Grand Arena - BUG - Megathread

Replies

• Options
    Ally code: 189-558-377

I cannot enter enemy territory. The button "ENTER" is blank and does not function.

Because of that I cant attack/cant get conquer points. If opponent didn't set any defense, I still should get points for the conquering of the territories, but how ???

81wk1lv9tezm.png
  • Options
    ilomazz wrote: »
    Ally code: 189-558-377

I cannot enter enemy territory. The button "ENTER" is blank and does not function.

Because of that I cant attack/cant get conquer points. If opponent didn't set any defense, I still should get points for the conquering of the territories, but how ???

81wk1lv9tezm.png

Same problem for lots of us.

Submit your bug at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en

The forums isn't an official bug reporting place and CG isn't going to look here for specific bug reports.
  • Options
    I have the same problem, when I press "Enter" I get into a loading screen and stays like that, nothing happens, I have to force close the app. Ally code 688-256-582
  • Options
    I have the same problem, when I press "Enter" I get into a loading screen and stays like that, nothing happens, I have to force close the app. Ally code 688-256-582

I have this same issue
  • hyme
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Everyone should be posting ally codes and bugs at one of following links:

Unable to see grand arena's defenses:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Unable-to-see-Grand-Arena-opponent-s-defenses/td-p/7276715/jump-to/first-unread-message

Grand Arena - Indefinite Load Screen:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Grand-Arena-Indefinite-Load-Screen-When-Entering/td-p/7276523/jump-to/first-unread-message

These were already set up.
  • hyme
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    On a separate note, I am all for giving up Territory War for something new, but with all the issues and problems its not really sitting well. There are too many issues with Grand Arena to get accurate rewards.

1. Auto Deploy should not be utilized until every gameboard has been revealed. 2 different ones have been used. First 2 zones 3 teams each. Failed. Second 2 zones 3 teams each. Success. Third 4 zones 1 with ship 3 zones with 2 teams each. Fail. As a coder I know the issue a computer trying to rectify separating and adding into separate zones in different layouts will cause. 2 on one side 4 on other etc. So if other game boards are different please don't use auto deploy until it can save every board and use those for future games.

2. In meantime if an opponent does not set defense than we should get auto zone clear and points. example: no defense set I enter into attack phase I get the 180 points added to my total for every zone empty. This way if opponent attacks they cant win because I get more points for setting defense than they get for attacking and clearing a squad. It forces people to set defense for points until auto deploy can be fixed.

fekmizdiuexd.jpg

After the endless load screen I was able to get in and if my opponent attacks, then I am guaranteed loss because I never got points for clearing their zones. They only need to clear about half my board to win in the current version.
  • Options
    I believe that if an opponent does not set their defenses, then they should auto-forfeit the match and award the other player full completion rewards (100k and the win).
  • Options
    Game froze right after the battle started. So I lost a good team, the battle, and clearing the node. I don't like to lose but I especially hate it when it is not my fault I lost. Can you test stuff before you send it out. This is the most frustrating thing about this game.
  • Options
    I believe that if an opponent does not set their defenses, then they should auto-forfeit the match and award the other player full completion rewards (100k and the win).

I was having the same issues as half the bug reporters (no defense in enemy territory, only half of mine showing, banners didn't add up), but when I logged in today, it has updated and now the whole board is clear. It appears my opponent set no def, but attacked and took out all of my def. I will win because I set def and "cleared" their territories since there was no def.

Not ideal because I didn't get to attack, get credits, have fun, etc., but at least I will win and move on to an opponent who set their def for the next round. Same will likely happen to all of us who saw the same glitch, so at least the "set no defense, can't win" should still hold true.
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb one of the devs please acknowledge that half of us can't even attack because no defense is showing up for our opponents but they have the banners like they had set it up!
  • Options

All

I posted my ally code to EA bug report and just logged in and my GA has been fixed.

My opponent posted no defenses and their squares finally turned gray and awarded me the banners.

If you've provided your ally code to EA (on bug report website not here), then log in and check to see if they've fixed it for you.

thanks,
  • hyme
    147 posts Member
    Options
    I want to thank the people addressing issues. I logged in just now and got the points for clearing zones. At least this stops those who did not set defense from having an upper hand by technicality. Thank you again for not making this a total wash.
  • Polddd
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    So i am very disappointed with you guys. In all my tine playing this game i have not had one complaint about everything because i appreciate the game you have made for me. I have been SUPER excited for GA only to be one of the few people with an unrepaired loading screen. This is literally the most disrespectful thing you could to do long term fans of your game, release untested and unmonitored game modes that BREAK games. I hope you guys can do something for me, cause i really was looking forward to this...

Ally code: 382-162-533

oa6xnjr4avlt.jpg
  • Options
    Csharpmao wrote: »
    Like many others, cannot enter an empty ennemy territory.
    Number of ennemy troops like ?/2

Do you think it is worth I post another picture of it ?

Seems that my opponent didn't put any defense, but when he attacked, I got all the points from conquering the empty zones.
  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    EA Carrie said they are fixing this for anyone who's submitted a bug report to EA Bug Report website. They aren't looking at this thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/a65iog/grand_arena_defense_issue_need_upvotes_to_get_dev/ebsjgic/

If you want this fixed, you need to submit your ally code to the EA Bug Report web site at

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en
  • Options
    If we have to repost somewhere else, why is this thread still open???
  • Options
    I'd like to know how you got yours fixed so quickly. I posted my ally code on the bug report thread as requested over 3 hours ago and still no luck.
  • Options
    I cant get my grand arena to load at all, my ally code is 727-535-526, hope can fix the bugs so I can get in
  • Options
    wharfrat70 wrote: »
    I'd like to know how you got yours fixed so quickly. I posted my ally code on the bug report thread as requested over 3 hours ago and still no luck.

I posted my code yesterday about two hours after the attack phase started.
  • Options

Lucky. I was locked out for the first 18 hours with the other bug where I couldn't enter the GA at all to see that I was impacted by this bug.
  • Options

Lucky. I was locked out for the first 18 hours with the other bug where I couldn't enter the GA at all to see that I was impacted by this bug.

I was locked out for 2 hours with the spinning/loading icon. Then, after 2nd patch, I got this bug.
  • Options
    Mine got fixed with 20 minutes to spare :)
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Options
    Game crashed mid-fight... Lost becuase of that fight based on mechanics and toons... Screen shots available.

467-822-263
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    I didn’t get my stun cuffs from my win, what do I need to do?
    You need to wait until the GA is over - stun cuffs are a final reward.
  • Options
    Still can’t see the 3rd defense set circle in top.

9d91qrba1qt5.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Ally code 441-594-644

I joined day 1 and saw the waiting to match screen and then the next day it was the picture below and the whole event has been greyed out. Today I got the thanks for participating in the grand arena to zeta. So there is that at least.

qf8dbly5o0x8.png
  • bamRTR
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Ally code 915-783-335 I'm having same issues
    Post edited by bamRTR on
  • bamRTR
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    5av950h5l4r5.jpg

Ally code 915-783-335
    I'm having same issue
    I received the rewards that everyone received from the first GA. Then ever since I keep getting message saying there was no active GA at this time, so now I've missed the second GA and doubt it can be fixed to join as it is now in either round 2-3.