Please make Darth Revan extremely hard to get

Replies

• I would love for this to be the case. Actually make it impossible. See how much the **** will spend on a mobile game before they finally realize how stupid they are. Let's finally figure out how much a virgin will spend on a star wars game before they stop rationalizing the small fortune they dropped.
  • A few F2P player exist who can get top meta teams on the first appearance, but there are not many.

Obviously the whales will get him, the dolphins who planned ahead & have done okay on arena will likely get him & a small number of number 1 regular arena players who planned perfectly/saved will also get him.

This makes it hardly an easily available character to obtain, a vast majority of the player base will not get him. As I've said before, my 80m GP guild, nobody else is close to getting him & everybody plans daily. Just people were not prepared & didn't start farming instantly/quick enough.
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Ctharipper wrote: »
    Some people not been on the game for a long time. Used every resource they could to farm the needed characters. Mythic events are for the challenge. Getting the characters shouldn't be a problem after all the farm efforts especially after spending for shards for the needs. Since journey will not be a mythic but plenty of us had to work a lot simply to get shards and g8-9

See that’s why I need there to be a huge ceiling for this one. I’ve been playing this game since beta and have been contributing to this game for years. I’m 60k GP away from 5M. Some shmuck that just joined the game with 2m GP should not be able to compete with me for FREE. My 3 fastest mod sets are +162, +151, +143. There should be 0 reason why someone with 2m GP and half as good as mods as I should be overtaking me in arena just cause they feel like they are entitled to get DR for free. Make it difficult, very difficult. And make some sort of paywall.

I think the problem you are addressing isn't one of making a huge paywall and difficulty for one character. The problem is that one character is sometimes all you need to be dominant. Take Revan for example, you can make it to the top tier of arena with Revan and a group of easier to farm characters. At least when Traya and before her EP were the Meta leaders you also had to have exclusive characters to back them up (EP and Vader), this was even true with CLS and RJT. The problem I think is having one exclusive lead and the rest of the characters easily farmable.

See that’s why I need there to be a huge ceiling for this one. I’ve been playing this game since beta and have been contributing to this game for years. I’m 60k GP away from 5M. Some shmuck that just joined the game with 2m GP should not be able to compete with me for FREE. My 3 fastest mod sets are +162, +151, +143. There should be 0 reason why someone with 2m GP and half as good as mods as I should be overtaking me in arena just cause they feel like they are entitled to get DR for free. Make it difficult, very difficult. And make some sort of paywall.

Why someone with 2m gp would compete with you? Where? In arena shards are closed. Basically the most 'new' players in top 50 has bad mods hence that players can't go much further.
    You want paywall and I don't cuz I would quit otherwise being tired of arena :D
  • I hope the entire arena becomes DR. I will continue to destroy everyone with CLS. Should be easier vs DR too, assuming no revives.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Azazel61 wrote: »
    I hope the entire arena becomes DR. I will continue to destroy everyone with CLS. Should be easier vs DR too, assuming no revives.

CLS will still fall, he is pretty easy to dismantle on defense. But yeah, that's pretty much what I expect from DR - driving out the JKR madness while being a bit easier (though not too easy) to take down by other team.
  • Anti-revive, healing immunity, death-mark - shock spam mechanics I'm expecting.
  • I dont know about you guys but I'm still skeptical about Darth revan being the new meta that's best on defense and offense

Maybe it's way better than traya on offense but that doesn't mean it will be the best on defense

Has everyone forgotten how slow and squishy the Sith are? Direct focus literally 1 shots every Sith character but an insanely tenacity modded traya or prot modded sith trooper

Something needs to happen with direct focus or assist attacks to make jedi revan unable to wipe out a sith before any take a turn.
  • Montanz
    212 posts Member
    I’ve been using cls han chewie c3 r2 to claim first in arena ever since revan was released, I did not get revan the first time because I did BH and ewoks. Even though I have revan now I don’t use him in arena because my cls team wins in 1 minute even against 325 speed revans. I have to refresh the battles and climb from rank 50 some days but that’s worth it, and I have the time in the toilet at work. I also got **** to 5 stars to cling onto first place in fleets.

Both my first places in arena are made possible because of shard chat involvement, a quiet Australian Timezone payout, constantly improving mods and researching ways to beat revan/traya with what I had available to me and a willingness to change payouts to an empty space that is now part of my daily routine.

I’m f2p and I will most likely get DR, unless it requires everyone to be g12 and even then I will remod to survive depending how the event goes. But my farm is finished. Even though this is a Cinderella story not possible for many players due to lifestyles and inflexible payouts, it’s not impossible to be f2p and be on top. You just have to want it more than others.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I dont know about you guys but I'm still skeptical about Darth revan being the new meta that's best on defense and offense

Maybe it's way better than traya on offense but that doesn't mean it will be the best on defense

Has everyone forgotten how slow and squishy the Sith are? Direct focus literally 1 shots every Sith character but an insanely tenacity modded traya or prot modded sith trooper

Something needs to happen with direct focus or assist attacks to make jedi revan unable to wipe out a sith before any take a turn.

You might be on to something here, DR would just get wiped by a faster JKR without some revive mechanic (savior but just for himself maybe?). And, assuming a similar speed boost from lead, JKR has the potential for more - all his allies are Jedi and two are OR, while DR will use either all sith and one OR (Nasty Basty), or, with HK, four sith and two OR, so that's 5 speed handicap for DR right out of the gate.
  • A mass daze which can't be resisted would stop revan in his early tracks. Seems like he's getting a mass shock also (prevents buffs and TM gains)
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    If the event is on the 21st, when would be the kit release? On the 19th?
  • mvmss wrote: »

On the 22nd (lol). Honestly though, I don't recall when JKR's hit..And there's a possibility he's not ready and will need to be pushed out some more.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    mvmss wrote: »

On the 22nd (lol). Honestly though, I don't recall when JKR's hit..And there's a possibility he's not ready and will need to be pushed out some more.

Thanks. I remembered the swgoh events website. Kit revealed on Oct 16th and event staryed on the 18th
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    If I was designing this game I would try to make it so that teams always had a kryptonite and design it so the new meta was weak to a currently unpopular faction. Maybe even pair it for a rework. For example, be weak against Clones or Jawas or something.
    Whats my incentive to whale on it if you do that?

Why would i not just go hard on what can beat it, snipe #1, get my payout and move on with life?
  • Rkenshin06
    15 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Now do I think that CG should make this event more difficult than C3PO or Chewie? Honestly, no because the viability of the characters I would be taking to such high levels is much less than others teams that would prove more useful in TW/TB. What are you thoughts?
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    It's not a "controversy." People that expected Darth Revan to come are ready, and they want to limit the number of people that get him first time, so they want the event to be hard. Makes sense.

The thing those people fail to understand is that there is only plenty of time to farm for free if you were expecting it, and had crystals stashed or finish top 5 in both arenas. This is very small percentage of players, but it will be disproportionately high on old shards.
    Post edited by StarSon on
    Anyone hope the difficulty is really really up there. Harder than Chewbacca and harder than C-3PO? I’ve had Carth, Juhani, BSF, and Canderous g12’d and zeta’d for months now. So maybe I’m biased to say but I’m really not looking forward to starting off the DR meta similar to what we have now due to how much time players have gotten to farm these characters. If the requirement is not up there (at least g11-12 and a zeta or 2) then I foresee DR meta starting off at 60-70% of meta on the first release. Please don’t reward FTP with 4-6 months of viablity.

Lol. So basically you want EA to cater to you and screw everyone behind you right? What a ****. Hopefully for you they won’t cater to someone ahead of you lol
  • StarSon wrote: »
    It's not a "controversy." People that expected Darth Revan to come are ready, and they want to limit the number of people that get him first time, so they want the event to be hard. Makes sense.

The thing those people fail to understand is that there is only plenty of time to farm for free if you were expecting it, and had crystals stashed or finish top 5 in both arenas. This is very small percentage of players, but it will be disproportionately high on old shards.

1month farming 2 characters vs 5months of gear saving. Gear is not the issue in my opinion. Increasing the gear lvl won't decrease people's chance of getting him if they don't even have the characters to 7stars.
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    Rkenshin06 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

1month farming 2 characters vs 5months of gear saving. Gear is not the issue in my opinion. Increasing the gear lvl won't decrease people's chance of getting him if they don't even have the characters to 7stars.

Sure, but if you were prepared it was an easy farm. I'll have spent $0 and be done Wednesday, and I only had 5k crystals to start with.

Sure, but if you were prepared it was an easy farm. I'll have spent $0 and be done Wednesday, and I only had 5k crystals to start with.
    No, it's just that he planned better than for first Revan event. So do you. And many players, because we didn't expect Revan to be such a decisive character in many aspects of the game. We won't do the same mistake another time.

That's my point most people who are/were prepared who have the shards will have the gear. Therefore I don't want to gear up C+ possibly B+ teams to Gear 11/12 just to keep a couple of people out and then blame it on f2p vs p2p.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    It's a hero journey like JKR, so the difficulty must be the same G8-G9, or it will not make any sense.
    If you got the shards (toons) early it doesn't justify creating a gear check to this.
    Keep the journeys as they are, storytelling focus.
    Anyone hope the difficulty is really really up there. Harder than Chewbacca and harder than C-3PO? I’ve had Carth, Juhani, BSF, and Canderous g12’d and zeta’d for months now. So maybe I’m biased to say but I’m really not looking forward to starting off the DR meta similar to what we have now due to how much time players have gotten to farm these characters. If the requirement is not up there (at least g11-12 and a zeta or 2) then I foresee DR meta starting off at 60-70% of meta on the first release. Please don’t reward FTP with 4-6 months of viablity.

I think you're one of those guys who thinks that throwing thousands of dollars in a game means knowing how to play, but don't worry, it's pretty common to people who never did a competitive sport
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    usArmyJedi wrote: »

I think you're one of those guys who thinks that throwing thousands of dollars in a game means knowing how to play, but don't worry, it's pretty common to people who never did a competitive sport

I’m a whale and I know how to play. Just because someone wants an event to be hard or has money to buy certain toons doesn’t mean they can’t play the game.

The most dangerous player is one who has money who also knows how to play the game!
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Chima wrote: »
    It's a hero journey like JKR, so the difficulty must be the same G8-G9, or it will not make any sense.
    If you got the shards (toons) early it doesn't justify creating a gear check to this.

CGs wording says otherwise. I fully expect 3po/chewie level difficulty. Hoping for harder.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Chima wrote: »

CGs wording says otherwise. I fully expect 3po/chewie level difficulty. Hoping for harder.

💯
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    usArmyJedi wrote: »

This is up there with one of the most arrogant comments I've seen on this forum.