New Clue!

Replies

  • So let me see if I get this right. Now all we need to do is convert each letter in either an A or a B and then run the Bacon cipher. That's a lot of options! Off course, I may be wrong.

    Could it be that capital letters in the original phrases are B? (And change every occurrence of that letter with a B, leaving all the others as A).

    OK. Thinking out loud.
  • Germi
    551 posts Member
    We shouldn’t let an MIT guy humiliate this great community.
  • Landos falcon makes no sense to pair with bounty hunters.
  • Apologies for the previous post - these are the correct blocks

    FORAT EASED UEWHY FLYFA RBEAT THIST HATDB ENAYV ISION ARYID
    HAVEM YBEST HATON FITFA INTTH EBEST FEATO THERF OLDSS ADSTO
    PCHAN GINGK EEPFA RMING IMREA PINGT HEWAG ERSMY PLAYS
    WINRE ASONI SSIMP LEPAI REDAN DTRUE KNOWF ANSAN DJOKE ADDCL
    UEBUT GETTH ENODA CEFAI LNIGH ANDST EMHOP EROTA TEDNO HELPG ETPWD DUNCE

    I tired using the 'Scoundrels 4 life' letters as a's and the remaining letters as b's but get gibberish. Need to work out which letters need to be converted to a's and b's
  • Im not on a pc... but if the first sentence is resolved to
    "Star Wars: Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil"
    cant we use that to determine how you come from the sentence to the answer and then redo it for the other sentense? Btw to get that from the first sentense there are letters that arent used
  • Germi
    551 posts Member
    Pu55yRiot wrote: »
    Apologies for the previous post - these are the correct blocks

    FORAT EASED UEWHY FLYFA RBEAT THIST HATDB ENAYV ISION ARYID
    HAVEM YBEST HATON FITFA INTTH EBEST FEATO THERF OLDSS ADSTO
    PCHAN GINGK EEPFA RMING IMREA PINGT HEWAG ERSMY PLAYS
    WINRE ASONI SSIMP LEPAI REDAN DTRUE KNOWF ANSAN DJOKE ADDCL
    UEBUT GETTH ENODA CEFAI LNIGH ANDST EMHOP EROTA TEDNO HELPG ETPWD DUNCE

    I tired using the 'Scoundrels 4 life' letters as a's and the remaining letters as b's but get gibberish. Need to work out which letters need to be converted to a's and b's

    Sorry man but it doesn’t mean anything lol
  • Im not on a pc... but if the first sentence is resolved to
    "Star Wars: Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil"
    cant we use that to determine how you come from the sentence to the answer and then redo it for the other sentense? Btw to get that from the first sentense there are letters that arent used

    You can make that phrase from it, however there are still letters left over.
  • So, I suspect their might be another wheel layer on the rotation; if you take the boxes and count them, they form 60 independent numbers; But the last words don’t seem to fit the poem. “Rotated. No help. Get pwnd. Dunce.” If you omit those, then there are 60 words. And in fact, those words seem to form a clue—Rotated (add to the rotation) No help (these words are not part) get pwnd (Unix code as mentioned elsewhere) dunce. (Stupid if you add it). And fact, each line has a specific hint.

    “The best feat others fold sad”—perhaps it’s not just a rotation, but the cipher must be split in half somehow, like a mirror. That seems to be what fold may mean.

    Reason is simple, paired and true—supports this; if it was a mirror, or folded, each word would effectively be paired, leading to new options.

    Not sure if these speculations help anyone, but I thought it might be a rabbit hole worth e exploring.
  • Germi
    551 posts Member
    Just for the record, with a puzzle this complicated with this many layers, there’s absolutely no chance that this exclusively reveals details related to the Millenium Falcon event. CG pays attention to what goes on to the community, much to the disbelief of this forum. They know that we know OT Falcon is coming. They knew we knew the leaks that happened in September. CG wouldn’t go to these lengths to create this complicated of a puzzle just to reveal something we already knew was coming, and that THEY already knew, we knew.

    Also, as you can see if you read this thread something related to Darth Bane has been potentially discovered. Right now it seems quite likely that this puzzle reveals multiple things that are coming to the game, potentially a scrambled puzzle of the Road Ahead.

    Anyway my point is, stop being downers and shouting that we already know OT Falcon is coming, because this puzzle CLEARLY has more to it than that.

    @CG_SBCrumb great job on this puzzle. I look forward to seeing what’s ahead.

    Yes you are right.
    I think the puzzle is actually a full book !
  • Swami218
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Maybe consonants vs vowels?

    Or odd # letters vs even # letters?

    Subbing in for As and Bees for Bacon Cipher
  • I still think you are following the wrong lead. It's not the Bacon cipher, it's Baconian acrostics. Fisto is very likely the first one, and Dathcha seems like a candidate for the second, as I explained in my previous posts. If this is so, the shape they make in the text could be understood as drawing the letters L1. L1 is a kind of tactical combat droid. Not that sure about Dathcha though, but quite sure about Fisto as the shape of that acrostic is the same as a famous Baconian acrostic, it looks too "nice" to me to just be a random pattern.

    Random patterns can be misleading sometimes though, so good luck with the Bacon ciphers anyway.
  • Kalikrates wrote: »
    I still think you are following the wrong lead. It's not the Bacon cipher, it's Baconian acrostics. Fisto is very likely the first one, and Dathcha seems like a candidate for the second, as I explained in my previous posts. If this is so, the shape they make in the text could be understood as drawing the letters L1. L1 is a kind of tactical combat droid. Not that sure about Dathcha though, but quite sure about Fisto as the shape of that acrostic is the same as a famous Baconian acrostic, it looks too "nice" to me to just be a random pattern.

    Random patterns can be misleading sometimes though, so good luck with the Bacon ciphers anyway.

    Kit Fisto rework
  • Rilsston wrote: »
    So, I suspect their might be another wheel layer on the rotation; if you take the boxes and count them, they form 60 independent numbers; But the last words don’t seem to fit the poem. “Rotated. No help. Get pwnd. Dunce.” If you omit those, then there are 60 words. And in fact, those words seem to form a clue—Rotated (add to the rotation) No help (these words are not part) get pwnd (Unix code as mentioned elsewhere) dunce. (Stupid if you add it). And fact, each line has a specific hint.

    “The best feat others fold sad”—perhaps it’s not just a rotation, but the cipher must be split in half somehow, like a mirror. That seems to be what fold may mean.

    Reason is simple, paired and true—supports this; if it was a mirror, or folded, each word would effectively be paired, leading to new options.

    Not sure if these speculations help anyone, but I thought it might be a rabbit hole worth e exploring.

    I’m pretty positive there’s not another wheel on the rotation. I went down that rabbit hole last night, and after the method was discovered, I confirmed myself along with others that the wheel works as is.

    The one thing I think I can say is that I don’t think any of the inner circle of letters was used. It could just be red herring, but if there was any more to do with the dial it would be there.
  • pbchillin
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Rilsston wrote: »
    So, I suspect their might be another wheel layer on the rotation; if you take the boxes and count them, they form 60 independent numbers; But the last words don’t seem to fit the poem. “Rotated. No help. Get pwnd. Dunce.” If you omit those, then there are 60 words. And in fact, those words seem to form a clue—Rotated (add to the rotation) No help (these words are not part) get pwnd (Unix code as mentioned elsewhere) dunce. (Stupid if you add it). And fact, each line has a specific hint.

    “The best feat others fold sad”—perhaps it’s not just a rotation, but the cipher must be split in half somehow, like a mirror. That seems to be what fold may mean.

    Reason is simple, paired and true—supports this; if it was a mirror, or folded, each word would effectively be paired, leading to new options.

    Not sure if these speculations help anyone, but I thought it might be a rabbit hole worth e exploring.

    I agree with you, there is more to what we have already.

    Where you mention 'Rotated' there is a Rotate Cipher, where numbers/letters in a grid are rotated 90 degrees one way or another to spell out more information.

    Also with the pairs... on the table shared all the numbers are in pairs. two out of 4 on every row are filled in. It might be reading too much into things for sure... but he's told us we have all the clues already.

    The Scoundrels4Life is not a coincidence. Either that has to fit into the text in some capacity... or there is more information in the parsecs chart we're not understanding yet.
  • I wrote a script to quickly iterate over different options for converting to a and b

    Format:
    Bacon translation using 24 character encoding
    26 character encoding
    inverted a's and b's 24
    inverted 26

    Switching between a and b for every punctuation:
    CB?D?ACPAC?QDD?R?B?AQ??AI/JB?A?ABRADRB?Q?HDRHR?H??AH?
    CB?D?ACOAC?PDD?Q?B?AP??AIBYA?ABQADQB?P?HDQHQ?H??AH?
    ??A?A??S??BR??AQB?B?RAD?Z?H?A??Q??Q?DRD??Q?QD?AA??A
    ??A?A??R??BQ??APB?B?QAD?X?H?A??P??P?DQDY?PYPDYAA?YA

    Capitals are a, lowercase are b:
    Q???Z???????????????????Q??????????Q??Q???????Z?P?Q
    P???X???????????????????P??????????P??P???????X?O?P
    RAAAI/JBAAACAAAACAAAAEAAAARAACACAAAAARAARAAAEAAAI/JCSER
    QAAAIBAAACAAAACAAAAEAAAAQAACACAAAAAQAAQAAAEAAAICREQ

    Switching between a and b for every punctuation AND switching for capital/lower:
    TB?DZBCPAA?QDD?R?B?EQ??A?B?C?CBRADRS?QNHDRDR?HZ?SDQ
    SB?DXBCOAA?PDD?Q?B?EP??AYBYC?CBQADQR?PMHDQDQ?HX?RDP
    O?A?I/J??S??BR??CQB?B?RAD?H?H?A??Q??QPDRU/V??Q?QD?I/JCP?R
    N?A?I??R??BQ??CPB?B?QAD?H?H?A??P??PODQTY?P?PDYICO?Q

    Does anyone else have any ideas on what to use for a and b?
  • sigsig
    142 posts Member
    How about another clue
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Hope it opens up the venue for Mara Jade or more characters from that era or Yuuzhan Vong as a faction would be super cool

    The New Jedi Order story line with the invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong is what episodes 7-9 should have been. The timing was right; EU deletion was wrong. Kylo never should have been named Ben.
    So much sadness over this subject.
  • sigsig wrote: »
    How about another clue

    Maybe they just did that
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    It's by far the most difficult puzzle yet! I've even enlisted some help from a puzzle master at the office to construct this monstrosity. Good luck! You're gonna need it!

    its easy... i saw parsecs per hr, and fly... its OT FALCON! :)
  • Germi
    551 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    We shouldn’t let an MIT guy humiliate this great community.

    You're still in my part of town. You haven't even seen his madness yet...
    yes-yes-everything-is-going-according-to-plan.jpg

    Oh god !
    Well done.
  • Germi
    551 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    CG_EVS_469 wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    We shouldn’t let an MIT guy humiliate this great community.

    You're still in my part of town. You haven't even seen his madness yet...
    yes-yes-everything-is-going-according-to-plan.jpg

    (And for the record, I'm a Buckeye, not a Beaver; I only visit MIT for the puzzles :smiley: )

    Sorry man. I am French
    Not very good with this kind of things.
    MIT puzzles sounds pretty amazing to me :-p
    It seems your code is pretty unbreakable.
    What do you think. Maybe a key or a clue.

    Is this A and B thing relevant ?
  • Possible passwords for bacon cipher:

    Scoundrel names - Lando, Han Solo


  • Pu55yRiot wrote: »
    FORAT EASED UEWHY FLYFA RBEAT THIST HATDB ENAYV ISION ARYID
    HAVEM YBEST HATO NFITF AINTT HEBES TFEAT OTHER FOLDS SADST
    OPCHA NGING KEEPF ARMIN GIMRE APING THEWA GERSMY PLAYS
    WINRE ASONI SSIMP LEPAI REDAN DTRUE KNOWF ANSAN DJOKE ADDCL
    UEBUT GETTH ENODA CEFAI LNIGH ANDST EMHOP EROTA TEDNO HELPG ETPWD DUNCE


  • WHY ? Why they're doing this to instead of fixing the game . use your smart ideas to fixing that please...
  • Bacon? It’s porkins
  • Germi wrote: »

    Is this A and B thing relevant ?

    He probably means he is Ohio State University, not MIT

Sign In or Register to comment.