Yoda: Comments & Questions (Merged Threads)

Replies

• Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    It is actually hard to get 7* Yoda.

Maybe my team is weak though, QGJ led Ahsoka, Koth, Lumi and JC.

You need to keep QGJ off of lead and put Lumni there desperately.

The event wasn't hard for me and I had Koth, even

I am up to 6 tries at 6* level with Lumi as leader and I still haven't had any of my guys evade once.

Ouch.. I heard evade worked and it was even nicer with Ahsoka on your team

I'm debating on just calling it now with my guys for this cycle and burning my way through to a 7* Barriss for next month to do levels 6/7. Sucks that I spent all that time into Mace maxing his skills, gear and getting him to 6* just to start all over with a new Jedi. I would do Ahsoka, but that is such a long grind with cantina shipments.
  • Options
    The Gods heard winning. Switched back to QGJ as lead. Somehow got a lucky Humbling Blow to hit to give me offense up. Then Eeth somehow got a stun off and I was able to do some damage without taking much and beat level 6. Odd times.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    The Gods heard winning. Switched back to QGJ as lead. Somehow got a lucky Humbling Blow to hit to give me offense up. Then Eeth somehow got a stun off and I was able to do some damage without taking much and beat level 6. Odd times.

Congrats! You going for 7*?
  • Options
    I just beat the 6* & 7* Yoda event with Barriss (L), QGJ, JC, Lumi and Ahsoka. Not sure if they changed anything since the last event but I found it very easy. Beat it on my first attempt and didn't lose a single toon. Good luck to anybody else going for this today!
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    CPMP wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Extra-special is how many people advocate against using Anakin for the event, when Anakin was the 4* in the pack they sold before the event started in Feb. (I am hoping this isn't in fact the case.)

Cause everyone has a 70lvl 7* Anakin in the roster. I'm not going to spend a big amount of money just to get a virtual toon in order to get another virtual toon. Especially when they throw it in your face during the yoda event, because they know that the farmable jedi like Ahsoka and Eeth are useless for the yoda challenge.

Hope not, cuase my team of six stars is: Lumi (L, only seven stars of them), Consular, Mace, Eeth and Ahsoka.

I know that due to debuffs from Mace its gonna be tough though, but I hope that far from impossible... It has been a long farming month...

This is my team and the 6* challenge is a joke. I have tried a dozen times already, and only once got Yoda to yellow health. For every turn a single toon gets, he gets 3. Crazy.

I autoed level 6.. :neutral:

Same. I just wish there was a sim button. So F'in boring....
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Beat 7* yoda with Barriss (l), JC, Lumi, QGJ and Aayla. I even got a stun on yoda OMG
  • Options

Congrats! You going for 7*?

I don't feel like sinking the 1mil into my Mace to have all my 7*s to fail at it if I had to flail that hard for 6*. I'll just wait until next month after I grind out Barriss. I don't foresee using Yoda enough now to need him at 7* right now. I may try later in the week after I quit being so **** at what I went through on 6* haha. We'll see.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CPMP wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Extra-special is how many people advocate against using Anakin for the event, when Anakin was the 4* in the pack they sold before the event started in Feb. (I am hoping this isn't in fact the case.)

Cause everyone has a 70lvl 7* Anakin in the roster. I'm not going to spend a big amount of money just to get a virtual toon in order to get another virtual toon. Especially when they throw it in your face during the yoda event, because they know that the farmable jedi like Ahsoka and Eeth are useless for the yoda challenge.

Hope not, cuase my team of six stars is: Lumi (L, only seven stars of them), Consular, Mace, Eeth and Ahsoka.

I know that due to debuffs from Mace its gonna be tough though, but I hope that far from impossible... It has been a long farming month...

This is my team and the 6* challenge is a joke. I have tried a dozen times already, and only once got Yoda to yellow health. For every turn a single toon gets, he gets 3. Crazy.

I autoed level 6.. :neutral:

Same. I just wish there was a sim button. So F'in boring....

Well I'm not going to complain. I just got a 7* premium character who is already playable and will be maxed this weekend.

If the devs make it too hard people complain and vice versa.

They also have us credits and crystals. Very very cool and f2p friendly.

I would LOVE to be able to play it once a month for credits and mats even if modest rewards
  • Options
    I just got 6* Yoda with the following:

7* Lumi (L)
    6* Mace
    7* Eeth Koth
    6* JC
    6* Ashoka

Took about 5 tries. Ashoka and Eeth Koth Abilities are still pretty low level. Next week I go for 7* hopefully gonna be rough.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    I just unlocked him!! Levelled him up to 66, got his gear to purple and all his skills to level 6, with his leader at level 5.
    Used him in the arena with my Jedi team and he did well! :) I love Yoda!
  • Options
    There are probably zillions of Yoda posts, but honestly Im lazy to search. Can I beat the Yoda 7* challenge with QGJ, Lumi, JC, Koth and Mace (all fully geared and starred and leveled)? If I can, Id appreciate hints. Thanks

Yesss
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Any chance I can beat 7* Yoda without Barriss? I have Lumi, QGJ, Eeth, Mace, JC. Been switching back and forth between Lumi and QGJ as leader. All gear 8 just missing the items you need 50 of.

I got him down to 2/3 but that's as close as I have gotten in the past hour. Don't get me wrong I like that the event is hard and it should not be a cake walk but do I even have a chance?

Anyone beat him with this combo?
  • HanSkywalker
    156 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Is Yoda supposed to be this difficult to beat? I'm on 6* Yoda and my guys are getting crushed. Yoda goes on a rampage so hard that my phone screen dimmed (if you know what I mean). As if the developers thought he wasn't tough enough, throws in 2 jedi temple guards to help Yoda with the ****. I don't see a way go beat him... Help me please..

My line up is:
    Qui Gon Jin - lvl.65/6*, lvl.8 gear, lvl.6 skills
    Mace Windu - lvl.65/6*, lvl.8 gear, lvl.6 skills
    Luminari Unduli - lvl.65/7*, lvl.8 gears, lvl.6 skills
    Eeth Koth - lvl.65/7*, lvl.8 gears, lvl.6 skills
    Jedi Consular - lvl.65/7*, lvl.8 gears, lvl.6 skills
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Need max level im trying with exact same team not even a chance!
  • Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    Options
    7* fight is as big a joke as I had heard. I've gotten him to about 75% one so far. Not sure why Yoda gets ten attacks per round, but looks like it's gonna be a 'wait for a perfect seed' fight. Not fun at all to hurt my character progression in many other ways to field a maxed out 7* team and have them get blown away. I will defeat it, but c'mon, seriously? Who programmed this fight? A sadist? How many tries will it take me? 100? 300? I might as well go to the horse track and bet on the goat.
  • Options
    Just beat it after an hour of trying. The Barriss trick worked for me to help take Yoda's health down. Here was my team:

Barriss Leader, Lumi, QGJ, Eeth, and JC. All maxed out in gear and abilities except for JC.

Went up against Barriss and Kit. Took out Kit first, then got Barriss down to almost no health, which took down Yoda to about half after her heal. Then worked on Yoda. Once he gets down to the red, he gets **** off and goes on a consecutive attack streak.

Almost got lucky a few times with Lumi lead

You have to keep at it and get lucky. Also need to time your heals right. Used Lumi first as the bonus heal will come in to play. 1
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    fu0P1dp.jpeg
    ZAzsRlW.jpeg
    W5Yo0nv.jpeg

The Barris trick definitely works. Got him on my third attempt. I got lucky. :-)

Post edited by Mc1 on
  • Options
    ok so I feel like I have made some pretty decent strides with my team I have unlocked 5* yoda and I am working on the 6 star I will update you with my current jedi roster and if anyone can share their opinion on my line up i would appreciate it!!!

6* lvl 64 Q-G J power 4218
    6* lvl 65 Lum power 4822
    6* lvl 64 Kit Fisto power 4249
    7* lvl 64 Jedi Consular power 4568
    6* lvl 64 Ahsoka power 4023
    6* lvl 64 Mace power 4209

• Brownie
    298 posts Member
    Options
    Is Yoda supposed to be this difficult to beat? I'm on 6* Yoda and my guys are getting crushed. Yoda goes on a rampage so hard that my phone screen dimmed (if you know what I mean). As if the developers thought he wasn't tough enough, throws in 2 jedi temple guards to help Yoda with the ****. I don't see a way go beat him... Help me please..

My lineup is:
    Qui Gon Jin - lvl.65/6*, lvl.8 gear, lvl.6 skills
    Mace Windu - lvl.65/6*, lvl.8 gear, lvl.6 skills
    Luminari Unduli - lvl.65/7*, lvl.8 gears, lvl.6 skills
    Eeth Koth - lvl.65/7*, lvl.8 gears, lvl.6 skills
    Jedi Consular - lvl.65/7*, lvl.8 gears, lvl.6 skills

I just beat this with nearly the exact same team in my first try. Kill the guards. Dont use specials on Yoda and heal every chance you get and you will be fine.

My team was level 70 all level 8/9 gear. QGJ and JC are 6* rest are 7*
  • Dtm316
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Managed 6* yoda last time with lumi, qgj, koth, jc and ashoka, since then I farmed koth and Ashoka and levelled them up to 7*, however yoda in the 7* battle is an absolute joke, just total disregard for the turn meter, he's constantly getting 2-3 turns for my one and by then he's hit a special and has an evade. Just don't know how I can get past this :smile:
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I finished 7* with Lumi lead, QGJ, Mace, Eeth and JC. it took about 25/30 attempt. I used the barriss strategy and she ended up equalizing twice. Plo Koon was the other Jedi.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    How to beat Yoda when he hits 5 times in a row??? Seems that devs made their job...
  • Options
    *7 yoda about 25 tries

Bariss L
    lumi
    qgj
    ek
    jc

enemirs were jc and ayala

killed jc , then yoda then ayala

cheers
  • Options
    Just some things to note. Whenever he or anyone else resists they all gain turn meter. When ever Yoda kills someone he gets full turn meter.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Just non sense its basically unbeatable I got close once with 5 guys still green yoda was red kills all 5!
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    @RAYRAY thanks for letting me know there is hope! I have the same team comp but have been getting crushed. I really was starting to think it was not possible.
  • Options
    its ridiculous for sure, but it is beatable eventually, what team are you using again?
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    QGJ,Lumi,Koth,JC,Mace
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Like what should I do hit barris this is so lame!
  • Options
    I had the same problem with tier 5 during the last event. I ended up winning with Qui-Gon, Jedi Consular, Luminara, Jedi Knight Guard, and Kit. I used Qui-Gon as my leader. They were all just barely 5*s when I started and by the end of the event with a few hours to spare I was able to at least unlock him and had also been able to up 3 of my characters to 6*. Focus on daily challenges and farming in the Squad and regular battles to gear them up and if you can work on their attack abilities. I know it's incredibly frustrating but you can definitely get there. It just takes patience. If it makes you feel any better, I highly doubt I'll be able to beat tier 6 this go around.