New Clue!

Replies

  • BBaker wrote: »
    It's a pigpen cipher

    Just don't know what to do with it though lol

    I don't think so, since a pigpen cipher needs a geometric representation. Closest thing we have is the grid of parsecs/hr
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    DarthJarX2 wrote: »
    If it is a Bacon cipher, then the first line is decided into this:

    AABABABBBABAAAB AAAAA BAABBAABAAAAAAABAABAAABAA AAABBBABAAAABAA BABBAAABBBBBAAA AABABABABBBBAAA AABABAAAAABAAAB AAAABAABAAAAAAABAABB BAABBAABBBABAAABAABA BAABBAABBBAAAAABAABB AAABB AAAABAABAA ABBABAAAAABBAAA BABABABAAABAABAABAAAABBBAABBABAAAAABAAABBBAAA

    If you change it to binary, that might create our next clue, but I'm not so good with computers


    Not quite sure on that.

    FPS A UEATE DWE YH FM FAS BEAU UHIT UHAU D BE OA XITIPOAS

    Edit sorry... converts to

    FOR A TEASE DUE WHY FLY FAR BEAT THIS THAT D BE NAY VISIONARY
  • DarthJarX2 wrote: »
    BBaker wrote: »
    It's a pigpen cipher

    Just don't know what to do with it though lol

    I don't think so, since a pigpen cipher needs a geometric representation. Closest thing we have is the grid of parsecs/hr

    Yeah after reading more, best guess would be a Bacon Cipher that someone else commented about.
  • OK guys, I have something, thanks to the pig picture.

    What do you want for breakfast related to a pig? Bacon, of course.

    There's a conspiracy theory regarding verses by Shakespeare concealing the name of their real author, Francis Bacon. I don't remember the complete details, but a famous example is

    "Begun to tell me what I am but stopt,
    And left me to a bootlesse inquisition
    CONcluding, stay; not yet..."

    Not only this contains BACON but the letters of BACON in turn form a letter L.

    And what do we have here?

    For a tease due, why fly far? Beat this? That’d be nay visionary
    I’d have my best hat on fit faint. The best feat other folds sad.
    STOp changing, keep farming. I’m reaping the wagers. My plays win.

    FISTO. And also a letter L.

    Now it's a matter of finding more like this.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    https://mothereff.in/bacon

    FOR A TEASE DUE WHY FLY FAR BEAT THIS THAT D BE NAY VISIONARY

    Original quote: For a tease due, why fly far? Beat this? That’d be nay visionary
  • sigsig
    142 posts Member
    Gair wrote: »
    https://mothereff.in/bacon

    FOR A TEASE DUE WHY FLY FAR BEAT THIS THAT D BE NAY VISIONARY

    we must be missing something because this was all figured out 13 hours ago
  • DarthJarX2 wrote: »
    If it is a Bacon cipher, then the first line is decided into this:

    AABABABBBABAAAB AAAAA BAABBAABAAAAAAABAABAAABAA AAABBBABAAAABAA BABBAAABBBBBAAA AABABABABBBBAAA AABABAAAAABAAAB AAAABAABAAAAAAABAABB BAABBAABBBABAAABAABA BAABBAABBBAAAAABAABB AAABB AAAABAABAA ABBABAAAAABBAAA BABABABAAABAABAABAAAABBBAABBABAAAAABAAABBBAAA

    If you change it to binary, that might create our next clue, but I'm not so good with computers

    zciiahdhw111.jpeg


    SnakesOnAPlane
  • pbchillin
    12 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    As of right now what is the connection between all the text in the 'Get the nod, Ace' post and the parsecs table?

    We've filled in the blanks on the table, and used the parsec dial to get 'Scoundrels4Life' from one of the columns, right?

    Now we have the clue pigs for breakfast (most likely bacon).

    Maybe also in the initial text the phrase 'Reason is simple, paired and true.'. What is there that could be paired? Or is it just referring to the parsec dials perhaps.
  • Germi
    551 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    @KaseySpacey @Tsuo_Vook @Arkhelyi
    The holidays are over.
    Back to work bros !
    Love
  • Hey @CG_SBCrumb do you know when we can expect the road ahead.
  • I'm not sure what to make of it yet, but punctuation is very inconsistent (especially periods). Some phrases have them, others do not. Could the text be decrypted by overlaying an A/B mapping on the words, including punctuation in what's considered an A and what's considered a B?

    I'm on mobile only, so it's really hard to play around with any of this. And it'd only work if the total # of characters (maybe including punctuation, not sure about spaces) is a multiple of 5.

    The other guy who posted the As and **** actually encoded (not decoded) Crumb's message. I think it's already encoded.
  • I don't know if this was intended, but I searched the picture and the string of numbers that came up was 6025736. I searched that and what came up was a lot of links to Dev posts. Might be a unique address
  • Ok, total number of characters without spaces is 275. If we find a mapping to As and ****, we can decrypt to a 55 character phrase.

    qlwi0dzd1hux.png
  • Not sure why "B"s was censored...
  • A bacon cipher is just binary represented as As and ****. A Bacon cipher can be represented as two different typefaces, or anything else that points to two options, but I’m not sure what that is here. I thought maybe it’s related more to the meter of the poem? Is anyone good at analyzing meter?
  • Germi
    551 posts Member
    “Bacon's cipher or the Baconian cipher is a method of steganography (a method of hiding a secret message as opposed to just a cipher) devised by Francis Bacon in 1605.[1][2][3] A message is concealed in the presentation of text, rather than its content.“

    PRESENTATION RATHER THAN ITS CONTENT

    Sorry my brain doesn’t understand if it not in capital.
  • DarthJarX2 wrote: »
    I don't know if this was intended, but I searched the picture and the string of numbers that came up was 6025736. I searched that and what came up was a lot of links to Dev posts. Might be a unique address

    6025736 is a windows code for a shade of green called 'Malachite', which is also a type of green gemstone. Could malachite be of any relevance?
  • Continuing the Baconian acrostics theory, after Fisto could come Dathcha. Although I acknowledge that the Dathcha connection is quite dubious, I am confident in Fisto and in this being the right track. Sadly I have to leave now and cannot keep trying to crack this, this is super fun. Good luck!

    For A Tease due, why fly far? Beat this? That’d be nay visionary
    ID Have my best hat on fit faint. The best feat other folds sad.
    STOp CHAnging, keep farming. I’m reaping the wagers. My plays win.

  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Sounds to me like the bacon cipher is the base message and the keyword key for the substitution is scoundrels4life ... so who is good at substitution algorithms to use the keyword?
  • Maybe the breaks between words indicate switching between a and b
  • Germi
    551 posts Member
    Malachite - Malachor
  • 46 6f 72 20 61 20 74 65 61 73 65 20 64 75 65 2c 20 77 68 79 20 66 6c 79 20 66 61 72 3f 20 42 65 61 74 20 74 68 69 73 3f 20 54 68 61 74 2019 64 20 62 65 20 6e 61 79 20 76 69 73 69 6f 6e 61 72 79 0a 49 2019 64 20 68 61 76 65 20 6d 79 20 62 65 73 74 20 68 61 74 20 6f 6e 20 66 69 74 20 66 61 69 6e 74 2e 20 54 68 65 20 62 65 73 74 20 66 65 61 74 20 6f 74 68 65 72 20 66 6f 6c 64 73 20 73 61 64 2e 0a 53 74 6f 70 20 63 68 61 6e 67 69 6e 67 2c 20 6b 65 65 70 20 66 61 72 6d 69 6e 67 2e 20 49 2019 6d 20 72 65 61 70 69 6e 67 20 74 68 65 20 77 61 67 65 72 73 2e 20 4d 79 20 70 6c 61 79 73 20 77 69 6e 2e 0a 52 65 61 73 6f 6e 20 69 73 20 73 69 6d 70 6c 65 2c 20 70 61 69 72 65 64 20 61 6e 64 20 74 72 75 65 2e 20 4b 6e 6f 77 20 66 61 6e 73 20 61 6e 64 20 6a 6f 6b 65 2e 20 41 64 64 20 63 6c 75 65 20 62 75 74 20 67 65 74 20 74 68 65 20 6e 6f 64 2c 20 61 63 65 0a 46 61 69 6c 20 6e 69 67 68 20 61 6e 64 20 73 74 65 6d 20 68 6f 70 65 2e 20 52 6f 74 61 74 65 64 2e 20 4e 6f 20 48 65 6c 70 2e 20 47 65 74 20 50 77 64 2e 20 44 75 6e 63 65
    Converted to hex
  • Jabba is coming
  • Ciiidr wrote: »
    Ok, total number of characters without spaces is 275. If we find a mapping to As and ****, we can decrypt to a 55 character phrase.

    qlwi0dzd1hux.png

    Does the character count include periods?
  • Mangevem
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Searching for malachite on wookiepeedia gives talk about a cloaking device for imperial tie fighters..

    But in apperances , it gives a link to the roleplaying game :

    Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters

    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galaxy_Guide_6:_Tramp_Freighters

    And behold image on the cover..
    0gz8n8u9rtd2.jpeg
  • Ciiidr wrote: »
    Ok, total number of characters without spaces is 275. If we find a mapping to As and ****, we can decrypt to a 55 character phrase.

    qlwi0dzd1hux.png

    Does the character count include periods?

    Yes. And question marks, apostrophes, etc. Just not spaces
  • IcySea
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Has someone finally cracked the mysterious Voynich manuscript? Maybe he/she/lt can solve the puzzle ...

    PS One of the possible authors of the Voynich manuscript is Roger Bacon.
    Post edited by IcySea on
  • Darth Bane and Darth Zannah. Rule of two.
  • Mangevem wrote: »
    Searching for malachite on wookiepeedia gives talk about a cloaking device for imperial tie fighters..

    But in apperances , it gives a link to the roleplaying game :

    Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters

    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galaxy_Guide_6:_Tramp_Freighters

    And behold image on the cover..
    0gz8n8u9rtd2.jpeg

    No surprise there. We pretty much knew OT Falcon was coming.
Sign In or Register to comment.