Version Update 3/13 - Quality of Life - [MEGA]

Replies

• Stokat
    822 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »
    LtGenStu wrote: »
    Aydnie wrote: »
    How do we get Rancor Profiles pictures if the pit is simmed ?

You can't, you need to manually complete the raid in order to get quests or achievements.

So that means some people will never get some achievements

No, simming is optional. Your guild can continue to fight it the regular way just as before if you prefer to.
  • For QoL; how about just the one pop up that we can scroll down? Rather than the six or so that pop up?
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Grand Arena Matchmaking Improvements: Character-only Grand Arena matchmaking is no longer impacted by Ships GP

And about time. Why this wasn’t set at rollout makes me wonder about the QA team, if there is one.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Deeper reading- this is a solid qol update. Things that most of the community has wanted.
    we call out the devs when we say they don’t listen but this shows they are and it was well communicated.

I chalk this up to a win for us and them. Just need a little more info on raid rewards.

Great update. Thank you.
  • Stokat
    822 posts Member
    Deeper reading- this is a solid qol update. Things that most of the community has wanted.
    we call out the devs when we say they don’t listen but this shows they are and it was well communicated.

I chalk this up to a win for us and them. Just need a little more info on raid rewards.

Great update. Thank you.

Agreed, solid update and very much appreciated!
    Good changes all.
  • can you please stop to fill the stupid slider with all sim tickets???? this is really pathetic! horrible update :\
  • Why the cursor of fight simming sets automatically to max trys available ??
  • A very good update all round. As for the simming issue - those who want to play a limited number of battles can always play instead of sim them, so I do not really care much either way. I sim when I harvest something, and that means running all my energy on a single node anyway.
  • I just found out that luckily I didn't get this hideous update on my tablet. I've been playing for a while and the game was really great before this update. please keep the game on tablets without this update and from now on i'll only play on the tablet.
  • just for safety I'm going to block the updates for swgoh on Google play.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Altazarus wrote: »
    A very good update all round. As for the simming issue - those who want to play a limited number of battles can always play instead of sim them, so I do not really care much either way. I sim when I harvest something, and that means running all my energy on a single node anyway.

It's still possible to sim a limited number, it just defaults to max instead of 1 now.
  • Do it NekryXe and discover you can’t play the game tomorrow because it wasn’t updated
  • @CG_SBCrumb with the new buff ui it causes the Bounty Hunters contract target to get hidden, which makes it harder to know which character to hit, would be helpful if the target status was set not to be hidden, same with the payouts.
  • @CG_SBCrumb with the new buff ui it causes the Bounty Hunters contract target to get hidden, which makes it harder to know which character to hit, would be helpful if the target status was set not to be hidden, same with the payouts.

Good catch! Hadn't thought of that but hope they fix it. We can always play old style until they do but that does seem to be one that should be ever present.

• Ultra wrote: »
    lWFe2Ei.jpg

Very cool to see that we finally have more character information after icon holding with a finger. I've always asked for this, so hopefully you guys can put this in consideration, but can we get current stats also included on the icon hold for debugging / easier understanding?

Like the current speed (including leadership, mods, buffs / debuffs such as speed up / down)? Current Health and Protection, offense etc.

It would be easier to see if everything is WAI and helps explaining to others how some toons are interacting with how complex everyone's kits has become.

Would be super cool to see percentages on protection, health, and Turn Meter as well.
  • Good update, thnx.

But the simslider to the max should be reverted, Had no idea first and simmed all at several times once not knowing why lol.

i feel there are better results when doing them by the 3 but maybe that's the reason this change was made.

But overall i love the new QOL update.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    RogiWan wrote: »
    Good update, thnx.

But the simslider to the max should be reverted, Had no idea first and simmed all at several times once not knowing why lol.

i feel there are better results when doing them by the 3 but maybe that's the reason this change was made.

The results are the same no matter how many sims you use.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    lWFe2Ei.jpg

Very cool to see that we finally have more character information after icon holding with a finger. I've always asked for this, so hopefully you guys can put this in consideration, but can we get current stats also included on the icon hold for debugging / easier understanding?

Like the current speed (including leadership, mods, buffs / debuffs such as speed up / down)? Current Health and Protection, offense etc.

It would be easier to see if everything is WAI and helps explaining to others how some toons are interacting with how complex everyone's kits has become.

Would be super cool to see percentages on protection, health, and Turn Meter as well.

Yes please! This can especially be huge in GA when I’m trying to see if I can get players back to max health/protection for bonus points. Or trying to determine who is taking the next turn.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    lWFe2Ei.jpg

Yes please! This can especially be huge in GA when I’m trying to see if I can get players back to max health/protection for bonus points. Or trying to determine who is taking the next turn.

And several abilities also depend on how much health they have left (savage for example) or how many dots it'll take to kill them, etc. etc.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Why did you change my sim tickets bar so it starts at the full amount I can sim instead of at 1? No one asked for that to change. You can give me whatever none sense you want about simming, but simming anything else than 1-3 missions is a waste of energy. There is 0% chance this game rolls for each individual sim when you do them all at once as in my two years of playing I have always received worse rewards on average when doing a full sim (this is espessially apparent when simming for mod gear). So now instead of hitting one button to go up to 2 sims I have to scroll back down to the bottom. It's all in all a waste of the devs time to make that change and now adds another annoying aspect to my farming.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    RogiWan wrote: »
    Good update, thnx.

If you are setting the sim slider to 3, then whether it starts at 1 or 8, you have the same number of "clicks."

I believe this change was made based on how many players do max sims vs 1 at a time. If a majority of players do max sims vs minimum, then this change would benefit more players than it "hurts."

Of course, the ideal situation would be a "default sim slider location" - that could be toggled at max or min, to let players choose.
  • Strubz wrote: »
    Why the heck does simming raids still require people to join? If you can sim a raid, everyone should be automatically joined to it. Other than that, some solid improvements.

You will still have the option to do the raid normally. I believe the joining period is to give you the option to sim or manually do the raid.
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Well, QoL Update may a good thing but at least one issue is new now:

situation:

- a raid is set to autostart immediately after enough raid tickets are collected
    - this raid takes longer to finish than it takes to collect the tickets to start it

Before this Update it was possible to change the autostart-settings while the raid was still running. Now it isn't anymore, and that causes an infinite loopof this raid, at least if you do not want to waste all collected tickets to stop a actual running raid.

It would be nice to have the option to change starting times back even if the specific raid is already running ;-)
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Did the smaller buff icons actually fix the clutter without using collapse?
  • Love the new changes, but I shouldn't be asked to do the tool tip for the collapsing buffs in the timed battle in Squad Arena....
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Hey folks, sometimes posts that are edited too quick or posted too often too quickly can get eaten by our spam filter, if it happens don't worry we'll get to it and get them restored, but lets have less discussion about it please because it comes under discussing moderation which is against the rules.
  • Rebuc
    81 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

[*] Node Simming Slider: The node simming slider logic has been adjusted to slightly reduce the number of taps to fully sim a node

Can you please set this back to where it was? If I'm doing both LS and DS nodes for example, I don't need it to max out on the first one when I may only want to sim 3 or 4 on each, especially when I'm just doing daily farms and have a finite amount of energy before having to use a refresh. If you 'have' to set it somewhere, default it to halfway rather than full...that way we don't accidentally burn through them all when needing to sim multiple nodes.

This is one of those..."It wasn't broke" things, so why did you change it?
  • I think it's very important to applaud the decision of putting Carth and Canderous together as well as Bastila and Juhani together in packs. Given Canderous and Bastila released together like Carth and Juhani you may have expected them to be packed together. Well I can tell you that idea is just ridicilous! It makes sense to mix the pairs like they did so they can extor.. i mean make a tiny bit more profit. Take a bow CG, you guys certainly got that EA playbook 101 opened up :)
  • Thanks for this amazing update!

I know a lot of the things all you guys/gals hear all day is negativity but I just wanted to give y’all a shoutout. Keep up the great work!
  • rokota wrote: »
    Well, QoL Update may a good thing but at least one issue is new now:

situation:

- a raid is set to autostart immediately after enough raid tickets are collected
    - this raid takes longer to finish than it takes to collect the tickets to start it

Before this Update it was possible to change the autostart-settings while the raid was still running. Now it isn't anymore, and that causes an infinite loopof this raid, at least if you do not want to waste all collected tickets to stop a actual running raid.

It would be nice to have the option to change starting times back even if the specific raid is already running ;-)

Exactly this. This change was absolutely not a needed one and it's for the worse.