abilities alone.

Than neutral revan will release making it so whoever has all 3 revans +2 will dominate arenas.
  • Options
    brilliant thanks Gamer :)
  • Options
    I do feel bad for people that invested in Traya and just got whooped by a toon that dropped 2 weeks ago and for the most part was a $$$ / P2P toon.

But in fairness...a lot of people are never going to get Traya anytime soon b/c they joined the game late and / or are not in guilds that have HSR on farm and / or do not have a lineup attractive to be accepted into a HSR guild.

My friend joined the game earlier in the year and there are already a number of Traya teams on his arena shard - all of those players are veteran players running multiple accounts and knew exactly what to farm and when to farm and then used their main accounts to get Traya shards...when this happens you can see how imbalance can exist on an arena shard.

Revan balances this (to an extent) by giving all players access to a powerful toon to close gaps like this. I’m all for closing the gap between Raiders and non-raiders but like I said earlier...I do feel bad for those that spent months farming Traya.

I mean Revan vs Traya is really no contest - his kit and synergies with other Jedis is petty much build to demolish the triumvirate.

• Options
    I do feel bad for people that invested in Traya and just got whooped by a toon that dropped 2 weeks ago and for the most part was a $$$ / P2P toon.

But in fairness...a lot of people are never going to get Traya anytime soon b/c they joined the game late and / or are not in guilds that have HSR on farm and / or do not have a lineup attractive to be accepted into a HSR guild.

My friend joined the game earlier in the year and there are already a number of Traya teams on his arena shard - all of those players are veteran players running multiple accounts and knew exactly what to farm and when to farm and then used their main accounts to get Traya shards...when this happens you can see how imbalance can exist on an arena shard.

Revan balances this (to an extent) by giving all players access to a powerful toon to close gaps like this. I’m all for closing the gap between Raiders and non-raiders but like I said earlier...I do feel bad for those that spent months farming Traya.

I mean Revan vs Traya is really no contest - his kit and synergies with other Jedis is petty much build to demolish the triumvirate.

You know who doesn't feel bad?

The developer who made Revans kit since he got a 20% salary raise more than likely and designed the first AI that automatically goes for critical targets only
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    If Revan is so OP, then how come he can be beaten by a 2 character team?
  • Options
    Because like any good casino, some one always comes in with some trick to beat the system before they get chucked out. What's this new amazing line up the Star, indulge me.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, Traya has been out a while. It took, a few months though before top guilds beat it.
    uuh?
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/160578/version-update-2-28-2018-qol-raid-characters
    2-28-2018
    Please know we plan to release the Sith Triumvirate Raid VERY SOON.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/161273/team-instinct-world-first-heroic-sith-raid/p1
    3-4-2018
    Congratulations to all members of Team Instinct. Another World First title: World First Heroic Sith Raid (Triumvirate).
    It didn't take months, it took days.
    Do you believe they were considered properly? or do you think their agenda was REVAN = $$$ - What's your honest opinion of that?

If you think CG sat down and properly considered and contemplated at great and careful length all those players who have not got traya and what the introduction of a META owning toon like Revan might mean to those people not able to purchase him, then fair enough.

In which case ill shut up, and invite the moderator to close this thread with A closing statement of

Thread ends....

Yes, i believe they were considered properly, but i obviously also think they released Revan to make money.
    I'll ask you again, how long in your opinion should Traya's reign have lasted? You agreed that you didn't want her to be meta indefinately, so even you have no problem with the fact that some players will eventually unlock traya for the first time when she's no longer meta, wich is basically your argument why you wanted her to be meta for longer i might add. How long do others have to face only traya's day in day out in order for you to be happy about the toon you've just unlocked? More importantly perhaps, for how long do players who unlocked her early have to deal with players catching up before they can finally improve their team once again?
    Generally speaking everything ingame is catered to top players, that doesn't mean they don't care about the rest. Take arena for example, don't they care about anyone who isn't in the top5 daily? It's for sure more rewarding than the top50. Same goes for guilds, the better your guild is, the better your rewards are (well, should be, raid rewards are a pita).
  • thegamer5652
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Lmao

This game isn't catered to top players @Boov

You can literally pay to win everything a raider can get but han solo, GK and Traya

You can pay to win g12+ gear now too.

I would rather be a millionaire in this game over having a spot in the #1 guild in the world

Traya wasn't THAT overpowered. EMP lead teams could easily wipe out Traya with mods -40 slower or more. And that was the basic pay to win team to setup with emp, sion, nihilus, thrawn and Vader.

There's krakens in my shard with 125+ speed with crit/crit dmg MODS+ and over 150 speed with speed mods. If anything it was more balanced before since palp countered traya. And traya countered bastilla but bastilla countered palp. Revan now counters all 3 if ran with jolee/GK

With Revan though it's different. He's an AI specifically coded to target critical characters. The team has a higher speed base than traya teams has and revan gets even more speed with his lead.

This isn't a chance for balance... revan was designed to annihilate Traya off the map.

If ran right with Jolee/GK. Revan becomes a God that can only be defeated with nihilus annihilates due to the ridiculous amount of healing and protection up.
  • Options
    Boov - You state CG properly considered what Revan would mean to Traya, and all those still farming her, through the Sith raid.

Your right of course I have the proof below from that exact meeting between The head of CG and the DEVS

Meeting CG HEAD + DEV TEAM -**** SUBJECT REVAN LAUNCH!!!!!!****

DEV team

"Hey Mr HEAD of CG we have a new char REVAN!!!! his gonna own the world!"

HEAD of CG

"Guys hang on, are we not devaluing that effort or holloing the victory a little with our new Revan? What about all those players, thousands still hammering away week after week for those tiny 6 or 7 tokens. Battle after battle, retreat after retreat after retreat before all those phase 3 runs. All those NS runs hundreds and hundreds of them?"

DEV team
    "nah they will be be ok, were given them the chance to spend $500 dollars so they can skip it all and be masters of the universe!

HEAD of CG
    "Really were gonna be millionaires????"

DEV team
    "Big time!"

HEAD of CG
    "ok great when can we launch!" - But hang on have we given people enough time to farm OLD REP"

DEV team
    "ummm, pfffff a little not a lot, most are too busy still farming teams for HSR, and building teams around chewy, they wont be farming OP"

HEAD of CG
    "Brilliant - Lets launch!" they have the forums to moan"

DEV team
    "yeah, plus we know a few people in the community who will defend us, cough Boov"

HEAD of CG
    "What and his defending us off his own back?" Are we giving him a discount for his revan? "

DEV team

"Are we F***!" buts it all guud his one of us.

HEAD of CG
    "Ok lets do it - Launch baby!!!"

• Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    Usually the top players are spenders. There are some f2p top players, but generally speaking they're spenders. How does it not cater to those players, the mere fact that you can buy stuff to do better ingame is a sign that the game does in fact cater to top players.
    I don't know what you're trying to say with the rest of your comment, so i'll just ignore that.
  • Options
    CG must think the TOP players are the players will all the cash. Thankfully not everyone with money is any good I know players with 4800GP+ and have the worst mods ever seen on a player. Their are amazing players, dedicated players who don't whale or cant whale! they will be the people finding ways somehow to crack the REVAN meta, while the whales are hoping and preying the next release comes out before they do.

Quick give me Sith REVAN CMON CMON - TRANSACT - CMON - WFT why is my credit card not working!!!!! TRY ANOTHER - CMON CMON transact dam it!!! - BOOOM SUCESS I have Sith Revan im safe phewwwww I almost fell out of top ten with my Jedi revan - close one.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    CG must think the TOP players are the players will all the cash. Thankfully not everyone with money is any good I know players with 4800GP+ and have the worst mods ever seen on a player. Their are amazing players, dedicated players who don't whale or cant whale! they will be the people finding ways somehow to crack the REVAN meta, while the whales are hoping and preying the next release comes out before they do.

Quick give me Sith REVAN CMON CMON - TRANSACT - CMON - WFT why is my credit card not working!!!!! TRY ANOTHER - CMON CMON transact dam it!!! - BOOOM SUCESS I have Sith Revan im safe phewwwww I almost fell out of top ten with my Jedi revan - close one.

Already cracked in multiple ways, increasing on a daily basis.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options

I'm sure the devs will introduce a new toon/team when everyone and their uncle has jedi revan, just like they did now with traya. I don't see how that's a bad thing. Like you said, dedicated f2p players will find a way to do well in arena regardless. Maybe it's time to accept that you can do just fine with traya and without revan, or face the truth that you're not a top rank worthy player.
    You still haven't awnsered how long in your opinion traya should have stayed the single best choice for arena btw. I'm just going to assume you won't anwser since by doing so you'll invalidate your own argument.
    Anyway, It's starting to get ridiculous.. so yea..

Thread ends....

• Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Revan on his own or with a full Jedi/OR team? :)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »

Full team, haven't you seen the videos?
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options

As mentioned, full team. Standard JKR deviations, and you use Qi'ra lead and Nest. And you win, 2v5. Can't really consider a character OP when that is possible.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

As mentioned, full team. Standard JKR deviations, and you use Qi'ra lead and Nest. And you win, 2v5. Can't really consider a character OP when that is possible.

I would and do consider him op despite various teams beating him, including this rofl stomping. It's became just one op toon and broken mechanic after another.
  • Options
    just wait for jedi that ignores protection :#
    I always thought that certain one character had broken survival mechanic, then we got a second one.
    Those are zombie and nest
  • Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I've actually lost to Traya teams going on offense

I seriously question your ability to play Revan if you are loosing to Traya.

Not all Traya teams are built alike. In my shard Traya is still 50/50 in the top 10. Especially if they have a fast thrawn that Fracture's my Revan or my GMY at the beginning of the match - there's an element of RNG of course, but it does happen.

I'll state again, I find Revan mirror matches to be the easiest. I go through them like a hot knife through butter. I've never lost a mirror match on offense, it doesn't even matter if their Revan is faster.