#2 Misrepresented Characters: Kit Fisto update 3.0 : got small buff still useless...not arena viable

Replies

• Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    No he is fine (Nothing is needed)
    We need more viable Jedi in the game.

because QGJ Lumi Yoda Ayla Anakin are definitely NOT enough good Jedis around.

I'm kinda tired of this "faction" to be honest and I wish they would make Empire more easily accessible. And Develop other factions as well. TBH the goodie-two-shoes Jedis have enough representation atm compared to other groups.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Yes He Is ( Buff/Overhaul needed)
    TheVem001 wrote: »
    Nice post, you got my support. A lot of overhauls need to happen. For the money this game is making, I personally believe the developers should be way more active in the forums / community.

I am always happy to help like many forum users we care about GOH and love it. Anything that helps the game is good in my books.
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »

I'm kinda tired of this "faction" to be honest and I wish they would make Empire more easily accessible. And Develop other factions as well. TBH the goodie-two-shoes Jedis have enough representation atm compared to other groups.

It's not about a faction but characters in general. I have already made up some plans for threads on empire characters. As I'd love to see empire teams comming out of the shadows. Never even seen anyone use an empire team just Darth.
  • Options
    I do love this uniform as well.
  • Options
    As with lots of characters in the game, there seems to be a lack of thought into a team they can slot into. You give a master Jedi a small chance to double attack but way less damage for that attack than others, you then give him an aoe that does next to no damage at all and a small chance of a buff that works best with non Jedi characters. I have a 7* kit, he was handy in the yoda event for his counter attack (although even that hardly happened) but will not be using him anywhere else until he becomes a threat or as a minimum complimentary to a team I can run.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I don't think he is badly represented. Lot of people, specislly Jedi fans, mistake "well repressented" by "he should be more powerful". Power is relative, needs to be kept in check, and the game would not be balanced if it is held to lore. Remember: Kit Fisto, " one if the finests swordmen in galaxy" was essentially one-shot by Sid's AOE. I know many Jedi fans will just look to other side in regards of this, but if you play to lore, Kit should be able to one-shot droids and geonosians, BUT at the same time he should die in 1 shot from Sid. There is no way you can balance that.

"Well represented" should be about the personality. Yoda's Battle meditation, Savage Oppress self buff when hit, or Anakin's anger when a teammate dies, are well repressented, regardless of their relative power. Ashoka's slowness is badly representative of her.

Kit Fisto's counterattack and AOE make him well represented. He is versed in fighting múltiple dudes, as he should. What you are asking for is not a better repressentation of him. You are asking for him being more powerful, just because Jedi reasons. That's bad idea. If you play to lore, Sid's AOE would kill in one shot every Jedi in game but Yoda and Mace Windu. Lore can't trump balance
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options

It's not about a faction but characters in general. I have already made up some plans for threads on empire characters. As I'd love to see empire teams comming out of the shadows. Never even seen anyone use an empire team just Darth.

I like your post, I was only replying to JumbuckJedi about a particular thing he said.

TBH I had no clue who Kit Fisto because I'm not a diehard SW fan who knows all the characters. I'm actually looking forward to ships more than new units, because what initially made me love SW when I was a kid was the ships design and the Star Destroyers.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    A personal question, are you rich?
  • Options
    ubn87 wrote: »
    A personal question, are you rich?

Lol just Shady ;)
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Every character is technically misrepresented in this game , you can't just call out fisto, look at
    Anakin
    Ahsoka
    Maul
    Ventress
    Mace
    Etc...
    It's a game their is not 1 character than can be perfectly made for the game , it would be too much.
    [SöD]
  • Options

I like your post, I was only replying to JumbuckJedi about a particular thing he said.

TBH I had no clue who Kit Fisto because I'm not a diehard SW fan who knows all the characters. I'm actually looking forward to ships more than new units, because what initially made me love SW when I was a kid was the ships design and the Star Destroyers.

Yeah im looking foward to seeing how they handle that. Kit Fisto was a council member and a Master Jedi of the order. King of dealing with multiple enemies at once but in 1v1 had to be careful as his form has weakness in 1v1.

• Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    He died in seconds to Sid...

The characters in the prequels exception of Yoda and Mace was no where near as strong as the Jedi after the purge.

Kit Fisto was QGJ level and if anyone researched QGJ he was medicore at best.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    /()\
    I don't think he is badly represented. Lot of people, specislly Jedi fans, mistake "well repressented" by "he should be more powerful". Power is relative, needs to be kept in check, and the game would not be balanced if it is held to lore. Remember: Kit Fisto, " one if the finests swordmen in galaxy" was essentially one-shot by Sid's AOE. I know many Jedi fans will just look to other side in regards of this, but if you play to lore, Kit should be able to one-shot droids and geonosians, BUT at the same time he should die in 1 shot from Sid. There is no way you can balance that.
    Reply: although i love the lore and always add abit of history to these threads, this one is just about bringing him up to par. At current he is a attacker with the stats of a tank and the damage of a wet noodle. He needs abit of attention as it seems he was rushed out with no thought.

"Well represented" should be about the personality. Yoda's Battle meditation, Savage Oppress self buff when hit, or Anakin's anger when a teammate dies, are well repressented, regardless of their relative power. Ashoka's slowness is badly representative of her.

Reply: Definitely agree with you here

Kit Fisto's counterattack and AOE make him well represented. He is versed in fighting múltiple dudes, as he should. What you are asking for is not a better repressentation of him. You are asking for him being more powerful, just because Jedi reasons. That's bad idea. If you play to lore, Sid's AOE would kill in one shot every Jedi in game but Yoda and Mace Windu. Lore can't trump balance
    Reply: His aoe does almost no damage must be around 100 damage or so. And his double attack passive should be removed and brought in line with his form.

I respect your opinion i just wish to see him brought up and on more teams. Just like my threads regarding Mob Enforcer, Ahsoka and Fost and all other tanks.

Diversified Rosters are my goal and meta breaking is my game. ;)
  • Options
    VIII wrote: »
    Every character is technically misrepresented in this game , you can't just call out fisto, look at
    Anakin
    Ahsoka
    Maul
    Ventress
    Mace
    Etc...
    It's a game their is not 1 character than can be perfectly made for the game , it would be too much.
    [SöD]

Ahsoka is already getting a buff soon that should bring her more in line.
    They are slowly getting around to bringing characters up to speed this just helps point out who needs help alot better.
  • Options
    Smithie wrote: »

The characters in the prequels exception of Yoda and Mace was no where near as strong as the Jedi after the purge.

Many Jedi have fallen to Sidious but this is mainly about bringing him up to speed and more about AOE damage. :)
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options

Many Jedi have fallen to Sidious but this is mainly about bringing him up to speed and more about AOE damage. :)

To be fair I respect your thread, just feel that his force push to many other Jedi his level or higher isnt going to hurt them and leaves him open to a big counter.

Vs Han Chewie etc his AOE should do damage but compared to a force weilder his AOE would be a push
  • Options

To be fair I respect your thread, just feel that his force push to many other Jedi his level or higher isnt going to hurt them and leaves him open to a big counter.

Vs Han Chewie etc his AOE should do damage but compared to a force weilder his AOE would be a push

Im not sure what he needs i just know he is not correct atm. I run him in all my teams out of respect to Kit Fisto but he makes it hard.

His AOE doesn't deal enough damage to even move any health bars. The buff only helps if you run non jedi characters like Sidious. Worse is his basic requires it to hit twice to = the damage of a normal attack.

I love him and i will continue to use him but jebus does CG make it hard. He is not alone though my poor 7* cad bane and maul have something to say soon as well lol.
  • Options
    Having read all the novels written around the Clone Wars it my single biggest complaint about ROTS that Sidious killed Fisto far to easily, I totally agree that he needs some massive improvements and I look forward to his shards becoming farmable as when I started playing back in December I would save my crystals for days and get the second tier chromium packs and got my Fisto to 3 stars doing this but since I've stopped using crystals for packs and now use them for refreshes he has become one of a number of neglected level 50 characters that make up my GW suicide squads, hardly a fitting place for one of the greatest Jedi warriors of all time
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Other (I have something else to say on this subject)
    Take a look at Fisto's skill set. You have the following:

Offense up
    Defense up
    Tenacity up
    Potency up
    AOE
    Counter attacks
    Double attacks

He's extremely spread out in his skill set, and seems to embody the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none".

This would indeed be appropriate for a Shii-Cho practitioner, especially one who's known to be extremely versatile. Like Fisto.

Making this character, I picture the developers tried to find a compromise between versatility and strength. They made a toon with no glaring flaws, and no obvious strengths either. In the right situation, he can outlast many more specialized toons, but he'll likely not outshine them.

A remedy might be to give him a "unique selling point", something that sets him apart from other toons. If his AOE attack was more reliable in granting Potency up, and if the buff was a little bigger, he could be very useful for increasing the power of debuffing toons such as old Ben and Phasma.

Maybe this will happen at later levels? I'm not sure. But for now, I think there are other toons to focus on. And all the bugs.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »

Offense up
    Defense up
    Tenacity up
    Potency up
    AOE
    Counter attacks
    Double attacks

He's extremely spread out in his skill set, and seems to embody the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none".

This would indeed be appropriate for a Shii-Cho practitioner, especially one who's known to be extremely versatile. Like Fisto.

Making this character, I picture the developers tried to find a compromise between versatility and strength. They made a toon with no glaring flaws, and no obvious strengths either. In the right situation, he can outlast many more specialized toons, but he'll likely not outshine them.

A remedy might be to give him a "unique selling point", something that sets him apart from other toons. If his AOE attack was more reliable in granting Potency up, and if the buff was a little bigger, he could be very useful for increasing the power of debuffing toons such as old Ben and Phasma.

Maybe this will happen at later levels? I'm not sure. But for now, I think there are other toons to focus on. And all the bugs.

His stats for 80 and 90 don't look good and bring him lower down on the list.
    He definitely needs a unique selling point. But problem is you are correct about * jack of all trades and master of none*

Offense up / gets bonus damage but so little it doesn't help especially since he hits less than most tanks lol.

Defense up / tenacity up for his leader ability may be useful if they fix Defense mechanics but again very unlikely to see him in a leader spot.

Potency up / it just doesnt help out
    AOE / almost 0 damage lol ( worse is it cannot even move hp bars).

Counter attacks / useful but low chance compared to others like dooku.

Double attacks / cool ability / low chance / he hits like a wet noodle so he kinda need the double attack to deal what others deal with a a basic attack.

He could be brought up while keeping with his form. :)
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, he doesn't hit all that low. His basic is about 2K per hit. At 35% chance for another 2K, so statistically speaking we could say that he hits for ~2,600. Which is better than Fives, Barriss, old Ben and RG, to mention a few other high HP toons. Can't compare him to the high damage dealers. I'd say it puts him very much exactly in the middle of the roster.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Offense up
    Defense up
    Tenacity up
    Potency up
    AOE
    Counter attacks
    Double attacks

He definitely needs a unique selling point. But problem is you are correct about * jack of all trades and master of none*

Offense up / gets bonus damage but so little it doesn't help especially since he hits less than most tanks lol.

Defense up / tenacity up for his leader ability may be useful if they fix Defense mechanics but again very unlikely to see him in a leader spot.

Double attacks / cool ability / low chance / he hits like a wet noodle so he kinda need the double attack to deal what others deal with a a basic attack.

And this is exactly what I meant.

He is perfectly well represented flavorwise, with skills that fit his lore. You just want him to be more powerful. Because Jedi reasons. I strongly disagree with that. If we play by lore, we cant just do it with chars you (or the players in general) like. By lore, Sid should one-shot Jedis like a hot knife cuts butter, except Yoda and Mace. Lore makes the game unplayable.

Toons should have their *flavor* well repressented. Fisto's kit (pun intended) feels well.
  • Options
    I'm a small guppy and I target players with 7* Fistos because he is so easy to kill.

He definitely needs a buff in some way.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

Offense up
    Defense up
    Tenacity up
    Potency up
    AOE
    Counter attacks
    Double attacks

And this is exactly what I meant.

He is perfectly well represented flavorwise, with skills that fit his lore. You just want him to be more powerful. Because Jedi reasons. I strongly disagree with that. If we play by lore, we cant just do it with chars you (or the players in general) like. By lore, Sid should one-shot Jedis like a hot knife cuts butter, except Yoda and Mace. Lore makes the game unplayable.

Toons should have their *flavor* well repressented. Fisto's kit (pun intended) feels well.

I do want him brought up abit not because of jedi reason but because there is a reason why you don't see him amongst teams. Us that use him do it about of respect or love of Kit.

Cad Bane is next on my list to be boosted as he is not correct. Good load out but doesnt show off him correctly both as a tatics expert and ability to get out of deadly situations.

Btw love the Pun lol.
  • Options
    I'm a small guppy and I target players with 7* Fistos because he is so easy to kill.

He definitely needs a buff in some way.

Good point thanks turtle lol i notice this on my leader board when i drop from 15 to the 50s in 8-12 hours lol.
  • Options
    Oh, he doesn't hit all that low. His basic is about 2K per hit. At 35% chance for another 2K, so statistically speaking we could say that he hits for ~2,600. Which is better than Fives, Barriss, old Ben and RG, to mention a few other high HP toons. Can't compare him to the high damage dealers. I'd say it puts him very much exactly in the middle of the roster.

For an attacker I'd hope he would be up there compared to supporters and tanks lol.
  • Options
    Btw loving all the support so early , thanks heaps community.
  • Options
    That smile tho...
  • Options
    That smile tho...

Lol i was waiting for someone to say that personally it always makes me smile to see him smile. :D
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    They all are. It's a game, not a Star Wars simulation.

If it were, only Jedi and Sith would be worth having.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*