Please make Darth Revan extremely hard to get

Replies

• JasFonz wrote: »
    I don’t understand the « No »
    Isn’t it fun to actually have a challenge in the game? Rather than push all buttons and win. What makes Chewie and C3po so cool is the fact that you had to sweat to get them. Even more so if you managed with minimum requirements and the RNG gods loved you.
    The JKR event was such a joke, it felt dirty getting him. So dirty that I didn’t even bother gearing him up. Just used sith instead!!!
    Make the event hard, I can’t bare seeing every lame joe show up with a toon and make arena boring again. Plus what do FTP players do for the game apart from whining on forums?

No it's not fun, it's annoying when you have to upgrade your characters the highest you can, spending your hard earned resources to meet the event requirements and you STILL have to depend on RNG.

So no it's NOT fun.

If you have to rely on RNG then your characters aren’t as good as is intended to complete the event. No matter where the “line” is, people slightly below it will complain about how ridiculous the RNG is for the event. It’s not bad RNG when you are losing over and over, it’s good RNG when/if you finally win a match you probably shouldn’t have.
    Isn’t it fun to actually have a challenge in the game? Rather than push all buttons and win. What makes Chewie and C3po so cool is the fact that you had to sweat to get them. Even more so if you managed with minimum requirements and the RNG gods loved you.
    The JKR event was such a joke, it felt dirty getting him. So dirty that I didn’t even bother gearing him up. Just used sith instead!!!
    Make the event hard, I can’t bare seeing every lame joe show up with a toon and make arena boring again. Plus what do FTP players do for the game apart from whining on forums?

No it's not fun, it's annoying when you have to upgrade your characters the highest you can, spending your hard earned resources to meet the event requirements and you STILL have to depend on RNG.

So no it's NOT fun.

If you have to rely on RNG then your characters aren’t as good as is intended to complete the event. No matter where the “line” is, people slightly below it will complain about how ridiculous the RNG is for the event. It’s not bad RNG when you are losing over and over, it’s good RNG when/if you finally win a match you probably shouldn’t have.

I did the chewie event with full g12 BH with z'd Bossk lead and took me at least 4 tries. So yeah RNG did play it's part.

• Kyno wrote: »
    They could just make him a counter to Revan but still be beatable by revan. Then anyone who gets him can choose light or dark and we can all just move forward.

So exactly the same as JKR then?

He was built to counter Traya but she can still win if you mod her for defense.

Except Revan smacks traya on offence
  • The sense of entitlement is strong with this one. Let me translate this post more accurately for you:

He's hoping that by making the event very difficult they will catch most people by surprise and thus very very few people, including him off course, will get him.

Then at the 4-6 month return many will still fail so he can enjoy another 4-6 months of free arena reign because he's not gonna be owned by everyone like Jedi Revan.

And they say only f2p are entitled
  • He is already the hardest to get character in game history.

We will have one more week to farm him compared to JKR, but characters were available in half the locations.

Don’t get it. Everyone said Jedi Revan was paywalled, but a harder character is too easy???

It is 2 weeks more for carth and juhani and a character that was f2p since game's start. THis time was 6 weeks for chromium 6 weeks for farm location for all four and for light side was 4+4 so for dark bastila and ordo you had even more time
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Yeah, would be nice if requirements will be high. I have been ready for a while now as I was preparing for something similar to first Revan and I missed Revan the first time around. Feels like my efforts were wasted as I didn't need to spend so many crystals preparing, and now a lot more people will have a chance to get him. Is what it is though.

So no it's NOT fun.

I did the chewie event with full g12 BH with z'd Bossk lead and took me at least 4 tries. So yeah RNG did play it's part.

Also took a few tries for chewbacca. G12 with very very good speeds.

• This event is going to be so tough. Expect 150 sims for rng if team is not g12+
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Anyone hope the difficulty is really really up there. Harder than Chewbacca and harder than C-3PO? I’ve had Carth, Juhani, BSF, and Canderous g12’d and zeta’d for months now. So maybe I’m biased to say but I’m really not looking forward to starting off the DR meta similar to what we have now due to how much time players have gotten to farm these characters. If the requirement is not up there (at least g11-12 and a zeta or 2) then I foresee DR meta starting off at 60-70% of meta on the first release. Please don’t reward FTP with 4-6 months of viablity.

Good job, you paid for it lol they've already said it's going to be very difficult. And I'd imagine you're in the extreme minority with your characters so maybe that doesnt really matter to the convo?

So no it's NOT fun.

This is ignorance. RNG plays a HUGE part in this game, especially the last two legendary events.

So no it's NOT fun.

Always will too. That's just a silly statement by that guy. Typically the only time rng isnt a thing is when they provide characters for said event
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    JasFonz wrote: »

So no it's NOT fun.

This is ignorance. RNG plays a HUGE part in this game, especially the last two legendary events.

you should read his comment again.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Anyone hope the difficulty is really really up there. Harder than Chewbacca and harder than C-3PO? I’ve had Carth, Juhani, BSF, and Canderous g12’d and zeta’d for months now. So maybe I’m biased to say but I’m really not looking forward to starting off the DR meta similar to what we have now due to how much time players have gotten to farm these characters. If the requirement is not up there (at least g11-12 and a zeta or 2) then I foresee DR meta starting off at 60-70% of meta on the first release. Please don’t reward FTP with 4-6 months of viablity.

What makes you think DR will be immediately meta dominating? Before Revan we had much more humble (and yea, even CLS) leg/hero's that didn't burn the meta to the ground.
  • leef wrote: »
    JasFonz wrote: »

So no it's NOT fun.

you should read his comment again.

Regardless of gear and mods theres always rng and it can be tuned however cg sees fit. So re reading wont change that hes wrong
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    I hope it isn't difficult for the sole reason that I want less mirror fights. I hope a ton of people get DR so they can make JKR less dominant.
  • ssj4tim wrote: »
    I hope it isn't difficult for the sole reason that I want less mirror fights. I hope a ton of people get DR so they can make JKR less dominant.

Unfortunately I think that would be just as bad because they have no control of power creep and darth revan will likely be stronger than all. Unless they do the right thing and balance it.
  • usArmyJedi
    351 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    [/quote] What makes you think DR will be immediately meta dominating? Before Revan we had much more humble (and yea, even CLS) leg/hero's that didn't burn the meta to the ground. [/quote]

While it’s fun to play devils advocate on “what if it’s not meta” I can almost about guarantee that it will. I can list about 4 different reasons why it will be. The only thing that may be unknown to us is whether Darth Malak will join this future team or not shortly after. Every journey character has made an overnight impact on the meta every single time. I know because I maxed all journey characters and their companions the moment they came out.

What the hell is your problem? Are you so stuck up and inconsiderate that you are jealous of how FTP like me have been able to have success and break into the arena with a JKR/Bastilla (LS) team, and want to keep FTP from ever having a chance?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    He should beat jedi with ease... but rebels or droids should be able to take him

Though since its a journey character its likely not rock paper scissors.

If this were malak as a marquee we could get to it beats jedi, rebels beat it and so on
  • ssj4tim wrote: »

Then it’s just a bunch of DR mirror fights. If your goal is less mirror fights, you should probably be rooting for DR to be pretty rare, and for JKR to not be able to win on offense, but other factions can. This way you have a few DR teams and then several other teams that counter it scattered throughout arena.
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    He is hard to get. If you don't have the money to drop on him, you can't get him. Pretty hard when you're F2P or broke.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • I don’t care who has Darth Revan.
    Mine is going to conquer them all!!!!
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    All I want is for him to be beatable so that we can get some diversity in arena, not just RevanL/RevanD for the entirety of the top half of it. That's not healthy. But also not having another absurdly overpowered next meta to beat him at the same time
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Javin37 wrote: »

JTR had more requirements, but required many fewer crystals.

A single fleet node is brutal.

2 weeks to farm Carth and Juhani with both being located in cantina at 16 a pop would be easier?
    Traya you could get just by hitting the join button.

I forgot about that. Back in March 2018 I just hit the join button and viola! Traya

I thinknvet chewie and han being in cantina 1 week prior tonjtr release made her a bit harder.

And yes traya is cake. Longevity does not equal difficulty. But longevity does equal traya.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Arcaver wrote: »
    He is hard to get. If you don't have the money to drop on him, you can't get him. Pretty hard when you're F2P or broke.

He's definately hard to get. However, if you're on a 3+ year old leaderboard you're bound to run into f2p players who are prepared enough to be able to get him. If you've spend alot of money on this game, i can understand that you want the latest and greatest to be rather exclusive so you won't get beat by all those nifty f2p players anymore.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Where exactly are all these free players who just recently joined the game and have managed to 7 star all the required characters for Darth Revan? Pretty sure that population is a figment of the imagination.

As for how hard it should be, it should be exactly as hard as JKR. No easier, no harder. The two characters are supposed to be mirrors of each other, with equal power levels. And if they have equal power, then their unlocking should have equal difficulty.
  • Meh I will spend nothing and just get him the second time around. Make it as diffucult as we you want. I’ll have four months+ to prepare. I feel for the people who spend with the expectation of getting DR but might miss it because of gear.
  • O
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Where exactly are all these free players who just recently joined the game and have managed to 7 star all the required characters for Darth Revan? Pretty sure that population is a figment of the imagination.

New players have enough other things to get that they don’t take the risk of dropping everything else to chase a character than might not even come. And that’s ok. New players have enough going on. They don’t need to be able to get Darth Revan and do everything else too.

So no it's NOT fun.

Of course RNG is a part of this game. But you don’t fail the legendary events because of poor RNG. Or you don’t have to try it 300 times because of poor RNG (and yes, I know what it’s like. I spent that with Thrawn because my Phoenix weren’t good enough). The better your team the less you need to go your way to win.

There has never been, and never will be, an event that requires you to play a match over and over again to win if your team is good enough.