C3P0 Nerf or not??

Replies

• While I agree with your approach, it’s obvious you never read all of the previous posts/suggestions etc....A simple small TM gain from taking dmg causes less butterfly effect (imo) than most other ideas suggested here.

While I did in fact not read the previous posts, I think in principle either fix would work. They both achieve the same end which is to have Traya go eventually. One way, the damage triggers the TM gain. The other way, the character taking a turn causes the TM gain. If the amounts are the same, it's essentially the same solution so it just goes to show people are thinking along similar paths.

• This post in it of itself is ridiculous.
    Not the post or it’s content, but the fact that we need to have it. With CG “fixing” all these abilities and synergies, it’s created a constant panic that any character, new or years old will get the axe, effectively reducing their usefulness and killing the time and effort put into our farms.
    Hey devs, here’s an idea. Leave all existing characters alone. Unless it’s a major bug or clear error, don’t touch it. You should’ve tested things better. Who cares if we finally have a viable team to solo HAAT? Who cares if we can clear ONE phase of the HSTR. Stop nerfing characters because you guys messed up. Back off.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Easy fix in order to nerf but not gimp the team is to have Traya gain enough TM under topple while a player character gets a turn so as to make it possible to do say a 3-5 million damage run. Mechanics change could read something like:

While Traya is toppled, she gains [X]% turn meter every time an enemy takes a turn. This turn meter gain cannot be prevented.

DeathStorm intensifies

I don't have enough experience with DeathStorm to see how that would intensify it. Care to elaborate?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This post in it of itself is ridiculous.
    Not the post or it’s content, but the fact that we need to have it. With CG “fixing” all these abilities and synergies, it’s created a constant panic that any character, new or years old will get the axe, effectively reducing their usefulness and killing the time and effort put into our farms.
    Hey devs, here’s an idea. Leave all existing characters alone. Unless it’s a major bug or clear error, don’t touch it. You should’ve tested things better. Who cares if we finally have a viable team to solo HAAT? Who cares if we can clear ONE phase of the HSTR. Stop nerfing characters because you guys messed up. Back off.
    Content changes in continuously supported games. Fact of the medium since Ultima.

And most of these "nerfs" were either not changes to the character at all (ST Han), based on interactions that did not exist when the character was introduced (Revan/Nest), or buffs (Zombie).

Also, they cannot plausibly test to the same degree the playerbase will within days. 300000 players engaging a new piece of content for five minutes is 25,000 man-hours. They cannot test to that degree. Things will get through. Interactions will be found. Capital Games is not a large studio.

This should not be a panic. This should be a reasonable understanding that stuff happens, content sometimes needs to change, and an infinite loop to solo endgame content that's still supposed to be an entire guild affair is probably not regarded as acceptable to the devs.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

Also, they cannot plausibly test to the same degree the playerbase will within days. 300000 players engaging a new piece of content for five minutes is 25,000 man-hours. They cannot test to that degree. Things will get through. Interactions will be found. Capital Games is not a large studio.

This should not be a panic. This should be a reasonable understanding that stuff happens, content sometimes needs to change, and an infinite loop to solo endgame content that's still supposed to be an entire guild affair is probably not regarded as acceptable to the devs.

IF it was genuinely a missed interaction, that was found within 24-hours by the very few people who actually have managed to get C3p0 to 7* in that time and gear him and run raid test runs with him (NOT hundreds of thousands!), then CG should have already come out with a clear statement about the interaction either saying it's fine or it's an issue they'll be fixing/nerfing - that they have been conspicuously quiet, and probably will continue to be until the C3p0 event is over, just makes it clear they care more about luring people into investing in chars than in being honest and fair with the players!

I don't know if C3p0 will be nerfed, or even whether he should be, I just want to know one way or the other and as a player that pays-for-some-things (not a whale or orca or whatever ) I definitely won't be paying for anything more if they are happy to milk the cash from events without being clear with players whether that investment based on its current strengths will be around in a week's time even once they are clearly aware of concerns during any such event!
  • P3 of HSTR is miserable. I welcome any squads that can ease that pain.
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    IF it was genuinely a missed interaction, that was found within 24-hours by the very few people who actually have managed to get C3p0 to 7* in that time and gear him and run raid test runs with him (NOT hundreds of thousands!), then CG should have already come out with a clear statement about the interaction either saying it's fine or it's an issue they'll be fixing/nerfing - that they have been conspicuously quiet, and probably will continue to be until the C3p0 event is over, just makes it clear they care more about luring people into investing in chars than in being honest and fair with the players!
    No, they should not have.

You do not tell the public what you are going to do as a company until you've decided on a course. Radio silence until then is correct, because you have no information to put out, and anything someone says will probably be wrong.

Plus, a much larger portion of the playerbase could see the kit and theorycraft with it than actually unlocked 3PO, players have a different skill set geared towards actively breaking games than devs have for making them, and those twenty-four hours you mention were on a Saturday, when the devs were out of the office. Today was the first business day to deal with it officially. It was spent assessing.
    Still not a he.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited December 2018
    Hi folks, FYI I've just posted something in the dev news about this topic that should help clear up any confusion.
  • I’m going for traya tenacity boost for this.

P3 is mostly beaten with straight damage anyway.

Or @CG_SBCrumb remove the 7 hit on GG in tank and allow for other teams to auto haat as well.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks, FYI I've just posted something in the dev news about this topic that should help clear up any confusion.

No more raid changes. Don’t penalize every squad over one this release.

Leave Finn alone! FFS you guys are always trying to mess with old squad abilities! If you mess with his leadership zeta be prepared to refund everyone the mats and keep it in place. Enough is enough already.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Can we just buff Traya instead? Today was the first time I was able to use zFinn in the tank raid and it was a HUGE QOL improvement being able to be productive while saving time on a raid that is easy to go through

I don’t really care about soloing P3 of Sith Raid and I don’t see anyone else in my guild that expressed any negativity on not being able to solo P3. The raid has been out for months and I’d rather not see a great toon nerfed to oblivion on an easy raid phase that is boring

I love my zFinn for TW and GA and wouldn’t want to see a loss there either
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I can't use the team in question, but I don't think Finn should be messed with at all. He and his zeta were around long before the Sith Raid and is useful throughout the game in other modes.

Changing how C-3PO's kit and how it interacts with the raid is a better change since he is new and you can claim bug-fixes.Just my thoughts. If you change something with Traya, it might interfere with other existing strategies that work.

Synopsis: Don't change something that was working well within the limits of the game because something new came and broke it. Fix the new thing so that it works within the limits of what you want the Raid to be.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    HK22 wrote: »
    I can't use the team in question, but I don't think Finn should be messed with at all. He and his zeta were around long before the Sith Raid and is useful throughout the game in other modes.

Changing how C-3PO's kit and how it interacts with the raid is a better change since he is new and you can claim bug-fixes.Just my thoughts. If you change something with Traya, it might interfere with other existing strategies that work.

Synopsis: Don't change something that was working well within the limits of the game because something new came and broke it. Fix the new thing so that it works within the limits of what you want the Raid to be.
    They can give Traya immune to expose while toppled or stacking tenacity or something like that to prevent breaking existing strats
  • Ultra wrote: »
    [They can give Traya immune to expose while toppled or stacking tenacity or something like that to prevent breaking existing strats

That would nerf JTR teams in that phase
  • Change the character that broke it and nothing else is a factor.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Change the character that broke it and nothing else is a factor.

I think the issue with that, is that that would effect his ability to make the HAAT soloable. they may not be concerned about that but it would hurt both raids, while they can make changes in other ways that will isolate this interaction.
  • Easy fix: Traya can only be exposed once per turn. Only other team that really affects is JTR, who is P1 anyway.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    nevermind misread post
  • I like that they're taking time to properly evaluate the situation before making any changes. End of the day no one will be completely happy with whatever change is made.

Maybe just test better. You said it perfectly when you said our "qa efforts". Just try harder. We found this out in a couple days. This happens way to often where live servers are basically beta testing things and then when we find great ways to do things you "fix" it. Invite the players who are discovering this into testing or something. Give them a week to work squads with it. Im not talking like test accounts or game changer stuff. I'm talking directly after concept and development. Heck maybe even bring them in during development. Use their amazing ability to find these setups. It just makes you guys look really bad when you have to keep correcting "unintended issues" or other bugs on launch of events or days after some form of release.
  • Thank you for the heads up that you are looking into it. Thats all we want as customers, now ppl can invest or not knowing what's coming.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Change the character that broke it and nothing else is a factor.

I think the issue with that, is that that would effect his ability to make the HAAT soloable. they may not be concerned about that but it would hurt both raids, while they can make changes in other ways that will isolate this interaction.

Remove the factors that cuase issue in hstr and add special buff to haat to keep the solo ability.
  • I applaud the communication and I appreciate that you're going to carefully consider a solution to this.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Kreontas wrote: »
    JTR's already pretty bad against Traya. The way Traya punishes Foresight is real bad for JTR.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Maybe just test better. You said it perfectly when you said our "qa efforts". Just try harder. We found this out in a couple days. This happens way to often where live servers are basically beta testing things and then when we find great ways to do things you "fix" it. Invite the players who are discovering this into testing or something. Give them a week to work squads with it. Im not talking like test accounts or game changer stuff. I'm talking directly after concept and development. Heck maybe even bring them in during development. Use their amazing ability to find these setups. It just makes you guys look really bad when you have to keep correcting "unintended issues" or other bugs on launch of events or days after some form of release.
    Oh, try harder. Why didn't anyone else thing of that? Clearly, that's the issue. /s

We, the playerbase, outnumber CG staff more than a thousand to one. Yeah, content gets pushed and fixed. That's how the development cycle for MMO style games has literally always worked, because it can't work otherwise. There is no final product, and you cannot test everything to a point of perfection.
    Still not a he.
  • Resistance zFinn lead have already been nerfed in HAAT . If you makes them complete garbage , refund zeta, gearing materials and abilities materials . Please don’t touch Finn !
    JTR's already pretty bad against Traya. The way Traya punishes Foresight is real bad for JTR.

Oh, try harder. Why didn't anyone else thing of that? Clearly, that's the issue. /s

We, the playerbase, outnumber CG staff more than a thousand to one. Yeah, content gets pushed and fixed. That's how the development cycle for MMO style games has literally always worked, because it can't work otherwise. There is no final product, and you cannot test everything to a point of perfection.

You would think when you add a new character with resistance syngergy and a mass call to assist abily that also bring new exposes mechanics that one of the first things you would check is a Zfinn leader and how it works with those new exposes. It's not like the teams even use scarce Rebels. Its all Raid Han chewie Cls and sometimes Ezra the most obscure one I have seen used is probably Princess Leia.

Agreed yet this came about pretty quickly.
    Finn is really the only outlier on the squad - kind of.

They can’t really do anything to threepio because players still looking to get him. Hence after New Years- even though it’s nice they want our feedback.

I’m just wondering if messing with traya will affect teams they had planned for the future for p3. If that’s the case Finn lead will be changed.

Again, p3 is more so about pure damage not buffs. Pile high her tenacity or just switch mechanic with gg.

Just gonna gloss over everything else I said huh? Figures
  • Padas wrote: »
    You would think when you add a new character with resistance syngergy and a mass call to assist abily that also bring new exposes mechanics that one of the first things you would check is a Zfinn leader and how it works with those new exposes. It's not like the teams even use scarce Rebels. Its all Raid Han chewie Cls and sometimes Ezra the most obscure one I have seen used is probably Princess Leia.
    It's not just the combination of characters that causes the problem.

Nor is it the combinations of characters and that particular enemy.

It's the characters, the enemy, the condition, and a mod loadout for a great deal of potency all at the same time. It's a confluence of events and setup that is not necessarily obvious except in retrospect when you have to test the content against every game mode and in many team comps with a limited amount of man-hours.
    Still not a he.