Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies


  • why break a character because of an infinite loop. This is exiting on the other raids and there has been no rework. This nfinite loop is not easy to obtain. it was enough to make traya a little more resistant to exposure to solve the problem. And why should we spend hours on this phase and repeat the same actions a hundred times? it's boring and a waste of time. Finn and C3po solved this problem.
    I'm fed up with your mistakes and your mismanagement of this game.
    DON'T NERF FINN.
  • What really strikes me is that the community is being punished for THEIR mistake. The developers didn’t find the loop themselves when they rolled out c3po, so now we get punished. Had they figured this about before c3po, they could have put a fix in place before this even started. So, because of their incompetence, we now have to completely change how we play the game with Finn.

    Let’s also call a spade a spade: The reason they changed Finn and not Traya is to make more money. Just like zombie, they didn’t like people using undergeared characters to win, whether it be the sith raid, tw, ga, or arena. Now, for Finn to be good, you not only have to gear him more, but you have to gear his supporting cast too, like Poe. If they had just given traya stacking tenacity or changed her in some other way they wouldn’t have made any money.
  • Give back my fu zeta. Now finn total usless . Even in ga he suck
  • first the „rework“ of acolyte ruined the foresight-breaking nightsisters.
    now the „rework“ of finn ruined the „untouchable“ resistance.

    changing a well working leader ability...

    not bad!!!

    before we rework the next hero we should think about an „update“ of the sith-raid!
  • Risz
    132 posts Member
    You just made my entire resistance team of 70K totally irrelevant.

    I upgraded it specifically for TW and GA, now it will just sit there being totally useless.

    And you refuse to refund the Zeta.

    How long are you gonna keep spitting to our faces CG ?
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    I mean I know CG hates us and wants the game to die, but seriously, just refund our Finn zeta, that's all you have to do, its a really simple task, you've done it twice before.

    Let us decide if we want to zeta him again. Or are you so sure that the zeta is terrible now that you are forcing us to keep it because you know noone will put it back on?

    Or is it because it helps us get ready to move onto the next meta, and we can't have that? We not allowed anything in this game at all that actually benefits us, right?

    Double Marque Prices, Finn nerf, all these right before the weekend posts.
  • Darknesswon
    614 posts Member
    edited February 16
    What will they do now, that there is a new video out , where cls lead with a weak 3p0 can solo p3.
    Will they nerf cls or 3p0 hmm

    Not good cg , your raid is atrocious let it die, stop messing with our toons.
    Post edited by Darknesswon on
  • Risz
    132 posts Member
    You just made my entire resistance team of 70K totally irrelevant.

    I upgraded it specifically for TW and GA, now it will just sit there being totally useless.

    And you refuse to refund the Zeta.

    How long are you gonna keep spitting to our faces CG ?
  • CLS doesnt need a nerf REVAN DOES!!!! REFUNDS US THE FINN ZETA CG!!!!
    No. Just No.
  • Deum_Alisi1
    110 posts Member
    edited February 21
    They should just change Friday announcements to "this if how we're going to screw you over because of our garbage raid this week." It's a little long, but at least we could chuckle at their honesty.

    Post edited by Deum_Alisi1 on
  • So you changing his zeta, but no refund. What is wrong with you ?
  • gimme my zeta back
  • FingolfinTEK
    21 posts Member
    edited February 16
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Dear holotabe heroes,

    We messed up when we released C3PO. We gave him an expose ability, and gave no thought to how that would interact with the longest used expose team in the game, because we don't test anything, or think anything through. Despite our utter lack of respect for the intelligence of the community, we are impressed that it took you all of 4 minutes to figure out something we couldn't conceive of.

    To repair this issue caused by our incompetence, we intend to totally destroy Finn. We don't care about any of you, or what you think about that. However, to reduce outrage while we decided how to nerf him, we decided lie to make everyone believe we don't want the changes to affect anything but the HSR. That's laughable. We just want to destroy anything that is easy to get that works to counter the meta.

    We wanted to let the community know today, because we won't be in the office over the the weekend to listen to you complain. We hope you'll get over this obvious kick in the groin area, and go back to handing us absurd amounts of your money for our Star Wars themed gambling app. If you feel cheated you can find a list of places that will freeze over before we'll help you on the totally separate website set up to make reporting bugs as needlessly difficult as possible. We don't have an exact date, but we expect to take Finn behind the woodshed soon.

    See you on the holotables!!!

    *slowclap*

    I hate the changes, they severely reduce Finn's PVP viability - like many have already pointed out, currently Finn is an all-star that allows you to craft teams that can take on both Revan and Traya and I just can't see it happening with his new kit. I personally don't care about HSR - only a few people in our guild decided to use the team anyways - but Finn was my go-to in a pinch in both GA and TW.

    It thoroughly **** me off that CG decided to ignore the solution we all asked for - stacking tenacity in topples - and did so without a single friggin' word of explanation.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • @Wiggensbog
    I don’t need to test new Finn Kit to know he won’t be leading a squad that beats Revan almost every time in arena, TW, and Grand Arena... is the new kit a solid healing tank? Sure. But the team I leaned on most for all offensive battles is gone. If I have to play Revan Mirrors all day again... I’m done. Kraken out.
  • What will they do now, that there is a new video out , where cls lead with a weak 3p0 can solo p3.
    Will they nerf cls or 3p0 hmm

    Not good cg , your raid is atrocious let it die, stop messing with our toons.

    this the whole point why they killed finn off, because they refused to nerf legendary but 3p0 is easily beatable hes not the issue, Revan is by far a bigger OP issue. but they wont touch anyone legendary.

    Bottom line be a good company and give us the Zeta back dont bring all this negativity on yourself. because when you clock back in on monday were still gonna be here and were still gonna demand it.
    No. Just No.
  • What will they do now, that there is a new video out , where cls lead with a weak 3p0 can solo p3.
    Will they nerf cls or 3p0 hmm

    Not good cg , your raid is atrocious let it die, stop messing with our toons.

    this the whole point why they killed finn off, because they refused to nerf legendary but 3p0 is easily beatable hes not the issue, Revan is by far a bigger OP issue. but they wont touch anyone legendary.

    Bottom line be a good company and give us the Zeta back dont bring all this negativity on yourself. because when you clock back in on monday were still gonna be here and were still gonna demand it.

    Probably by tomorrow afternoon , all the cg apologists will be out trying to deflect and take it off topic. So that by monday they can just ignore us as usual.
  • You explicitly said you wouldn't nerf teams able to solo Haat. Now you did. I understand that you don't want inifinite loops to be occuring in hstih, but this is changing the entire way zFinn works. Please have a bit regard for our community. I understand that you have an obligation to keep liquid and get as much revenue of this game as possible, but in the long run, changes like this and sentences like "we have no intention of refunding the zeta associated with him" invokes fury among your community and makes us quit, leaving you with much less revenue. I have been an periodically decent spender in this game, because i like this game and want to support it. They way you have reworked and changed characters and teams, has caused me to be more hesitant and spend less. I will no longer spend any money on this game and i believe I'm not the only one. The only way this will change for me, is if i feel you are listening to the community again. Doing this hard of a change and not willing to refund zeta, is the opposite of taking your community serious.
  • Yall absolutely gutted the reason why so many of us zetad and geared Finn and poe. Please revert the changes or refund zetas/gear. This is absolutely the worst nerf yall have done.
  • Like I'm sorry but how can you say it doesn't affect pvp when you literally took the main advantage the team had away. I can't use my b resistance team at all anymore in tw or ga..
  • CG_TopHat wrote: »
    KiAdiMonte wrote: »
    Some clarification questions for the devs:

    Is the 3% turn meter gain for Resistance allies flat, or is that also per each Resistance ally?

    Does the turn meter removal rely on the potency of the character who dealt damage through expose?

    Also, when can we expect these changes to be implemented? Will he remain unchanged for the remainder of this Grand Arena and Territory War?

    3% per each Resistance ally. Turn meter removal is reliant on the potency of the character who dealt damage through expose. Changes should be soon - it's always tough for us to guarantee a date, but my hope is within the next two weeks.

    My dude, we all hope you go back to the drawing board on this one.
  • LordInuy
    201 posts Member
    edited February 16
    i want to refund my zeta, this finn is awful, you ruin one good team for tw, ga

    Edited for swearing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • It does completely screws up zFinn lead team in PvP. Either them don't play the game and don't understand it's mechanics or they are just plain lying. I prefer to believe the latter because releasing Threepio and trying to make us believe they overlooled it's possible interaction with a leader of its own faction is reallllly hard to believe. Else it would be as dumb as believing it doesn't alter his pvp viability.
  • Ztyle
    1951 posts Member
    When I look at those changes, I wonder if they have tested it without 3P0 and in other places than HSTR P3?
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Can we please lock this thread? I’am afraid it’s gonna burst and everybody reading it will get wet from the sea of all those crying eyes. It’s childish and pathetic.
  • RandomSithLord
    1026 posts Member
    edited February 16
    LordInuy wrote: »
    i want to refund my zeta, this finn is s.h.i.t., you ruin one good team for tw, ga

    I suppose there should be an option to refund after all. Whoever chooses to get back those precious 20 zeta mats should also renounce to all the Traya shards and revert all the gear upgrades that were achieved by placing higher in hSTR and hAAT with zFinn and C3PO. It's only fair after all.

    If you did not put that zeta on Finn last week (in that case you are just down right ignorant, knowing well it was not something to stay for long) you had plenty of time to profit from it. Those 20 zeta mats are a low price for what that team could achieve.
  • Ichiraikou
    267 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Unpopular opinion alert. I quite like this rework. I've stand by the idea that some old characters need a rework for a long time so I support this fully. It also makes finn a lot more balanced of a character. Even his new zeta is pretty good. It can be really strong with the right team behind him. Thou this last part is where I have some concerns.

    First of all. There are only 11 resistance characters in the game right now. Not to mention not all of those can expose enemies to begin with and 3 of those are r2d2, c3po and Rose Tico. R2 and c3 are very versatile but due to the limited amount of resistance compared to rebels and Galactic Republic pretty much forces you to use those 2 in a Resistance lineup. Especially since Finn's new lead is at its best in a full resistance team. And Rose Tico.... She is just terrible. Don't get me wrong. I didn't like the character in the movie at all but Mace Windu is more useful in this game.

    Second, and most importantly to me, why didn't you rework Poe Dameron as well. With his current kit it is possible for finn to taunt for 4 turns max. (2 from special and 2 from determination). This makes the unique from poe, specifically the part where he can make finn taunt, completely useless. Of course the turn meter gain also makes this synergy weaker. I really think a poe rework to go with finn could help a lot. Something as simple as a dispell of all enemies (to remove Tenacity Up and to mirror Finn's team cleanse) plus 100% expose chance could make all the difference outside of raids. In raids there generally aren't that many characters to expose in the first place (especially phase 3 sith raid) so this won't affect anything these but will make all the difference in other area's. His unique could also gain an 8th level. This will give his ship a slight boost as well, which is also very welcome.

    Overall some more expose resistance and a Poe rework could help a lot. So if you are reading this @CG_TopHat , or anyone from CG for that matter. At least consider a Poe rework to go with this.

    P.s.
    LordInuy wrote: »
    i want to refund my zeta, this finn is awful, you ruin one good team for tw, ga

    Edited for swearing. - EA_Cian
    Really? Really?! No wonder some people thing CG isn't listening at all. Why would you listen to people who keep insulting you? I certainly wouldn't. I can get that you don't like this. And I fully accept and understand that but come on. This is not the way to say that. They are also people. Have some respect.kncbcbaotoxa.gif

    Post edited by Kyno on
  • It's okay. But honestly it's not people wanted.

    Based on what I've seen the two special changes are fine really.

    But personally looking at this i'd change two things.

    Make the basic do expose and tenacity down. Instead of stacking offence.

    And second swap the numbers in the leader slot.

    5 gain and 3 remove per resistance ally.

    Cause people won't complain as much I think if they went from 35 per expose to 5-25 per expose.

    As most Finn teams are Finn c3 and trooper plus Han and chewie.

    So it's a 15 gain per go.

    Meaning at best if all attacked. It lands 75 tm gain instead of the current 140 gain.

    This allows Finn teams to move and gives the opponent/boss a small room to breath.

    But that's just my thoughts
  • ^^
    Respect works both ways
  • Gorem wrote: »
    I mean I know CG hates us and wants the game to die, but seriously, just refund our Finn zeta, that's all you have to do, its a really simple task, you've done it twice before.

    Let us decide if we want to zeta him again. Or are you so sure that the zeta is terrible now that you are forcing us to keep it because you know noone will put it back on?

    Or is it because it helps us get ready to move onto the next meta, and we can't have that? We not allowed anything in this game at all that actually benefits us, right?

    Double Marque Prices, Finn nerf, all these right before the weekend posts.

    Not refunding the zeta is not because of any of these reasons. The real reason is that many people zetad finn years ago, when it was actually good, but as nowdays its not, youre just grasping on to this brand new bug to demand a free zeta for currently useful toons, meanwhile also reducing your overall gp for easier GA matchups.

    Refunding only makes sense if you zetad him between the time c3po was launched and the dev post stating that it will be reworked.
    If you zetaes him earlier and still ask for a refund, shame on you.
  • Phoenixeon
    1014 posts Member
    edited February 16
    I like the change.
    Finn is my first 7* character, his resistance team is my first team above G11, and the first char I zeta'ed.

    The team is rarely used these days because
    1. Your Poe is slower than the enemies
    2. no expose landed
    3. failed to reduce some of char's turn meter, like thrawn or sion in a palp lead team
    then you're done.

    The TM train gone is sad, but the team is just back to normal states, fists to fists like the others, with Rose and/or Holdo this team looks promising.

    EDIT: spelling
This discussion has been closed.