Yoda: Comments & Questions (Merged Threads)

Replies

• Options
    Bizarre. I tried 100's of times last round with Lumi, Kit, JC, QG, and Asokha or Aayla on round 7, all max gear.

Since then, i 7'd and maxed Barriss.

I won first round against JC and Ima Gun Di with him.
    Barriss as leader instead of Lumi.

Did they make it easier?
    Part of it is Lumi--she causes Yoda to attack for missed statuses, I only healed once with each of my guys.
    And Yodays base attack seemed to only be 3500 instead of 6000 most of the time. Only 1 12k.

Or did I just get lucky?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yoda 7* is pretty much unattainable to the common player. I have only 5 7* Jedi almost all max gear and I can't come close.

Lum
    JC
    Mace
    Koth
    QGJ

EA is laughing all the way to the bank with this game.

This is false. As stated, I beat him with this team. After about 25/30 attempts (including retreats when I was facing two tough Jedi with Yoda).
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • NessusChiron74
    99 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Just got my 7* with the same team. Against mw and plo koon. I took out mw first then Yoda. I tried the bariss strategy but couldn't do it. Grats on your win Ray Ray
  • Options
    Why does yoda get so many frickin attacks I might actually be able to beat him if he actually seemed to adhere to the turn meter system it's supposed to be about strategy not how many times can I get lucky and dodge an attack or have yoda target separate toons for his 2-3 attacks
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Yoda 7* is pretty much unattainable to the common player. I have only 5 7* Jedi almost all max gear and I can't come close.

Lum
    JC
    Mace
    Koth
    QGJ

This is false. As stated, I beat him with this team. After about 25/30 attempts (including retreats when I was facing two tough Jedi with Yoda).

Lumi as leader? I have this team and get destroyed every time. Lucky if I take down one of the help....
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK THIS IS SO D*MB Are your abilities maxed what am I missing here?
  • EricK
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Artas wrote: »
    Please help. What strategy is to be used here to beat 7 star Yoda? My team is Luminara, QGJ, Mace Windu, JC, Ahsoka, all at lvl 70, max gear...

For me I focus down to Yoda first, once I taken him down then I cleared the 2 guards.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/9VTk3
  • Nitric
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Unlocking him is easy but starring him should at least provide "some" challenge. I won't know til next month when I hopefully go from 5 to 7
  • Options
    Kurgen wrote: »

Lum
    JC
    Mace
    Koth
    QGJ

Lumi as leader? I have this team and get destroyed every time. Lucky if I take down one of the help....

I did it against mace windu and plo koon. Lumi lead. Took down Mace first then yoda then plo koon.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Kurgen wrote: »

Lum
    JC
    Mace
    Koth
    QGJ

Yes, Lumi as leader. It takes some serious RNG help. I faced Plo Koon and Barriss. Burned down Plo and then got Barriss to red, She equalized. Got her to red again, worked on Yoda, then she equalized again. I had several resists and deflections that kept my team alive (except Eeth died before barriss' first equalize.) Well timed heals helped too.
  • Options
    So I know he is supposed to be hard, but why is he able to go 10 times in a row?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    So I know he is supposed to be hard, but why is he able to go 10 times in a row?

Resists and killing your team give him turn meter. Don't uses specials on him and hope for lucky resists and deflections.
  • Options
    I am on the 7* Yoda, in it he is going 10 times I a row that's with Q as the leader. I am having the same question as you are.
  • Options
    I don't mind a challenge but after an hour of failing I'm very frustrated ... Oh well just a game might sit back have a beer and look at other options for my squad
  • Options
    @RAYRAY thanks, I will try that.
  • Options
    @Thechosenone someone on another post just made a comment not to use specials on him. Basic attacks only as resists give him 100% turn meter.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    MUST BE NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I heard the trick is to wait until his ally is Barris.

Bring her down to red health, then she does the healing equalizer and Yoda loses half his health.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    MUST BE NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you even play - or just come in here to yell?? ;)

Relax. Breathe. It's a game.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I was aware about not using specials on him but even without that at the start of the fight he acts twice before any of my characters get to do anything and as the fight continues so does yodas bizarre bending of the rules
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Baldo wrote: »
    MUST BE NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you even play - or just come in here to yell?? ;)

Relax. Breathe. It's a game.

Clearly I play and who's yelling? This is just ****!
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    How you guys are able to take out guards firstly if Yoda hits like 3-5 times in a row??? I am missing something here...
  • Options
    I heard the trick is to wait until his ally is Barris.

Bring her down to red health, then she does the healing equalizer and Yoda loses half his health.

That worked for me.
  • Options
    It's looking like Barris is the key
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Nope. Several people have posted non-Barris teams that got 7* Yoda.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I think taking on a team with her is more effective seem to be getting further this way!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Apparently Barriss makes the 7* fight much easier, but she isn't the only way to win. Unless you are talking about FACING Barriss, then again, using that strategy works well but isn't the ONLY way to win.
  • Options
    I keep getting my can kicked in....
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Yes! Just got him! Anakin with a clutch win!!!!!! 5th attempt! Mad, just mad.
  • Options
    I finally got the 6* Yoda. Took about 5 tries. I use a weird team of Jedi but it is possible. I am wondering if that if the level cap goes up to level 80 if the event will become easier. I mean you get higher abilities and gear as well as overall power at higher levels.

For those wondering I use the following team:
    Luminara Unduli - 7 Stars, Purple Gear
    Eeth Koth - 7 Stars, Purple Gear
    Jedi Knight Guardian - 6 Stars, Purple Gear
    Jedi Consular - 6 Stars, Purple Gear
    Mace Windu - 6 Stars, Purple Gear

That has been my team. Ahsoka Tano became too hard to farm for shards when I have been focusing on Jedi Knight Guardian. Plus my three 6* Jedi will be up to 7* in a couple of weeks and ready for Yoda the next time.