New Clue!

Replies

• Still catching up and trying some ideas I had earlier, but so far no luck.

Question for @CG_SBCrumb , though. Are we going to be able to tell when we've made intermediate steps toward the solution? "Scoundrels4Life" was excellent that way---we were able to figure out that we'd done something correct with the dials. If there are intermediate steps where we aren't going to be able to see we've hit on something, though, that's going to make this way harder.
  • don't be influenced by the bacon. it wasn't part of the puzzle.
  • sigsig
    232 posts Member
    I agree. I think the bacon cipher isn't right at all.
  • CG_EVS_469 wrote: »
    And for the record, I'm a Buckeye
    I knew you were nuts!

• Recom
    41 posts Member
    Xupaosso wrote: »

I’m pretty positive there’s not another wheel on the rotation. I went down that rabbit hole last night, and after the method was discovered, I confirmed myself along with others that the wheel works as is.

The one thing I think I can say is that I don’t think any of the inner circle of letters was used. It could just be red herring, but if there was any more to do with the dial it would be there.

100% with you on this. We've only used the left column of the table (we needed to use other columns to calculate the left but still) and only the inner bezel on the dial.

Why is there 2 columns for the duration h:mm and minutes? I'm sure there's more to it and will be focusing on it tonight, I'll share my findings if any.

Others can focus on the Bacon thing even though it doesn't look too promising imo..
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    Following along, lots of fun.

There's literally no way this is just OT Falcon. I figured that out as I was reading it, and I'm not even kinda clever enough when it comes to ciphers, puzzles, etc like this.

The more I see comments about this being something akin to the Road Ahead, the more that makes sense.

What better way to confuse and confound a community with a cipher like this than to be talking about several different things that have nothing to do with each other, other than they all are Star Wars?

**Especially** If it's possible the cipher is not only talking about different things, but also different things at the same time.

Ie, scoundrels and ships has been pulled out of the cipher, but so has Darth Bane, Fisto, and Dathcha. Often from the same line/section.

What if that's intentional? What if there's more than answer per line? If one can 'easily' get one answer from a line, one tends to assume that's it, and stops paying much attention there. However, if I was going to create an incredibly complex cipher/puzzle, I would try my best to get more than one answer into each line.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    wxr2jme63cqs.png

What is written on the arrow / cursor ?

I mean, has this part of the puzzle already solved ?
  • Tried Scoundrels4Life as a key in a vigenere cipher, both pre and post bacon output, still nothing
  • Anagrams can mean anything, and this might be nothing, but you can come up with some interesting lines based on the information in the clue (thanks to those who discovered lines 1 and 3. The 4th line is the one that is hardest For me to see any Star Wars connections):

Title: DEATH NOTE

Line 1: STAR WARS DARTH BANE DYNASTY OF EVIL

Line 2: EVIL IN THE TIME OF HEROES

Line 3: STAR WARS INFINITIES A NEW HOPE

Line 4 possibilities (there might be others that are better):
    TIES OF BLOOD AND WATER
    STRANGE BEDFELLOWS
    CHILDREN OF TIME
    MISTAKE

Last line: LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE.

Again, those may be completely wrong, but can at least relate to this universe we call Star Wars.
  • Tsuo_Vook wrote: »
    Still catching up and trying some ideas I had earlier, but so far no luck.

Question for @CG_SBCrumb , though. Are we going to be able to tell when we've made intermediate steps toward the solution? "Scoundrels4Life" was excellent that way---we were able to figure out that we'd done something correct with the dials. If there are intermediate steps where we aren't going to be able to see we've hit on something, though, that's going to make this way harder.

You will see the solution to this part reveal itself once you hit on the right idea. You folks are close for this piece, and just like my breakfast, stick with the Bacon
  • Vondy
    77 posts Member
    Pu55yRiot wrote: »
    Apologies for the previous post - these are the correct blocks

FORAT EASED UEWHY FLYFA RBEAT THIST HATDB ENAYV ISION ARYID
    HAVEM YBEST HATON FITFA INTTH EBEST FEATO THERF OLDSS ADSTO
    PCHAN GINGK EEPFA RMING IMREA PINGT HEWAG ERSMY PLAYS
    WINRE ASONI SSIMP LEPAI REDAN DTRUE KNOWF ANSAN DJOKE ADDCL
    UEBUT GETTH ENODA CEFAI LNIGH ANDST EMHOP EROTA TEDNO HELPG ETPWD DUNCE

I tired using the 'Scoundrels 4 life' letters as a's and the remaining letters as b's but get gibberish. Need to work out which letters need to be converted to a's and b's

So I don't think it's a coincidence that @CG_SBCrumb liked this post...
  • sigsig
    232 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    lWoj4jW.jpg
    Confirmed
  • I really like the Shakespeare-Bacon cipher theory.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    I mean all the circles in arabesh?
    The correlation between the info on the tables and the letter circle that you can turn as a watch ?

All this was only leading to : scoundrel 4 life ?

Can we not use the table data’s to apply on the rotating thing and use the arabesh letters to create words and even sentences ?

I am just trying to understand where we stand.

Now we are focusing only on the text ?
  • Yes. We have to figure out which letters are A's and which are B's (at least that's what I get from his message)
  • I feel like there are a disproportionate number of Fs in the text...did anyone try using FISTO as the bacon cipher pwd?
  • Cmon guys, hurry up and figure this out, before I get impatient and stop being lazy and try to do it myself. That will just end up as an embarrassing waste of time :D
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Yes. We have to figure out which letters are A's and which are B's (at least that's what I get from his message)

Thank you
  • Germi wrote: »
    wxr2jme63cqs.png

What is written on the arrow / cursor ?

I mean, has this part of the puzzle already solved ?

In the Star Wars alphabet. It’s a backwards ‘r’ ‘a’ ‘t’ ‘e’. I think this has been known though, I saw people Talking about letters being backwards.
  • So, I'm not a math guy, but here's my attempt at breaking the problem down to a few possible routes of investigation. I've tried counting syllables and working out the particular meteric to the "poem", and came up with nothing. The number of syllables per line are: 17, 15, 15, 19, 13. All add, with two primes so they can't be easily divided into feet without making enough exceptions that it would be impossible to decipher. I also tried breaking up each line into accented/non-accented syllables (to translate into Bacon...mmm...), and came up with this:

4 ABAA (title)
    17 ABAAAAAAAABAAABAB
    15 AABAABAABAAABAA
    15 AABAABAABBABAAA
    19 ABBABABABABABABABAA
    13 AABAAABBAABAA

With or without the title, it doesn't seem to be divisible by 5 unless you just go vertically and then drop off all the terminal bits, which seems like a stretch. That would be:
    AAAAA BAABA ABBBB AAAAA AAABA ABBAA AAABB AAAAB ABBBA AABAA BAABB AABAA ABABA AAAA BAAB AA BB A A (dropping all groups of less that 4, that translates to A T Q A C N D B P E U E L). Doesn't seem particularly useful. However, if you just count the letters/punctuations you get an even set of 5's:

Forat eased ue,wh yflyf ar?Be atthi s?Tha t’dbe nayvi siona ryI’d havem ybest haton fitfa int.T hebes tfeat other folds sad.S topch angin g,kee pfarm ing.I ’mrea pingt hewag ers.M yplay swin. Reaso nissi mple, paire dandt rue.K nowfa nsand joke. Addcl uebut getth enod, aceFa ilnig hands temho pe.Ro tated .NoHe lp.Ge tPwd. Dunce
    55 sets of 5.

Without punctuation it ALSO is divisible by 5:
    Forat eased uewhy flyfa rBeat thisT hatdb enayv ision aryId havem ybest haton fitfa intTh ebest feato therf oldss adSto pchan gingk eepfa rming Imrea pingt hewag ersMy plays winRe asoni ssimp lepai redan dtrue Knowf ansan djoke Addcl uebut getth enoda ceFai lnigh andst emhop eRota tedNo HelpG etPwd Dunce
    51 sets of 5

Not sure if this helps or not, but hopefully someone smarter than me can make sense of these.
  • Hey, you know the letters on the dial are backwards.
    Maybe these letters can be taken for B. And rest for A?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Crumb what did you have for lunch
  • Can someone try this?
    Dyakoff wrote: »
    Hey, you know the letters on the dial are backwards.

• Just for fun. Get the nod, Ace!
    grzj3vl9t41e.gif
  • Dyakoff wrote: »
    Hey, you know the letters on the dial are backwards.

In the aurebesh font I've used, backwards just indicates an uppercase letter.
  • stein2119
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    What if you use the mirror theory on this?

NoYoder wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    wxr2jme63cqs.png

• Swami218 wrote: »
    Maybe consonants vs vowels?

Or odd # letters vs even # letters?

Subbing in for As and Bees for Bacon Cipher

Vowels vs consonants including Y
    • XFG???ZKKKXMXYQMT?QP?ZG?NZXP?YL?WX??O?QFZLW?QOLYZQY
    • VFG?Z?XJJJVLVWPLS?PO?XG?MXVOZWK?UV??N?PFXKU?PNKWXPW
    • L??FGEIYYYLWLKRWOERSCI?EUILSGKXEMLDETFR?IXMERTXKIRK
    • K?ZFGEIWWWKUKJQUNEQRCIZETIKRGJVELKDESFQ?IVLEQSVJIQJ

Vowels vs consonants excluding Y
    • XFH???ZMKOX?XYQMT?QP?ZG?NZXQ?YL?WX??O?QFZLW?QOLYZQY
    • VFH?Z?XLJNV?VWPLS?PO?XG?MXVP?WK?UV??N?PFXKU?PNKWXPW
    • L??BGEIWYTLELKRWOERSCI?EUILREKXEMLDETFR?IXMERTXKIRK
    • K?YBGEIUWSKEKJQUNEQRCIZETIKQEJVELKDESFQ?IVLEQSVJIQJ
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    I rabbit holed a little on the anagrams, since the lines are long enough they are bound to produce something star wars related, but each line does produce something that could be something:

1. Star Wars: Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil --- leaves Foeeueyfyathihtbia
    2. death star, battle of yavin, defense of base --- leaves hmsthtifitothd
    3. Star Wars: Infinities: A New Hope --- leaves chngigkpmgmreapgegMyplayn
    4. Star Wars Force Unleashed: Ultimate Edition --- leaves spepandeKnnandjokeddbugoac
    5. Figrin Dan and the modal nodes -- leaves hpettohelpgetpwuce

4 also can be "star wars knights of old republic dodonna", leaving "eismpeaduenanjkeAddeutenace" but I'd prefer to have star killer and it IS the 10 year anniversary of the Ultimate Sith Edition in November :smile:

FWIW, if you assume that you can blend lines, you could use up the remaining to make other related stuff, but after going through this exercise, I think this is probably just coincidence and the wrong path to decoding the message.
  • I think crumb has basically confirmed it's using the bacon cipher and isn't an anagram.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    Crumb what did you have for lunch

Lol I wondered if his lunch would give us a clue too.😂