Yoda: Comments & Questions (Merged Threads)

Replies

• Options
    Even better: previous "completionists" get to start it from round 1, just without any new shards avail.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Unless Vader keeps showing up in my shart shop I should have Lumi QGJ JC Ahsoka Koth at 6* and gear 8 to send that foul beast into the abyss.

And am I the only one who noticed before the Yoda update EA Jesse said there would be all kinds of new events similar in structure to the Yoda event...and now that a month has passed they have given us exactly nothing but a datamined scoundrel even 90% of us won't do because we dont have more than a couple scoundrels?
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    Well for some of us I think the 7* challenge will take a little more then 5 minutes
  • Options
    I have the following what should I use to go for my Yods 6* in all of your thoughts? I'd love for it to only take 5 minutes

JC - Gear Level VIII - Level 70 - Max*
    Lumi - Gear Level VII - Level 70 - Max*
    Barriss - Gear Level VIII - Level 70 - 6*
    Qui - Gear Level VIII - Level 70 - 6*
    Kit - Gear Level VIII - Level 70 - 6*
    Ashoka - Gear Level VIII - Level 70 - 6*
    JGC - Gear Level VIII - Level 70 - 6*

All have level 5 or above in Attacks and Abilities

So I have a few to choose from and trying to figure out which 5 to go with while continuing to upgrade for next round for 7* try
  • Options
    I'm on a mad dash to 7* Yoda this time around. Wont be boring for me....but may be depressing or frustrating.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    TriCoast wrote: »
    I have the following what should I use to go for my Yods 6* in all of your thoughts? I'd love for it to only take 5 minutes

So I have a few to choose from and trying to figure out which 5 to go with while continuing to upgrade for next round for 7* try

Lumi JC Barriss QGJ and either Ahsoka or Kit.
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    TriCoast wrote: »

Lumi JC Barriss QGJ and either Ahsoka or Kit.

+1 That's my plan .. With Ahsoka
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    What level do your Jedi need to get by 6* Yoda challenge?
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Zeu
    95 posts Member
    Options

If the event requires seethe uch a big commitment and resources i think they should make the encounter beatable but any 5 jedi combination.
    Myself , I'm going in with a decent team, Barriss, QGJ, Luminara, JC and Asoka. I think i have a decent shot at getting 7* yoda.

But other people are going in with less powerful jedi. If the event is not beatable with any certain combination then it shouldn't require 5 max out jedi but instead it should require a specific team.

I feel for the people who leveled Eeth for example , putting all their resources into that toon, only to find out he is too weak to help in that fight.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Extra-special is how many people advocate against using Anakin for the event, when Anakin was the 4* in the pack they sold before the event started in Feb. (I am hoping this isn't in fact the case.)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Any 5 Jedi can beat the challenge. Certain groups just make it easier. I will try to prove it can be beaten this week with Lumi, Eeth Koth, Ashoka, JC and Mace. Wish me lots of luck lol.
  • Zeu
    95 posts Member
    Options
    Oh man, that would be awesome if you get it.

My point was, it is already a huuuuge challenge to get 7 jedi maxed out.. why make it twice as hard on the fight too?
    Don't get me wrong, i don't want them too hand out a 7* yoda to everyone who grinds 5 jedi, but i would like to know it is doable with any combination, even if is hard.

• Options
    So, just theory-crafting: Koth, Plo, Guardian, Windu and Gun Di could beat him? Yeah, no healers
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Extra-special is how many people advocate against using Anakin for the event, when Anakin was the 4* in the pack they sold before the event started in Feb. (I am hoping this isn't in fact the case.)

Cause everyone has a 70lvl 7* Anakin in the roster. I'm not going to spend a big amount of money just to get a virtual toon in order to get another virtual toon. Especially when they throw it in your face during the yoda event, because they know that the farmable jedi like Ahsoka and Eeth are useless for the yoda challenge.
  • KitsuAeryn
    201 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Anakin has been much better thus far than I expected him to be. I started starring him up specifically for the yoda challenge and haven't been disappointed thus far. He's quick and hits decently hard, especially if he isn't the first to die.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Zeu wrote: »
    If the event requires seethe uch a big commitment and resources i think they should make the encounter beatable but any 5 jedi combination.
    Myself , I'm going in with a decent team, Barriss, QGJ, Luminara, JC and Asoka. I think i have a decent shot at getting 7* yoda.

But other people are going in with less powerful jedi. If the event is not beatable with any certain combination then it shouldn't require 5 max out jedi but instead it should require a specific team.

I feel for the people who leveled Eeth for example , putting all their resources into that toon, only to find out he is too weak to help in that fight.

I only leveled JKG for this event and she was essentially useless. I have not used her since and she sits on my bench.
  • Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

Cause everyone has a 70lvl 7* Anakin in the roster. I'm not going to spend a big amount of money just to get a virtual toon in order to get another virtual toon. Especially when they throw it in your face during the yoda event, because they know that the farmable jedi like Ahsoka and Eeth are useless for the yoda challenge.

Hope not, cuase my team of six stars is: Lumi (L, only seven stars of them), Consular, Mace, Eeth and Ahsoka.

I know that due to debuffs from Mace its gonna be tough though, but I hope that far from impossible... It has been a long farming month...
  • Options
    You MUST have healers in your team so the statement is false.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Im going with:

7☆ Luminara
    6☆ QGJ
    5☆ Mace
    5☆ JC
    5☆ Barris

Hopefully this will be good enough at 7☆ as well.
  • Lamb
    300 posts Member
    Options
    This game is littered with bugs to which get fixed fairly fast. But, what if this event doesn't save your progress. What if indeed you start again at the beginning. Wouldn't that be a hilarious troll for all those panicking to get 5 7* Jedi's?
  • Dtm316
    10 posts Member
    Options
    I'd actually prefer that and it wouldn't troll the players that were panicking to get the 5 7* jedi's as they've already got their rewards so it would be better for them if they were able to play from the beginning and get more credits and crystals. I only managed the 6* yoda last time as I was 2 jedi short, I have the 2 that I needed now and I'd love to start from the beginning it only took 10 mins anyway.
    If the event starts and you lose your already levelled up and trained yoda then I'd be **** :smile:
  • Options
    Lamb wrote: »
    This game is littered with bugs to which get fixed fairly fast. But, what if this event doesn't save your progress. What if indeed you start again at the beginning. Wouldn't that be a hilarious troll for all those panicking to get 5 7* Jedi's?

If this happens they get another 330 shards for the shard shop as well. Sounds like a good deal.
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options

If this happens they get another 330 shards for the shard shop as well. Sounds like a good deal.

Plus an extra 50 Crystals per round. Here's to hoping the event failed to save progress!
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Plus an extra 50 Crystals per round. Here's to hoping the event failed to save progress!

+1 to that.
  • Options
    I would not be happy. I unlocked 5* yoda last time and will get 7* yoda this time. I put time, effort, and MONEY into making sure I would be ready for this time. If I find out that not only I did that for nothing, but also that everyone and their mother will have yoda as well, whats the point of playing anymore? I worked hard at this game to be in the tier of players that obtained 7* yoda. I did this to have an advantage in pvp and because its fun to have a character that not everyone has. It would really stink if both of these motives became false.
  • Options
    Zakhary wrote: »
    I would not be happy. I unlocked 5* yoda last time and will get 7* yoda this time. I put time, effort, and MONEY into making sure I would be ready for this time. If I find out that not only I did that for nothing, but also that everyone and their mother will have yoda as well, whats the point of playing anymore? I worked hard at this game to be in the tier of players that obtained 7* yoda. I did this to have an advantage in pvp and because its fun to have a character that not everyone has. It would really stink if both of these motives became false.

You worked hard? Did you break a sweat tapping the screen? :p We all have to admit, there is no real pvp. You play vs AI. I see this more as a collecting game, there is no social interaction and all you can do is expand your roster and level your heroes.
  • Options
    Nice.... curious to see how anyone beats this lineup. First move in one shotted my QGJ power 5629....
    Running QGJ, Lumi, Kit, Aayla and JC all level 70 all 7 star all max or near max gear and I never got Yoda to yellow health.
  • Options
    VikingSith wrote: »
    Nice.... curious to see how anyone beats this lineup. First move in one shotted my QGJ power 5629....
    Running QGJ, Lumi, Kit, Aayla and JC all level 70 all 7 star all max or near max gear and I never got Yoda to yellow health.

I ran that team and beat the challenge in about 30:00, you can do it! :)
    Good luck!

• Wetwurx
    193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Just got my 6 th Yoda star with first attempt.

Lum, Mace, QGJ, Koth, JC

Couple more days to finish Mace and QJG 7th star and hopefully will finish Yoda.

BTW - Koth stun worked on Yoda at least for this level. We'll see about the next.
  • Options
    Why does it say 1st time when you can only do it once...that wording is incredibly misleading and really should be changed. Stating that you get the shards only for the 1st win made me think that you could get the shards each time the event came around which is not the case.