Yoda: Comments & Questions (Merged Threads)

Replies

• Options
    Finally got my Yoda. Won't be a while till the next upgrade, though. Accidentally worked on Qui-Gon's gear all before the event, just to remember I only have him at rank 4. :D
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    This is a million times harder
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    its ridiculous for sure, but it is beatable eventually, what team are you using again?

Many have stated that the bolded doesn't matter too much. As long as you have 2 healers and all 5 are fully geared and leveled, it just comes down to RNG.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Serya wrote: »
    @RAYRAY thanks for letting me know there is hope! I have the same team comp but have been getting crushed. I really was starting to think it was not possible.

Out of the 25/30 attempts on him before I beat him, I killed yoda 1 time, but his helpers were at full health and I only had Lumi left. The last time I got a LOT of luck with resists and deflections, particularly QGJ, I don't think QGJ took a hit from Yoda. Not to mention the 3 or 4 times Mace evaded when he was in the red. With good strategy (See barriss strategy) it is doable. Trust me, I didn't think it was either until it happened.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Hey congrats to all the people that got him! :)
  • Options
    He just had 9 consecutive attacks. I'm about to throw my phone...
  • Options
    TriCoast wrote: »
    I have the following what should I use to go for my Yods 6* in all of your thoughts? I'd love for it to only take 5 minutes

JC - Gear Level VIII - Level 70 - Max*
    Lumi - Gear Level VII - Level 70 - Max*
    Barriss - Gear Level VIII - Level 70 - 6*
    Qui - Gear Level VIII - Level 70 - 6*
    Kit - Gear Level VIII - Level 70 - 6*
    Ashoka - Gear Level VIII - Level 70 - 6*
    JGC - Gear Level VIII - Level 70 - 6*

All have level 5 or above in Attacks and Abilities

So I have a few to choose from and trying to figure out which 5 to go with while continuing to upgrade for next round for 7* try

I just finished. It took about 10 tries with the following team:

Lumi-Maxed
    JC-Maxed
    QJ-65/6*/VIII
    MW-65/7*/VII
    AT-63/6*/VII

I tried QJ, MW, and Lumi as the leader. QJ and MW did not result in wins.

Lumi's evasion was critical to keeping her alive until the end and AT alive longer. In the end, Lumi was all that was left immediately after Yoda went down. Lumi still finished it.

Heal early. Yoda can do a suprising amount of damage, especially if he gets successive turns.

If Yoda drops QJ, JC or Lumi too quickly. Restart, you are done.

Each of these characters did a fair amount of damage.

Non factors were dispel, expose, and ability block. They were consistently resisted or didn't happen.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    QGJ,Lumi,Koth,JC,Mace

I have heard several ppl say either Barris or Ashoka are pretty important to have along with Lumi/JC. Mace and Eeth are pretty weak....
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

im not sure where your thread went...

dont waste your time with the barris "trick", that only keeps yoda alive longer

here are my suggestions
    1) use Mace as leader for damage boost and his expose
    2) use only basic attacks 99% of the time so yoda cant turn your attacks against you
    3) go straight for yoda
    4) if he has any healers on his team reset, try and have it so he has plo koon, kit, or ima as allies
    5) your weakest link is Eeth I think, replace him if you can
    6) make sure the basic attacks are levelled as high as possible, same with gears

other than that its all just RNG, it literally takes like 50-100 tries until you get lucky with RNG, those few lucky dodges or whatever can save you, I know its infuriating but keep at it, I was ready to throw my phone through the wall
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

here are my suggestions
    2) use only basic attacks 99% of the time so yoda cant turn your attacks against you
    3) go straight for yoda
    4) if he has any healers on his team reset, try and have it so he has plo koon, kit, or ima as allies
    6) make sure the basic attacks are levelled as high as possible, same with gears

other than that its all just RNG, it literally takes like 50-100 tries until you get lucky with RNG, those few lucky dodges or whatever can save you, I know its infuriating but keep at it, I was ready to throw my phone through the wall

Ok silver I will try thank you!
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My team is Luminara (leader), QGJ, Mace Windu, JC, Ahsoka, all at lvl 70, all are 7 stars, gear are almost maxed up. No chances. Yoda hits 5 times in a row. My team was defeated 10 times or more. What to do here?
  • Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    Options
    I just got my lucky seed on the 7*, 25th try. Qui Gon lead, Barriss, Lumi, JC, Mace. Up against Plo Koon, Jedi Guardian. I ignored Plo and JG, went straight for Yoda. Lumi healed me first round, Barriss second, JC third. Got lucky hits and dodges, exposed him with Mace when he was at 40%. He killed my JC and my Barriss next round and a QGJ assist finished him off. Then my Lumi heal was back up the next round, so Plo and JG weren't a problem. Just luck.
  • Options
    I got 5* Yoda today and instantly Lv maxed him and got him to gear 7! I will be able to get him 6* Monday once I finish eeth koth shards.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    Trying to get 6* Yoda with the following squad:

7* Qui-Gon (Leader)
    7* JC
    7* Luminara
    7* Kit Fisto
    6* Ahsoka

Killed both Jedi Temple Guards and got Yoda down into yellow health. I then watched him take 8 turns in a row and destroy my group! Seriously?!?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Many have said that if you wait for Yoda's tenacity boost to drop, Eeth can stun Yoda. Many prefer Lumi in the lead as she provides Evasion for everyone. Making Yoda miss occasionally, with all those attacks, is quite helpful.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    nicely done Mr.Eel, yeah Mace is VIP in the yoda event I think, when he exposes yoda its really noticeable how much more damage yoda will take

Ok silver I will try thank you!

good luck, let us know how it goes!! and as always may the force be with you
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Artas wrote: »
    My team is Luminara (leader), QGJ, Mace Windu, JC, Ahsoka, all at lvl 70, all are 7 stars, gear are almost maxed up. No chances. Yoda hits 5 times in a row. My team was defeated 10 times or more. What to do here?

You are goign to have to try 100's of times with that lineup. Without Barris, you need to rely on Lumi's dodges and get super lucky. Rely on Mace not getting resisted. It's going to be very rough. So many times I got hit for 11k on yodas attack, and without Barriss my people would have died.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

here are my suggestions
    3) go straight for yoda

Well, there are many ways to beat Yoda and without having Barriss yourself, the "Barriss Trick" may be the only way. I beat Yoda with Baldo's team (although all leveled to 70 and maxed out basics and heals). The Barriss trick and a lot of lucky resists did it.
  • Options
    If you look at the details of the event, it says "Tier VII (7-Star Jedi or Higher) (NORMAL)." Does anybody know if there is a hard mode coming or something?
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    But it is said that you must have 5 jedis in order to fight Yoda and claim him. Was it mentioned you must have Bariss and without her this mission is impossible???
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Many have said that if you wait for Yoda's tenacity boost to drop, Eeth can stun Yoda. Many prefer Lumi in the lead as she provides Evasion for everyone. Making Yoda miss occasionally, with all those attacks, is quite helpful.

I actually even had my Aayla stun yoda one time. Lumi at lead could work if you got really luck with dodges, but that relies too much on luck I think, what worked for me (and I tried QGJ lead, Lumi lead and Mace lead, QGJ lead is useless though as speed is nothing in the yoda fight, hes gonna attack all the time regardless) was taking yoda out as fast as possible which is why I went with Mace lead, every second less hes on the battlefield is a second less he'll spend decimating your team, having offense up on every basic attacks means a lot less attacks to kill yoda and thats what its all about. Again lots of different methods have worked for people, im just saying what worked for me in the end

• Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Well, there are many ways to beat Yoda and without having Barriss yourself, the "Barriss Trick" may be the only way. I beat Yoda with Baldo's team (although all leveled to 70 and maxed out basics and heals). The Barriss trick and a lot of lucky resists did it.

I didnt have Barriss on my team at all, and I beat him without the Barriss "trick"

I tried the Barriss trick many times but for me it was pointless, it kept yoda alive way too long attacking one of his helpers and then waiting for barriss to equalize, the whole time you are doing that yoda is unleashing death on your team

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Artas wrote: »
    But it is said that you must have 5 jedis in order to fight Yoda and claim him. Was it mentioned you must have Bariss and without her this mission is impossible???

Hard does not equal impossible.

32D3E0F2-658A-4FCF-B2F7-BF420F5D63F9_zpsxvzvuzxg.png
  • Options
    I got my 7* today with Lumi(lead), QGJ, Kit, Aayla, and JC. Went against Aayla and Plo, and got luck with some dodges. Having Barris would have made this much easier imo, but didn't get her farmed in time.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

I didnt have Barriss on my team at all, and I beat him without the Barriss "trick"

I tried the Barriss trick many times but for me it was pointless, it kept yoda alive way too long attacking one of his helpers and then waiting for barriss to equalize, the whole time you are doing that yoda is unleashing death on your team

Maybe I should rephrase, Beating 7* Yoda with Lumi, QGJ, Eeth, Mace and JC is VERY difficult unless you use the barriss strategy.
  • Options
    @Dark_Keith

Focus on Yoda first, the guards will ultimately do less damage than he does since he can use your attacks against you. I just finished the 6th tier by only focusing on Yoda until he was out, then the 2 guards dropped in 3 turns. If you have healers on your team you should be able to get back to almost full health once you've beaten Yoda.

• Options
    Yoda 7* is pretty much unattainable to the common player. I have only 5 7* Jedi almost all max gear and I can't come close.

Lum
    JC
    Mace
    Koth
    QGJ

EA is laughing all the way to the bank with this game.
  • EricK
    16 posts Member
    Options
    https://imgur.com/gallery/9VTk3

Got my 7* Yoda after 15mins

Squad: Barriss (L), Lumi, JC, QGJ & Eeth.

My QGJ was one shot killed by Yoda on the first 20 secs into battle, but managed to hold ground till the end with 4 Jedi. As a matter of fact Eeth Koth has been performing pretty well throughout the battle, proud of him.

• Options
    Just beat 7*. Used the Barris technique. Lumi (L), Qui gon, EK, Mace, JC.

And with the win I got enough Vader shards to make him 5*. Very happy!
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Please help. What strategy is to be used here to beat 7 star Yoda? My team is Luminara, QGJ, Mace Windu, JC, Ahsoka, all at lvl 70, max gear...