Ahsoka at 161 speed !!

Replies

• Galgenstrick
    849 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Those stats are level 80.... No level cap increase this update.

Edit: just noticed the speed boost is applied at lvl 62, so lvl 80 cap not needed.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    Alecation wrote: »
    I hope people run Jedi teams so I can put my Maul to 1 shot them =D

Good joke. Maul won't get a turn against jedi teams - four, if not all five, characters go before him
  • Options
    Cantina must be driving millions sales by the week. All buffs on Cantina, except for Poe that was "insert obligatory rant here".

I do spend 50% of my crystals there. But that's one refresh.
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Carbrenash wrote: »
    Thanks for the pics. When is the update?! :)
    You're welcome. It should be today!!!
    :smiley:

• Options
    It would be nice if they stopped putting every meta changing character in the cantina shipments... Not complaining too much, since I already have Poe 6*, QGJ 6* and Ashoka 2*, but I would like to get Daka and Boba for fun as well. There are nothing but worthless guys in arena shipments, it needs a little love over there. And if this information is correct, anyone who doesn't have QGJ already is going to be stuck at the bottom of the arena ranks for a long time.
  • Options
    Mc1 wrote: »

I know. But what time? I'm holding off on today's GW to use the new Ahsoka. :)
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Mc1 wrote: »

I know. But what time? I'm holding off on today's GW to use the new Ahsoka. :)

It's usually been around 4-6 pm.

• Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    It would be nice if they stopped putting every meta changing character in the cantina shipments... Not complaining too much, since I already have Poe 6*, QGJ 6* and Ashoka 2*, but I would like to get Daka and Boba for fun as well. There are nothing but worthless guys in arena shipments, it needs a little love over there. And if this information is correct, anyone who doesn't have QGJ already is going to be stuck at the bottom of the arena ranks for a long time.
    Im around Top 200-700 without QGJ ... depending on luck ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options

I'm rank 38 right now and use poggle as leader. Never even bothered for jedi until now.
  • Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    Im around Top 200-700 without QGJ ... depending on luck ...

Sounds like nearly the bottom to me :-/
    If you're not in the top 20, you're missing out crystals for node refreshes of Rey and RG, two other meta characters that can pretty much only be farmed by top arena ranks this way.

I'm not complaining too much as I said, just sucks for a lot of other players that want to get up in rank. I've been battling the same 10 guys on my top ten for 2 months now, rarely see a new name up in the ranks, and I believe this is why.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    All I need to know since I just 7starred QGJ and already have 4star ashoka. Do I do ashoka or up my 5* poe or 5* daka to 6*?

I'm leaning on ashoka but havnt spent my points get.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    All I need to know since I just 7starred QGJ and already have 4star ashoka. Do I do ashoka or up my 5* poe or 5* daka to 6*?

I'm leaning on ashoka but havnt spent my points get.

I'd wait for real confirmation on the updated ability. If it's correct, then definitely Ashoka
  • Options
    Thanks!!
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    Amazing. Have her at 7* and lvl 6 abilities and this is a huge treat
  • Options
    What are the chances of dooku landing a double stun on QGJ and Ashoka.

Non if you have Yoda
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Just a quick reminder.

I see a lot of posts that seem to suggest that a character is either useful in the arena or is useless.

There is more to the game than arena. The rewards from GW are better than rewards from the arena (my primary source of money and ability mats).

Also, even though we have been complaining about it for a couple months now, there should be more content on the way.

So just because a character does not fit well in the arena, that doesn't mean they aren't useful somewhere else.

It is not arena or nothing.
  • Options
    Krey wrote: »

Says the weak.
  • Options
    ilyanor wrote: »
    Thanks God..
    I can remember when in early december i pulled her in a bronzium pack and i decided to star her up with 300 cantina tokens while everyone said "go for Daka, asoka is sh..t" (it was true :D) but now.. now my faith in you, little Snips will be rewarded!

Ditto
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Nutteralex wrote: »

Says the weak.

Top 5 at payout time is weak?

Guess I am playing wrong.
  • Nutteralex
    449 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Says the weak.

#1 or nothing!!!!!

If ya ain't first, you're last.
  • Options
    Arube wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »
    Arube wrote: »
    Lol, the math is weak in this thread. :D

Anyways, HOLY **** ****!!!!!!!!!

Her speed is tied with Dooku and she has 12.5k HP!

Her special does ~7k damage (~9.3k crit) if the target is under 50% health. If the target is above 50% health, she heals the team for 5k HP.

AND SHE HAS THE HIGHEST CRIT CHANCE IN THE GAME!

HOLY **** ****!

She's going on my arena team immediately. Glad I 7*ed her. ;)

I still don't see a practical use for her. She adds nothing to a team other than speed.

Hmmph? Speed, damage and healing? All with one character? Geez, she is a top tier character based on her stats.

I get what you're saying, but the Healing will only take into effect after the first turn, and depending on the team you are facing, the outcome could already have been decided. Ahsoka, at her current speed will go first, or near first, and your only option is to use a weak attack that will hit 2k, or use her healing ability which will put it on cooldown for the rest of the match.

It's not her by herself that shines as top in arena, it's her Synergy with QGJ and Yoda.

Her basic actually hits for 3K reg - 4.5K crit and she crits more often than not see as she has the highest crit in the game. Not to mention with QGJ and Yoda your guaranteed to kill one person before anyone goes. Even if you don't attack with Yoda first round for battle medatations to counter Dooku stun. You can still take out anyone under 11K hp with her basic and QGJ call in. Saving her special for finishing someone in the second round or healing the team if needed.

Jedi team still won't be very good on D but can now be more competitive for top rank. And with so many people having to abandon all causes if they want Yoda, this makes it actually pay off without making Jedi OP.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

Says the weak.

#1 or nothing!!!!!

^ Spotted the Sith!
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Says the weak.

#1 or nothing!!!!!

I have been #1 a couple times. It just gets to the point where you realize you don't care enough. It is all about babysitting your phone for the last 2 hours before payout and spending crystals on freshes. Once your arena ladder matures, everyone can beat everyone else no matter what team you have. It's not like there is any skill involved.

Given the small difference in payout, and that i have all the arena shipment toons i really care about, it just isn't worth the hassle.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    I have been #1 a couple times. It just gets to the point where you realize you don't care enough. It is all about babysitting your phone for the last 2 hours before payout and spending crystals on freshes.

couldn't agree more.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    CPMP wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    Zekex wrote: »
    WIth this change, I have lost all remaining faith in the dev's ability to balance and diversify the arena.Won't be investing another cent in this game.

A change that makes a toon viable in arena which hasn't been competitively seen there since launch isn't adding to diversity? Implementing a change that allows a totally broken and unusable toon to be used in meta arena teams isn't balancing?

image_zpsitiuyvfw.jpeg

He is actually right. Look at the Mace Windu buffs. Did he get higher speed? No...then he is useless. If he had 160 speed? Then Meta material, even without the rest of changes! This proved that, no matter how many balance changes they do, if they don't give a character high tier speed, he is gonna be useless.

That's not true at all. If they gave Mace more damage, more health and adjusted his special's to be more "devastating" he would easily fit in with the Meta. If he actually was a big threat if left untouched then people would have to attack him leaving the speedy Jedi to do damage thus filling in his role as a tank.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Just a quick reminder.

I see a lot of posts that seem to suggest that a character is either useful in the arena or is useless.

There is more to the game than arena. The rewards from GW are better than rewards from the arena (my primary source of money and ability mats).

Also, even though we have been complaining about it for a couple months now, there should be more content on the way.

So just because a character does not fit well in the arena, that doesn't mean they aren't useful somewhere else.

That's a great post, but ima have to stop you right there. Arena is the best place to go of all time. OF ALL TIME!!

Joking aside, there really isn't a feeling of accomplishment anywhere other than Arena. GW/LightDark Side/daily tasks are all 100% bots. Yes, arena is too, but you get tons more variety and possibilities in arena than you do anywhere else.

Most people, and probably not you, have a single set GW team. I know I do. My A-Team can make it from start to finish in GW and GW is a sea of Sid, Lumi, GS, Dooku +whatever. Very rarely is there a break in the GW cycle.

At least in arena there is the potential to fail, to get better, to find a team that counters another, etc. It's why everyone puts so much emphasis on it. It also ranks you too. I wonder if GW would be more celebrated if there was a ranking on that.
  • Options
    I feel like every two weeks the devs spin a wheel with all the current characters on it. Whatever character they land on gets a massive near-op buff. Happened to RG, now Ashoka. I'm just hoping one of my characters is next.

They also have a nerf wheel, needless to say.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Arena is getting very boring. You fight with the same team against the same opponents every day. If you want change your team it will take a long time because you are only competetive with a 7 star team. GW is fun you can try new combinations and gets a lot of rewards. GW is the most important game mode in this game. And I am really hoping to see more game modes this month, because after the GW fix it is easy as in January. 30min game time.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I feel like every two weeks the devs spin a wheel with all the current characters on it. Whatever character they land on gets a massive near-op buff. Happened to RG, now Ashoka. I'm just hoping one of my characters is next.

They also have a nerf wheel, needless to say.

That's pretty much any game. It's also called power creep. You can't just keep releasing the same type of characters with the same mechanics or the game grows stale. So, you think of a new mechanic or implement a new change and all of a sudden everything that came before it is completely worthless.

Example from another thread:
    Rey *bug* being fixed where you can no longer counter her 4 hits. Every other character, Dooku/FOTP/Leia, attack multiple times. Rey attacks ONCE and HITS multiple times, triggering only a single counter instead of 3 counters on, say, a Leia combo. This basically makes Rey infinitely better because of the new mechanic (which until the upcoming patch wasn't working as intended).
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    And this is why I have 20,000 Cantina credits hoarded. ;)

This is why I have her, QGJ, Poe, Daka, Boba, and HRS all already at 7*. Why hoard when you can max?