Please make Darth Revan extremely hard to get

Replies

• Gawejn
    1095 posts Member
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Ctharipper wrote: »
    Some people not been on the game for a long time. Used every resource they could to farm the needed characters. Mythic events are for the challenge. Getting the characters shouldn't be a problem after all the farm efforts especially after spending for shards for the needs. Since journey will not be a mythic but plenty of us had to work a lot simply to get shards and g8-9

See that’s why I need there to be a huge ceiling for this one. I’ve been playing this game since beta and have been contributing to this game for years. I’m 60k GP away from 5M. Some shmuck that just joined the game with 2m GP should not be able to compete with me for FREE. My 3 fastest mod sets are +162, +151, +143. There should be 0 reason why someone with 2m GP and half as good as mods as I should be overtaking me in arena just cause they feel like they are entitled to get DR for free. Make it difficult, very difficult. And make some sort of paywall.

What? They will get DR for free and they will overtake You in arena. Also those Players were not so stupid like You, by spending money on trivial mobile game and You and Players stupid like You are the reason why this game is so expensive. If You wouldnt spend money on this game, they would have to lower the prices or game would be over. And if there wouldnt be Players free to play there would not be game, You are dependent on those Players, but You have no respect for them. You are not different couse You spent an absurd of money for this game.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    He is already the hardest to get character in game history.

Jedi Training Rey was.

Traya was.
  • Just to clarify the situation a bit: The time period from releasing the last two toons needed until event information was about the same as with JKR. Only this time around anyone who shares some interest in the game knew exactly and about 98% sure which toons would bew needed. So it was definitely possible even for mainly ftp players to get them to 7 stars in time. It recommended refreshs in cantina and nodes of course, but with proper arena ranking anyone was able to do so.
    Carth might be the biggest task as it is a fleet node which also cost christals for refreshing. But when thinking about finishing him at the end of the event anyone had four (or even five?) weeks to farm him. Around 10 shards per day, which is possible with two refreshes and maybe one 25 chards pack for 2000 christals in the store. What i really would love is that there are several teams that could reach top ranks and stay there on defense and not this 95% Revan teams. These mirrors and timeots sometimes become really annoying and one meta that tough is not good for the game and also not good for the Arena.
    I think there should be some advantages for regular and strategic players as for whales of course also. So if a lot of people will get DKR in the first time around it will be annoying for whales of course as they try to buy an advantage and put the money into EAs wallets for us all to enjoy a ftp game if we like to.
    But do I have to be angry if I am not in that of a good position if I won´t invest any money? I think that is normally quite fair that players who pay a lot should have strategic advantages in this game type. We will see how many players will be able to get DKR in the first go, if there are two many there will be a much more difficult way to obtain Malak, I promise :-)
    And by the way, I think Malak or another new release in this year will rip JKR and DKR apart anyway ;-)
  • Javin37 wrote: »

Jedi Training Rey was.

Traya was.

JTR had more requirements, but required many fewer crystals.

A single fleet node is brutal.

Traya you could get just by hitting the join button.
  • EAZY_E
    21 posts Member
    If it was going to be that hard then I wish people couldn’t pay for the characters back when they came out, forcing everyone to farm the original way so then all of a sudden they wouldn’t want it to be hard lol. So no, the challenge was 7* them before the event starts
  • He is already the hardest to get character in game history.

We will have one more week to farm him compared to JKR, but characters were available in half the locations.

Don’t get it. Everyone said Jedi Revan was paywalled, but a harder character is too easy???

I don’t agree he’s harder. I’m way ahead of where I was with Revan. Probably a week or so 😉

You started panic farming earlier this time.

If you started at the same time Darth Revan is much harder.

I started panic farming both as soon as they came out. I panic farm everything, because I’m a veteran who has literally everything else already, in terms of shards. There was more time for this one. I don’t think I’ll even have to spend crystals in shipments. It will be close. Might need 1 or 2 shipments.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »

Jedi Training Rey was.

Traya was.

Since when does farming 2x 16 cantina nodes require fewer crystals than farming 1x 20 fleet node? In fact if you farm both for 24 battles, it's 375 crystals for 1x 20 fleet node and 700 crystals for 2x 16 cantina node (you're even missing 1 battle due to being 3 energy short).

And if you could just get Traya by pressing the join button you were probably in TI or any of the top 5 guilds because 99% of the player base could not afford to do that when the raid was released (because Javin was cealry referring to the early days of Traya when he said "Traya was.").
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Nose
    19 posts Member
    Mediocrity shouldn’t be rewarded (not everyone gets a trophy). I hope gear 12 is required and a zeta or 2. I haven’t spent a dime and I am ready. Those FTP that didn’t prepare, spend a portion of their crystals cache in farming, or store gear shouldn’t be rewarded for lack of insight.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member

2 weeks to farm Carth and Juhani with both being located in cantina at 16 a pop would be easier?

I forgot about that. Back in March 2018 I just hit the join button and viola! Traya

• leef
    13458 posts Member

2 weeks to farm Carth and Juhani with both being located in cantina at 16 a pop would be easier?

are you saying we only had two weeks to farm the vets? I don't think so.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I'm a mostly FTP player. I used gift cards I got for Christmas to buy the four OR Marquee packs. I've been using my fleet arena crystals to buy energy and refreshes. I'm super close to having them all 7*. I will be CRUSHED if not only is there a star check, but a gear check too. Hard work and focus should pay off.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    JTR
    Vets farmable: Nov 22
    Event start: Dec 15
    Time between: ~ 3 weeks

JKR
    Last OR chars farmable: Sep 26
    Event start: Oct 18
    Time between: ~ 3 weeks

DR
    Last OR chars farmable: Feb 21
    Event start: Mar 21 (??)
    Time between: ~ 4 weeks (if 21st)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Nose wrote: »
    Mediocrity shouldn’t be rewarded (not everyone gets a trophy). I hope gear 12 is required and a zeta or 2. I haven’t spent a dime and I am ready. Those FTP that didn’t prepare, spend a portion of their crystals cache in farming, or store gear shouldn’t be rewarded for lack of insight.

Amen
  • matsumike wrote: »
    I'm a mostly FTP player. I used gift cards I got for Christmas to buy the four OR Marquee packs. I've been using my fleet arena crystals to buy energy and refreshes. I'm super close to having them all 7*. I will be CRUSHED if not only is there a star check, but a gear check too. Hard work and focus should pay off.

That’s kind of an odd statement. Hard work should pay off, so you shouldn’t make the requirements harder? So it shouldn’t payoff more for those who geared them to G12?
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Wow, the elitist, entitled, whiny tone of at least one of the people in this post is incredible.

What do F2P players do for the game? Do you enjoy playing the game? Do you enjoy playing against opponents, and having them play against you? Would you prefer it was all PVE content? F2P populates your game modes. We tolerate being openly treated like second class citizens in this game, because we understand that's the way it has to be. We try to do smart things to make up the pay differential, so it's not entirely a game where you simply pay to win.

What do elitist P2P players like yourself do for the game (not all P2P, just elitist folks like the one who asked what F2P people do)? As far as I can see, the entirety of your grand contribution to the game is paying bills. That doesn't, and shouldn't, make you good at the game. The moment money=power, that's the moment it's not a game, but rather a wallet measuring stick with cool animated stickers on it.

If you can't see why it's important for a game like this to reward players for hard work, or for time invested, or for being intelligent about what they do, you're throwing your money around foolishly.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

are you saying we only had two weeks to farm the vets? I don't think so.

Are you saying you would rather have had Junani and Carth placed in cantina immediately after the event announcement?
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/147608/reys-heros-journey-character-requirements#latest

announced vets were required December 4, 2017
    Event started December 15th

Of course I don't think you are saying that....I actually paid attention to context and realized you just missed the point. It happens.
  • I'd say make it about as difficult as the chewy/c3po events. The toons required for this event have some synergy but not enough to be super viable on it's own (unlike Carth with mission, big z and canderous, 2 of which are not in this event) so too much difficulty would cause (another) uproar
  • Lookit all these whiny whales.
  • #1 - There is no way the difficulty will be harder than Chewie/C3PO because this is a journey event...even references in the announcement about a "journey" to the Dark Side. Legendaries have been harder because you could use different characters within a faction as opposed to needing 5 specific characters. For example, doing the Chewie event was much harder without Bossk and Dengar than it was with them. Same with Wicket, Paploo and Logray in the C3PO event. So the actual difficult of those events varied with the characters used. #2 - The official announcement of which characters are needed for Darth Revan was made on March 13th, four days ago. Anyone who farmed those characters ahead of time did so on speculation and assumptions...it may have turned out that those characters were not needed for anything. Therefore, suggesting that Darth Revan is "easy" to get is nonsense....farming characters before the requirements are announced is a high risk, high reward strategy. Juhani and Carth have only been farmable for 25 days so if someone has had them 7* for months then they whaled out on them when their Marquee packs were out....that's on you....could have gotten them much cheaper when they became farmable. #3 - People at the top of the arena have a very skewed view of the game...they are kind of clueless about players outside the top 50 of the arena....it's not like 90% of the players are going to get Darth Revan.
    Nose wrote: »

The requirements were announced 4 days ago....yes, 4 days ago on March 13th. How can you honestly suggest that someone who has gotten all 5 of these characters to 7* when the requirements were only announced 4 days ago is someone who "didn't prepare"? That's absurd, lmfao. Here's some "insight" for you....no journey event has ever required G11 or G12 gear across the board...you're suggesting that the gearing requirement should be similar to a legendary event rather than the journey event it is.....that's not "insight", that would be predicting a complete change in years of precedent with these events.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    All due respect dased on your pic and screen name, unfortunately your ideal of rewarding dedication is misplaced.

They always reward new money, and they will get it.

They want it this way, or you would need need JKR to get Darth Revan.

Dedication/time in - which seems to be a fleeting concept to the publishers and only important to playerbase - comes in the form of hoarding, farming, gearing, good mods - which you could pay for too. *that’s* your paywall.
  • They have to make it F2P accessible or all the F2Ps, like me, will get triggered. I am going to be mad if it is extremely hard to get
  • All due respect, but Based on your pic and screen name, unfortunately your ideal of rewarding dedication is misplaced.

They always reward new money, and they will get it.

They want it this way, or you would need need JKR to get Darth Revan.

Dedication - which seems to be a fleeting concept to the publishers and only important to playerbase - comes in the form of hoarding, farming, gearing, good mods - which you could pay for too, but *there’s* your paywall.

Don’t go there. That has nothing to do with anything. Stop it. Get some help.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    I hope it requires all gr12++ and all zetas
  • That’s kind of an odd statement. Hard work should pay off, so you shouldn’t make the requirements harder? So it shouldn’t payoff more for those who geared them to G12?[/quote]

Those people who have everything g12 will hit the arena day one and earn their rewards there. I'm hoarding gear and preparing, but doubt I could get all five g11 much less g12. There's hard work... And there's unattainable without $$$.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    I also hope it’s at least 2-3 times tougher than chewie/3po
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    JasFonz wrote: »
    I don’t understand the « No »
    Isn’t it fun to actually have a challenge in the game? Rather than push all buttons and win. What makes Chewie and C3po so cool is the fact that you had to sweat to get them. Even more so if you managed with minimum requirements and the RNG gods loved you.
    The JKR event was such a joke, it felt dirty getting him. So dirty that I didn’t even bother gearing him up. Just used sith instead!!!
    Make the event hard, I can’t bare seeing every lame joe show up with a toon and make arena boring again. Plus what do FTP players do for the game apart from whining on forums?

No it's not fun, it's annoying when you have to upgrade your characters the highest you can, spending your hard earned resources to meet the event requirements and you STILL have to depend on RNG.

So no it's NOT fun.
  • Nose
    19 posts Member

The requirements were announced 4 days ago....yes, 4 days ago on March 13th. How can you honestly suggest that someone who has gotten all 5 of these characters to 7* when the requirements were only announced 4 days ago is someone who "didn't prepare"? That's absurd, lmfao. Here's some "insight" for you....no journey event has ever required G11 or G12 gear across the board...you're suggesting that the gearing requirement should be similar to a legendary event rather than the journey event it is.....that's not "insight", that would be predicting a complete change in years of precedent with these events.

The requirements have been farmable for quite a while now and if you honestly didn’t know how to prepare until 4 days ago, you’ve been living under a rock. And please don’t be naive that CG wouldn’t change the rules in their favor. I don’t take stock in the past definitions of what kind of event this will be. Money is money and CG will get theirs regardless of the angry mob.

A character as celebrated as Darth Revan deserves to be exclusive for the first round, at least. Personally, I hope that holds true.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    JasFonz wrote: »
    I don’t understand the « No »
    Isn’t it fun to actually have a challenge in the game? Rather than push all buttons and win. What makes Chewie and C3po so cool is the fact that you had to sweat to get them. Even more so if you managed with minimum requirements and the RNG gods loved you.
    The JKR event was such a joke, it felt dirty getting him. So dirty that I didn’t even bother gearing him up. Just used sith instead!!!

No its not.

Chewy was over the top rng fest. I beat it first time around but i had no pride in my feat. It was simply luck. Plain and simple

Ewoks i didnt have up and ready for 3po round 1. But the second coming i did and it wasnt hard at all.

Again, no pride in the feat... simply had the required gear, characters and zeta.

Hard doesnt make it fun. Chewy was frustration, ewoks were better but again it was all about gear 12 elder and gear 11 others with zet chripa and having logray. I couldnt hit auto but it was done on first try.

Chewy and C3po required characters that were F2P at the point of release. The only way to make money at that is force gear sales.

I get you dont want a meta shift like JKR, but it shouldnt be over the top difficult that only breeds annoyance.

Whales who bought the characters expect return on investment. Not delivering on that with spammed preload turn meter will only hurt profit and make spenders feel cheated.

The key is just enough time for some F2P to get it if they planned really really well or spend a bit and whales who spent the cash to get it with ease.

This. ^
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Celebrated as Darth Revan 🤣